FL FL - Elizabeth Bodor, 23, Orlando, 22 March 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fortunately, there are medical examiners out there seeking to identify recovered remains.

In the meantime, I just dumbfounded--the OCSD had her booking photo, her fingerprints, the VIN number of her car...and from what I can tell, did absolutely nothing except file a report consisting of a statement from her mother. Eighteen years later, that and a five-minute websearch was apparently considered "diligent" enough to have her declared deceased.

Thank you. I have no idea how I didn't catch the wrong spelling.

So basically they will pull her license to get a photo but only for match/identification purposes being requested by LE, ME etc. And then still not likely to make it public.
I don't think there's anything at all stating that a driver's license photo cannot be made public if the state reproduces and distributes within the scope of the statute. I know the Orange County Sheriff's website has a, frankly, suckass page devoted to unsolved homicides which contains--not information about the homicide or descriptions of the suspects, but the photos of the victims. And where did those victim photos come from? Easy--the Florida DMV.

Found a new piece of good info to add to this case: Per an arrest report for a DUI which occurred in Orlando on 10/30/87, the Florida tag number of the tan 1984 Toyota pickup which vanished along with Ms. Bodor was 737 BBS.

Other than that, a frustrating document. Ms. Bodor was driving, and her male passenger is mentioned only in passing (and not by name.) It also mentioned the scar on her her arm. She was arrested at approximately 1AM about twelve miles from her home. She refused a blood alcohol test (these days, that would have automatically gotten her license suspended for a year). Most frustratingly, when she refused the blood test, she was apparently videotaped, as the report quotes her cursing out the deputy saying "you taped me on [f]in' video here".

Presumably, this video, along with her booking photo, was later discarded.

Photographs of Elizabeth have finally been added to her NamUs profile!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Elizabeth has been added to The Charley Project

Elizabeth Ragalie Bodor – The Charley Project

bodor_elizabeth.jpg
bodor_elizabeth2.jpg

• Missing Since 02/28/1988
  • Missing From Orlando, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/01/1964 (56)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Bodor has a scar on her arm, a scar under her chin and a birthmark on her right thigh. She may use the nickname Lisa or the names Elizabeth Bodor Patrick and/or Lisa Bodor Patrick.
Details of Disappearance
Bodor was last seen in Orlando, Florida on February 28, 1988. She called her mother to say she'd be unable to pick her up from work that day, but said she'd be home some time in the morning to cook breakfast. She never arrived at her residence in the 2800 block of Hambleton Avenue and has never been heard from again. She left all her personal belongings behind, including her clothing and toothbrush.

Bodor had dropped out of sight before, but never for more than a couple of days at a time, and she would usually call her mother to let her know her whereabouts. She had no prior history of abandoning her son, who was seven years old at the time of her disappearance. When she left home she was driving her tan 1984 Toyota pickup truck; it's unclear whether the truck was ever located. It had the license plate number 737 BBS and the VIN number JT4RN5605E0067989.

At the time of her disappearance, Bodor was working at a construction site behind Sea World. She was declared legally dead in 2005. Her mother died in 2000 and her son died in 2014, but Bodor's older brother is still alive. Foul play is possible in her case.

Given that this case remains under the jurisdiction of the Orange County (Florida) Sheriff's Department, an agency which arrested Elizabeth for DUI a few months before she disappeared (that published photo is almost certainly a booking photo), let's hope that this sudden movement in the case (such as it is) is a sign that her disappearance is being looked at with fresh eyes.

Given that this case remains under the jurisdiction of the Orange County (Florida) Sheriff's Department, an agency which arrested Elizabeth for DUI a few months before she disappeared (that published photo is almost certainly a booking photo), let's hope that this sudden movement in the case (such as it is) is a sign that her disappearance is being looked at with fresh eyes.

Elizabeth has been in NamUs since 2009, only now they've decided to upload a photo of her. Hopefully now Elizabeth is finally getting the attention she deserves.

I actually ran a picture of both el Dorado Jane doe and Elisabeth through a facial recognition algorithm and it came out as high percentage chance that they are the same person. It was crazy because I then compared a picture of el Dorado Jane doe to herself and the percentage rating of closeness between EDJD and EDJD was lower than the rating of EDJD and Elisabeth.

I really don't have anything materialistic to add here except that I can't admire the work of Hank36 enough. You are singlehandedly reviving a case which could have been lost to the ether

1) did you ever contact the brother? I know it can be rude, and inappropriate but to be truthful so much time has passed that the message may not be as negative as you think. However, I would ask for permission and emphasize that your research has only been done in the best interest of his sister's final destination.

