FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANOTHER POSSIBILITY?

I was struck by the similarities of the Marilyn Pharis murder last month and what we speculate as being possible, in the case of Dr. S. Horrific, brutal beating death with a hammer, break-in entry of victim's home (where murder took place), and crime committed in the morning hours. Because I don't know, I'm in no way saying that the person arrested in the Pharis case, is the same as the unsub in the case of Dr. S., nor do I know whether or not, Dr. S. was sexually assaulted (I hope not). What I am wondering, and the reason for this post, is whether a person of similar circumstances/nature, could be responsible for the murder of Dr. S?

http://www.foxnews.com/.../illegal-immigrant-held-in-rape-murder-california- woman...
4 days ago ... Police say Marilyn Pharis was beaten with a hammer and sexually assaulted in the morning attack, and died later at a local hospital.

http://www.insider.foxnews.com/.../cops-illegal-immigrant-attacked-sexually-assaulted-...
6 days ago ... They say that the undocumented immigrant attacked 64-year-old Marilyn ... for 4 prior arrests - broke into her house - attacked her with a hammer ..... -immigrant- attacked-sexually-assaulted-california-woman-who-later-died.

I apologize to the mod's if this post should not have been made. Please feel free to snip or delete.

Your links don't work. I believe these are the ones you are trying to post:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/0...ape-murder-california-woman-was-on-probation/

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/05/cops-illegal-immigrant-attacked-sexually-assaulted-california-woman-who-later-died

ANOTHER POSSIBILITY?

I was struck by the similarities of the Marilyn Pharis murder last month and what we speculate as being possible, in the case of Dr. S. Horrific, brutal beating death with a hammer, break-in entry of victim's home (where murder took place), and crime committed in the morning hours. Because I don't know, I'm in no way saying that the person arrested in the Pharis case, is the same as the unsub in the case of Dr. S., nor do I know whether or not, Dr. S. was sexually assaulted (I hope not). What I am wondering, and the reason for this post, is whether a person of similar circumstances/nature, could be responsible for the murder of Dr. S?

http://www.foxnews.com/.../illegal-immigrant-held-in-rape-murder-california- woman...
4 days ago ... Police say Marilyn Pharis was beaten with a hammer and sexually assaulted in the morning attack, and died later at a local hospital.

http://www.insider.foxnews.com/.../cops-illegal-immigrant-attacked-sexually-assaulted-...
6 days ago ... They say that the undocumented immigrant attacked 64-year-old Marilyn ... for 4 prior arrests - broke into her house - attacked her with a hammer ..... -immigrant- attacked-sexually-assaulted-california-woman-who-later-died.

I apologize to the mod's if this post should not have been made. Please feel free to snip or delete.

Thank you for posting the case, which we all hope will have weight to change and adjust shortcomings on federal level, when it comes to illegal immigrants and crime in general. I think we all agree on what needs to be done.

Regarding the Sievers case, we do not have verified information at this time, that a hammer had been used as murder weapon. That information has leaked, but still, it is unverified.

We also don't know at this time, if the break-in is legitimate or staged.

Also, we assume the murder took place in the early morning hours due to a neighbor hearing a noise (shrill), which may or may not be related to the attack on Dr Sievers.

Your question is, whether a person of similar circumstances/nature, could be responsible for the murder of Dr. S? Absolutely.

We need to remember that the idea of a hammer possibly being used in this crime makes it so much more gruesome and unique. However, uniqueness depends on the parameters we set. For example, if the victim had been knifed to death, would we even consider similar cases? Bludgeoning with a hammer or another heavy tool seems so much more gruesome, because it usually aims for the head.
We would definitely consider - and we do- any burglaries or assaults that happened in the geographical vicinity of Jarvis Rd (Dr Sievers) prior and post the attack from June 29th.

Always interesting to hear about other cases though! Thank you for your post.

-Nin

When this story first broke, MSM interviewed a "neighbor" standing outside, who gave odd answers. This guy stated that HE THOUGHT THE HOUSE WAS EMPTY; quickly adding that neither he, nor his wife, ever saw anybody going in or coming out of the Sievers' home. Really? Not even on weekends? Did this guy live at the end of the block? Later, in another clip, the same guy gives, yet, another interview to another reporter, while in his car. These interviews appeared on WINK or NBC2. It was NOT the man in the link that was offered earlier here.
I realize that this "neighbor" could have had very legitimate reasons for his answers, or for wanting to be in front of the cameras. But, it made me think that any number of people could be "interviewing" reporters and/or cops--not out of concern--but to see how much is known. If real neighbors watching the news don't recognize somebody being interviewed; or see a stranger strolling about the neighborhood, asking questions...I should hope they call LE, or at the very least--the reporter who interviewed that "neighbor".

We must remain vigilant, until we hear from the sheriff that every single person, involved with this case, has been captured. (Vigilant and Patient.)

