GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. They have never previously testified. However, for CA's trial, the defense did add them to the witness list in a shady kind of way -- waiting until the last date for discovery, and when the prosecution attempted to subpoena the couple to interview them, the defense protested that the prosecution was too late -- citing the discovery deadline. Ultimately, the defense pulled the witnesses and the prosecution never did not interview them. IMO, this move was just a preview of what was yet to come -- terrible defense trial strategy.
There will definitely be a next chapter here...nice if they could try WA and DA together but doubt it. They will pick the best case and go with it. Their lives are ruined in or out of court.

I can appreciate your view, but I keep going back to all the devious little plots DA would come up with and WA would not go along with....IMO WA would have had to give the ok before things went any further as DA didn't implement any of her other evil intentions without permission. Also as I recall there were legal things pending regarding WA not disclosing her true financial declarations which if proven true would have caused her much trouble and possible disbarment.
I respect your opinion, and I believe that she hid assets out of a fear that she would not be able to provide for herself (initially) once her divorce was final. The hidden sum would help her establish her own residence separate and apart from Dan. She was not making a lot of money at the time, I don't believe. I don't know the source of the alleged $50,000 in undisclosed assets. Did she secrete money while still married to Dan, knowing that she would be leaving him? I think so. I know she kept the ring that belonged to the Markel side of the family, and that was flat out wrong.

As far as the devious plots to get under Dan's skin, that DA cooked up and presented to WA, those were things that she would have had to act on herself. She wasn't willing to do that. She also wouldn't go along with the $1M proposed bribery to Dan so that he'd give his consent to her relocating with the kids to South Florida. I believe that DA and CA, went "over Wendi's head" with the murder-for-hire scheme without telling her. I think HA was aware.

We may never know what was what, exactly.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, and I believe that she hid assets out of a fear that she would not be able to provide for herself (initially) once her divorce was final. The hidden sum would help her establish her own residence separate and apart from Dan. She was not making a lot of money at the time, I don't believe. I don't know the source of the alleged $50,000 in undisclosed assets. Did she secrete money while still married to Dan, knowing that she would be leaving him? I think so. I know she kept the ring that belonged to the Markel side of the family and that was flat out wrong.

As far as the devious plots to get under Dan's skin, that DA cooked up and presented to WA, those were things that she would have had to act on herself. She wasn't willing to do that. I believe that DA and CA, went "over Wendi's head" with the murder-for-hire scheme without telling her.

I agree that we will really never know because WA and DA are both liars......

I thought the fact that the understanding was a menu with full kosher rules followed and when Dan's family arrived they were blindsided as that was the agreement in advance. Apparently rabbis had to leave at the point of dining. It all started there and got worse and worse. Wendi mentioned that they disagreed about raising of the children. Dan was found on a dating website and it was Donna that pushed Wendi to follow up with him. There were "three" in the marriage...Donna, Dan and Wendi. Donna would seemingly do anything to get her way....Dan's parents are not seeing their grandchildren. They lost everything with respect to their only child.
Donna definitely called the shots. In more ways than one!

I thought the fact that the understanding was a menu with full kosher rules followed and when Dan's family arrived they were blindsided as that was the agreement in advance. Apparently rabbis had to leave at the point of dining. It all started there and got worse and worse. Wendi mentioned that they disagreed about raising of the children. Dan was found on a dating website and it was Donna that pushed Wendi to follow up with him. There were "three" in the marriage...Donna, Dan and Wendi. Donna would seemingly do anything to get her way....Dan's parents are not seeing their grandchildren. They lost everything with respect to their only child.

Epstein’s book implies he couldn’t even be NEAR non-kosher food, which is absurd. He probably did leave at some point, because there was nothing to eat, but the idea that he couldn’t even attend even part of the reception is absurd. Thats probably a mistake in the way the book is written.

So much sadness to go around but next to Dan's sons, I am saddest for Charlie's son, who I never realized existed until I heard it in court. DA is the epitome of people I have no use for - pretending to be a moral person and yet is the biggest imposter out there. She did not like that the older son married a non-Jew so they are estranged. You don't hear DA talking about those grandkids. She literally has a man killed so she can have her "sunshines" near her and yet in all the wire taps, no mention of Charlie's son being a "sunshine" to her. Charlie does not even talk about him. I do not want to break the rules but I have to wonder how this grandchild was treated by the Adelsons. So much sadness.

