FL FL - Fort Lauderdale, 'Donna Doe' WhtFem 13UFFL, 12-25, hit by truck, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I went thru this thread to see if their was any mention of this UID being compared to Donna Barnhill who went missing from Lexington NC in August 1981. I didn't see her mentioned. I looked on this thread and compared it to Donna Barnhill's on pic on Doe Network and I can see a resemblance. What doesn't make me think this UID is Donna is the height difference.(but we all know that can be wrong) A member posted on Donna Barnhill's thread about this UID possibly being Donna.

The Cajun accent that "Donna Doe" was supposed to have maybe could be mistaken for a southern accent like some in NC have?
Age and time frame match up.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barnhill_donna.html

13UFFL

View attachment 95322View attachment 95323
This is the conclusion I came to, any thoughts on this the stats are very similar and line up

I mapped out the locations on the business cards, along with that of Ford Lauderdale. Canutillo, TX is quite close to El Paso and the Mexican border (Ciudad Juarez), as well as the New Mexico border. To proceed east towards her final destination, she could approach Oklahoma City via Amarillo, Albuquerque, or both. From Oklahoma City, to get to West Monroe (which is in the northern portion of the state, quite far, I'd imagine, from any Cajuns), she would probably go through Dallas and then Shreveport. If she was along the coast and hit on I-95, I'll assume she was travelling down that way, possibly going through Jacksonville via I-10, before going south on I-95. It is hugely an assumption though, that this was her route, and that she wasn't just going in circles with truckers, with no real destination in mind--certainly plenty of runaways/hitchhikers that did that.

However, if this was her route, I do not put a lot of credence in the idea that she was trying to get to Las Vegas, and, if she had a Cajun accent, it doesn't seem to me that she was coming from Louisiana. Frankly, I find the police officer's story a bit odd, although I have no idea what that might signify, except that if he's being truthful, she may not be one and the same with this other girl--possibly she could've met this girl while hitchhiking, who then passed it on to her? I also find it strange that the business cards with names on them led nowhere. It seems much more likely to me that those guys didn't want to involve themselves with the police, especially if married or anything untoward was going on.

There's probably too many hypotheticals at this point, but I wonder if we would be served by looking more around what could be the beginning of her journey, perhaps Texas or New Mexico? Las Vegas is also much closer to that, and it may be worth noting that there is a Las Vegas, NM, about five hours from Canutillo.

I came to suggest Diana as a possible match to Donna Doe. I see that she’s been mentioned several times between both threads. Neither of them appear on the other’s list of exclusions. Does anyone know if it was called in? I think it’s a very good match - appearance and circumstances. JMO
Diana Ladene Munyon

I also think Diana, spoken with a very thick accent can sound very much like Donna.

Another Diana that matches that time frame and height would be Diana Avera of Alabama.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She doesn't seem very large breasted but it seems she was gaining weight (difference between photo 1 and photo 2) ...

What do you guys think.. or does anyone know another Diana that fits the description?

Attachments

• avera_diana2.jpg
    avera_diana2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 8
OT slightly--One of my history professors used to say that Cajun starts at the Atchafalaya and ends at the Mermentau Bayou. This accent is very unique, French accented by older speakers, and some younger, with occasional patois-induced spellings, such as 'sha' for cher. Very very different from other Southern accents, and not at all like NOLA, which can sound like a softer and slower Boston accent. No one has ever successfully shown why New Orleanians sound that way, but we do. To some extent.

OT slightly--One of my history professors used to say that Cajun starts at the Atchafalaya and ends at the Mermentau Bayou. This accent is very unique, French accented by older speakers, and some younger, with occasional patois-induced spellings, such as 'sha' for cher. Very very different from other Southern accents, and not at all like NOLA, which can sound like a softer and slower Boston accent. No one has ever successfully shown why New Orleanians sound that way, but we do. To some extent.

Do you think it might be confused with a French-Canadian accent?

Donna Doe's case was modified on 4/12, but no rule outs were added. Hopefully that modification means they are still actively working on her case.

Do you think it might be confused with a French-Canadian accent?
Sorry @carbuff I didn't see this till today. No, I sincerely doubt, having heard both, that it would be confused with a French Canadian accent. But then the officer was from northern Louisiana. But why would she have had the officer's card? Was she arrested or just suggested that she quietly move away from where she was? Coming from NOLA I'd tend to consider something more ominous.

I am an administrator on the Find Aundria M Bowman facebook page. Last week, the page was contacted by a woman who initially said that she saw someone who looked like Aundria. We quickly concluded that this was a case of mistaken identity.

But the woman went on to say that her sister, Donna Leah Baxter-Baughman (DOB 11-Jun-1962) has been missing since about 1982. She was last seen in Jackson, Tennessee, when she was 19 years old.

I had never heard of a missing person by that name, so my antennae went up. The fact that her sister's name was Donna, and she was LKA in 1982, and missing from a Southern state where she probably spoke with a southern accent, raised a big red flag that her sister might be "Donna Doe".

Not all of the details tie perfectly to those of Donna Doe. Donna Baxter was very short (i.e., under 5 feet), and had slightly protruding upper front teeth. She walked with a slight limp, and had a horizontal scar across her left eyelid. She also had given birth to a son about a year prior to her disappearance. The son was raised by his aunt and grandmother.

The circumstances of her disappearance point to a possible domestic violence related case, as her husband was allegedly very abusive to her. He claims that she left voluntarily, but her sister says that she loved her son too much to have abandoned him. Her husband was also arrested years later after the body of an 80 year old man was found in the trunk of a car in which he was a passenger. Donna's husband was never convicted in that case, but he supposedly has convictions for other offenses.

I don't know if Donna is a real strong possible for Donna Doe, but I've created a NamUs casefile for her (still unpublished). NamUs Regional Admin Amy Dobbs has already taken note of the unpublished case file, and is being put in contact with Donna's sister. I am also in the process of trying to obtain a photo of her from the school she attended. She grew up in Bartlett, Tennessee, but didn't attend Bartlett HS. She was a special-education student at Shadowlawn Middle School right through to her senior year.

Is there an update on this?

Sorry @carbuff I didn't see this till today. No, I sincerely doubt, having heard both, that it would be confused with a French Canadian accent. But then the officer was from northern Louisiana. But why would she have had the officer's card? Was she arrested or just suggested that she quietly move away from where she was? Coming from NOLA I'd tend to consider something more ominous.

Yeah, I used to live in Quebec (overflowing with French Canadians) and I've been to Louisiana and heard some very heavy Cajun accents. Imo, there is very little to compare between the two: they are very distinct.

Diana Munyon has been ruled out as being Fort Lauderdale Jane Doe. (added to NamUs today, 4/21/22)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
MP14231 Diana Munyon 05/01/1982 San Bernardino CA
MP12468 Teresa Cupps 01/01/1978 Oklahoma OK
MP3127 Christine Huyer 07/03/1982 Orange FL
MP7091 Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982 Orange FL
MP1569 Eleanor Parker 11/10/1981 East Baton Rouge LA

What was done with her remains? Is there a possibility of exhumation for DNA collection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back