GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching 20/20 now! June! Why is she comfortable talking to reporters but seemed (to me) to be less than comfortable on the stand? I will have to watch and see.

ETA

At one point, Phil says “Wendi is beautiful,” and Ruth turns away with a look on her face.

Last edited:
Watching 20/20 now! June! Why is she comfortable talking to reporters but seemed (to me) to be less than comfortable on the stand? I will have to watch and see.

ETA

At one point, Phil says “Wendi is beautiful,” and Ruth turns away with a look on her face.
June is loving this attention...probably good for some of her businesses!!

June is loving this attention...probably good for some of her businesses!!
Her 15 minutes.

ETA- watching it now. She says SO MUCH MORE than she did on the stand. No hesitation. She says after the arrests, Charlie was anxious, he was worried about what it would be like in jail, etc. All this stuff Georgia had to pull out of her with all the hemming and hawing. No nervousness, no qualifications, she’s totally onboard. What is her deal?

Last edited:
BTW, if you look at that timestamp of the interview & scroll forward a few mins, there's that reference to Jane assuming DM had assaulted her and Wendi replying wtte ' I think that's what Lisa thought too'
( OFC Wendi has told Isom that Danny never owned a gun so why would she immediately think Lisa thought Dan had shot Wendi?)

Also - can somebody check this next point?

At 2.46pm WA: I just listened to my voicemail' ( Rashbaum said the interview started around 2.45pm)
Isom - 'yes that’s what it’s about - sorry you had to hear this way
WA: I'm sorry ( sorry for playing/hearing it & not waiting for Isom to tell her officially ?)
Isom: - do you want to play it again?'.. ( Lisa Carey's voicemail replayed again)
---
But ...surely she hasn’t just listened to it, call logs shown at Trial 3 show that she possibly listened to voicemail at 2.14pm, before Isom picked her up??
( screen shot from Trial 3. the full call log screenshot is too large to post)
View attachment 459861
Wondering if the "outgoing" at 2:14:00 pm is just the voicemail on her phone activating for 48 seconds at the same time that a voice mail was left (also at 2:14:00 for 48 seconds -- incoming)? Would need to see the rest of the call log to see the pattern of entries re voicemail routings and incoming calls.

After watching 20/20 yesterday about this case, I came away feeling sad for Dan Markel- he didn't realize that when he married Wendi, he was also marrying her mother. I think Donna made the marriage hell for Dan Markel and turned whatever love Wendi may have had for him, to hate. My hope is that there are more arrests so that Dan Markel can rest in peace with complete justice.

After watching 20/20 yesterday about this case, I came away feeling sad for Dan Markel- he didn't realize that when he married Wendi, he was also marrying her mother. I think Donna made the marriage hell for Dan Markel and turned whatever love Wendi may have had for him, to hate. My hope is that there are more arrests so that Dan Markel can rest in peace with complete justice.

We can only hope that DA is slapped in cuffs soon as she takes the meddling, controlling mother-in-law to a new level. I'm 100% convinced she was instrumental in setting the murder plot in motion. Her idea of a win for the Adelsons was to eliminate the competition. I'm also convinced that Wendi is a great actress that was also involved in the murder plot.

Stay tuned as Georgia said.

We can only hope that DA is slapped in cuffs soon as she takes the meddling, controlling mother-in-law to a new level. I'm 100% convinced she was instrumental in setting the murder plot in motion. Her idea of a win for the Adelsons was to eliminate the competition. I'm also convinced that Wendi is a great actress that was also involved in the murder plot.

Stay tuned as Georgia said.
I think they have to do a grand jury. That’s what they did with Charlie. They started it once they had the enhanced audio of Dolce. With Donna, they might have waited until Charlie’s conviction. So an arrest won’t happen right away, if it is going to happen. Grand juries take time. The good news is I believe the defense is not allowed to attend.

Yep. None of this has ever made sense to me. Yes, Dan was shot. But Isom tells her their belief is that Dan was was targeted, and when she expresses fear for the boys, he expressly tells her there is no reason to believe anyone else is in danger. He tells her this very early on. It’s just a gut feeling I have, I’ve never been in that situation so I don’t know how I would react. Hypothetically, wouldn’t the natural impulse be to believe this was something related to Dan‘s own life, which he has led without you for two years? Why would the whole family be targeted, let alone the EX wife? Its not an intact family, and hasn’t been for two years. Even if someone didn’t like Dan, why go after his EX wife? They live in different houses, so the killers would know they’re not together. Who would have a vendetta against a broken family with two households? What would that vendetta be? It’s another weirdness. IMO.

Also, Katie testified that Charlie when she got to his house after the murder was very frightened and upset, had a gun, and took a Xanax. What was that about? Did he think the killers might come after him? I know she isnt the most truthful, but there’s no reason for her to lie about this.
Oh, heck, he was always popping Xanax. Probably wrote his own prescriptions, under the guise that the medication would be used for his patients who were undergoing periodontal work. I definitely don't think that Katie is lying about it.