You are right. I forgot about that. Definitely suspicious.
And she had cancelled a trip with La Casse because she said she needed to pick up the kids from Dan on the 18th. This was a month earlier. It suggests she knew he was going to be home that week, because he would have the kids. It’s all very strange (to me) when you consider the totality. JMO

Last edited:
So much sadness to go around but next to Dan's sons, I am saddest for Charlie's son, who I never realized existed until I heard it in court. DA is the epitome of people I have no use for - pretending to be a moral person and yet is the biggest imposter out there. She did not like that the older son married a non-Jew so they are estranged. You don't hear DA talking about those grandkids. She literally has a man killed so she can have her "sunshines" near her and yet in all the wire taps, no mention of Charlie's son being a "sunshine" to her. Charlie does not even talk about him. I do not want to break the rules but I have to wonder how this grandchild was treated by the Adelsons. So much sadness.
ChArlie mentioned his son twice on the stand. I doubt he had much of a relationship with him- he didn’t live with the mom for very long and she had to sue him for paternity and child support.

That said, the fact that Charlie chose to bring a person into the world who would have him as a father, knowing he was under suspicion in this murder and could possibly spend the rest of his life in jail, speaks for itself.

I respect your opinion, and I believe that she hid assets out of a fear that she would not be able to provide for herself (initially) once her divorce was final. The hidden sum would help her establish her own residence separate and apart from Dan. She was not making a lot of money at the time, I don't believe. I don't know the source of the alleged $50,000 in undisclosed assets. Did she secrete money while still married to Dan, knowing that she would be leaving him? I think so. I know she kept the ring that belonged to the Markel side of the family, and that was flat out wrong.

As far as the devious plots to get under Dan's skin, that DA cooked up and presented to WA, those were things that she would have had to act on herself. She wasn't willing to do that. She also wouldn't go along with the $1M proposed bribery to Dan so that he'd give his consent to her relocating with the kids to South Florida. I believe that DA and CA, went "over Wendi's head" with the murder-for-hire scheme without telling her. I think HA was aware.

If they did this behind her back and caused their daughter to live under a cloud of suspicion, they ruined not only the grandchildren’s lives, but their daughter’s as well.

ChArlie mentioned his son twice on the stand. I doubt he had much of a relationship with him- he didn’t live with the mom for very long and she had to sue him for paternity and child support.

That said, the fact that Charlie chose to bring a person into the world who would have him as a father, knowing he was under suspicion in this murder and could possibly spend the rest of his life in jail, speaks for itself.
ETA- it’s always been interesting to me that Donna had such an objection to Rob marrying outside the faith, and wanted to choose a husband for Wendi, but has never had any objection to the various women in Charlie’s life, none of whom was Jewish and at least one of whom has proves to be of a very unsavory character (who knew the type of people who could hurt someone.)

I just remembered, and was posting that WA's Dave, was a former NSA computer scientist. Isn't it convenient that that guy would know everything that the feds and the police could find on you from your WhatsApp messages to your emails to your texts is your boyfriend? I always say these people use everyone. It's quite something that that's who she started dating after and, more importantly, that he dated her, considering everyone was talking about that family being suspect. They didn't have to be charged with anything in order to be suspects.

But they sure know how to use people for what they need. CA, dating KM, WA with JL, making him the perfect suspect, and then a guy who was, in addition to being very wealthy from his own company, began his career in an area that would be vital to knowing what could be found on her. Hmmm....

I say all this with the caveat that I read, that is the correct Dave. We all also do not know, of course what he discussed with her or not, but he sure would have the knowledge and know people who know, if that's him.

Last edited:

Yes. The former paramour should sue him for "wrongful birth."

I bet they did not know about Charlie's child until it came out in some court document. Hope that child has a mother than is responsible. Charlie did not have a good track record when it came to his choice in women.

I've been watching the 20/20 episodes "Over My Dead Body", from 4 years ago (on YouTube). I really get the feeling that Wendi did not know of the plan to kill her ex (Dan Markel). But, after the deed was done, I absolutely believe that she knew that her own family was involved and responsible. She was not going to "rat them out." She did nothing, and feigned ignorance, even within her own family. (Just my opinion and gut feeling.)
Wendi knew and she's the one who gave the information on DM whereabouts before he got killed. Do you really think that DA and CA would go ahead with the killing without letting WA know?!? Impossible....also she deleted some texts after texting CA.......You have to know Wendi was involved!!!

And she had cancelled a trip with La Casse because she said she needed to pick up the kids from Dan on the 18th. This was a month earlier. It suggests she knew he was going to be home that week, because he would have the kids. It’s all very strange (to me) when you consider the totality. JMO
In the 20/20 "Over My Dead Body" episodes from 4 years ago, that I watched today on YouTube, there was a quote from Wendi's podcast that she produced in conjunction with a creative writing class she was taking. It was this: "I thought I could cheat the system and marry a man I lacked passionate love for because, hey, didn't that die anyway during marriage?" Kind of surprised me, because I had thought she was head over heels about Dan. But, as we recall, DA picked him out of a JDate lineup for Wendi. Maybe Wendi wanted to please Mommy, too. Just like her brother Charlie did. So she married Dan. I think if Dan had earned more money, Wendi would probably have stuck with him longer and maybe he'd still be alive. The "A" Team would have liked him better if he were making more money as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx