GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wide-eyed WA is looking out for WA. I think she planned for CA to fall as a backup plan, and I think there is evidence that she has a passive but effective pattern of manipulating others to do her bidding. The TV talk alone tells me she knew about the intention to kill DM. I think the TV business was way too Hollywood an attempt at code for most people to believe. I think using TV as code was a ham-handed attempt to say,"See, any associations between TV and murder that you find are just a reference to CA's dumb joke". No murder plot here, just a dumb dumb joke that no one thinks is funny. I think this is the product of overthinking the plot.

WA's interview with the police was her layering confusing details into the mix. If a person is attempting to sow doubt, it is a better strategy to fling minor details implying many possibilities out there (including CA and JL) so that the police are confused in their investigation. WA HAD to broadly suggest that her family could be involved, as it was too obvious an option to avoid mentioning. It would be suspicious in its absence from her list of possibilities. It also, conveniently, put them in the line of fire in front of her. She also mixes in the truth to some degree when she knows there is irrefutable evidence out there. In the Alex M case, he used the same strategy in police interviews, and he also happens to be an attorney. When there are many investigative threads to follow, it is difficult to stitch together a consistent narrative. It is like the difference between untangling 2 necklaces or untangling the entire jumbled jewelry box. Not sure if that metaphor works for anyone but me.

Also, too solid an alibi casts suspicion, ironically. Innocent people will likely have basic alibis much of the time, I am guessing. I think she was going for a "good enough" alibi that would also permit her to drive by the crime scene to confirm the crime. I don't think you can have a mother as cruel as DA without developing a sadistic streak, yourself (Much of the time. There are some exceptional humans out there). Changing the middle and last names of the children was also completely unnecessary and savage. It is really inconsistent with the persona that WA presents to the world, and I think it deserves special attention. This is the real "her."

I think the A's assumed that the investigation would work outwards from WA, rather than from the hired killer side back to her. They put so much more effort into insulating WA from the mess than concealing connections to CA from the other side. Apparently, she was perfectly fine with that.

I think this whole mess is the result of WA's puppeteering. I have a concept I call the "little spider". Imagine a small spider crawling along the floor while a bright light casts its shadow on the wall in giant form. WA is the little spider, CA is the large shadow. I think she knows how to get her family members rabidly lathered up and foamy to the point of irrationality.

If I were friends with WA, I'd be very ashamed of participating in anything that remotely offers her shelter from suspicion. Even if they think she was not involved, justice requires people being willing to speak out, even when it makes them uncomfortable. Someone knows something important.

Sorry! What a tome. I really struggle to be brief.
And begs the question how many man dated her after the murder, and how any friend stayed with her or anyone in that family. They had the motive, means, and opportunity. Who else would've hired the hitman. How can anyone be friends with them or these employers, who are apparently sticking with her. And Pepsi or Coke, I forget which, had her make a presentation. I just don't get it.

And begs the question how many man dated her after the murder, and how any friend stayed with her or anyone in that family. They had the motive, means, and opportunity. Who else would've hired the hitman. How can anyone be friends with them or these employers, who are apparently sticking with her. And Pepsi or Coke, I forget which, had her make a presentation. I just don't get it.

most guys will do almost anything to get laid. including looking the other way when they see some little red flags like a possible murder for hire.

most guys will do almost anything to get laid. including looking the other way when they see some little red flags like a possible murder for hire.
Lol. But like the guy, Dave, is very wealthy apparently (why CA & DA wanted him for WA). A man with many coins will have no shortage of women. She's not a supermodel (although i know she's attractive). They were plenty of other women out there who might not have killed their husband.

I will say that both of the women, WA and KM, must have a special skill set that they will have these men going crazy for them. JL said he'd throw himself in front of a bus for her. DM was very upset when she left, and KM was sleeping with another man and yet still got her baby daddy to go kill for her as a favor to the man she's sleeping with. Wow. Lol.

Last edited:
I will say that both of the women, WA and KM, must have a special skill set that they will have these men going crazy for them. JL said he'd throw himself in front of a bus for her. DM was very upset when she left, and KM was sleeping with another man and yet still got her baby daddy to go kill for her as a favor to the man she's sleeping with. Wow. Lol.
RSBM

The words attractive, emotionally needy and easy come to mind.

I loved this detailed body language analysis of Wendi on the stand (by 4 experts of The Behavior Panel). Would anyone else care to join me in asking them to do a part 2 and analyze her police interview? I would LOVE to hear their comments on her authenticity...or lack thereof.

I have been re-reading, re-watching for days now....and finally found what I think might be an answer to a big question (at least for me) I had. Is it possible SG had seen WA before and the answer is "YES!!!" Remember the March 11th, 2014 dinner (Yardbird restaurant) and SG was watching/stalking them (CA, KM, JL & WA). You can view starting at 15:40 of @Cutie's attached video link on body language and WA starks blinking off the chart...(uh oh, I have been discovered/recognized kind of realization.) So, SG would have been able to identify/recognize WA from that night and tell LR, "That's the lady" when they drove on Trescott.
And was wondering where GC was going with the "WhatsApp" line of questioning of WA and KM? Isn't it possible they communicated the day before the murder and that's why KM/WA already knew they (SG/LR) were on the right street, in front of the right house and that the plot was in play?

I have been re-reading, re-watching for days now....and finally found what I think might be an answer to a big question (at least for me) I had. Is it possible SG had seen WA before and the answer is "YES!!!" Remember the March 11th, 2014 dinner (Yardbird restaurant) and SG was watching/stalking them (CA, KM, JL & WA). You can view starting at 15:40 of @Cutie's attached video link on body language and WA starks blinking off the chart...(uh oh, I have been discovered/recognized kind of realization.) So, SG would have been able to identify/recognize WA from that night and tell LR, "That's the lady" when they drove on Trescott.
And was wondering where GC was going with the "WhatsApp" line of questioning of WA and KM? Isn't it possible they communicated the day before the murder and that's why KM/WA already knew they (SG/LR) were on the right street, in front of the right house and that the plot was in play?
You're right. If SG was watching he would know what WA looked like. Do you know if that information originally came from KM during an interview or testimony...I forget, thanks

I simply don't know how WA can live in Florida (Miami at that) and not have a 24/7 body guard on herself and children. And yet she seems to move on with her life business wise and socially. Address is open to view online ...nothing to hide I guess. I hope she is next to be arrested.

Does anyone else find it ironic that they went to a restaurant called "Yardbird"? LOL.... how prescient....
jb5150 I am so "uncool & non-hip" I have to constantly look up the colloquialisms everyone else seems to understand: the FBI "bump", the gf "shrimp", "prawf" blog, Molly etc. And now after consulting Urban Dictionary(again) I understand "yardbird" and totally agree!

Let’s just agree to disagree. I don’t use language like that, even in the heat of the moment, and I would bet you don’t either.
IMO, what we heard was typical "locker room speak" between CA and RF which was typical for them. I've heard pro athletes talk to each other in this manner (and it is offensive). And this wasn't the first time such words were used between them. Not a doubt.

jb5150 I am so "uncool & non-hip" I have to constantly look up the colloquialisms everyone else seems to understand: the FBI "bump", the gf "shrimp", "prawf" blog, Molly etc. And now after consulting Urban Dictionary(again) I understand "yardbird" and totally agree!
It’s a restaurant specializing in Southern food. Yardbird is old Southern/country slang for chicken or rooster, I believe. The restaurant’s logo is a rooster.

I simply don't know how WA can live in Florida (Miami at that) and not have a 24/7 body guard on herself and children. And yet she seems to move on with her life business wise and socially. Address is open to view online ...nothing to hide I guess. I hope she is next to be arrested.
She doesn’t read or watch anything about the case, remember? According to her testimony, all she knows about this murder is that Charlie may have been extorted.

Reminds me of women sentenced to prison who have not one but an entourage of male followers supporting them. Most recently, Susan Smith has men willing to provide shelter and support if the parole board votes to release her!

IMO, what we heard was typical "locker room speak" between CA and RF which was typical for them. I've heard pro athletes talk to each other in this manner (and it is offensive). And this wasn't the first time such words were used between them. Not a doubt.
I find it interesting that the parties did not request that it be redacted as with the other ones. Rash may have wanted Ryan to look bad. JMO.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, Ben & Lincoln will be subject to abuse & taunts from classmates in HS just because their last name is now Adelson.

Reminds me of women sentenced to prison who have not one but an entourage of male followers supporting them. Most recently, Susan Smith has men willing to provide shelter and support if the parole board votes to release her!
it works both ways -

One of the most infamous examples of hybristophilia is the large number of women attracted to Ted Bundy after his arrest.[8][9] He often drew scores of women at the jammed courtrooms of his trials each day.[10] Bundy allegedly received hundreds of love letters from women while he was incarcerated, and married a woman, Carole Ann Boone, whom he had met while both were working in Washington. He proposed to her in the middle of proceedings while Boone was on the witness stand. Boone gave birth to a daughter whom it was believed Bundy had fathered.[11][12]

If a friend called me that, he wouldn’t be my friend anymore. But I don’t hang out in locker rooms. I find it interesting that the parties did not request that it be redacted as with the other ones. Rash may have wanted Ryan to look bad. JMO.
Not limited to locker rooms -- very prevalent in the music (rap) industry, and also protected. Here, I agree the defense wanted nothing redacted. Same with introducing the dismissed lawsuit sans details. All hints to question the witness's character and credibility. JMO

You're right. If SG was watching he would know what WA looked like. Do you know if that information originally came from KM during an interview or testimony...I forget, thanks
I thought that it has been established conclusively that Dan had the kids on the day before the murder, and thus Wendi simply could not have been on the street in front of the house with the kids that day. This seems pretty open and shut. She could not have been.

It’s my opinion that they did see a woman with kids, and that Katie wanted them to think it was Wendi so they would think she was watching them and making sure they got the job done. Same with when they called to tell her it was done and she said “I know.” She probably figured why else would they be calling. She seems like she always wanted to be in control and boss Sig around.

Last edited:
Lol. But like the guy, Dave, is very wealthy apparently (why CA & DA wanted him for WA). A man with many coins will have no shortage of women. She's not a supermodel (although i know she's attractive). They were plenty of other women out there who might not have killed their husband.

People who are manipulative have a way of finding people who are easily manipulated. JMO. There are people who have a kind of “rescuer” personality. And, also, she met Dave in 2014, before the arrests and before anyone in her family was under suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member