FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about someone forgetting to close the hatch and the garage door came down or a gate closing on the car before it was thru an entrance? Yes most garage doors and gates have sensors but some don't stop till some damage is done so there is that possibility too.

I realize LE continues their mantra that the public at large is not at risk but what about other physicians or medical personnel in the field like Dr. Sievers? Was she specifically targeted for being Dr. Teresa Sievers or for working with certain patient types?

Last night, I was thinking along the same lines, since those great pictures allowed us to see the hatchback more clearly. Parking garages have low hanging signs, ironically, warning you of the clearance. Some of them are so ridiculous, that even a driver with a low profile car might feel like ducking as they pass under--for fear of decapitation! The hatchback of the Sienna could've flung open--for whatever reason--as it passed under one of these low hanging signs. If the sign had any protrusions (you would have to measure the spacing and length of the protrusions); and if the speed of the Sienna was significant, this scenario for these dents is quite possible. Nothing is made like it used to be...except for those stupid signs.

What we need to know--right off the bat--is if any of the neighbors noticed this damage to the Sienna BEFORE the day of the murder. Since we don't know what is kept inside the Sievers' garage, I suppose it is also possible that if someone was trying to back-up the Sienna into the garage, at another time, that they might have pressed against an object that was protruding.

This news just makes my heart heavier for the family.(The news regarding the other deaths that have been suffered by this family.)

Re debt.She had a couple of medical specialties, I think.My SIL said that many doctors pay on their student loans until they retire.However, we tried to calculate on here her price which is about $400 an hour or more depending on time of patient visit. She had supplements she was selling which are incredibly lucrative. I believe she was a spokesperson for a company?They did not seem to be living an extravagant lifestyle. No home on a golf course in a gated community. No high priced vacations. No expensive private schools for the children.They must have another vehicle. The children went to the office with the husband. They could not go on a motorcycle.
They were doing all the right things. They were not living above their means. Perhaps, they shared the Sienna? Mark could've dropped Dr. Sievers off, and then come back to pick her up, with the girls.

A motorcycle running into it? The handlebars? They would leave just tiny dents and the distance between the dents is a big spread.
And you would have to make allowance for the front wheel of the motorcycle. It would've had to push through, and depending on speed at time of impact, cause the bumper to crack off, and possibly lift the rear end of the Sienna, if the Sienna was at a standstill. Also, I would think that the handle bars of the motorcycle would have had to have been inverted to make such dents, if there are handle bars with that width to make those marks. Or, some type of attachment to the handlebars. I just can't see it, for the mere fact of the front wheel having to go somewhere.

So I wonder why LE hasn't given the van back? I dont recall ever hearing of someones vehicle being held this long for processing.

If LE determined the van is evidence, they would keep it. If, for example, the prosecutor intends to use the van (or parts of the van) as real evidence, maybe tying the unsub to the crime, it would be prudent for LE to keep the van in custody. I think this is what's happening here. Perhaps Dr. Sievers was observed on traffic cam in the van on the way home from the airport. Maybe cams document that she made a detour or picked up a passenger. In any case the van may, literally, be full of evidence proving where Dr. Sievers went (her route), who she was with and when. IMO the van is probably how the unsub gained access to the home - through the garage in the van with the victim.

Also, I'm not sure how advanced the technology is in this model but it probably had navigation. A family member of mine has a newer Lexus. I noticed that it tracks your route even if you aren't using the nav. It leaves little dots so that your most traveled routes are heavily filled in. Lexus and Toyta are owned by the same parent corp., extremely similar builds and engines. Maybe LE is extracting evidence from the navigation system.

That is a pretty strong dent in the car isn't it?

It would seem a back up situation rather than someone ramming into the vehicle.

But backing up would have to be pretty intense I would think. Not a slow back up to get such a dent

It could be a slow back up, especially into something stationary and solid. I've slowly backed into a wooden telephone pole before, and the damage to my tailgate extensive. More than the damage done here. I wonder if the van was parked or stopped, and maybe an SUV with a bike rack on its tailgate reversed into it. Same goes for the driver of the van backing into a vehicle with a rack attached to its tail lift.

They were doing all the right things. They were not living above their means. Perhaps, they shared the Sienna? Mark could've dropped Dr. Sievers off, and then come back to pick her up, with the girls.

Just a guess, but I think they had another vehicle - a smaller SUV maybe a Honda CVR? IIRC, this vehicle is in google maps and assessment pics of the home. Also, you can almost see the reflection of another vehicle next to the van in NIN's pics.

I just can't wrap my head around the MSM reports that Statewide Security was allowed to enter the Sievers' home, AFTER the murder. I can see STATESIDE SECURITY going in, but not Statewide. If there had been a failure or breach by Statewide, or one of its employees, that would be critical evidence to this investigation. If true as reported, Statewide could be in there, looking for answers or excuses. I'm sure that LE has their OWN security experts, that they would not have to rely on any other "experts", especially a company tied to the case.

