GUILTY FL - Felicia Brown, 25, & her two kids slain, Palm Beach County, 2010 & 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And that Brown was never reported missing wouldn't have helped with NamUs anyway. :banghead:

Did anyone find any MSM articles put out to the public with the sketch and tat's from back in August or September 2010?
I'm just trying to figure out if a MSM push to identify her might have helped saved the kids. Someone, imo, would have recognized those tats - and I honestly don't recall seeing any MSM articles, though that does not mean they don't exist.

Neighbors and people were asking about her. Maybe if they saw the request to the public to help identify, it would have been known these babies mommy was deceased and someone would have thought to find them before they were murdered. :(

A quick google search for news for 2010, I could not find anything regarding the remains found in August of 2010. I'm not the best searcher, anyone?

tia

I know it says bald, but was her hair just cut really low? Was the body actually bald...shaved head? Wondering if that was before or after death.

It really doesn't sound to me like they try very hard to ID her.

Even if she wasn't close to her family what about friends? I just can not wrap around my head why the mother of two children was not reported missing :(

I know it says bald, but was her hair just cut really low? Was the body actually bald...shaved head? Wondering if that was before or after death.

Actually hair color says unknown or bald. Many of these unknown or not known area's are NamUs defaults if the person entering the information does not enter a field. It could be, but is just my guess, her hair was burnt off due to being charred.

hth

Even if she wasn't close to her family what about friends? I just can not wrap around my head why the mother of two children was not reported missing :(

Since we know she was in an abuse relationship it is possible she did not have or was not allowed close friends. Typical isolation by an abuser kind of thing.

Though, I do wonder, if these two children were attending school. Did it not raise any red flags no school staff saw the childrens mother? Did Beauchamp enroll them and bring them to school since August or September 2010 this school year. Or were they simply not in school and told they were going to be enrolled in another school district?

On another kind of OT note, I often see MSM articles that LE is seeking the publics help to identify and a sketch has been made, but the sketch is never released to the public.

I really hope someone else will attempt to see if they can find any MSM info from the ME or LE who found Browns remains and did they ever put out a plea to the public to assist with an id.

This is scary - single mother in an abusive relationship apparently estranged from her family is murdered and a Jane Doe. and NO ONE knows there are children in danger. The ME should have and would have known if she had bore children. That is something we see OFTEN in the description of Jane Does.

I'm not blaming the ME here.... just commenting on what we know and I know as a result of being here on WS with the majority of my time focused on the UID forum.

Actually hair color says unknown or bald. Many of these unknown or not known area's are NamUs defaults if the person entering the information does not enter a field. It could be, but is just my guess, her hair was burnt off due to being charred.

hth

Thanks, Cubby. Good information to know.

I know a lot of the time hair is kept to minimum or plain in sketches. The sketch is without hair, and her mugshot(?) they've been using looks as though she had weave, but her natural hair was flat to her scalp.

The body was pulled in August, but has there been any statement about how long it was there? Could it have even been months prior?

Like I said before, the time line is confusing for me. Trying to unmuddy it for myself.

Also, in one article I read the body was reported as hispanic, not african american. Though it does seem they didn't try very hard, I imagine they didn't have much to go on in the first place. She was light-skinned, so the confusion about race would be sensible to a degree. And if you're not looking for a missing black woman, you're not going to find one.

Dental records were there, though, correct? Is it strange nothing came about from that?

A quick google search for news for 2010, I could not find anything regarding the remains found in August of 2010. I'm not the best searcher, anyone?

tia

Here's one that I linked a few pages back. It's from December 2010 when the sketches were released but it links to the original article in August 2010:

http://www.wpbf.com/r/26209313/detail.html

Thanks, Cubby. Good information to know.

I know a lot of the time hair is kept to minimum or plain in sketches. The sketch is without hair, and her mugshot(?) they've been using looks as though she had weave, but her natural hair was flat to her scalp.

The body was pulled in August, but has there been any statement about how long it was there? Could it have even been months prior?

Like I said before, the time line is confusing for me. Trying to unmuddy it for myself.

The NamUs case file gives an estimated date of death within 1 day of being recovered.
from NamUs: Estimated postmortem interval 1 Days

Often a sketch artist may draw the deceased without hair if there was no hair found with the remains. If she wore a weave, or even a wig, it is possible her natural hair was cut very short and charred with the remains so she was found bald. Clearly she wasn't burnt so badly the tattoos were undistinguishable from the photo's we have seen in recent MSM articles.

hth and jmo

If Brown didn't have any convictions her prints probably were not on file.

I follow the UID forum pretty closely and do not recall any MSM or info on anyone trying to identify Brown. I don't recall seeing her sketch.

BRB checking something and will add to this post.

She was arrested 16 times between 1997 and 2006, state records show, on charges ranging from shoplifting to cocaine possession to armed robbery. (snip)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...arded-like-garbage-suffered-life-1301195.html

If they didn't take her prints during any one of these 16 arrests, then the PBSO was extremely neglectful, IMO. But, it doesn't seem they made a full-fledged effort to identify her, which IMO is just downright wrong. That we didn't have a UID thread for her here with all of our awesome UID peeps, including you, Cubs!! :) is beyond disturbing to me.

Living down here - I "kinda remember" hearing about it back then. Thing is, here in mega urbanville - there are multiple bodies found almost everyday. There was a woman found (skeletel remains) out near the Everglades on US 27 (near the levee) and they found out who she was but it took a long time.

Crime here is rampant. Maybe LE figured she was just a homeless, possibly prostitute that was dumped. Not that it would matter - IDK what I'm trying to say - maybe that LE is just so overwhelmed with all they have.

