GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if this was you or Me

You're right and MHOP too...If we listen to the wire taps closely between KM and CA. We hear the real "point blank" Katie and Charlie in action. That's exactly what happened to DM and what would of happened if SG and the "Bump Man" would have connected if it was a true scenario. KM and CA knew what they were charged with and what the penalties would be if found guilty by a Jury of their peers and they both chose and continued to lie and try to fool them and get away with it. Now they have to face the music. LWOP.

What was the purpose of Wendy going to the crime scene? Has that been established from any of the past litigation?

What was the purpose of Wendy going to the crime scene? Has that been established from any of the past litigation?
But she didn’t go to the crime scene (exclaims her bro Charlie)!!

She was only taking a quick shortcut to the liquor store as seen on this map, the red dashed line is clearly the longest route

But yeah, I don’t know, I’ve always been curious who she called around that time….the JusticeForDan web page has had a listing of the calls that morning of his murder and it’s always been so intriguing to me….

lots of calls!

Attachments

• 6A78D71B-C252-45AA-BE2C-B6430EE61A24.jpeg
    6A78D71B-C252-45AA-BE2C-B6430EE61A24.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 70F96B54-642F-4251-92DB-2BF077E517BF.jpeg
    70F96B54-642F-4251-92DB-2BF077E517BF.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 9A5BF71F-9F37-4741-9EFB-43494E3CD8AF.jpeg
    9A5BF71F-9F37-4741-9EFB-43494E3CD8AF.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 52
So, does Wendy get to spend the rest of her life carefree with no
consequences?? that is infuriating!!!!
I would like to see WA face trial on this matter too. However, I don't think she would really be all that carefree, and, I think with CA's conviction, and hopefully DA's arrest, her life will change drastically. I think people who might have been giving her the benefit of doubt may reconsider. It would take a very brave man to partner her. I can't believe that her brother's conviction for her ex husbands murder won't shut a lot of doors for her. What about her sons? I read that one at least was still in contact with CA during the trial. Are they being told he was wrongfully convicted? I'm sure, one day, at least one of them will watch his trial, and then what? I take comfort from the fact there would be very real consequences for her, which would effect her life daily, even if these consequences remain unknown to the world.

Charlie actually said on the stand “you’ll have to ask Lincoln” about that.
It seems overwhemingly clear that we could not rely on Lincoln's reply. He was very young, and very personally involved. I have noticed if I talk to my siblings about something that happened when we were very young, which they don't remember that sometimes they will claim to remember the same thing down the track, but only including the details I have supplied them with. We are in our 50's. I'm sure I innocently "introduced " my memory to them, which they-equally innocently-almost adopt as their own. Lincoln would have heard the broken TV story so often, I bet he can even "remember" how he broke the television, really believe that he did. Whether he did or not

She was only taking a quick shortcut to the liquor store as seen on this map, the red dashed line is clearly the longest route

But yeah, I don’t know, I’ve always been curious who she called around that time….the JusticeForDan web page has had a listing of the calls that morning of his murder and it’s always been so intriguing to me….

lots of calls!

I’m just curious from a psychological perspective why she had to see it. She had to feel strongly about it to risk her presence being exposed.

I think he did give her a window when he called her but she didn't specify it in the interview. I can't be bothered to watch it again to find the time stamps - we ought to have done a transcript of it years ago

Anyway

In the scenario we're discussing - where WA is a conspirator - that doesn't necessarily mean that she knew exactly what time the hit would happen. ( That's why I included refs to gym. Car park. But in reality the killers could've followed him elsewhere later in the day or done the hit inside the house in the afternoon - SG had already been to rear of property previously)
Wendy seemed to have blocked out her morning too - she had all kinds of 'receipts.'

The TV repair is very weird because the exact moment of murder was outside of the conspirators control. ( entering gym car park, exiting gym, inside the house, on an afternoon trip later?)

We've all got a good idea of how the three Adelsons tick now. We can see that they seem to enjoy elaborate games, intricate plots and think they're very smart. I tend towards viewing the TV repair as a kind of twisted Adelson conspirators' in-joke which would also cover WA & CA's calls that morning.
CA gifted the TV. She was quick to tell Isom she'd needed to ask the gift-giver how he felt about a fix or replace. ( + recall CA just claimed he only spoke to WA once a week)

As many more objective people said years ago, the whole WA performance for Isom was bizarre. ( tbc I mean people who are more objective than me)
When was the gifted TV purchased in the first place?

My sister and I are sitting in an oral surgeon’s waiting room, trying to work out how to delete the repeat post. The delicious irony..

If you snooze, you lose! ;)

To delete a repeat or double post, you have to use the "edit" function to delete the text/script followed by adding "dbm" (delete by me), and save the post. The edit window is only open for about 57.75 minutes.

Woah. Catching up, still, sorry.

What’s with this Motion? Interesting sequence of events and claims of it coming from an alternate, here’s a tweet

Interesting! Wonder if it’s the alternate who was giving everyone uneasy feelings? He contacted the defense? Jeez. Surely the jurors weren’t discussing the details of the trial during the trial. The judge instructed them not too each and every time.

Last edited:

11/7/23

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Tuesday, Charlie Adelson's defense attorney filed a motion asking a judge to interview the jurors who convicted Adelson of orchestrating the murder of FSU law professor, Dan Markel.

