FL - Federal Prosecutor Arrested In Child Sex Sting

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RIP Atchison and my prayers to the family and friends he left behind. A heartbreaking case all the way around.

I am not sure Atchison will be resting in peace......and that sort of makes me sad. Personally, I would have tortured and brought a kind of misery to him that is beyond the comprehension of most people on this planet......Perhaps not the regulars on this board. At the same time, I sort of feel sorry for him. Before anyone flames away....and I don't blame you if you do; I just want to clarify. I am sorry that he CHOSE a life that led him into pedophilia. WTF? I DON'T F'ING GET IT! Pedophilia is the living embodiment of the Biblical apothocary about "the wages of sin". He was a reasonably good looking man. He was financially well off, and he was in a position of power. He could have had many women......so WHY? WHY, WHY, WHY??? I suppose I truly have adopted the philosophy of Jesus Christ himself, in that God doesn't create junk, and that every human soul has merit. When the line is crossed, however, I fully support the "wrath of God"!!!! Perhaps, I am not making sense. I feel like I am sounding like someone on both sides of the fence. I am not. I HATE evil, and I HATE pedophiles. If I had been this cop who thought this guy was coming to RAPE my 5 year old,.......I would not have told.....and he would never have been seen again. That is why I have not gone into LE. At the same time, I look at his picture, and I see such deep, profound sadness.....and remorse. Go ahead, tell me I am seeing things. I wish you would. I am not comfortable with feeling any sort of sympathy for people who I would be capable of killing. Life is so dang complex, isn't it?? That in itself, is the very reason we MUST protect and advocate for the innocence of our children. Let them enjoy the beauty and the majesty that God has created in this world before they become old enough to see the ugliness. When they do become old enough, let them have complete and unabandoned detest for evil. Also, God, please let them have compassion and sympathy for those who have suffered....even if that suffering is something we do not undertand.

Maybe, this guy wanted to get caught. He knew that he was taking a big risk to set up such a thing on the Internet. What would make a married man with children and a good reputation seek out little girls. He had to be sick, sick, sick. What happens to people in their early lives to become so twisted?? Is the obsession so great that they don't care that they are ruining lives of innocent children??

He probably wouldn't have gotten a very long sentence, IMO. I guess that he felt that he had no choice but to kill himself because his life as he knew it was over.

The entire situation is sad and sick. His family and the world are better off without him in it.

I am not sure Atchison will be resting in peace......and that sort of makes me sad. Personally, I would have tortured and brought a kind of misery to him that is beyond the comprehension of most people on this planet......Perhaps not the regulars on this board. At the same time, I sort of feel sorry for him. Before anyone flames away....and I don't blame you if you do; I just want to clarify. I am sorry that he CHOSE a life that led him into pedophilia. WTF? I DON'T F'ING GET IT! Pedophilia is the living embodiment of the Biblical apothocary about "the wages of sin". He was a reasonably good looking man. He was financially well off, and he was in a position of power. He could have had many women......so WHY? WHY, WHY, WHY??? I suppose I truly have adopted the philosophy of Jesus Christ himself, in that God doesn't create junk, and that every human soul has merit. When the line is crossed, however, I fully support the "wrath of God"!!!! Perhaps, I am not making sense. I feel like I am sounding like someone on both sides of the fence. I am not. I HATE evil, and I HATE pedophiles. If I had been this cop who thought this guy was coming to RAPE my 5 year old,.......I would not have told.....and he would never have been seen again. That is why I have not gone into LE. At the same time, I look at his picture, and I see such deep, profound sadness.....and remorse. Go ahead, tell me I am seeing things. I wish you would. I am not comfortable with feeling any sort of sympathy for people who I would be capable of killing. Life is so dang complex, isn't it?? That in itself, is the very reason we MUST protect and advocate for the innocence of our children. Let them enjoy the beauty and the majesty that God has created in this world before they become old enough to see the ugliness. When they do become old enough, let them have complete and unabandoned detest for evil. Also, God, please let them have compassion and sympathy for those who have suffered....even if that suffering is something we do not undertand.

Maybe that look of "deep profound sadness" was only because he was caught? I bet there wouldn't have been a look of remorse or sadness on his face IF he had of been raping a 5 yr old "orally, vaginally, anally" with that vaseline he brought along with him.
I hate to sound rude, but I have NO sympathy for any of these sick pedos, only the kids who are hurt and ruined by them. Disgusting.

I hear your struggles. For me, there is no two sides of the fence to straddle. I can feel empathy and sadness for Atchison and empathy and sadness for the children he may have harmed. Empathy - like love - is not lessened if you feel it for more than one person.

Nothing human is foreign to me. All of humanity is connected; when it comes to love and compassion, there's no need to chose sides. Of course, we need to do what it takes to keep people who would harm other people in a place where they cannot easily harm other people.