In photos posted earlier, the damage on the back of the Sievers's van looked almost like reflections. But in the recent posts by NIN, it's very clear there's real damage. Most people are assuming it was accidental, because the damage is almost entirely above the bumper. But what if the van was rear-ended, possibly intentionally, between the airport and Jarvis? Criminals have been known to rear-end vehicles in order to carjack, rob, or rape the driver. In this case, given the damage, it would require a specialized vehicle--a jacked-up truck, a truck with a rod holder or brush guard, etc.--but those aren't rare in the area. So maybe she was targeted either at the airport or en route. If so, the targeting could be either really random, or set-up in advance, whether murder for hire or murder to silence a witness, etc. (one notes that the owner of the brothel in Sievers's neighborhood was not among the human traffickers arrested back in March, and that she was deported for a similar offense three years ago, but somehow, despite our wide-open borders, returned to traffic anew in Bonita Springs). No doubt the police know whether the damage was fresh, but if it was, it would sure explain them holding the van.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/03/09/new-details-in-swfl-human-trafficking-bust/

I just can't wrap my head around the MSM reports that Statewide Security was allowed to enter the Sievers' home, AFTER the murder. I can see STATESIDE SECURITY going in, but not Statewide. If there had been a failure or breach by Statewide, or one of its employees, that would be critical evidence to this investigation. If true as reported, Statewide could be in there, looking for answers or excuses. I'm sure that LE has their OWN security experts, that they would not have to rely on any other "experts", especially a company tied to the case.

From Ft Myers News Press re: Statewide Security inside the house a little over 48 hrs. after Dr. S was found. Hard to believe they were permitted to enter the crime scene so soon.

http://www.news-press.com/story/ne...search-at-slain-bonita-doctors-home/29574135/
THE NEWS-PRESS

"Our partners at WINK News reported Wednesday that members of Statewide Security worked with crime scene detectives.

An employee of that company told WINK News the company did provide security for the Sievers' home. The WINK report said security company members put on gloves and booties and appeared to go inside the home."

LE sometimes has no other choice but to rely on third party electronic/tech vendors, not saying that is the case here but maybe. In my experience, its not uncommon for local LE to consult with or require the assistance of security companies who installed the equipment. This is done either to preserve evidence and not accidentally damage data during extraction or for more complicated jobs like extracting deleted logs, video. Just an example, I know of a case where something similar happened - there was an armed robbery at a store that had security cameras installed; LE required the assistance of the security company that installed the system. LE could not extract certain footage they needed which may have been deleted.

Just a guess, but I think they had another vehicle - a smaller SUV maybe a Honda CVR? IIRC, this vehicle is in google maps and assessment pics of the home. Also, you can almost see the reflection of another vehicle next to the van in NIN's pics.

Not sure about another vehicle but neighbors have posted here so perhaps they will respond. There was a motorcycle in the garage, and someone posted earlier that it could be seen laying against the van in photos.

WINK News just reported (radio) that they spoke with a local Sievers family member who said LE is not telling them anything as far as an update. A neighbor speculated on air that while LE may have a lot of evidence that they may not have enough to tie to an individual to make an arrest. IMO LE def know knows who did it.

I am not trying to read into this, but do any experienced case-watchers know if it is telling that the family would stop receiving updates? Could it be because they have identified someone in or close to the family? Or is it more likely that they are giving no one, including family, updates because this case has already gone cold?

In any case the van may, literally, be full of evidence proving where Dr. Sievers went (her route), who she was with and when. IMO the van is probably how the unsub gained access to the home - through the garage in the van with the victim.

Creepingskills, how do you account for the pried open side door if the unsub was let in by Dr. S?

I am not trying to read into this, but do any experienced case-watchers know if it is telling that the family would stop receiving updates? Could it be because they have identified someone in or close to the family? Or is it more likely that they are giving no one, including family, updates because this case has already gone cold?

In my experience with a missing friend, the family didn't get a lot of updates. Sometimes it would be weeks. LE holds things close to the vest. There may be a update tomorrow, next week or next month. No one knows. Jmo

ETA: There's probably a lot of evidence to process. That could also take weeks/months. I don't believe it's cold yet. IMO

Creepingskills, how do you account for the pried open side door if the unsub was let in by Dr. S?

IMO, the unsub staged the break in and damaged the door so that LE would assume this was a home invasion, robbery gone wrong. The door in question has two locks, the deadbolt and the knob. The deadbolt appears to be conveniently unlocked, and the unsub didn't attempt to jimmy open that area of the door. Of course he wouldn't bother doing this, IMO, because the deadbolt and knob were locked when he exited the PED door with the knob locked (deadbolt cannot be locked from the outside w/o a key) to stage the scene.

That is a very long time in this day and age.
Surely, law enforcement, has isolated the DNA profiles by now?
IF, my loved one was found murdered, I would hire a private investigator.

<modsnip>
Yeah, yeah. Everyone grieves differently.

<modsnip>

Absolutely, just, my. Opinion.

Was the garage door up or down, when LE arrived on the scene?

Perhaps the security company owns the equipment and in order to retrieve critical information (video camera, alarm system) under LCSO supervision, it was necessary to give them access. Also, for testifying purposes, the alarm company would have to know, what was going on with the system. My thoughts

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members