GUILTY FL - Felicia Brown, 25, & her two kids slain, Palm Beach County, 2010 & 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where was it listed she was Hispanic? Because her NamUs case file lists her as Black/African American.

The articles I quoted originally said "Hispanic" and I commented on that when I posted a few pages back, but that is now removed from the articles. I found a cached version that still says "Hispanic". It also goes into more detail about the tattoos as well. (ETA: the ones I read before did not mention "black" or even "dark skin" - only "Hispanic)

Thank you belimom.

From the cached version of the article you linked in post #162.

It says hysterectomy scar. I wonder how they determine if the scar was a hysterectomy scar or a c-section scar.

Also the description of 9, yes 9 tattoos.

Tattoos: 1- Playboy bunny (upper left chest); 2- flower
(inside left wrist); 3- “Fat Cat” written above cat paw
prints ( top right foot); 4- Theater masks ( right side of
neck); 5- Heart w/ “Jermaine” written inside (right outer
calf); 6- Money fanned out (right outer forearm); 7-
Praying hands w/ “Susie” written under; 8- Rose pattern
w/ “Jermaine, Jasmine, Joyce” written (Left calf); 9-
Unknown design (lower back)
Scars: Hysterectomy scar (Lower abdomen); Surgical
scar (Inner right ankle); Surgical Scar (Inner left foot)

Oh how I wish LE and MSM would have made more of a push to get info out on these tat's and the photo's of the tat's. The theatre masks can sometimes be identified as gang tat's but not always. I wonder if they thought she was a gang banger.

Maybe this case will be a wake up call to LE and ME's to make it more of a priority to name the unidentified. Mom is murdered, dad wasn't really around, children were left in an abusive environment which they had no one to help them. It brings tears to my eyes.

ETA: The scars weren't listed on NamUs either.

Oh how I wish LE and MSM would have made more of a push to get info out on these tat's and the photo's of the tat's.

Maybe this case will be a wake up call to ME's to make it more of a priority to name the unidentified. Mom is murdered, dad wasn't really around, children were left in an abusive environment which they had no one to help them. It brings tears to my eyes.

Cubby, I wish so as well. I believe if she had been ID'd earlier, those two children would still be alive... :(

Respectfully snipped. Yes, I agree. However a ME can determine if a woman has bore children based on how her pelvic bones move due to childbirth. Felicia bore several children. That info was also not on her NamUs page. We'll sometimes see something along the lines of the medical examiner was able to determine she bore children at sometime in her life, or they will notate a c-section scar. Sadly, neither was listed here.

Would it have helped? We'll never know, however it IS something that a ME can determine.
Yes cubby ITA - I thought about that earlier as well - the ME would have been able to tell if she bore children. It does seem the ME dropped the ball - but I'm seeing EVERY AGENCY involved dropped the ball. LE, the ME's office, DCF, the school district. Such a shame that could have been prevented.

I'm wondering why the children were killed. It seems maybe Dent was just tired of taking care of them and the cost of keeping them was taking money away from them.

Disgusting..........

Thank for everyones replies and I hope everyone doesn't think we've derailed the thread discussing Felicia. Thread titles only can only be so many characters long and I am not sure we have room to include Felicia's case, but since they are all tied - this thread will also include Felicia's case or discussion on her case.

As soon as I think of an updated thread title to fit within the character limit I'll do so to include Felicia's case.

I think this thread title might fit, and will ask the mods to update the title to include Felicia's case.

FL-Delray Beach Canal, two children found in luggage 03/11, Mother found as a Jane Doe, West Palm Beach, 08/10

Yes cubby ITA - I thought about that earlier as well - the ME would have been able to tell if she bore children. It does seem the ME dropped the ball - but I'm seeing EVERY AGENCY involved dropped the ball. LE, the ME's office, DCF, the school district. Such a shame that could have been prevented.

I'm wondering why the children were killed. It seems maybe Dent was just tired of taking care of them and the cost of keeping them was taking money away from them.

Disgusting..........

In the ME's defense there are a few names listed as Rule Out's on Felicia's NamUs page. Which tells me they at least made some attempt to identify.

This just tells me, we can not rely on everyone being reported as missing. We MUST consider there may be children of both Jane and John does. This could happen to both a single mother or father.

MSM needs to pick up on this imo. The neighbors clearly inquired about Felicia and her whereabouts. Clem had an easy answer with saying she was in jail. How do we as concerned citizens ensure the neighbors of this mother and her children are informed on making police reports for the missing and knowing of the unidentified in their area? We know this as WS sleuths, but how do everyday people who know? How do we ensure this NEVER EVER happens again to the children of a Jane Doe?

I'm really curious as to the school situation with these kids. Ok - we now know mom was dead in August. These kids started a school year - and we are now well more than half way through and no one saw mom. Even if Beauchamp was allowed to attend parent/teacher conferences - he was NOT the legal guardian (as a veteran teacher - I would have not allowed him to attend alone - if mom brought him then ok). I would really like to know why these kids teacherS - one for each child - didn't inquire about why mom hasn't been seen. Its possible that Dent was answering the home phone and acting like mom but mom would have had to made at least one appearance at that school by this time of the year. And obviously the teachers involved didn't really talk to the kids or more information would have come out. The school should have had their assigned social worker check the status of mom well before Xmas break. :furious:

Our schools don't have social workers are we sure the school these kids attended did? Our schools just each have 1 school counselor. There is 1 district school psychologist (about 10 schools)that helps with special accommodations for the spec. ed kids.

Our schools don't have social workers are we sure the school these kids attended did? Our schools just each have 1 school counselor. There is 1 district school psychologist (about 10 schools)that helps with special accommodations for the spec. ed kids.
The social workers here aren't stationed at the schools. Each public school has a designated DCF social worker. There is a form that has to be filled out either by the teacher or administrator. At the schools I've worked in Broward - the social worker would "stop in" either once a week or once every two weeks - she would pick up those forms and look through them and then talk to whoever filled it out. Now, if it was an emergency - we would call the abuse hotline and then it would trickle back to the local social worker assigned to the school.

I'm just so floored that no one at the school thought anything about not ever seeing mom since the beginning of the year - I would have been all over that and well before the Xmas break!!!!

I'm just so floored that no one at the school thought anything about not ever seeing mom since the beginning of the year - I would have been all over that and well before the Xmas break!!!!

I think that it's wonderful you care about your students that much.

I'm not in the education field, and I'm kind of on another side of the country, but I can totally see it happening that way. I'm in my 20s (to gauge time) and can say that there were times my mother & teachers never met. Progress reports were sent home safety pinned to the side of my coat. I have a couple friends who are teachers and they say most of the time they've only met parents because of disciplinary problems. I had a friend who was in a long term relationship with a man who had kids, and she signed their permission slips and everything as Mrs. ______, though they were unmarried and that wasn't her name. No fact checking ever done. If these kids went to a city school, let alone an INNER city school, I can imagine it's totally possible that no face to face was ever solicited.

But it is an excellent question. Because I imagine these kids had school friends and talked and played with them, and would have no idea what they were saying about not seeing mommy in awhile. Someone in charge, another parent, could have overheard and followed up.

It was a very correct statement to say the ball has been dropped EVERYWHERE here.

In the scholl district that I'm in now - it is a requirement of teachers that each child have two parent conferences each year. Only one has to be in person - the other can be by phone (you send the conference form home afterward and the parent signs it and sends it back). Now, I don't know the requirements in Palm Beach county schools but I have known teacher after teacher after teacher that doesn't really abide by those rules.

I've known teachers to "ghost write" parent signatures on the conference forms. Its a sad state in this country of the teachers we have in classrooms. I know there are A LOT of VERY GOOD teachers but the ratio of them to the "bad" ones is low.

IF these kids were in a public district school - I would most definitely hold that school accountable for some of this tragedy.

The social workers here aren't stationed at the schools. Each public school has a designated DCF social worker. There is a form that has to be filled out either by the teacher or administrator. At the schools I've worked in Broward - the social worker would "stop in" either once a week or once every two weeks - she would pick up those forms and look through them and then talk to whoever filled it out. Now, if it was an emergency - we would call the abuse hotline and then it would trickle back to the local social worker assigned to the school.

Thanks, very different from here.

I do know of 1 family where no parent has shown up for any of their conferences. My son's teacher who was actually my second grade teacher as well told me that, they were supposed to come after me and she looked in the hallway and said Ohh joy they no showed again. I just kinda looked at her and she said Your mom was a single mom and always figured out a way to make it, i've got kids in this class where neither parent has a job and they just don't show. She said Maybe in May. We have conferences 3 times a year around here.

She didn't seem concerned more peeved.

Originally Posted by Cubby (respectfully snipped)
It says hysterectomy scar. I wonder how they determine if the scar was a hysterectomy scar or a c-section scar.

Hysterectomy scar would mean during her "post" her uterus and possibly fallopian tubes were found to be surgically removed vs c/sec scar, uterus with a scar should have been noted. She was so young to have undergone a hysterectomy...

Disgusting..........

BBM - If Dent was just tired of caring for them why not call the dad to come take them (Or Gma)? Possibly the kids were aware mommy was not in jail and that was why they hadn't been allowed to see their extended families? (The older children in the home denied knowing anything about Jermaine's or Ju'Tyra's deaths, but LE said they had been coached).

Disgusting / appalling / horrifying that anyone could do this and yet it keeps on happening...

RBBM. Can you provide more details about this? I've never heard about this before.

RBBM. Can you provide more details about this? I've never heard about this before.
Daisy, I don't know if that is just Broward's policy or not. I know in Broward schools there is a social worker that is "assigned" to each school. The SW isn't based at the school - its kinda like each school is assigned to a certain social worker. They show up once a week or once every two weeks to collect the forms that have been filled out.

It might just be a district thing here. I would call your school board main office and asked how it is handled in your district. I'm sure they have "referral" forms for the schools.

In the years before two children were killed, stuffed into bags and dumped in a Delray Beach canal, state social welfare workers investigated allegations that the kids were abused or neglected, officials said Monday.

The Florida Department of Children and Families "had prior involvement" with the family of Jermaine McNeil, 10, and Ju'Tyra Allen, 6, but hasn't been called to investigate a complaint about their treatment since 2005, said Elisa Cramer, a department spokeswoman.

At that point, the children's mother, Felicia Brown, had just begun seeing Clem Beauchamp, now a suspect in the deaths of Brown and her children, according to court documents and police reports.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/08/2103599/dcf-investigated-allegations-of.html#ixzz1G22h10gf

This article is four days old, but it does mention school:

"The two children did not show up at school Tuesday, Guerriero said. They were found Wednesday about six hours and a half-mile apart in the canal that separates Delray Beach from Boca Raton, according to police."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/04/florida.child.deaths/index.html?npt=NP1

So it sounds like they were in school up until that point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back