Oh, heck, he was always popping Xanax. Probably wrote his own prescriptions, under the guise that the medication would be used for his patients who were undergoing periodontal work. I definitely don't think that Katie is lying about it.
Agreed. She says he seemed particularly anxious, though, and was walking around with a gun. Weird. Like so many things.

I've been watching the 20/20 episodes "Over My Dead Body", from 4 years ago (on YouTube). I really get the feeling that Wendi did not know of the plan to kill her ex (Dan Markel). But, after the deed was done, I absolutely believe that she knew that her own family was involved and responsible. She was not going to "rat them out." She did nothing, and feigned ignorance, even within her own family. (Just my opinion and gut feeling.)

I've been watching the 20/20 episodes "Over My Dead Body", from 4 years ago (on YouTube). I really get the feeling that Wendi did not know of the plan to kill her ex (Dan Markel). But, after the deed was done, I absolutely believe that she knew that her own family was involved and responsible. She was not going to "rat them out." She did nothing, and feigned ignorance, even within her own family. (Just my opinion and gut feeling.)

I can appreciate your view, but I keep going back to all the devious little plots DA would come up with and WA would not go along with....IMO WA would have had to give the ok before things went any further as DA didn't implement any of her other evil intentions without permission. Also as I recall there were legal things pending regarding WA not disclosing her true financial declarations which if proven true would have caused her much trouble and possible disbarment.

WA must have been a really good actress - I was surprised to hear last night on the 20/20 show from friends about how happy she and Danny seemed when the friends were there for dinner. They said they were dancing around and calling each other Mr and Mrs Bear, really sweet sappy stuff that you do when you are first in love. Yet Wendi says later she never loved him, so she had some people fooled for sure.

She makes me sick to my stomach. But not close to how her mother makes me feel!!

I can appreciate your view, but I keep going back to all the devious little plots DA would come up with and WA would not go along with....IMO WA would have had to give the ok before things went any further as DA didn't implement any of her other evil intentions without permission. Also as I recall there were legal things pending regarding WA not disclosing her true financial declarations which if proven true would have caused her much trouble and possible disbarment.
I keep coming back to the one text from her to Dan, “Are you going to be home the week for July 14-18, I’d like to have the kids.” She didn’t actually take the kids that week. Why ask? And why does he need to be home?

I thought the fact that the understanding was a menu with full kosher rules followed and when Dan's family arrived they were blindsided as that was the agreement in advance. Apparently rabbis had to leave at the point of dining. It all started there and got worse and worse. Wendi mentioned that they disagreed about raising of the children. Dan was found on a dating website and it was Donna that pushed Wendi to follow up with him. There were "three" in the marriage...Donna, Dan and Wendi. Donna would seemingly do anything to get her way....Dan's parents are not seeing their grandchildren. They lost everything with respect to their only child.

I think WA's involvement was providing details and she had a "do whatever is necessary" attitude knowing it would result in his death. She did not know who was doing it but she knew a lot. She had many legal battles pending and I found the testimony of her BF just before the murder interesting. He has nothing to gain here and knew her well....he was credible and still in love with her. As I heard it her parents did not even attend the funeral. They are never in the court room for their son even on verdict day. Is that some court order or what? He had no one there.

Last edited:
Just listened to a podcast for unrelated crime (burglary/homicide in NYC) which was being investigated as gang related and one of the key pieces of evidence that wasn't immediately recovered turned up 18 months later when LE recovered the stolen vehicle used in the heist. Tearing the vehicle apart, they found a couple of mini liquor bottles wedged deep down in the folds of the backseat that contained DNA of one of the perps.

Reminded me of LR/SG that were drinking fists full of these bottles on the drive to Tallahassee -- liquid courage. It was a comment by the detective that caught my attention when he said to expect an increase in the amount of cigarettes, food wrappers, liquor bottles, etc., (all potential evidence) consumed by the perps enroute to commit a crime because they are nervous, anxious, about the job. After the job, focus generally turns to ditching the vehicle, separating, and lying low for awhile.

That said, once the hitmen here finished their job, LR/SG just wanted out of dodge, and no longer having a car party on the drive home. I recall they that once back in Miami, they went to establishment that was not necessarily familiar to LR at least. And then there's SG who couldn't spend the money fast enough, and probably knew the waitstaff by name....

IMO, KM always knew SG wasn't the sharpest tool, and would be going away sooner than later. I'm sure this was always part of the plan. Well, until her prince charming pull the rug out from beneath her. JMO

I want to see DA on the stand. Apparently the parents were not called in this latest case...is that correct?
Correct. They have never previously testified. However, for CA's trial, the defense did add them to the witness list in a shady kind of way -- waiting until the last date for discovery, and when the prosecution attempted to subpoena the couple to interview them, the defense protested that the prosecution was too late -- citing the discovery deadline. Ultimately, the defense pulled the witnesses and the prosecution never did interview them. IMO, this move was just a preview of what was yet to come -- terrible defense trial strategy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member