GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Ben & Lincoln will be subject to abuse & taunts from classmates in HS just because their last name is now Adelson.
Seems like she doesn't care what affect her actions have on the children or how much distress she causes them. That goes for that loving grandma DA as well. I'm sure the boys were very attached to their father and his absence has been hard for them to deal with. IMO A mother or grandmother that puts her children first would never put them through the trauma she has. No matter how much WA and DA hated DM. If the boys come to realize the truth of what has been done it will surely be very painful for both of them.

I thought that it has been established conclusively that Dan had the kids on the day before the murder, and thus Wendi simply could not have been on the street in front of the house with the kids that day. This seems pretty open and shut. She could not have been.

It’s my opinion that they did see a woman with kids, and that Katie wanted them to think it was Wendi so they would think she was watching them and making sure they got the job done. Same with when they called to tell her it was done and she said “I know.” She probably figured why else would they be calling. She seems like she always wanted to be in control and boss Sig around.

Hear me out: According to Corbett’s testimony, Sig called Katie at 12:30. Wendi was near a cell tower on Trescott a short time AFTER that (although it is possible that was when the cell tower pinged, but she was there a little before). What if we have it backwards? What if, hypothetically, she was somehow notified after Sig called, and then she left the house and took her circuitous route to the liquor store? She says at the police station that she didn’t even have time to shower and was “running late“ for lunch. But she also says in the interview that she left the house at precisely 12:15; she later says she left “around 12.” We now know the cell tower records are inconsistent with this. We also know that the lunch wasn’t until 1 and it was relatively close by. You wouldnt be “running late” if you left at 12. You would, however, be running late if you left after 12:30 and crammed in a trip to a liquor store 20 minutes away. Why would, hypothetically, you want people to think that is not what happened? Just speculation and opinion.
Thank you...have been aware of who was supposed to have had children, but that never stopped WA from going there before or on the day of the murder, IMHO. This won't be the first time one of my theories has been dispelled, so no problemo. But at least I satisfied my curiosity as to whether or not SG "could" recognize WA from a previous encounter. GC (wonderful prosecutor btw) doesn't beat around the bush when she asks questions...ie economy of time, effort and facts when she presents to a jury. So am trying to figure out why so many questions to WA about "WhatsApp" and if she communicated/contacted with KM using the aforementioned "App." Had I been walking down a street the day before with children and the next day a man was shot to death in exactly the same area, I would have remembered and blurted out to someone(LE, neighbor, pal), "I was just in front of that home yesterday!"
I wonder if all talk of purchasing TV's also stopped suddenly? Anybody know?

Last edited:
Regarding allegedly seeing Wendi:

"The men’s first attempt to kill Markel ended within a few days. They followed the legal scholar around town but decided to head back to Miami when the company they had rented a car from noticed they had traveled beyond the agreement for local use only.

But they would come back to Tallahassee a month later and stay in the same hotel as before.

The day before they shot Markel, they were driving a rented Prius near his Trescott Drive home and passed Wendi Adelson walking with her two kids.

Rivera said she looked at the car as they passed. He told Garcia he was nervous about the way she was looking at them.

Rivera said: "Who is this lady, why is she looking so much?"

“Oh, that’s that lady. That’s Wendi," Garcia replied."

[my snip]
And was wondering where GC was going with the "WhatsApp" line of questioning of WA and KM? Isn't it possible they communicated the day before the murder and that's why KM/WA already knew they (SG/LR) were on the right street, in front of the right house and that the plot was in play?
They have been asking about WhatsApp EVERY trial, and no evidence has been presented (yet). There MUST be WhatsApp evidence. The existence of messages or communications between certain people, if not the actual content. Otherwise, why the heck would GC keep asking? She knows what she's doing.

They have been asking about WhatsApp EVERY trial, and no evidence has been presented (yet). There MUST be WhatsApp evidence. The existence of messages or communications between certain people, if not the actual content. Otherwise, why the heck would GC keep asking? I'm impatient on this front!
I feel like the State suspects there was communication on WhatsApp about the murder, but have no proof. JMO

I feel like the State suspects there was communication on WhatsApp about the murder, but have no proof. JMO
I wish I'd kept a link & quote but I didn't. At some point in the last fortnight while we were all watching the trial, somebody reputable said that LE had not been able to recover any whatsapps.

It was somebody credible but I can't for the life of me remember who

Yes re ' that's the lady', unfortunately it was referenced as one of the stipulations in this last trial. The agreed facts between Def & State that Wendi had dropped off the kids at daycare in the morning so Garcia couldn't have seen Wendi with them on that afternoon.

Rashbaum took delight in getting Judge Everitt to read it out towards the end of his cross with WA.

ETA: I have added the timestamp & link further down this WS page

Last edited:
They have been asking about WhatsApp EVERY trial, and no evidence has been presented (yet). There MUST be WhatsApp evidence. The existence of messages or communications between certain people, if not the actual content. Otherwise, why the heck would GC keep asking? She knows what she's doing.
Whether or not it really was WA and the children LR allegedly saw the day before the murder, or if SG just told LR the woman was WA, I think it all leads back to KM who's ONLY interest was that the hitmen not dilly-dally and get it right this time. For KM, her future depended on it! Fact or fiction, it would hardly be beneath KM to tell SG they were being watched by 'the people.' JMO

I wish I'd kept a link & quote but I didn't. At some point in the last fortnight while we were all watching the trial, somebody reputable said that LE had not been able to recover any whatsapps.

It was somebody credible but I can't for the life of me remember who
From the website, it appears LE might be able to get information on users of that service but not content or info on messages. LE might know who had an account with whatsapp

it works both ways -

One of the most infamous examples of hybristophilia is the large number of women attracted to Ted Bundy after his arrest....

I'm reminded of the totally cringe song Danny Rolling (the Gainsville Ripper) sang to True Crime author Sondra London during a court hearing after being convicted as a serial killer. It was disgusting watching London describing him as a "gentle" man who had captured her heart though she was very aware that after raping and butchering one of his victims he returned to her apartment and decapitated the corpse so he could pose the head on a shelf to "increase the shock" experienced by whomever would first discover the body.

From the website, it appears LE might be able to get information on users of that service but not content or info on messages. LE might know who had an account with whatsapp

Yes it's most unfortunate
A few of the convicts have already said that they used Whatsapp and Wendi's phone was cellebrited on 18th but it doesn't really get us anywhere.

Plus we know that KM was lucky that her provider Sprint didn't keep her 2014 texts ( She's on a wire tap in 2016- just after Sig Garcia got arrested - panic-calling Sprint to enquire about her old messages)

Anyway, all is not lost, as we've been saying over the last couple of WS pages, there are people out there who know stuff. They need to come forward.

Lacasse quote from Trial 3 on Wendi - ' she has a history of blurting out things not in her self interest.'

Tons of people on 'Team Wendi' in 2013-14. (Ditto people in Donna's circle 2013 to date.)
I'd be concerned if I was one of them because nobody can control what other people in their circles do next. Easy to get left behind and gain a reputation as somebody who assists a cover-up, as somebody who isn't ethical or honest .

Last edited:
Regarding allegedly seeing Wendi:

"The men’s first attempt to kill Markel ended within a few days. They followed the legal scholar around town but decided to head back to Miami when the company they had rented a car from noticed they had traveled beyond the agreement for local use only.

But they would come back to Tallahassee a month later and stay in the same hotel as before.

The day before they shot Markel, they were driving a rented Prius near his Trescott Drive home and passed Wendi Adelson walking with her two kids.

Rivera said she looked at the car as they passed. He told Garcia he was nervous about the way she was looking at them.

Rivera said: "Who is this lady, why is she looking so much?"

“Oh, that’s that lady. That’s Wendi," Garcia replied."

Dbm- apparently the parties have stipulated that it could NOT have been Wendi with the kids.

LE at TPD confirmed with the school's own logs
On that date, Wendi dropped the kids off at 8.30am and Dan picked them up around 5pm

Judge Everitt read out the whole list of drops & collects for that week.

ETA:
found the link . timestamp 41mins 11 secs

Last edited:
Mentour Lawyer has done a new video, if anybody is interested.

'Prosecutors' Next Move - The Key for Further Prosecutions to Happen in the Dan Markel Murder Case'

anyway, it includes his opinion on what the state should do re KM, SG and proffers.
( Personally am not convinced that KM getting SG's blessing would yield much more info from KM but he makes plenty of other worthwhile suggestions)

It's also slang for an imprisoned person....
O/T -- Up until around the '40's-50's, the traditional U.S. spelling "jail" in Britain had been "gaol," and remained spelled "gaol" in law books long after.

One of my favorite memories of visiting my cousins in the States was attending summer book camp at the library where I won an embossed book marker with the letters "RIF" for "Reading is Fundamental," sponsors of the camp. The book mark prize was for solving the crossword with another word for "jailer" where the correct answer was "goaler."

Coincidentally, it was also the first time I heard the term "jail bird," albeit a pejorative reference about another camp attendees father who was known to frequent the local jail. But not by me and my cousins who were fascinated by this rather large man who could easily climb into the cab of a big, red, semi tractor with an air horn!

IMO, what we heard was typical "locker room speak" between CA and RF which was typical for them. I've heard pro athletes talk to each other in this manner (and it is offensive). And this wasn't the first time such words were used between them. Not a doubt.

Fitzpatrick's anti-Semitic comment (and his smirk when it was read) made me cringe, but I don't think Rashbaum scored many points reading texts where his best friend at the time is saying in open court that his client is definitely a murderer.

My favorite part of Fitzpatrick's testimony was about the barbed wire. Rashbaum had made the claim that Charlie was so spooked from the "extortion" that he put up cameras and barbed wire around his house. Georgia asked Fitzpatrick "are you familiar with the barbed wire that he had around his residence?" and he responded, laughing "um no, but I kind of like that idea".

thanks for that clip
at 2:20mins you can see Rash tell him to prepare for a G verdict - or wtte - and then see CA's face crumple and almost cry ( Before the verdict has been read)

ETA:
Janssen on STS speculated yesterday that he assumes that one of the bailiffs who protected jury room got wind of a G verdict & Rash interpreted this as a G verdict? IDK. Janssen said that oftentimes a defense lawyer can read subtle behavior tones from bailiffs they know well
I still don't understand why CA was told to remain seated by the Judge, and not to stand as the jury entered the room. What was the purpose? If it was to hide the fact that he was cuffed, the jury had already reached their verdict, so it would not have had any impact. Can any explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member