Thank you for posting the case, which we all hope will have weight to change and adjust shortcomings on federal level, when it comes to illegal immigrants and crime in general. I think we all agree on what needs to be done.

Regarding the Sievers case, we do not have verified information at this time, that a hammer had been used as murder weapon. That information has leaked, but still, it is unverified.

Also, we assume the murder took place in the early morning hours due to a neighbor hearing a noise (shrill), which may or may not be related to the attack on Dr Sievers.

Your question is, whether a person of similar circumstances/nature, could be responsible for the murder of Dr. S? Absolutely.

We need to remember that the idea of a hammer possibly being used in this crime makes it so much more gruesome and unique. However, uniqueness depends on the parameters we set. For example, if the victim had been knifed to death, would we even consider similar cases? Bludgeoning with a hammer or another heavy tool seems so much more gruesome, because it usually aims for the head.
We would definitely consider - and we do- any burglaries or assaults that happened in the geographical vicinity of Jarvis Rd (Dr Sievers) prior and post the attack from June 29th.

-Nin

You're welcome and I agree with you to a certain degree; however, as I stated in my post...any similarities between the cases, are based upon speculations that are being made here, in the Dr. S, case, which is all we can do, until facts about the case are released. When searching for "clues" and possible unsub(s), I don't believe that one can look at only cases in the vicinity of Dr. S's home.

You're welcome and I agree with you to a certain degree; however, as I stated in my post...any similarities between the cases, are based upon speculations that are being made here, in the Dr. S, case, which is all we can do, until facts about the case are released. When searching for "clues" and possible unsub(s), I don't believe that one can look at only cases in the vicinity of Dr. S's home.

I did not mean to only check out incidences around Jarvis Rd. You were posting the Pahris case, where an illegal alien originally from Durango Canatlan, Mexico, is being charged with the crime. There is a large Hispanic neighborhood surrounding Jarvis Rd. Many of those folks are hard working legal citizens (!), nice neighbors. And many of those folks are the opposite, they are here illegally. If you check out the crime hot spots in Bonita Springs and the LCSO arrests, you will get the idea who and where.
You may want to also check out several LCSO operations, where they took out many local drug dealers - the Bonita Springs Summer Shutdown was the latest one - as well as human trafficking rings. Some of the individuals they were looking for, are still on the run and live(d) in the vicinity of Jarvis.

That's why I was mentioning the "vicinity" or Dr S's home. Did not really want to open up a can of - carrots.

-Nin

-Nin

I do believe LE is looking at other cases that may be similar in nature whether it is the tool they think was used to gain entry or the murder weapon itself. Possibly even looking at cases that have remained unsolved but have similarities to the murder of Dr. Teresa. They would start with the cases close to where she was murdered then widen out to the state and then the country. That is very common nowadays for LE to see if one crime is similar to another that also may or may not be solved.

Other murderers have used bludgeoning weapons before like a hammer, tire tool or some other type of bludgeoning weapon. Some brought the weapon with them before entering the home of the victim. I suppose at the time the murderer felt using a bludgeoning weapon doesn't make any noise like gunfire nor does it take a struggle to overpower the victim to make them become incapacitated. Since no one heard a gunshot, I do believe she was murdered with some type of bludgeoning weapon which has been used before by strangers who invaded the home of the victim/s or was used by someone the victim knew even if only casually.

We are seeing some very brutal cases of home invasions. Some of them resulting in rapes, life threatening injuries including severe brain damage, and even murder. No longer does an overkill belong strictly to those who knew the victim well. It seems that some in the criminal world now are very twisted and extremely cruel to their victims even if they don't know them. I think it is all about power and control and knowing the victim/s are helpless. They know they can do anything they want to because they want to do it and no one is there to stop them

For an example among many cases: At the first of last year there were 3-4 men who broke into a home with one female and three males inside. They demanded money and when they didn't have any instead of leaving they raped the woman repeatedly. They tied the three males up and tortured them for days on end by drilling into their knee caps and ankles with a power drill. So a home invasion with robbery as a motive became a sick twisted perverse game to torture the occupants of the home. None of the victims knew their attackers.

That is why I have kept almost all options open when it comes to who may be involved in her murder. The only two things I have ruled out is her husband having any involvement and I don't believe this was done by a hit man. Hit men don't scream and bring attention to themselves while doing a hit, imo. They would have simply came in and executed her by using a gun with a silencer and walked right back out as quickly as they came in.

So I still believe she could have been a victim of happenstance and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have even been a neighbor or anyone that had heard the family was away for the week on vacation. Even a landscaper may have overheard it.

Since the Sheriff was so talkative at first but has now gone silent I don't think he has the evidence he needs to show him who did this. She may not have been the actual target specifically but her home could have been targeted simply because it was the largest and they possibly thought it would hold more valuables. If he murdered her when she screamed etc. he would leave the premises immediately and wouldn't take the time to take any of the things he had planned to take especially if he thought the neighbors heard her shrill and overheard his voice.

