FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you put cameras only where you need them. I don't think there was a lot of $$ for extra cameras. Moo

Hi everyone, if a post is a broken quote please don't quote it again, it can be a nightmare to clean up.

If so inclined, please use the alert function(little black triangle on bottom left)and one of us will get to it before it becomes a mess.

:tyou:

It is very interesting that cameras were just installed in January. While we have read about the security system company being out the day of the murder to inspect the system, then that raises the question as to why MS and his brother(s)-in-law had been checking the system before going on vacation? If you have a professionally installed system, why does the company not come out to check for problems if you think something is wrong?

Another thing I found odd is that there were no cameras in the back since they have a pool. Pools are big liabilities and since cameras were newly installed, I'd think they wanted the back area covered too. Don't many of these Florida homes have numerous glass patio doors on the back side of the house? This would be another reason to have cameras on the back - patio doors are easy to break in. JMO

We do not know when the cameras had been installed. We only know, they were not installed some when in January of this year, when Google created the street view for this particular location. Check image capture date on the bottom right of the Google screen.

The alarm system was checked on Friday, July 3rd. That's AFTER the attack.

Look at marker 1:34 in the NG video regarding the security camera locations.

-Nin

We do not know when the cameras had been installed. We only know, they were not installed some when in January of this year, when Google created the street view for this particular location. Check image capture date on the bottom right of the Google screen.

The alarm system was checked on Friday, July 3rd. That's AFTER the attack.

Look at marker 1:34 in the NG video regarding the security camera locations.

-Nin

Yes, it's my understanding as well that the alarm system was tested after the murder, not before they left on vacation. Neighbors spoke of seeing MS and TS's brothers testing the unit and then also the alarm company was seen coming out to check the system. IIRC

Wonder if perp in custody already on unrelated charge and therefore no hurry by LE or family.

I think you put cameras only where you need them. I don't think there was a lot of $$ for extra cameras. Moo

I agree with putting cameras where they're needed. This was an entire right side of the home with an access door was completely unprotected that we know, at least there was no camera outside. It may well have been alarmed, I don't know, but I assume it would be. :( Honestly, when buying a security system, the addition of a single camera (or two) and it's inclusion in the system is negligible. As the saying goes: a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link - same with a security system.

Check out marker 0.52 in this video. It shows 2 dogs being walked in front of the Sievers house. These are not LCSO dog handlers. The person on the right is a LCSO detective wearing gloves. The dog on the left shows great discomfort by the way he is moving around clamping his tail.

What do you think?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/02/doctor-teresa-sievers-murdered-home-family-out-town

Also, the dog with the clamped tail in the video looks similar to the dog shown in a family picture. Thoughts?

sievers dog1 blocked.jpg

-Nin

Russian Blue..... regarding the Sheriff saying there would be 'books & movies'--so far he's not been seen/heard publicly actually saying that--PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here. News anchors/reporters have 'reported' this info AFTER he's off camera therefore not factual. Just adds to the drama. WHO KNOWS, maybe he was over heard saying this to his deputies OR said it 'off the record'. Regardless, 'books & movies" would be done long after plus have not impact on solving the case.

Check out marker 0.52 in this video. It shows 2 dogs being walked in front of the Sievers house. These are not LCSO dog handlers. The person on the right is a LCSO detective wearing gloves. The dog on the left shows great discomfort by the way he is moving around clamping his tail.

What do you think?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/02/doctor-teresa-sievers-murdered-home-family-out-town

Also, the dog with the clamped tail in the video looks similar to the dog shown in a family picture. Thoughts?

View attachment 78865

-Nin
I think they might be her dogs. The one one the right looks like it's been shaved from the ribs to rump. That tail indicates it has long fur. Maybe she had him clipped to keep him cooler in the heat?
I think most police dogs have some sort of vest or special collar to visually ID them, maybe not. Here's a screen shot.
uploadfromtaptalk1438026421576.png

In so many of these case where too many days go by and it seems everything is cooling off, I, and I hear others saying the same, get frustrated with lack of information.
It usually (in my opinion) boils down to two things, they don't have anything or any idea, or they have an idea and no evidence to pin it on someone.
When they (LE and the family) stop asking for help and the "usual" type interviews don't happen that's when I think it is close to home. Home can be family, work, but close in. The usual to me is "oh my God I can't believe this has happened!", help us find the killer, who would do this? Or offering rewards for information etc. Keeping it in the public's face. Don't forget about this person who was brutally murdered, help us find the killer. Nope everyone is moving on in record time.

Instead we hear nothing. Maybe I am not good at understanding what normal behavior would be in this circumstance, but there was so little time before everybody seems to be up and at it, let's just carry on her good work, send the practice here, this guy goes there, donation pages going up before anyone even has time to think that any donations are needed. Really, this go fund me stuff is what you first think of instead of grieving?
Not just her husband, kids, sister, other immediate family, co workers, close colleagues?

You put a note on the door or call the patients, informing of the doctors passing and then put up a direction about donations?
I don't know if this is modern etiquette or what, but I would think you would put up something along the lines of "it is with great sadness, etc. And, we will release details on the arrangements, etc,.
We are temporarily sending our patients to (fill in the blank), we regret that this has happened in fact we are devastated, it is a shock to us all, we will do our best to make sure you health care is taken care or etc. But donations, donations for what?!
I know here on WS we have examined that ad nauseum but it's not the idea of donating, but asking right off the bat without saying for what. And multiple venues of money collecting.
And the 3 interviews that I have seen are focused on the good doctor, yes and continuing her work, and those giving the interviews and their relationship to her. But what about "hey we have got to find out who did this", wouldn't your mind and heart be screaming this? How and why did this happen. Instead we get my west to my east or whatever.

First things first when there is a horrific shocking event. The silence and the actions are like, OK everyone let's just move on here.

And, I wrote earlier in another post about the fake crying. Or, what I perceive to be, from the assistant. You can't snuffle and choke and screw up your face and have no water in your eyes and be crying. Real crying is one of the hardest things to learn in acting.

And the show boating (another Websleuther's description) of the Sheriff. A novel a movie, but no previews? I hope he has something really big or he is going to look like a real idiot. I think he was carried away and even if it is something so incredible that led to her death, that release of zealous excitement I don't think was strategic, nor was it helpful. Anyway, just a few thoughts.
Awesome post!! I totally agree with you!! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Riversinthedesert..... thanks for the vid link. I had seen that one and another. I've seen so many posts saying he's being dramatic with the "books & movies" statement, made off camera obviously, when I just think---JMO---that it's simply something he's said in describing how interesting this case is with all it's evidence, "twists & turns", etc. I was just pointing out that he had not said it publicly WHICH if he in fact had done so, would be dramatizing in my opinion as well as very inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli