GUILTY FL - Felicia Brown, 25, & her two kids slain, Palm Beach County, 2010 & 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 2, 2011 10:09 p.m. EST

The remains of two African-American children -- a girl between 6 and 10 years old and a boy believed to be 10 to 12 -- were found about six hours and a half-mile apart in the canal that separates Delray Beach from Boca Raton. The girl's body was found first, after a passerby alerted police to a duffel bag floating about midway across the canal; the boy's body turned up in a suitcase closer in as investigators combed the banks for evidence, Guerriero said.
Full article: click here

OMG... this has got to stop! How awful... :(

Just up the road from me (and not that far at all). I missed this, probably because I've been caught up with ICA and JB's nonsense and then BD's radio interview tonight, all the while juggling real life as well.

What is there to say? It seems more and more the crimes come out of here. For every 3 that we see - 2 of them happen in SoFla.

Ok - off to see what I can find on this locally.

We have already started this case on unidentified. Maybe Mod can link this with with that one.

Here's what I've found so far:

Police: Second child's body found in canal between Delray, Boca was young boy

By Cynthia Roldan, Julius Whigham II and Michael LaForgia

Palm Beach Post Staff Writers

Updated: 11:31 p.m. Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Posted: 2:52 p.m. Wednesday, March 2, 2011

They found the boy about 3:30 p.m. in a soft, black suitcase, a half-mile west of where the girl was discovered. He appeared to be between 10 and 12 years old. He wore dark blue or black pants but no shirt.

Neither child showed obvious injury. Neither carried any immediate clues to his or her identity. Detectives were investigating the deaths as homicides, and they believe, for obvious reasons, that the killings were related, Guerriero said.

"We're devastated. Someone is missing these children," Guerriero said. "Someone knows these children, and we need to know who these kids are."

No children fitting their description had been reported missing in the area. Detectives had no immediate way of telling how long they had been in the canal. The bodies "had been affected" by the water but were intact, Guerriero said

**more at link**

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ilds-body-found-in-canal-between-1292716.html

Watch the video - it was updated with their 11 o'clock newscast. This is just south of where Nubia and V. were found (off I-95).

This could go in so many directions with not knowing who the kids are. We are in the height of tourist season here - many, many out of towners, including the homeless who migrate here from the cold. Lots of migrants working the fields (and Delray isn't that far away from "the fields" either).

I hope they find out who these kids are. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

tHIS IS INTERESTING

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ing-in-intracoastal-in-lake-park-1292481.html

Woman found floating in intracoastal in Lake Park may have died accidentally, authorities say

LAKE PARK — Authorities said the death of a woman who was found floating in Lake Park sometime Tuesday night may have been accidental.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies responded to 903 Lakeshore Drive just after 11 p.m., to reports of a body floating in the Intracoastal Waterway, according to sheriff's office spokeswoman Teri Barbera.
The body was pulled out by the sheriff's office Marine Unit and turned over to the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner's Office.
Investigators have identified the woman, but her name has not been released pending the notification of next of kin.
The official cause of death has not been released.

So very sad. Is it common to find bodies in the canals in that area? If not, I am would be curious if the woman's body found is connected.

tHIS IS INTERESTING

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ing-in-intracoastal-in-lake-park-1292481.html

Woman found floating in intracoastal in Lake Park may have died accidentally, authorities say

LAKE PARK — Authorities said the death of a woman who was found floating in Lake Park sometime Tuesday night may have been accidental.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies responded to 903 Lakeshore Drive just after 11 p.m., to reports of a body floating in the Intracoastal Waterway, according to sheriff's office spokeswoman Teri Barbera.
The body was pulled out by the sheriff's office Marine Unit and turned over to the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner's Office.
Investigators have identified the woman, but her name has not been released pending the notification of next of kin.
The official cause of death has not been released.

This is interesting and I do wonder about a possible connection, however the article indicates Investigators have identified the woman even though her name has not yet been released. If she has children, certainly her family members would immediately ask about her kids and their well being.

time will tell...... and prayers for this womans family about to receive some devistating news.