Her body was burned - that would fall in with not ID'ing by fingerprints. Her poor two children. From the description of clothing on the children - one of the first things I said was it sounded like the "unified - uniforms" that most of the public schools have down here. So, they probably were going to school somewhere. If the school was also told momma was in jail - then someone dropped that ball as well. Schools HAVE TO HAVE updated and correct contact info on all children. Beauchamp was NOT the father - so someone should have followed up if he told them she went to jail. Each school has a social worker. Either the teacher or principal or attendance clerk should have notified the SW to check out the "jail story". If something would have happened to those kids on school grounds - chit would have hit the fan if they wouldn't have been able to find the mother (legal guardian).

I agree with Daisy about DCF being involved here as well. I am sure they have files on these children. Mom gave one up for adoption - that involved DCF.

Guess we'll see yet another "Blue Ribbon Panel" appointed in Palm Beach to "look into" how DCF dropped the ball.

Ok - now I'm just babbling. That happens alot to me living down here in the chaos.

Here's one that I linked a few pages back. It's from December 2010 when the sketches were released but it links to the original article in August 2010:

http://www.wpbf.com/r/26209313/detail.html

I found this one too, thanks. I shouldn't try to read the thread so quickly :doh:

This one is dated December of 2010, but only shows the sketch and gives no description or photo of the tat's. :banghead: Odds are always better someone will recognize a UID from tats versus a sketch. Sketch's aren't always accurate and vary greatly.

JMO

She was arrested 16 times between 1997 and 2006, state records show, on charges ranging from shoplifting to cocaine possession to armed robbery. (snip)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...arded-like-garbage-suffered-life-1301195.html

If they didn't take her prints during any one of these 16 arrests, then the PBSO was extremely neglectful, IMO. But, it doesn't seem they made a full-fledged effort to identify her, which IMO is just downright wrong. That we didn't have a UID thread for her here with all of our awesome UID peeps, including you, Cubs!! :) is beyond disturbing to me.

They probably have Browns prints, but as was stated, the UID was charred/burnt and likely too decomposed for the medical examiner to get any prints.

We try to get all UID's that we think won't have a quick id,. Especially those where LE puts out a request to the public to help identify, but we do miss some.

I found this one too, thanks. I shouldn't try to read the thread so quickly :doh:

This one is dated December of 2010, but only shows the sketch and gives no description or photo of the tat's. :banghead: Odds are always better someone will recognize a UID from tats versus a sketch. Sketch's aren't always accurate and vary greatly.

JMO

I think the fact that she was listed as Hispanic threw folks off.

But I cannot believe she was not entered into any other databases. AND photos of those tattoos should have been plastered in various places around town. I think she would have been identified a lot earlier if that had been the case.

LE dropped the ball here. JMHO

The NamUs case file gives an estimated date of death within 1 day of being recovered.

Often a sketch artist may draw the deceased without hair if there was no hair found with the remains. If she wore a weave, or even a wig, it is possible her natural hair was cut very short and charred with the remains so she was found bald. Clearly she wasn't burnt so badly the tattoos were undistinguishable from the photo's we have seen in recent MSM articles.

hth and jmo

I don't want to be gross, but it's quite possible that the burning was focused on face and hands to conceal identity.

Living down here - I "kinda remember" hearing about it back then. Thing is, here in mega urbanville - there are multiple bodies found almost everyday. There was a woman found (skeletel remains) out near the Everglades on US 27 (near the levee) and they found out who she was but it took a long time.

Crime here is rampant. Maybe LE figured she was just a homeless, possibly prostitute that was dumped. Not that it would matter - IDK what I'm trying to say - maybe that LE is just so overwhelmed with all they have.

Respectfully snipped. Yes, I agree. However a ME can determine if a woman has bore children based on how her pelvic bones move due to childbirth. Felicia bore several children. That info was also not on her NamUs page. We'll sometimes see something along the lines of the medical examiner was able to determine she bore children at sometime in her life, or they will notate a c-section scar. Sadly, neither was listed here.

Would it have helped? We'll never know, however it IS something that a ME can determine.

I think the fact that she was listed as Hispanic threw folks off.

But I cannot believe she was not entered into any other databases. AND photos of those tattoos should have been plastered in various places around town. I think she would have been identified a lot earlier if that had been the case.

LE dropped the ball here. JMHO

Where was it listed she was Hispanic? Because her NamUs case file lists her as Black/African American.

Clearly she wasn't burnt so badly the tattoos were undistinguishable from the photo's we have seen in recent MSM articles.

hth and jmo

Thanks again, Cubby. I admit I wasn't ready that very attentively. :banghead:

One day. Huh. I guess that's what's a little bewildering to me... In the images of the tattoos posted in the articles the skin doesn't seem too diminished. Or burnt. I'm sure she'd been cleaned up some for the pics and sketching, but I mean, the tattoos are pretty clear themselves. So maybe it was her face, hands, most commonly thought of as identifiable parts that were burned and they just didn't think about the tattooed areas? I guess I'm trying to decipher for myself if Felicia's murder was planned or not. I don't think the kids' deaths were, because it sounds like Dent just got tired of them. Or Beauchamp got tired of Dent complaining. Just my perception. I guess I feel sad that Felicia seemed to have a life of being alone against the world. Not dismissing that she made her own bed in some cases, but in the end, a mother and two kids who hadn't even had the chance to see the world could be more than what they were born into are gone.

The article re: the abuse cleared a little of the timeline info up for me. Thanks for posting it, Wise_Old_Owl. The last line of it was haunting.

Where was it listed she was Hispanic? Because her NamUs case file lists her as Black/African American.

I remember reading it in a shorter article. Something along the lines of the body was reported as hispanic. Might be media misinformation, as I don't think it was cited to a source. I'll see if I can find it and edit if I do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back