GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see WA face trial on this matter too. However, I don't think she would really be all that carefree, and, I think with CA's conviction, and hopefully DA's arrest, her life will change drastically. I think people who might have been giving her the benefit of doubt may reconsider. It would take a very brave man to partner her. I can't believe that her brother's conviction for her ex husbands murder won't shut a lot of doors for her. What about her sons? I read that one at least was still in contact with CA during the trial. Are they being told he was wrongfully convicted? I'm sure, one day, at least one of them will watch his trial, and then what? I take comfort from the fact there would be very real consequences for her, which would effect her life daily, even if these consequences remain unknown to the world.
On STS, they were saying how they heard that that family has completely brainwashed the boys, unsurprisingly. That there have only been a few visits with the Markels because they have been told they are bad people. There is that alienation that has been drummed into them that they really don't want to see the Markels. I think even when they go to college and the Markels have the chance to contact them and visit them without Wendi having to give permission, I don't know that they ever will allow it

I hope that they change their last name to Markel, which is what it is. I hope that now that they're getting older, they can spend some time watching those trials so that they can see there is no way that their family didn't do it.

Does anyone think the comments that Wendi made under oath could be used to get her disbarred? Some of them certainly directly contradict other evidence…
A better way to ask the question would be “does anyone think the comments that wendy made under oath could be prosecuted for perjury?” I don’t see any possibility that her testimony could ever be the basis of a perjury prosecution. Therefore, it would be even less likely that she could ever be disbarred.

I still believe that CA paid for her lawyers. She says she can't remember how she got her lawyer. That is the only thing that makes sense to explain why she was offered immunity to walk out the door and go home to her kids and kept her mouth shut. I understand the one part of saying that in the first trial she didn't want to implicate SG. She absolutely Was the reason he did this. So as it was, she's the reason that he got caught and was going to jail.

But it makes zero sense after he went to jail from the first trial why she kept quiet. The evidence against him is overwhelming. There's no way he is going to be able to get out of it. Once he went to jail, in fact, that was even more reason that she should have flipped. They already had one parent who was behind bars, and never getting out. That should've been all the more reason why she should've talked to go home so the kids had one parent. It absolutely has to be she was either threatened by the A's, but I think much more likely was getting money somehow or her kids were.

She still has never told anywhere close to the whole truth. I assume that she didn't plan murders every day, so for her not to remember how that happened in every detail is ludicrous. But, if she is there now, and going to be testifying for the grand jury to indict DA, and then has to maybe testify at DA's trial, I really don't have a problem with her getting a reduction of sentence to get out while she's middle-aged.
Sig was always saying he loved her sooooo much, I wonder if he ever told her she should just flip and give up Charlie and he would do the life sentence. That would let her go home to their kids. I just don’t get it.

On STS, they were saying how they heard that that family has completely brainwashed the boys, unsurprisingly. That there have only been a few visits with the Markels because they have been told they are bad people. There is that alienation that has been drummed into them that they really don't want to see the Markels. I think even when they go to college and the Markels have the chance to contact them and visit them without Wendi having to give permission, I don't know that they ever will allow it

I hope that they change their last name to Markel, which is what it is. I hope that now that they're getting older, they can spend some time watching those trials so that they can see there is no way that their family didn't do it.
Dbm

Last edited:
by the end of Part 1 she admits she knew what it was for but yes, CA seals it and warns her - implicitly - that the contents can never come back on him. gloves, saliva etc ( I assume he wanted to mitigate a risk that it might be kept & then used against him. )

BTW @amicuscurie ML has some WA depos on his platform. WA contradicts what CA testified to last week ( He actually visited WA & DM around 5 times during their marriage. Also sounds as if there may have been past argument DM & CA while at the TA home c 2009)
Dbm.