When the news broke last night after realizing LE was unable to find any reported missing children who might match these two precious children, I wondered about a parent distressed over financial issues - but thought, a murder/suicide type scenario due to financial stress doesn't seem to fit due to the manner in which these children were disposed.

Now I am wondering if perhaps this might be a custody issue where both parents have equal custody, or a married couple in the process of a seperation and divorce where a judge has not ruled on custody either way and perhaps a parent is or had difficulty reporting them missing due to custody issued.

Whatever the case, I pray these children are id'd quickly. I can't bare the thought of any more children UID's who go unidentified for years or decades....

Is it just me, or does FL seem like a haven for child killers? Why why why?

I wonder if this is a custody type of issue? The kids haven't been reported missing yet because the custodial parent doesn't realize their missing since they are with the other parent right now.

I wonder if their clothing is a school uniform? Didn't both kids have dark pants on?

Disgusting. Discarding poor little kids like trash in a canal.

Or maybe this is an abuse situation such as that with Atcel, formerly known as DuPage Johnny doe. His step father dumped him in a laundry bag in 2005 and his name was just released publically in February even though the childs mother AND a grandmother knew....

This could be a situation where the childs mother is being abused, knows the children are gone and is unable to break away from the abusive situation to report them missing.

Is it just me, or does FL seem like a haven for child killers? Why why why?

I wonder if this is a custody type of issue? The kids haven't been reported missing yet because the custodial parent doesn't realize their missing since they are with the other parent right now.

I wonder if their clothing is a school uniform? Didn't both kids have dark pants on?

Disgusting. Discarding poor little kids like trash in a canal.

BBM. I have only seen info on the female childs clothing and have not seen any identifying info released on the male child yet, other than he too is african american and the possible age range of 10-12.

IIRC the female police Sgt. on NG last night stated that the boy was only wearing dark shorts. I'll see if I can find a transcript but my computer is running S.L.O.W. today. I'll do my best though.

This is so sad. I hope these children are identified soon. Poor little kids...they didn't stand a chance.

wm

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/02/ng.02.html

At about 3:00 to 3:30 this afternoon, we located a second child. We located that child approximately a half a mile west of the area where the first child was located. The second child is a black male. We`re thinking the child is probably anywhere from 10 to 12 years of age. He was wearing dark blue shorts at the time he was found. He was also located in the water inside of a suitcase.

Perhaps I am making an incorrect assumption but it sounds like he was only wearing shorts since no other clothing was mentioned by the public information officer. MOO

wm

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/police-second-childs-body-found-in-canal-between-1292716.html

New article posted this morning in the Palm Beach Post. Nothing really new except there are pictures of the canal and the bridge where they were found and a drawing of the locations. This is all too close for me. I go through that neighborhood occasionally and have friends that lived in that neighborhood. I don't think the kids were from the surrounding neighborhoods but more likely were tossed from the road somewhere. The sad thing is there are lots of roads that have access to this water. And by being in the bag/suitcase the investigators might not be able to narrow down how long they were in the water. I am hoping that they can because then maybe they can narrow down how far away from where they were found they might have been put into the water.

Just a sad situation and I hope they catch the loser who did this.

This link is to CBS 12 out of West Palm Beach, FL.
This is usually the first to report from Delray Beach.
I know when I got up at 5:30am they were already back at the scene reporting.

http://www.cbs12.com/

It was shocking to hear of the body of the little girl found, and even more shocking to hear that they found a little boy too. What is the world coming to? These poor children! I hope they find who is responsible very soon!

A little more info. Snippets from the following article.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...w-search-for-clues-to-identities-1294889.html

He appeared to be between 10 and 12 years old. He wore dark blue or black pants but no shirt.

Neither child showed obvious injury. Neither carried any immediate clues to his or her identity.

No children fitting their description had been reported missing in the area. Detectives had no immediate way of telling how long they had been in the canal. The bodies "had been affected" by the water but were intact, Guerriero said.

My in-laws used to live very close to that canal, in one of the retirement developments off Linton near the Florida Turnpike. The canal runs clear back to the farming country west of Delray. It's a big one, and deep. They could have floated for miles. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back