FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about someone having cash on hand. If she worked 8 hours, tbat would be $6400 dollars. Is that a lot of money for a robbery?

I would think the money would be deposited daily.

I think if there was theft, it would be in bookkeeping.

That is why I wondered whether she had a trusted person making a nightly deposit while the family was out of town. If not, the Dr. might have stopped by her office to pick up the cash & checks for the week. She could then make the deposit at the bank on her way to work.

Good point about the dogs. I'm sure my two would have barked if there was a commotion. Do we know what type of dogs and where they were found? Inside or outside?

Good point about the dogs. I'm sure my two would have barked if there was a commotion. Do we know what type of dogs and where they were found? Inside or outside?

We have found a blurred picture of one of them. It was consistent in appearance and size with a Cockapoo, Scottie, etc. I have been unable to find any mention of where they were found. I'm assuming the lack of information, in general, from LE means they are building their case for an arrest. At least I hope so!

That is why I wondered whether she had a trusted person making a nightly deposit while the family was out of town. If not, the Dr. might have stopped by her office to pick up the cash & checks for the week. She could then make the deposit at the bank on her way to work.
Lets remember that a medical practice that doesn't take insurance doesn't necessarily mean that they only take currency, dollar bills that is. They may take checks and credit cards, pay pal, money orders. So they may not have that much cash on hand on a daily basis. And why would she take cash home to her house. She would have some type of regular banking / deposit routine.

Lets remember that a medical practice that doesn't take insurance doesn't necessarily mean that they only take currency, dollar bills that is. They may take checks and credit cards, pay pal, money orders. So they may not have that much cash on hand on a daily basis. And why would she take cash home to her house. She would have some type of regular banking / deposit routine.

I think it was mentioned a few posts above the various modes that would be termed cash vs insurance-type of practice. But all of those types can be subjected to fraud under the nefarious acts of a bad employee.

I would not assume the Doctor made her own deposits. Heck, the office manager was her husband---likely he would do that, IMO.

I've wondered whether the "shrill" could have come from one of the dogs. My smaller dog, similar in size to Dr. Sievers dogs, never barks or makes noise unless he is severely distressed. If I arrive home late at night he can be heard (from outside the house) wailing. We call it his "death cry" because it is very high pitched and sounds exactly like a woman is being repeatedly harmed. If the dogs were left outside they might have cried to come in or, if they were inside, been crying for their injured human. jmho

BBM: If it was a dog making the 'shrill' sound, do you think maybe the dogs were killed with a hammer? It has not been revealed how Dr. Sievers was killed, has it? Of course we have not been told that any neighbors or anyone else ever heard the dogs barking or that the dogs were even there.

I just wish the neighbor could have used different wording than 'a shrill'. I've never heard that wording used. Was it a scream or what?

I just really, really wish we knew more.

We know she had a chef preparing the meals, a dog walker. We don't know who was employed for her around the house. Housekeeper? Yard person? I dont think we have looked at that angle and who may have known the alarm code or that she would be out of town. Even one of them may have passed info on to the wrong person.

Somewhere in the first thread, I posted my thoughts on a possible affair where she brought the person home in her van to avoid neighbors seeing his car in the driveway. I realize it sounds as if there is far more to this crime, but I still feel my scenario could apply. It would account for how he got in (with her in the van) and was able to avoid cameras. It would account for the murder being the morning. Maybe they had been up all night, or slept and had a fight in the morning when they woke.

Also, there seems to be a lot of focus on how the person got into the house without being seen. I am more interested in how he got OUT of the house without being seen. Did he walk/run away? Someone pick him up? Not a single neighbor saw anything? (With it being very early in the morning on a workday, I would think someone would have been out jogging, walking their dog, putting out trash, etc.)

Well this is a very good point. The jimmied door was on the right side of the house when facing it, which is the side that has no camera. There is open lawn on that side enclosed by the fence, which on the other side of the fence is the left side of the adjacent neighbors house. I had thought about whoever did this needed to hop the fence from neighbors yard to avoid cameras, but you're right they also would have had to leave that way over the fence and into the yard next door to avoid the cameras on the way out. Unless that's part of the security system issue, that not only did it not go off but the cameras were somehow blocked to be off

I'm not feeling that money was the motive in this case at least not robbery of cash at the home, perhaps embezzelment at the office but anyone who knew Dr. S's business would likely rob the office safe and not expect to find huge sums in the home. JMO

I'm not feeling that money was the motive in this case at least not robbery of cash at the home, perhaps embezzelment at the office but anyone who knew Dr. S's business would likely rob the office safe and not expect to find huge sums in the home. JMO

I'm not feeling money was the motive either. I feel it was some kind of romantic entanglement or jealousy on someones side. JMO

I think LE already know who done it. They are just waiting for the stuff they sent off to the lab to get back. I expect an arrest soon. jmo

I can't figure out why the idea of a doc not taking insurance is relevant to this crime. I've gone to docs who take insurance and docs who don't take insurance. Are people saying it's mark on her character or that it has something to do with why she would have been targeted? I'm just trying to figure out the intrigue in something that seems like such a boring business detail.
I agree that is just a detail about her business. A lot of practitioners like that. Will those who are really into that aspect explain how you see a connection to the murder?

I found the sheriff's words odd, odd indeed...and his words put some of those who met or knew Teresa in the uncomfortable position of wondering just what her killer did to her.
I feel hopeful that there will be movement this week as evidence mounts.
Teresa was a wonderful, funny, feisty person and I can't help but wonder if her humanitarian work might have pissed someone off. RIP

What if the "male voice" wasn't male at all. I know some females that have lower pitched voices due to smoking for years. For some reason I just feel like there was a woman involved. Maybe one of her female/transgender patients had feelings for TS and the feelings weren't mutual. I too am 4' 11", but I'm heavier than 100 lbs. and I've been in a fist fight with the 6'2", 200 lb. ex fiancé after he shoved me and guess who won? I did! I hope TS fought as hard as I did!!!

I feel like LE was a bit hasty in their comments about "movie/tv story" when they have yet to make any arrests. I don't really understand why he would say something like that about a brutal, as yet unsolved murder. Sounds more like something a tabloid might say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24