Last edited:
It seems overwhemingly clear that we could not rely on Lincoln's reply. He was very young, and very personally involved. I have noticed if I talk to my siblings about something that happened when we were very young, which they don't remember that sometimes they will claim to remember the same thing down the track, but only including the details I have supplied them with. We are in our 50's. I'm sure I innocently "introduced " my memory to them, which they-equally innocently-almost adopt as their own. Lincoln would have heard the broken TV story so often, I bet he can even "remember" how he broke the television, really believe that he did. Whether he did or not
I just can’t get over the sheer audacity of bringing a child’s name into this trial and implying that the court would just have to ask this child to corroborate the story of the broken TV, because he (Charlie) knows nothing about it, and it’s not his problem. Like the state hasn’t met its burden. He said it in a really hostile manner. The child was three at the time. It says a lot about who he is. MOO. These children belong nowhere near a courtroom or this case.

Last edited:
'This is Our Story'

'she adopted the kid in her maiden name and did not want him in her or her child's lives.' & other highlights

Nobody will ever prove why she drove down Trescott so instead Georgia made a big thing, during closing about listing all the things that Wendi didn't do after seeing the tape on Trescott - didn't call the daycare, didn't ask Brannan ' what's going on', didn't call DM to ask about the tape, didn't call TPD etc

RSBM - if a tree had fallen, crime scene tape would not have been used.

Thanks for making my question better!
Perjury is a high bar -- is that necessary for an ethical violation in FL? Seems from some basic searching like the bar is lower, but I'm not a FL lawyer.
While the ethical bar is technically lower, the basis of your hypothetical claim still centers on what would constitute perjury if proven. Your question asks whether she could be found as acting unethically in her sworn testimony. Thus, without perjury or, at least, some discipline from the judge, there simply is NO basis for a complaint here. In other words, the hypothetical bar complaint would allege that Wendy was not truthful during her sworn testimony. Wendi's attorney would immediately (and correctly) point out that she was never disciplined by the judge, her testimony was never objected to or sought to be stricken by counsel, and no charge of perjury was ever advanced. Moreover, Wendi would adamantly claim that she never knowingly gave false testimony, which would have to be proven to sustain an ethical complaint. Georgia would be excoriated if she ever brought a charge of perjury now, so you can bank on the fact that the bar would NEVER touch this.

I'll just note that the kids are in their tweens/early teens now. They're entering their teenage years, a time when many kids begin thinking more independently and start to rebel against authority. Friends, classmates and others who are not tied to their family also become more influential in their lives.

These two will also eventually have unfettered access to the internet where they can access hundreds of court documents, blogs, forums, youtube videos etc all documenting the involvement of the Adelson family in their father's murder.

I couldn't guess how they'll react. Maybe they'll reject all that's out there and remain close to the family, or maybe they will start to question the received family wisdom.

edit - Also if trials of their mother and/or grandmother occur in a couple of years time then it will be much harder for the Adelson's to hide them from all the goings-on while they are in high school and old enough to understand the details of the trial testimony.

I'll just note that the kids are in their tweens/early teens now. They're entering their teenage years, a time when many kids begin thinking more independently and start to rebel against authority. Friends, classmates and others who are not tied to their family also become more influential in their lives.

These two will also eventually have unfettered access to the internet where they can access hundreds of court documents, blogs, forums, youtube videos etc all documenting the involvement of the Adelson family in their father's murder.

I couldn't guess how they'll react. Maybe they'll reject all that's out there and remain close to the family, or maybe they will start to question the received family wisdom.

edit - Also if trials of their mother and/or grandmother occur in a couple of years time then it will be much harder for the Adelson's to hide them from all the goings-on while they are in high school and old enough to understand the details of the trial testimony.
OJ’s kids still think he didn’t do it. Family is powerful.

She (WA) on the witness stand said she received it as a divorce gift from CA....so some time round July 2013?
If I could tell a bad joke, it would start, "How many phone calls does it take 3 educated people to replace a TV?" Really.
Thanks. Would it be a true statement by her if she received it in June 2014?

RSBM - if a tree had fallen, crime scene tape would not have been used.
She has given several different reasons in her police Interview and the three times she testified: Trescott was a shortcut to the main road. She sometimes drove by the house to come to terms with the divorce. She has a bad sense of direction so she took the route she was used to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member