[..]

Rashbaum says that juror told him that several days before the conviction, one or more members of the jury asked all other jurors for their telephone numbers, after which some sort of group chat was established.

The alternate juror did not know what was said within the group chat. That alternate juror said they thought the court should know about that group chat. He did not know if there were any discussions about the Adelson case within the group chat.

[..]

Rashbaum says his team talked with counsel for the State about the interview request. In the motion, it says the State's counsel opposes the relief requested in the motion.

This particular juror is interesting. He is saying that several days before the conviction the jurors started a group chat. IF he was SO concerned that there was even a slight chance they were discussing the trial I wonder why he did not bring this to the Judge immediately? He decided to wait until after the verdict. Something tells me to be very happy he was not on this jury.

(Also, I wonder if this is the same juror that halted proceedings to let the Judge know too many people were speaking aloud during testimony? That I understood because it was distracting. My point being if it were the same juror he did not even wait until a break to get that taken care of - he spoke up immediately. I can't get over whichever juror it was - knew about this group chat days before the deliberations, but decided it would be best to wait to bring it up after the trial is over.)

Also, not sure if this juror was paying attention - to my knowledge the jury were never given instructions that they could not talk to each other. The rule is to NOT talk about the case whatsoever; however, other than that you can talk about anything you like. When I was on a jury - we had a complicated / interesting robbery case and some of us did trade phone numbers because we really wanted to talk about our experience after the trial and we did. I just pray this jury did not do anything wrong and if there was really a group chat that they did not utter any word about this trial. I just have a hard time picturing jurors taking the chance of speaking about the trial in text on a group chat - knowing full well - that is a huge violation of their duty.

The juror deciding to reach out to the Defense is very interesting to me as well as the timing of it.

MOO and more MOO.

lots of calls!
Also, re the 11.42am call to Dan - we'd been told that by this stage she did everything she could to avoid calling him, preferring texts and emails ( even faking laryngitis imo) so I'd say that 11.42 was also unusual at this point in their battle

Nobody will ever prove why she drove down Trescott so instead Georgia made a big thing, during closing about listing all the things that Wendi didn't do after seeing the tape on Trescott - didn't call the daycare, didn't ask Brannan ' what's going on', didn't call DM to ask about the tape, didn't call TPD etc

Anybody know if she told her two lunch pals in passing? were they interviewed?
An innocent person might have said to close friends, upon arrival ' hey, has there been an electrical storm this morning? I just went by Trescott and I saw tape....'

Am guessing Wendi didn't do that either

context - evidence presented at trial
The call logs Corbett presented showed contacts between Wendi & her lunch companions on her way up to Mosaik, because Wendi was late for lunch.
3 contacts with Ritu Ghai Dr.Psych 12.35 - 12.56pm & 3 with Jeannine Silberman Medical Oncologist/Psychiatrist 1.03-1.13pm)

I can't understand what KM's reasoning was. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Someone was filling her head with a lot of lies I think.
I still believe that CA paid for her lawyers. She says she can't remember how she got her lawyer. That is the only thing that makes sense to explain why she was offered immunity to walk out the door and go home to her kids and kept her mouth shut. I understand the one part of saying that in the first trial she didn't want to implicate SG. She absolutely Was the reason he did this. So as it was, she's the reason that he got caught and was going to jail.

But it makes zero sense after he went to jail from the first trial why she kept quiet. The evidence against him is overwhelming. There's no way he is going to be able to get out of it. Once he went to jail, in fact, that was even more reason that she should have flipped. They already had one parent who was behind bars, and never getting out. That should've been all the more reason why she should've talked to go home so the kids had one parent. It absolutely has to be she was either threatened by the A's, but I think much more likely was getting money somehow or her kids were.

She still has never told anywhere close to the whole truth. I assume that she didn't plan murders every day, so for her not to remember how that happened in every detail is ludicrous. But, if she is there now, and going to be testifying for the grand jury to indict DA, and then has to maybe testify at DA's trial, I really don't have a problem with her getting a reduction of sentence to get out while she's middle-aged.

That juror, who was the Alternate, stuck out. Everyone was talking about him and how odd he was, and how completely over the top pro defense he was. With that family, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a plant. The fact that he contacted the defense and not the court tells you also all you need to know about him.I'm sure they all couldn't stand him since everyone said he was very creepy and odd. They just didn't want to have to talk to him so he was excluded. Look for moldy money at his house lol.

The other story we're hearing is that supposedly even another Alternate# was going to vote not guilty. Again, anyone who could sit in that court and listen to that defense and think that it wasn't a ridiculous defense had to be either something extremely wrong with them cognitively or maybe got some moldy money. I am sure that the hired jury consultant will be combing through all of those jurors' social media, as folks have said. And again, that's also a reason why none of the jurors should speak if they don't want to give the defense a chance to come up with one word as a reason to try to overturn the verdict.

@Missyrocks5 I recall reading somewhere that the offer for Katie, earlier on, wasn't to walk if she cooperated, but that it would be seen very positively. Can anyone recall?
GC & the defense attorney both stated at her second trial how she could've had, I thought freedom, but certainly a huge reduction where she would've been out very quickly. And all the YT people who know this case the best like STS and ML have repeated how she had the chance to walk, so even if it hundred percent time, it was close to it. No reasonable person would have not flipped, particularly for the second trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8