FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It it has not been made public but there is speculation she drove her van.

It's this image that interests me. Of course the damage could be completely unrelated but it appears to be very recent. Could just be backed into a wall or bumper (think you call it a fender in the US) damage. Following a trail of financial gain is certainly much more interesting, and I admit my thoughts on this are much more mundane than that, but I'd still be looking at this as part of the investigation.

Toyota Damage.jpg

It's this image that interests me. Of course the damage could be completely unrelated but it appears to be very recent. Could just be backed into a wall or bumper (think you call it a fender in the US) damage. Following a trail of financial gain is certainly much more interesting, and I admit my thoughts on this are much more mundane than that, but I'd still be looking at this as part of the investigation.

View attachment 77837

Last night I had the thought...maybe she tried to back out of the garage and the door wasn't up...for whatever reason. Pure speculation! Do we have a word for that around here? It's an odd dent though..

Yes, you could definitely get around it, but she and her spouse would be fools to allow the computer that does that just out where anyone has access. They could lose their livelihood to a scammer, just like that.

View attachment 77837

Could that damage have come from a hammer?

The dent looks rather high up

To me, it looks more along the lines of a fender, so perhaps a hummer not hammer (no pun intended).
or backing into a truck bed....or opening the hatch back in a location with a lower ceiling.

To me, it looks more along the lines of a fender, so perhaps a hummer not hammer (no pun intended).

Or backing into railing. Looks to symmetrical to be done by hammer imo

It simply puts the costs onto the patient. I don't think insurance companies care about the time spent. The service is provided and that is the cost. The only ones who care are the medical providers ( large conglomorates) that dictate to the doctors how much time they are allowed to spend with a patient. They analyze the time . That is why some doctors are dissatisfied with health care today. Time is money.

I think her lack of billing insurance herself was to save office costs as well as to get immediate payment instead of waiting for reimbursement. It seems a prudent business decision.

It was stated that she provided some low income patients with free care. Can this be deducted as a charitable contribution? The services could be assigned a monetary figure then deducted somehow?

Ins Companies do care about time spent, the procedure code needs to correlate to the time spent aka simple visit v more complex v very complex etc and so on. Each procedure code specifies the time duration the visit needs to fit within. Its possible she spent so much time there wasn't an appropriate procedure code dedicated to same

I think the bottom line is it appears that she practiced in a different method and utilized treatment and modalities not necessarily that would fit within conventional insurance settings or accepted procedure codes, would pass typical utilization review muster, or even be medically approved to even be considered. I think it was more that than not wanting to devote time or hire someone to devote time to bill for services - given that there probably was a lot that wasn't covered, it would be practical to just be paid upfront and then have the patients deal with their insurance as to what is covered. The only real problem I see with it is when it comes to the more traditional practices/modalities that insurance likely would cover. Carriers typically have network rates or if it's a medicare patient for example that would also have its own set rates, so if the patient is paying on the front end I would guess it would be at a much higher rate than say the typical insurance or govt or whatever would have actually paid

If the van was parked at the airport, then it could have been damaged in the lot. In my experience, the lots for long-term and short-term parking are cramped quarters.

If the van was parked at the airport, then it could have been damaged in the lot. In my experience, the lots for long-term and short-term parking are cramped quarters.

Yes . And her husband would probably know if it was "new" damage or existing

I don't remember what time her flight arrived??

Anyone?

I am mystified by the insurance issue. I thought it was because she provided services that were not covered.

But in fact, services could be sent to insurance by the patient.

To me that sounds really silly and difficult. Services are coded and if the correct coding is not entered, no payment. How would a patient have a clue on how to do that?

It certainly would save the office time and money not to do insurance billing.
Were the services less expensive then because she got money up front and no staff had to be dedicated to filing insurance claims?

Absolutely. For some docs most of their overhead and a couple hours a day goes into dealing with insurance. And the time between services rendered and pay for services can be months.

Yes. There must be some reason that it isn't released yet

The point I'm making I guess is that this crime may well be related directly to the the vehicle damage. I've seen the end results of road-rage many times here in the UK, and you'd be surprised at the level of anger involved (or maybe not). Would account for the raised voices heard, if true.

Of course I could be way off the mark and go back to the financial or personal motive...

I was thinking about someone bumping her to get her to stop.
The only thing that doesn't make sense with that is the broken door.
If someone was with her, they would have the house keys

The point I'm making I guess is that this crime may well be related directly to the the vehicle damage. I've seen the end results of road-rage many times here in the UK, and you'd be surprised at the level of anger involved (or maybe not). Would account for the raised voices heard, if true.

Of course I could be way off the mark and go back to the financial or personal motive...

I thought about road rage but she would have had plenty of time to call 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95