FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the sherriff is in over his head but didn't realize that when he made his remarks about movies and book deals.
They might have too many leads and too many suspects that in the end don't add up to much of anything...
Lots and lots of crimes including murder are never solved. I hope this isn't one of them but this case is getting cold fast. Generally speaking if a prime suspect is not found soon I doubt that one will ever will be found. Unless, they have someone in mind but do not have enough to charge them.

Russian Blue..... regarding the Sheriff saying there would be 'books & movies'--so far he's not been seen/heard publicly actually saying that--PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here. News anchors/reporters have 'reported' this info AFTER he's off camera therefore not factual. Just adds to the drama. WHO KNOWS, maybe he was over heard saying this to his deputies OR said it 'off the record'. Regardless, 'books & movies" would be done long after plus have not impact on solving the case.

I agree but by him saying this he is sort of implying it is not the young burglar scared out of his mind killing her with the tool he broke into the home with that night/morning.

I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me now. I did see the clip where the reporter states this after their interview but wasn't there another short clip with him actually saying it on NBC-2 shown at a later time? It all seems like a blur.

Yes, I saw the clip and he DID say it - he said it near the very end. That sheriff acted like he absolutely knows who murdered this lady, and it's just a matter of time now 'til the arrest. Neighbors do not have to fear for their safety. He was downright nonchalant, but a few days later I learned how he is politician running to get re-elected right now, with 2 candidates against him, 1 of whom was the former press info' person for the sheriff's dept., and she mouthed off publicly that sheriff isn't doing a good job (meaning, duh, sheriff is not doing things as she thinks they should go down - - btw - she wanted more press releases --------ain't that odd?)

How the heck long has it been now?

Oh, threads are so huge: Did former hubby actually turn up last Friday with replacement New Age M.D. for former hubby's 'practice mgt.', like he promised?

Security cams... yes, there should have been a 2nd cam mounted on that right side garage corner, a double mount, with one aimed at the garage pedestrian door. A street facing fence gate is 8-12' from that corner so easy, short access to that side ped door--not good. It is strange there are no cams covering the back of the house or the entire perimeter. Yes, the entire yard is fenced, including the pool with yet it's own enclosure (typical in FL) and maybe a fence is all that's needed for liability in FL but I'm not privy to insurance/law down there.

Security we had installed in our spec & custom homes was basic but thorough. Protected all entry doors, garage bay doors, all windows for movement AND all window/door glass breaking (vs movement). Also installed were 2 access panels---1 at door entry into garage and a 2nd in the master bedroom. We never had cams installed unless a customer requested it. Kentucky is a different market than Florida although I would say homes in the $1 million plus range would be prone to cams but depending on location.

I wonder if the Sievers had an security access panel in their master bedroom. If there's a break-in or entry of any kind, the location is shown on the panel ALTHOUGH that would depend on the system used. Most installed by security companies would have that feature but stuff you install yourself would generally not.

Wo MinnesotaMary... you have a link for that, I'd like to see where the Sheriff said that.

Yes, I saw the clip and he DID say it - he said it near the very end. That sheriff acted like he absolutely knows who murdered this lady, and it's just a matter of time now 'til the arrest. Neighbors do not have to fear for their safety. He was downright nonchalant, but a few days later I learned how he is politician running to get re-elected right now, with 2 candidates against him, 1 of whom was the former press info' person for the sheriff's dept., and she mouthed off publicly that sheriff isn't doing a good job (meaning, duh, sheriff is not doing things as she thinks they should go down - - btw - she wanted more press releases --------ain't that odd?)

Oh, threads are so huge: Did former hubby actually turn up last Friday with replacement New Age M.D. for former hubby's 'practice mgt.', like he promised?

Ok so there are two of us. In my book the sheriff is not getting a free pass on this because the community deserves professionalism in that elected position. And all the connectivity talk is another phrase he has thrown out there quite a few times so again that tilts the needle away from the random burglar.

NG talked to a Bob Alexander in the clip Nin cited with the TWO dogs (thank you very much) He is with 92.5 Fox News is what I believe NG said and he sure seemed on top of things. I wonder how he is feeling about the investigation at this point?

I feel like EVERYONE involved with this case has just moved on and I just don't get it. I realize the family may be staying quiet for a reason but where is some outrage of this horrific murder. Way too nonchalant for me.

I think they might be her dogs. The one one the right looks like it's been shaved from the ribs to rump. That tail indicates it has long fur. Maybe she had him clipped to keep him cooler in the heat?
I think most police dogs have some sort of vest or special collar to visually ID them, maybe not. Here's a screen shot.

View attachment 78885

Those are family pet types of dogs---they are not LE tracking/service dogs.
It is my belief that they belong to Dr S's family.

