FL FL - Elizabeth Bodor, 23, Orlando, 22 March 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the NamUs profile showing that Elizabeth has been ruled out as being Eldorado Jane Done. I also saw a resemblance, but the height is way off.

upload_2021-10-26_9-54-23.png

There's a discussion on another thread in the unidentified area

I have a strong feeling Elizabeth is The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

And neither is mentioned on the exclusion list for the other.
There's a resemblance, but the hair colour is off I guess

3221DFFL - Elizabeth R. Bodor

ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Name: Elizabeth R. Bodor
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: March 22, 1988
Location Last Seen: Orlando, Orange County, Florida

Physical Description

Date of Birth: August 1, 1964
Race: White
Height: 5'4"-5'5"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on chin; scar on arm

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Eliazbeth Bodor was last seen March 22, 1988 in Orlando, Florida. 30RG662 Possible Foul Play Vehicle Info 1984 Toyota Tan Pick up Truck

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Orange County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Investigative Analyst Kari Rodercik
Agency Phone Number: 407-254-7012
Agency E-Mail: Carolyne.Roderick@ocfl.net
Agency Case Number: 88058500

NamUs Case Number: 3128
NCIC Case Number: Unknown

Information Source(s)

NamUs

Looking into this case a little bit and thought I'd try something (searching through property appraiser maps) to see if I could find where the construction site may have been near seaworld.
The closest I could find were these:
At 6700 Forum Drive 3 buildings were built in 1988 plus a parking lot and pavilion.
At 6601 Central Florida Pkwy Building #2 built in 1988

Probably not super helpful but maybe worth adding here, atleast for the idea.

Looking into this case a little bit and thought I'd try something (searching through property appraiser maps) to see if I could find where the construction site may have been near seaworld.
The closest I could find were these:
At 6700 Forum Drive 3 buildings were built in 1988 plus a parking lot and pavilion.
At 6601 Central Florida Pkwy Building #2 built in 1988

Probably not super helpful but maybe worth adding here, atleast for the idea.
My theory on this (and it's really only a theory):

Sea World was (and is) on the opposite side of Orange County from the home where Elizabeth lived with her mother, something like a 20-mile drive. My gut tells me that Elizabeth simply lied to her mother and told her that she was working at a relatively remote construction site to discourage her mother from trying to contact her at her "job", by explaining that she was working at a remote construction site, at a not-quite-fixed address, for an employer that wasn't listed in the phone book.

This, of course, does not explain the phone call from the alleged employer, although Mrs. Patrick seems an unreliable source herself. While I don't believe I was ever able to pinpoint a stated occupation for Elizabeth on, say, her arrest reports (I'd need to dig them out of my files to double-check this) and while it's not impossible to believe she was making money as a day laborer in a city intent on developing every last square inch of available swampland, the "construction-job-down-by-Sea World" thing just sounds too much like a convenient lie she told her mother to explain her time away from the house and her son.

Back in the late 80's, the Orlando/Sea World area was somewhat more isolated than it is now. I worked in the Lake Buena Vista area in 1998, and there was still plenty of undeveloped land on both sides of I-4 between the Central Florida Parkway and South Apopka-Vineland road. If memory serves, the Renaissance Sea World (then known as the Stouffer Orlando Resort) was opened by 1988, as was the Sonesta Villa Resort (now part of the Westgate Lakes timeshare.) I'm not sure exactly when the Monterey Lake Apartments opened, other than when I was apartment hunting in Orlando in 1991, they were open, and really about the only apartment complex in that whole area--most of the other new complexes were built in the Kirkman/Conroy area. Again, south Orange County was steadily developing, but was still about 15 years from becoming the wall-to-wall-overdeveloped tourist destination it is today.

But again: THIS IS JUST A THEORY, BASED ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It certainly doesn't help that the Orange County Sheriff's Office never really engaged in any further investigation of this case.

Just to fill in a bit of detail on family background (which explains the aka's which are all just various correct names to which she was entitled).
Katalin E Fesus was married to Paul Bodor who died in 1967 and may be buried at Arlington (this is an unsourced claim in an Ancestry tree). The marriage is confirmed from an entry in the US Social Security Applications and Claims Index. Katalin then went on to marry Kenneth Patrick in 1969 in Stamford, Connecticut (and he died in 1973 as previously noted). The marriage is confirmed by marriage records on Ancestry. Katalin and Paul Bodor seem to have come to the USA in 1958 from entries on Passenger Lists of Displaced Persons on Ancestry. This presumably followed the Hungarian Uprising of 1956, so the marriage of the Bodors would have taken place in Hungary at some earlier date. All of this suggests Elisabeth may simply be a late addition to the Bodor clan (but does not rule out either adoption or another father). The travel records for the Bodors on their journey from Hungary includes a Jewish Displaced Persons and Refugees card from 1958 (as already noted) showing Dr Paul Bodor travelling with his wife and 3 children.
So it seems that Elizabeth lost her father at age 3 and her stepfather when she was 9 and was born into a family with a probably strong Hungarian culture but also exposed to the archetypal US culture in Florida. It seems not surprising that she may have been somewhat conflicted or confused in her identity - but who knows if that is of any relevance to the case.

I did manage to dig up a few more facts courtesy of a 1983 Daytona Beach arrest report: Her middle name is not Rebecca, it is indeed Ragalie. She was born in Arlington, Virginia on 8/1/64, but her name is listed as being spelled "Elisabeth [with an 's'] Ragalie Bodor". Unfortunately, a very nice woman with the Daytona Beach jail told me that they don't have booking photos which go back that far.

I'm also finding out a little more about her family in the interim, but am not sure what to make of it. Still have no idea who Daniel Matthews was, other than he was born Daniel Alan Matthews on 6/23/80, putting together quite a criminal record according to the Orange County dockets. He did a few months in jail in 2009 after breaking his probation; at that time, he claimed to be indigent and gave the court a California address. According to SSI, he died 1/19/14, location and cause of death unknown. His exact relation to Katalin B. Patrick is unknown. A theory reasonable enough to explore: Could he have been born to Elizabeth Bodor in 1980, two months before she turned 16? If I knew where he died, the info might be on his death certificate. More to the point--many female Does are listed as having previously given birth.

In the meantime, I'm still hearing nothing from Orange County. I've asked for the affidavit filed by her family in 2005 when they sought to have her declared deceased.
I bet Daniel is Elisabeth son

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat