FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was mentioned a few posts above the various modes that would be termed cash vs insurance-type of practice. But all of those types can be subjected to fraud under the nefarious acts of a bad employee.

I would not assume the Doctor made her own deposits. Heck, the office manager was her husband---likely he would do that, IMO.

That is precisely why I wondered who was responsible for the deposits. Her husband was out of town with her and was not due to return for several more days. If the cash and checks were being held till they returned she may have planned on making the deposit for him.

That is precisely why I wondered who was responsible for the deposits. Her husband was out of town with her and was not due to return for several more days. If the cash and checks were being held till they returned she may have planned on making the deposit for him.
I wonder if the bank was already closed on Friday and they had to bring the money home till Monday. Somebody in her office would have known that info. JMO! [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

It is just my opinion, but I have two people in mind as the perp(s).

What about this plot - the person was already in the house waiting for the doctor to arrive home. Either the alarm had been jammed or they had been given the code, the jimmying of the door was to throw LE off. This person is known to the doctor and the dogs, therefore the dogs would not bark at the person. The person is known by husband also.

I find it quite conspicuous that the doctor returns by herself and is murdered the same night! Also, the majority of men do not lose it in the street or publically! This has proven to be quite telling in cases from the past. IMO.

I could certainly see that as a possibility. It's almost like the doctor was surrounded by emotionally odd people. I find several people who were close to the doctor suspicious:

a) The spouse - He stays back with the doctor's family when she returns home. Okay, but then he continues to stay there for several more days after he finds out his wife has been killed. Yet, once he arrives home, he publicly falls apart sobbing 2 different times. We also know the alarm system was wireless and could be deactivated by cell phone with the security code. So, he could have hired someone to kill her and the deactivated the code when she was due to return home.

b) SH - Her interview seemed emotionally cold. She appears to be the person who notified the spouse of the murder. By the date of her interview she had already arranged a job for herself at a practice in the same complex AND had arranged for the transfer of many of Dr. Sievers patients. A witness mentioned seeing a tan truck pulled up really close to the garage on the morning of the murder and then stated they saw the same truck after LE arrived, but it wasn't up next to the garage. Did that truck belong to HS?

c) LS - Within one day sets up a million dollar account and begins doing television interviews and taking over Dr. Sievers speaking engagements. Seems much more interested in self promotion than grieving for the death of a friend.

This may have been discussed... So forgive me if it has...

but... We have discussed the surveillance vid cameras at the Doctor's home...

Have we heard anything about what may have been seen on surveillance cams from neighbors with surveillance cams facing towards the home and/or out on the street?

How was the tan van seen?

By eye-witnesses?... Or surveillance cams?... Or ???

TIA...:seeya:

This may have been discussed... So forgive me if it has...

but... We have discussed the surveillance vid cameras at the Doctor's home...

Have we heard anything about what may have been seen on surveillance cams from neighbors with surveillance cams facing towards the home and/or out on the street?

How was the tan van seen?

By eye-witnesses?... Or surveillance cams?... Or ???

TIA...:seeya:

I have not heard any mention of surveillance cams around the immediate vicinity. LE is making a point of not talking about any evidence. The information we have has all been from neighbors and LE has gone on record saying they will not comment regarding anything that is being "leaked" in order to preserve evidence. The neighbor said she "saw" the tan truck and did not mention a camera. The doctor's house was the only one in close proximity that had a fence around it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were also the only ones with a security system.

I've viewed the video and I do see grief. I can only explain my feelings by telling you all that, had I been in her position, I just may have done what she did.

See, I'm the sort of person who, when disaster strikes, doesn't get emotional in the traditional sense. I'm the one who does what has to be done while others are wringing their hands and can't deal with practicalities.

A good example would be when my sister's cat fell from the beams into a triangular area in our basement. The poor thing was petrified and caterwalling. My husband was running around like a maniac, piling tools on the bed. My sister and niece were crying hysterically. They kept saying the cat would die because it had been declawed.

Me? I checked the closet wall area, the bathroom area, and the bedroom area for electrical service. Two walls had switches/outlets. I chose the third wall, behind the door in the bathroom, pointed to a hammer, and told my husband to break a hole in the wall, as gently as possible. Hole made, dusty cat rescued, emergency over. I then left the room and then the emotions hit me.

I'm asked by friends to "help" at funerals because of this quirk in my personality. I calm the grieving, act as hostess, and smooth things over. After the event, when I am alone, THEN I break down.

SH could be such a person as I. She's trained to be calm, cool, and collected as a nurse, ready to handle emergencies.

At this point, I have no clue as to "whodunit" and am anxious to see an arrest or arrests. If there's a lot of DNA, I'm sure test results won't be instantaneous.

I hate the down time between the sensational crime and the arrest.

I've viewed the video and I do see grief. I can only explain my feelings by telling you all that, had I been in her position, I just may have done what she did.

See, I'm the sort of person who, when disaster strikes, doesn't get emotional in the traditional sense. I'm the one who does what has to be done while others are wringing their hands and can't deal with practicalities.

A good example would be when my sister's cat fell from the beams into a triangular area in our basement. The poor thing was petrified and caterwalling. My husband was running around like a maniac, piling tools on the bed. My sister and niece were crying hysterically. They kept saying the cat would die because it had been declawed.

Me? I checked the closet wall area, the bathroom area, and the bedroom area for electrical service. Two walls had switches/outlets. I chose the third wall, behind the door in the bathroom, pointed to a hammer, and told my husband to break a hole in the wall, as gently as possible. Hole made, dusty cat rescued, emergency over. I then left the room and then the emotions hit me.

I'm asked by friends to "help" at funerals because of this quirk in my personality. I calm the grieving, act as hostess, and smooth things over. After the event, when I am alone, THEN I break down.