2) your findings of the biker's club are also interesting. do you suspect they were asking to find a source of income via the estate? Did the deceased owe money of some kind?

I first came across this case reading about El Dorado Jane Doe, but this is an interesting case itself. It would really help if they had DNA on Elizabeth. My first thought on reading about her case is that, given that her truck vanished with her, and Florida is a state that has canals, etc, is it possible that she might have driven into some body of water, and her and her truck have never been found? There are many cases like that.

Yeah, it is possible it was homicide given all the other info on her. But I do wonder what bodies of water would be on the route she probably would have taken home that day? I have no knowledge of that area of Florida. Obviously, no bodies of water were ever searched for her or her truck. I wonder if that is the answer to this mysterious case. It sounds like she has some relatives (if not adopted), including a possible half? brother who could give DNA. That would rule out previously found unidentified remains. But if the answer to her case is that she drove into some body of water by accident, then she has never been found. It's too bad her son died young. This is a very sad case.

It's great to see people talking about this case--I had to let go of it when I came to the conclusion that I had exhausted all avenues of research. The only other piece of info I ever obtained was the investigative report into the death of Elizabeth's mother, as Saturday is the 20th anniversary of that. She was killed crossing a divided highway near her house after dark; she was 82, and coming home from a nearby grocery store. Police interviewed witnesses, compared physical evidence with with their statements, and the driver that hit her was was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing.

Other than that, I'm no longer inclined to speculate much...I don't know the basis of the creditor's claim which the motorcycle club was seeking to make against Katelyn's estate, and really have no educated guesses, to the extent that although Katelyn's trust owned (and probably still owns) several rental properties in the Orlando area, it did not own the house used as their clubhouse--and even then, if they were renting from her, why would she owe them money?

I never contacted the brother...I did find an instagram post at one point which, if memory serves, was from the son of Elizabeth's older sister (Mrs. Channing Moser) which corroborated her Hungarian heritage; he lived somewhere up in the Northeast. While I'm disinclined to contact anybody in this family to ask them, frankly, not just about their missing family member, but why they never made a serious attempt to find her, my gut was that this younger Moser was the ideal person to contact. I'd have to dig up the post; he lived up in the Northeast. In the meantime, Channing Moser of Stamford CT died this past February at age 89; I'm guessing he would have been Elizabeth's brother-in-law, but the online obituary doesn't shed any light on his surviving family. Channing Moser Obituary - Stamford, CT

There I go, into this rabbit hole again...My goal was always to find a photo, and now there is a photo.

The whole situation is weird and definitely merits an investigation -- a serious one with Florida DLE resources. However, there seems to be little inclination for their side? no?

I am not sure but contacting the younger sister isn't the worst idea. AFterall, that's how the Griffith Doe was identified. Nevertheless, the situation was different here. Missing persons reports are often never perfect. I do remember the Amy Hearst case being unsolved because of a clerical issue

It's great to see people talking about this case--I had to let go of it when I came to the conclusion that I had exhausted all avenues of research. The only other piece of info I ever obtained was the investigative report into the death of Elizabeth's mother, as Saturday is the 20th anniversary of that. She was killed crossing a divided highway near her house after dark; she was 82, and coming home from a nearby grocery store. Police interviewed witnesses, compared physical evidence with with their statements, and the driver that hit her was was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing.

Other than that, I'm no longer inclined to speculate much...I don't know the basis of the creditor's claim which the motorcycle club was seeking to make against Katelyn's estate, and really have no educated guesses, to the extent that although Katelyn's trust owned (and probably still owns) several rental properties in the Orlando area, it did not own the house used as their clubhouse--and even then, if they were renting from her, why would she owe them money?

I never contacted the brother...I did find an instagram post at one point which, if memory serves, was from the son of Elizabeth's older sister (Mrs. Channing Moser) which corroborated her Hungarian heritage; he lived somewhere up in the Northeast. While I'm disinclined to contact anybody in this family to ask them, frankly, not just about their missing family member, but why they never made a serious attempt to find her, my gut was that this younger Moser was the ideal person to contact. I'd have to dig up the post; he lived up in the Northeast. In the meantime, Channing Moser of Stamford CT died this past February at age 89; I'm guessing he would have been Elizabeth's brother-in-law, but the online obituary doesn't shed any light on his surviving family. Channing Moser Obituary - Stamford, CT

There I go, into this rabbit hole again...My goal was always to find a photo, and now there is a photo.

I think EB is now on the rule outs for EDJD

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx