GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan’s divorce lawyer was on STS and he said he got a call from someone he knew at the police department advising him of the shooting immediately after it happened. They knew about the divorce before they spoke to her.

The whole thing is weird. If you didn’t know when you watched it, you’d think it was the current wife, and not the ex. Just my opinion, but that’s definitely the vibe I get. They gave her a victim advocate! They are talking to her like she is a wife whose husband has been shot. They do say they are trying to rule her out as a suspect. But she is under no obligation to stay there.
interesting observation --
she was treated like a wife and not an ex-wife.

United States has no extradition treaty with Vietnam.
Was reading the Democrat article when you posted this. Escaping to Vietnam. LE had them covered. As soon as that flight was booked, they put the wheels in motion to arrest her. Good!

Was reading the Democrat article when you posted this. Escaping to Vietnam. LE had them covered. As soon as that flight was booked, they put the wheels in motion to arrest her. Good!
You beat me to the punch. Ha! I was just going to post this. I find it endlessly fascinating. So she kissed her sunshines goodbye with Harvey and they were off. This is probably the same plan that Charlie already had mapped out.

I thought that maybe the state was trying to smoke them out by leaking that the grand jury was meeting to indict them on Wednesday hoping she would flee. I thought they already had the indictment. If they don't have the indictment, hopefully we will have some criminal law attorney, explain to us if this was just on a warrant, and if it is as powerful as if the grand jury had indicted. I'm sure they are holding her pending the grand jury indictment then on Wednesday if they don't have it.

I'll say again that mug shot does not look scared, and it does not look anything, but giving, you haven't beaten the Adelsons yet! And Wendi has to know of course. They provide childcare for her boys. She will say my parents were taking a vacation nearly almost in December almost near Hanukkah lol.

By the way, does the Marlin in your screen name for fishing or the baseball team? Lol. We are Marlins (now Miami) fans.

Pat Sanford, the @FBI’s lead agent in the Dan Markel murder probe, was at Miami International Airport last night when Donna Adelson was arrested. The bureau worked closely with @TallyPD, the lead agency, on the nearly 10-year investigation, which remains active & ongoing.

If you were trying to flee, when you at least be smart enough to book a round-trip flight? Lol. How much more suspicious could it be. They should've at least booked round-trip flight to return for Hanukkah to try to at least pretend they were going on vacation.

reporter from the Tallahassee Democrat posting this morning that, “Donna Adelson was arrested at the Miami airport last night on charges of murder, conspiracy and solicitation, according to State Attorney Jack Campbell. She and her husband Harvey had bought one-way tickets to Vietnam, with a layover in Dubai.”

United States has no extradition treaty with Vietnam.
Looking bad for DA. One way ticket to a non extradition country will seal the deal on staying in jail until she goes to trial. How this family managed to stay out of jail for as long as they did is a mystery to me because they just aren't that savvy.

reporter from the Tallahassee Democrat posting this morning that, “Donna Adelson was arrested at the Miami airport last night on charges of murder, conspiracy and solicitation, according to State Attorney Jack Campbell. She and her husband Harvey had bought one-way tickets to Vietnam, with a layover in Dubai.”

And HA was getting out of Dodge as well. Here's hoping LE finds enough to snag him too.

more of Burlew's thread:
@JeffBurlew

' Campbell said investigators had the evidence to charge Donna Adelson but that the trip to the airport changed prosecutors' timeline. "That's what forced our hand," Campbell said.

“We started talking to some of our law enforcement partners about the complexities of trying to bring someone back from either Dubai or Vietnam. And that might be a very complicated and lengthy process. So that’s why we had to make a decision quickly.”

Campbell added that Donna Harvey was trying to flee and that her trip to the airport will be part of the state's evidence against her.'

Harvey shouldn't have attempted to take the same flight, he should've followed on later. Fact he bought ticket with her surely is bad for his defence, should the state ever decide to prosecute him too ( IMO you can't spin a 1-way ticket as a vacation either)

You beat me to the punch. Ha! I was just going to post this. I find it endlessly fascinating. So she kissed her sunshines goodbye with Harvey and they were off. This is probably the same plan that Charlie already had mapped out.

I thought that maybe the state was trying to smoke them out by leaking that the grand jury was meeting to indict them on Wednesday hoping she would flee. I thought they already had the indictment. If they don't have the indictment, hopefully we will have some criminal law attorney, explain to us if this was just on a warrant, and if it is as powerful as if the grand jury had indicted. I'm sure they are holding her pending the grand jury indictment then on Wednesday if they don't have it.

I'll say again that mug shot does not look scared, and it does not look anything, but giving, you haven't beaten the Adelsons yet! And Wendi has to know of course. They provide childcare for her boys. She will say my parents were taking a vacation nearly almost in December almost near Hanukkah lol.

By the way, does the Marlin in your screen name for fishing or the baseball team? Lol. We are Marlins (now Miami) fans.
It’s my Name! I chose that for my first email address when internet was a baby because I lived in Florida, my name was Marlin, and it was a play on the Florida Marlins. not particularly a baseball fan, but over the years, I would state my name, in my thick Mississippi accent, and people couldn’t understand me. So, I would try to guess their interests and say, you know, like the baseball team, or the hunting rifle, or the big blue sailfish!

Remember when HA and DA hired Gerstein & Baret Law firm from Fort Lauderdale area to help them with criminal matters and then they sued them (September 2016) for unpaid legal fees?

Hope that HA is "washing" some stacks of $$$ for DA's new defense team!
going to take a very long time to get those piles stapled up!

Definitely agree. Without the neighbor looking out the window, this crime may still be unsolved. He gave LE something to work with, and sometimes that is all it takes to connect the rest together. I do believe SG and LR got a little sloppy at the end. I believe they were under pressure to get it done that day, and they just got it done quickly hoping no one would see them.
Katie pressured them, even if she does not admit it. She wants that easy money. She will only admit to something that will make her look like more of an airhead/victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joyousjg