FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very long time in this day and age.
Surely, law enforcement, has isolated the DNA profiles by now?
IF, my loved one was found murdered, I would hire a private investigator.

<modsnip>

Yeah, yeah. Everyone grieves differently.

<modsnip>

Absolutely, just, my. Opinion.

8 Weeks ;--))

I am not trying to read into this, but do any experienced case-watchers know if it is telling that the family would stop receiving updates? Could it be because they have identified someone in or close to the family? Or is it more likely that they are giving no one, including family, updates because this case has already gone cold?

They may not have ever gotten updates, so they may have never really stopped. One family member said in the very beginning, that they knew nothing. Not a thing.

8 weeks may look like a long time, and compared to other cases it is indeed a long time without identifying a poi or suspect. However, LCSO never asked for direct help from the public, only via tip-line. They kept completely quiet, and if it wasn't for the leaks, we would not know as much as we do.

So yes, they definitely have a reason, one of it possibly being a GJ convening about an indictment. We just don't know. Whatever it takes to get a solid conviction, that's what I am hoping is going on as we speak.

-Nin

Agree with others that LE would probably need the alarm company inside the house. The company we use is a two-man outfit (father and son), but they use what looks like a military-grade laptop when doing anything on our system, even though the system itself isn't particularly new or high-tech. I'd guess having the correct software for a particular system would be essential in trying to analyze its data, and that only a really big agency would likely have that capability.

Its hard to say what LE may have found in the van.
We don't know if or how many cameras she may have been seen on in the airport parking or on the way home
I am not sure I have even read that she drove herself.
Anyone?

In my experience with a missing friend, the family didn't get a lot of updates. Sometimes it would be weeks. LE holds things close to the vest. There may be a update tomorrow, next week or next month. No one knows. Jmo

ETA: There's probably a lot of evidence to process. That could also take weeks/months. I don't believe it's cold yet. IMO

I agree Sparky. As a retired LE, in some cases it is imperative that LE holds things "close to the vest" and I believe they have every reason to do so in this case. IMO,this case is not cold at all and the sheriff DID say he has lots of evidence. Just no need to share with MSM,which I totally understand. Sometimes in this country,MSM can be a huge hinderance in interfering in crimnal cases.MOO---

And a note to NIN,thanks for everything you do,you get my vote for sleuth of the month--:loveyou:

Its hard to say what LE may have found in the van.
We don't know if or how many cameras she may have been seen on in the airport parking or on the way home
I am not sure I have even read that she drove herself.
Anyone?

I don't believe its ever been reported HOW she came home

I agree Sparky. As a retired LE, in some cases it is imperative that LE holds things "close to the vest" and I believe they have every reason to do so in this case. IMO,this case is not cold at all and the sheriff DID say he has lots of evidence. Just no need to share with MSM,which I totally understand. Sometimes in this country,MSM can be a huge hinderance in interfering in crimnal cases.MOO---

And a note to NIN,thanks for everything you do,you get my vote for sleuth of the month--:loveyou:

My head tells me how important it is to keep important evidence/information quiet, but my need to know fights me all the way.
In the cases i have followed, most times information comes out, even if slowly, press conferences, MSM interviews etc.

As former LE, you would certainly have far more experience with this sort of thing than most of us.
I just don't feel confident that LE has much in this case. JMO
And my other thought is that they may have lots of evidence, but no connection. JMO

..And a note to NIN,thanks for everything you do,you get my vote for sleuth of the month--:loveyou:

Ahh, thank you for your vote, indianwin! I would also most likely get the MMSOM (Most-Modsnipped-Sleuth-Of-The-Month) award, if it wasn't for some new contestants going for the grabs quickly..ha!

-Nin

Funeral for step-brother in CT on Thursday June 25.
TS flew home from CT to FL on Sunday, June 28 ?

I like to emphasize again how important this information really is. Without going into the details (because I am not out for the MMSOM award this time..) the step-brother seemed to have passed away unexpectedly. His FB entries were up to date.

Due to the suddenness of his death, I can see the entire and extended family being present at the funeral.

The funeral was most likely the reason for Dr S 'trip to CT. According to her office website, Dr S would usually close for vacation on the fourth weekend in July. The office was closed on Fridays and it makes perfect sense to me now, that the family still stayed a few days longer in CT with family, while DR S had scheduled patients to attend.

This was not a planned trip due to the sudden death (6-21, funeral 6-25) of a family member.
It is possible, that the family had even planned to fly back together, but then changed their (flight) plans and DR S left 'early'.

What does that all mean? It means, that whoever killed Dr S did not have much time in advance to plan it! It could mean, that the death of Dr S resulted out of an argument gone bad rather then due to an elaborate plan of murdering her, or that the attack was rather opportunistic.

Or - something developed while she was in CT at the funeral/with family. Somebody either knew by former knowledge or by observation, that she would be home by herself. [No further comments]

Even a burglar scouting out the situation would have either seen lights on at some time after she returned home, or lights on early in the morning, when she got up. If she wasn't up, the alarm system would have most likely been on. If she had not activated the alarm system, the dogs would have barked hearing a noise. If the dogs were not at the house for some reason, then it is not reasonable to assume the alarm was off. The burglary angle seems inconsistent. It only collaborates with the pried open door. Think about it, a burglar would notice the security system, the cameras, the motion detectors. Why would he assume the alarm would not go off prying open the door, if he had just avoided being detected by the cameras and'or the lights?

Again, the short notice trip to CT - if indeed it was unplanned- is a huge clue.

-Nin

Does anybody out there know if any of the ingredients in Flexcin can be used to make street drugs? I know that anytime I want to buy Sudafed, I basically have to take a mugshot before they hand it over. The clerk explained that ingredients in it are used to produce meth. Just wondering if there's a chemical connection, somewhere...?