I believe Atchison suffered for his secrecy and his proclivities and his choices and yes I hope he has found some peace from that torment.

That doesn't mean I feel any less love and compassion for those he harmed by the decisions he made.

Maybe that look of "deep profound sadness" was only because he was caught? I bet there wouldn't have been a look of remorse or sadness on his face IF he had of been raping a 5 yr old "orally, vaginally, anally" with that vaseline he brought along with him.
I hate to sound rude, but I have NO sympathy for any of these sick pedos, only the kids who are hurt and ruined by them. Disgusting.

I agree I have no sympathy either but the sad thing is usually these people were abused thereselves as children and I would have felt the sympathy and sadness for them then.

I wish they'd put him in Wayne County (Detroit) jail!!!!! He would have a real reason to commit suicide being in that lockup!! He'd have a new azzhole ripped for sure!!!

I do feel bad for his wife and children. The disgust, disgrace and shame they must feel knowing this perv lived in their home.

I do hope his family won't sue because he wasn't supervised closely enough....that WAS why he was moved to a different (or different part of) jail correct?

The way I read it he was at first in the County Jail and that's where he first tried to hang himself and they caught him in time. Then he was transferred to a Federal Prison and that is where he finally succeded in hanging himself. I highly doubt they'll sue, they probably will want it all to just go away. They'll probably move away.

Since he died before he was convicted his record will be clean won't it?

Maybe, this guy wanted to get caught. He knew that he was taking a big risk to set up such a thing on the Internet. What would make a married man with children and a good reputation seek out little girls. He had to be sick, sick, sick. What happens to people in their early lives to become so twisted?? Is the obsession so great that they don't care that they are ruining lives of innocent children??

He probably wouldn't have gotten a very long sentence, IMO. I guess that he felt that he had no choice but to kill himself because his life as he knew it was over.

The entire situation is sad and sick. His family and the world are better off without him in it.

I think this man looks sad because he got caught and now everyone that respected him including his wife and children knew what he really was. I think he is sorry for himself not for any victims that he has harmed in the past or anyone that he has hurt. He probably couldn't face the idea of going to prison knowing what that is like. He would have lived in isolation because the prison is probably full of people that he had sent there.

People like this man have no control of their impulses. That is why they can't stop doing the horrible things that they do. By his MySpace we could see that he was really into adults or older girls wearing diapers, etc, but that wasn't the only thing he was into and I really doubt that the 5 yr old was the first child he had sex with or planned to have sex with. He just got caught this time.

This guy had it all. Wife, kids, probably a beautiful home, good name, respect of the community, etc but it wasn't enough. His MySpace is really sickening and it shows just how sick of a man he was. It makes me angry that he took the easy way out. He should have had to go to prison and face the music. I hope he at least left his wife and children well provided for. That was the least he could have done for them. I for one don't believe that he is up in heaven singing with the angels!!!

I agree I have no sympathy either but the sad thing is usually these people were abused thereselves as children and I would have felt the sympathy and sadness for them then.

I was a sexually abused 4 year old, by a maternal cousin...so I don't buy the "I was abused, so therefore I abuse" crap....being abused myself it makes me think if you were abused and you know how it feels then WHY would you subject anyone else to it????
do you know what it feels like for a 4 yr old to go through this and to have to live with this crap 24 years later, a least in my own case?
I am not putting this post towards you IMTHEMOM, just anyone in general...I don't think anyone who has suffered sexual abuse is able to look towards these sickos with ANY sympathy...if there are I wish they would teach me how.

I think this man looks sad because he got caught and now everyone that respected him including his wife and children knew what he really was. I think he is sorry for himself not for any victims that he has harmed in the past or anyone that he has hurt. He probably couldn't face the idea of going to prison knowing what that is like. He would have lived in isolation because the prison is probably full of people that he had sent there.

People like this man have no control of their impulses. That is why they can't stop doing the horrible things that they do. By his MySpace we could see that he was really into adults or older girls wearing diapers, etc, but that wasn't the only thing he was into and I really doubt that the 5 yr old was the first child he had sex with or planned to have sex with. He just got caught this time.

This guy had it all. Wife, kids, probably a beautiful home, good name, respect of the community, etc but it wasn't enough. His MySpace is really sickening and it shows just how sick of a man he was. It makes me angry that he took the easy way out. He should have had to go to prison and face the music. I hope he at least left his wife and children well provided for. That was the least he could have done for them. I for one don't believe that he is up in heaven singing with the angels!!!

:clap: thank you SO SO SO very much for saying this....i am crying now, I can say nothing but thank you.....thank you for understanding for me and all the other victims out there.

I wish they'd put him in Wayne County (Detroit) jail!!!!! He would have a real reason to commit suicide being in that lockup!! He'd have a new azzhole ripped for sure!!!

I do feel bad for his wife and children. The disgust, disgrace and shame they must feel knowing this perv lived in their home.

thank you, you summed up what I feel...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back