Check out marker 0.52 in this video. It shows 2 dogs being walked in front of the Sievers house. These are not LCSO dog handlers. The person on the right is a LCSO detective wearing gloves. The dog on the left shows great discomfort by the way he is moving around clamping his tail.

What do you think?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/02/doctor-teresa-sievers-murdered-home-family-out-town

Also, the dog with the clamped tail in the video looks similar to the dog shown in a family picture. Thoughts?

View attachment 78865

-Nin

Have posted very little, so please forgive me if this isn't done correctly. If you'll notice in the same video of the dogs (above), there is a red vehicle parked in what appears to be the driveway of a home, in very close proximity, to the Dr's home. Could the person who spoke of a red vehicle in TS's driveway, have seen this one & mistakenly identified which home it was parked at? I'm also wondering if the dog's tail is tucked, because of being afraid of all of the surrounding activity. MOO

Nothing much new in last story except video confirms the 2 dogs belonged to the Sievers family. Sheriff said there would be no update.

Yes, I saw his interview where he said that and a lot of other things that were very PR oriented and odd. :/

This link has part of the interview, but the reporter goes on to repeat just what you say about "when all the evidence is in, there will be books written about it and movies made." - paraphrasing by me. I agree with you, he sure makes it seem as though he's certain it's not random.

Here's a link to one of the articles that states what Scott said.
http://naplesherald.com/2015/07/13/sheriff-scott-sievers-murder-a-complicated-set-of-circumstances/

I'm still trying to find that video that I saw of him saying it.

If those 2 large dogs are Dr. Sievers, wouldn't you think if it was some unknown person who entered the house, the dogs would be barking and possibly attacking the unknown person?

2 large barking dogs can make a lot of noise. No one has mentioned hearing them?

If the person was known to the dogs and visa versa, then there wouldn't be any barking and attacking? Jmo and two cents.

Interesting that there will be no more interviews or updates. They are close to an arrest or they have egg on their face and the dogs are the last hope of solving the case. jmo

Report does say that a hammer was the weapon and that a dr. will be available for phone consults.
Neighbors say they witnessed technicians take saliva and hair samples from the couple’s dogs.
Deputies were joined by Sievers’ husband, Mark.

What led them back almost 4 weeks later to get samples from the dogs? Something they got back from the lab?

If those 2 large dogs are Dr. Sievers, wouldn't you think if it was some unknown person who entered the house, the dogs would be barking and possibly attacking the unknown person?

2 large barking dogs can make a lot of noise. No one has mentioned hearing them?

If the person was known to the dogs and visa versa, then there wouldn't be any barking and attacking? Jmo and two cents.

I have a small terrier (10 lbs) and she barks up a storm if anyone comes onto my front patio or near my door. Size doesn't matter, she is very loud. I have known few dogs who do not react when they hear an unusual noise or someone outside a door. Jmo it is very odd if they did not bark, but perhaps they did and no one noticed it or found it unusual. In my former neighborhood, dogs barked all night long :( poor things.

Interesting that there will be no more interviews or updates. They are close to an arrest or they have egg on their face and the dogs are the last hope of solving the case. jmo

I can't see taking dog DNA or whatever, unless there is a good reason. They wouldn't just take it for the heck of it, hoping for clues, Imo. They must have found hair, saliva, teeth marks or something. Jmo

I am wondering what kind of movies Sheriff Mike Scott likes to watch..?

-Nin

Security cams... yes, there should have been a 2nd cam mounted on that right side garage corner, a double mount, with one aimed at the garage pedestrian door. A street facing fence gate is 8-12' from that corner so easy, short access to that side ped door--not good. It is strange there are no cams covering the back of the house or the entire perimeter. Yes, the entire yard is fenced, including the pool with yet it's own enclosure (typical in FL) and maybe a fence is all that's needed for liability in FL but I'm not privy to insurance/law down there.

Security we had installed in our spec & custom homes was basic but thorough. Protected all entry doors, garage bay doors, all windows for movement AND all window/door glass breaking (vs movement). Also installed were 2 access panels---1 at door entry into garage and a 2nd in the master bedroom. We never had cams installed unless a customer requested it. Kentucky is a different market than Florida although I would say homes in the $1 million plus range would be prone to cams but depending on location.

I wonder if the Sievers had an security access panel in their master bedroom. If there's a break-in or entry of any kind, the location is shown on the panel ALTHOUGH that would depend on the system used. Most installed by security companies would have that feature but stuff you install yourself would generally not.

I'm thinking the rear cameras are mounted beneath the screened-in pool area. That way they can serve a dual purpose of watching the doors and monitoring activity in the pool (for safety reasons). jmho

I can't see taking dog DNA or whatever, unless there is a good reason. They wouldn't just take it for the heck of it, hoping for clues, Imo. They must have found hair, saliva, teeth marks or something. Jmo
Maybe they've found dog hair/saliva on a possible perps clothing, and are comparing
to TS' dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members