SH could be such a person as I. She's trained to be calm, cool, and collected as a nurse, ready to handle emergencies.

At this point, I have no clue as to "whodunit" and am anxious to see an arrest or arrests. If there's a lot of DNA, I'm sure test results won't be instantaneous.

I hate the down time between the sensational crime and the arrest.
Awww glad kitty is okay!
I agree. Some people just do not show emotion. Would be interesting to know if this is how she always is during trying times.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I could certainly see that as a possibility. It's almost like the doctor was surrounded by emotionally odd people. I find several people who were close to the doctor suspicious:

a) The spouse - He stays back with the doctor's family when she returns home. Okay, but then he continues to stay there for several more days after he finds out his wife has been killed. Yet, once he arrives home, he publicly falls apart sobbing 2 different times. We also know the alarm system was wireless and could be deactivated by cell phone with the security code. So, he could have hired someone to kill her and the deactivated the code when she was due to return home.

b) SH - Her interview seemed emotionally cold. She appears to be the person who notified the spouse of the murder. By the date of her interview she had already arranged a job for herself at a practice in the same complex AND had arranged for the transfer of many of Dr. Sievers patients. A witness mentioned seeing a tan truck pulled up really close to the garage on the morning of the murder and then stated they saw the same truck after LE arrived, but it wasn't up next to the garage. Did that truck belong to HS?

c) LS - Within one day sets up a million dollar account and begins doing television interviews and taking over Dr. Sievers speaking engagements. Seems much more interested in self promotion than grieving for the death of a friend.
There is definitely some odd things going on with this case with the husband staying away and the donation account. I don't know what to think but my initial feeling doesn't sit well. JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I'm totally confused about "who" made the initial decision to check Dr Sievers home after realizing she was late for work. Was it someone from her office (technically they'd be the only people who knew she was late), did someone from the doctor's office then jump in their car to go and check the house, did someone from her office ask someone else to go and check, or who exactly found the body? Did someone call law enforcement to go and check? From the interview with Sandra it sounds like the office received a call from someone saying there was crime scene tape around the block, then Sandra hopped in her car to go over there. So "who" is the person who notified the doctor's office about the crime scene tape? It's such a confusing story and bizarre cast of characters ... can someone please fill me in if I'm missing anything? Thanks .....

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I'm totally confused about "who" made the initial decision to check Dr Sievers home after realizing she was late for work. Was it someone from her office (technically they'd be the only people who knew she was late), did someone from the doctor's office then jump in their car to go and check the house, did someone from her office ask someone else to go and check, or who exactly found the body? Did someone call law enforcement to go and check? From the interview with Sandra it sounds like the office received a call from someone saying there was crime scene tape around the block, then Sandra hopped in her car to go over there. So "who" is the person who notified the doctor's office about the crime scene tape? It's such a confusing story and bizarre cast of characters ... can someone please fill me in if I'm missing anything? Thanks .....

I am confused along with you

I have read that someone from the office did a wellness check and found her body

I have read that someone from the office called police to do a wellness check and police found her body

There are links to both somewhere.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I'm totally confused about "who" made the initial decision to check Dr Sievers home after realizing she was late for work. Was it someone from her office (technically they'd be the only people who knew she was late), did someone from the octor's office then jump in their car to go and check the house, did someone from her office ask someone else to go and check, or who exactly found the body? Did someone call law enforcement to go and check? From the interview with Sandra it sounds like the office received a call from someone saying there was crime scene tape around the block, then Sandra hopped in her car to go over there. So "who" is the person who notified the doctor's office about the crime scene tape? It's such a confusing story and bizarre cast of characters ... can someone please fill me in if I'm missing anything? Thanks .....

It was said that someone from the office discovered the body and called 911, phoned the office, the front desk lady told Sandra there was crime scene tape at her house. Then she went which I assuming after 9:43am when LE arrived. Also the person that found her drove the tan truck. This part makes sense because the truck was gone around 9:30am and police got there at 9:43am.

Police visited the home, owned by the couple, after dispatchers received a call raising concern for Sievers' whereabouts at 9.45am on Monday. Her street was then blocked off.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illed-Florida-home-husband-children-town.html

After a family vacation last week, Sievers, 46, returned to Florida alone, calling her husband to let him know she’d arrived safely, according to reports. When she didn't show up for work Monday morning, worried colleagues called the police, who discovered her body at home, authorities said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-doctor-teresa-sievers-found-killed-home-police/story?id=32200074

Thanks Dushi. That clears it up:thinking:

Wow, ask and you shall receive!! I can't believe how fast so many of you responded to my questions ... Thank you!

So we have several articles that mention the morning Dr Sievers body was discovered and I will for now assume that the one from the sheriff's office is the most accurate and that someone notified LE of a deceased female. If everyone is telling the truth, we can assume it wasn't Sandra who found her, or the receptionist, so who else in the doctor's office could have known that she was late for work and gone to check on her? Was that the person who drove the tan colored Chevy Avalanche (see post below from shandram19)? Could that have been LS?

07-03-2015, 12:36 AM #54 shandram19
I just watched today's episode of NG and they're saying that there was a tan Chevy avalanche truck parked very near to the garage at 9am the morning she was found, but the vehicle was gone by the time police got there at 9:45am. Also looks like the side door was pried open. When I saw that I was wondering if the perp pried the door open to rob the house and then was surprised by her being home. But I also wonder if that could be a red Herring since the alarm system never alerted.

The article about the police says they discovered her body, or thats how i read it.
The tan coloured vehicle is a mystery.
I suppose its a possibility that when she didn't answer her phones, someone from the office drove there.

The reports are very confusing as one stated an unnamed individual found the body and another says police discovered her body after receiving a call from her office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B