It honestly could be just about anyone. A couple of years back two teens had targeted a particular home because of its location. They went in and attacked the mom with bludgeoning weapons and a machete murdering her and then attacked her young daughter with the machete and seriously wounded her. Their motive? They just wanted to know how it felt to murder someone. They didn't even know the family whatsoever.

We are living in scary times now where violent crimes/homicides are on the rise all across the nation per the FBI/DOJ and we are seeing gruesome murders carried out by all kinds of suspects now from those who didn't know the victim/s at all to those who knew them well or knew them as an acquaintance/neighbor etc.

But in the last few years it seems home invasions are turning deadly for a lot of the victims. It no longer seems enough just to rob the homeowners but to kill them in brutal ways.

I was just listening to WINK news and they said that the Lee County Sheriff says they have no person of interest, no arrests has been made and and they will not be providing further updates. The report reiterated that this was not a random case and the community is not in danger. They did ask for anyone with information about the crime to contact Crime Stoppers.

I was just listening to WINK news and they said that the Lee County Sheriff says they have no person of interest, no arrests has been made and and they will not be providing further updates. The report reiterated that this was not a random case and the community is not in danger. They did ask for anyone with information about the crime to contact Crime Stoppers.

How do they know it wasn't random if they dont even have a POI?

Very good question. Many of us agree they know who did it. For some reason (strategic) they have not made public who the POI is (or multiple POI's). In the mean time, LE is probably recreating the scene of the crime, putting all of the evidence together (most Sheriff has EVER seen in his career) and building their case. Previous posts suggested that first degree muder charges must go to a grand jury, in which case it will take a while for them to review all of that evidence. We have to be patient.

. . . We are living in scary times now where violent crimes/homicides are on the rise all across the nation per the FBI/DOJ and we are seeing gruesome murders carried out by all kinds of suspects now from those who didn't know the victim/s at all to those who knew them well or knew them as an acquaintance/neighbor etc.

But in the last few years it seems home invasions are turning deadly for a lot of the victims. It no longer seems enough just to rob the homeowners but to kill them in brutal ways.

Agree. In addition to other factors and the general coursening of the culture, the widespread use of psych drugs has boosted the violence.

I suppose if LE is certain that the killer was let in, as opposed to broke in or forced their way in, that would pretty much rule out "random" as she would have been unlikely to permit someone she did not know into her home late in the evening. Jmo

I suppose if LE is certain that the killer was let in, as opposed to broke in or forced their way in, that would pretty much rule out "random" as she would have been unlikely to permit someone she did not know into her home late in the evening. Jmo

Yes, but what about the side door lock being pried open? There seemed to be intense interest on the part of LE in the broken door and the fence gate which were both removed as evidence. Also the security company had been out to the crime scene apparently trying to determine why the alarm had not sounded. Finally, LE asked neighbors if they wanted to get into the Sievers house without activating the motion detector lights how they would do it. Even though few facts have been released we can surmise quite a bit from those actions which seem to contradict TS letting someone in the home, unless the break in was staged. Or unless the perp was actually breaking out of the house to get out without being seen.

Wondering if the POI splintered the door to make it look random. I think they want the POI to "think" they aren't close to an arrest when they really are and are trailing someone.

If the sheriff on one hand is asking to call in for tips, but on the other hand is announcing there won't be any more updates, then he knows that any kind of tips will not lead to changing his mind. Thus, his mind is set.

They don't have a "person of interest", because they have the "person who did it"..

-Nin

Let's just assume there are certain complications surrounding this case, one of which may be related to the abundance of evidence collected at the crime scene.
Sheriff Mike Scott did indeed emphasize several times (in 3 different interviews with NBC-2, Wink News and FOX4now) that he has never seen so much evidence in his career, but that yet the case was complicated (many intricacies) and fascinating at the same time. He was also saying there was some connectivity here, and that some connections are going to start playing out.

Set aside the choice of words, when is a case with lots of evidence equally complicated and fascinating?

What is connectivity in a case?

What kind of connections can start playing out after a crime has been committed?

I like to hear your thoughts. Let's keep it general, so we can talk about different theories.

-Nin

If the sheriff on one hand is asking to call in for tips, but on the other hand is announcing there won't be any more updates, then he knows that any kind of tips will not lead to changing his mind. Thus, his mind is set.

They don't have a "person of interest", because they have the "person who did it"..

-Nin

Indeed, the Sheriff has the person or persons who did it squarely in their sights. And as Plumeria5 said, LE may want the perp to think they are not close to an arrest.

Indeed, the Sheriff has the person or persons who did it squarely in their sights. And as Plumeria5 said, LE may want the perp to think they are not close to an arrest.

I hope you are right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members