In my opinion, this was not premeditated, it escalated.

Just another thing that puzzles me.

Mark and the girls have returned to their home on Jarvis which is something I could not do if my mother had been brutally beaten with a hammer in the home but each to its own. The security lights remain on 24/7. The jimmied door that was taken into evidence by LEO was replaced appx Aug 8.

What about the clean up on the interior? Did the home have carpet? The neighbors have not reported seeing a painters truck or cleaning service vehicle at the home. If it's true that the doctor was bludgeoned with a hammer, wouldn't there be a CS of blood spatter and matter? Even if the detectives swabbed these areas, their purpose is not to clean the CS.

I haven't studied the blueprint of the home that NIN kindly posted to ascertain the dimensions of the side garage. Would a small SUV fit between the opening? Also, NIN, what about taking a screen shot of the van with the motorcycle leaning on it as seen in the early videos? My apologies for losing the video link as I thought I had it bookmarked. It would only go to show that perhaps the altercation began in the garage area, if, indeed, the motorcycle was knocked over during a struggle.

Investigators are painstakingly combing through the doctors patients' charts. Do they feel a patient targeted the doctor?

Some of us, as I do, believe the perp was already inside the home when the good doctor arrived home. I see now that some think the unsub may have been inside the van with the doctor. Others feel she allowed the unsub into the home. What makes you believe the unsub was inside the van with the victim? What makes you think the victim welcomed the unsub into the home? What makes you feel the unsub was already inside the home? TIA

* Just a reminder that tonight on Tricia's radio podcast, Elaine Redwine will be a guest, briefly, at the beginning of the hour.

Just another thing that puzzles me.

Mark and the girls have returned to their home on Jarvis which is something I could not do if my mother had been brutally beaten with a hammer in the home but each to its own. The security lights remain on 24/7. The jimmied door that was taken into evidence by LEO was replaced appx Aug 8.

What about the clean up on the interior? Did the home have carpet? The neighbors have not reported seeing a painters truck or cleaning service vehicle at the home. If it's true that the doctor was bludgeoned with a hammer, wouldn't there be a CS of blood spatter and matter? Even if the detectives swabbed these areas, their purpose is not to clean the CS.

I haven't studied the blueprint of the home that NIN kindly posted to ascertain the dimensions of the side garage. Would a small SUV fit between the opening? Also, NIN, what about taking a screen shot of the van with the motorcycle leaning on it as seen in the early videos? My apologies for losing the video link as I thought I had it bookmarked. It would only go to show that perhaps the altercation began in the garage area, if, indeed, the motorcycle was knocked over during a struggle.

Investigators are painstakingly combing through the doctors patients' charts. Do they feel a patient targeted the doctor?

Some of us, as I do, believe the perp was already inside the home when the good doctor arrived home. I see now that some think the unsub may have been inside the van with the doctor. Others feel she allowed the unsub into the home. What makes you believe the unsub was inside the van with the victim? What makes you think the victim welcomed the unsub into the home? What makes you feel the unsub was already inside the home? TIA

* Just a reminder that tonight on Tricia's radio podcast, Elaine Redwine will be a guest, briefly, at the beginning of the hour.

Good point
If the Doctor died in the manner we are hearing, the area would be horrible.
Usually companies have lettered vans and trucks to promote business
We have heard several rumors about the family"s behavior prior to the crime.
We have heard about police presence after the crime, but nothing about a cleaning crew.

I can't imagine Mr. Sievers and the children entering the house until it was completely cleaned

I'm no chemist, but the Flexcin ingredients, intended to relieve joint pain, look pretty much like what you would expect:

http://stoppingjointpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/flexcin-joint-maintenance-ingredients.jpg

The only unusual component is CM8, and that seems pretty well documented as having been isolated originally from mice after it was discovered arthritis could not be induced in mice:

http://cetyl-myristoleate.com/cm8-info/

I have no experience with either Flexcin or other supplements for joint pain such as glucosamine. I do know that my MD daughter-in-law, not usually friendly to supplements, swears by glucosamine-chondroitin supplements for her horses.

Some here have talked about Dr. Sievers being a "pain" doctor, implying narcotics. But clearly there's a huge difference between treating pain with supplements like glucosamine, which are intended to lubricate and heal joints, and giving someone opiates. From what I've seen online, Sievers seems unlikely to have been running a pill mill. There are plenty of conventional docs pushing pills, some making the news when they go to jail (this is up north, where I am now, not SWFL), others quietly failing to get credentialed at our local hospital.

If the murderer was inside the home when TS arrived home, why wait until the next morning to kill her?
And, yes, I am basing that only on the reports of a shrill and arguing as no time of death has been released.

If someone had entered the house and was waiting for her, perhaps her death happened much earlier.
It would be interesting to know if any phone calls or texts were sent or answered between her arrival and the next morning (other than the one to her husband)
Was the alarm ever set that night?
Were the dogs fed? Based on food bowls and water bowls?
Was her bag unpacked?
What was she wearing?

Good pointIf the Doctor died in the manner we are hearing, the area would be horrible.Usually companies have lettered vans and trucks to promote businessWe have heard several rumors about the family"s behavior prior to the crime.We have heard about police presence after the crime, but nothing about a cleaning crew.I can't imagine Mr. Sievers and the children entering the house until it was completely cleaned

I remember a live interview with Jaclyn Bevis on NBC2. She was standing outside the Sievers' home, reporting that a saw could be heard coming from inside the home. I, indeed, heard an electric saw in the background of her interview. She was the only reporter there, at that very moment.

They might have been taking out the drywall in the kitchen for evidence, is my guess. I would, also, guess that cleaning crews would be out there, after midnight and gone before anybody wakes up--just to avoid the gawkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama