GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I don't think prosecutors will go after WA, and probably not DA. IMO it's already been a huge struggle to get KM and, they hope CA. Those two were the ones who made the murder happen, along with the driver and shooter.

A trial is to punish actions, not thoughts or words. Whatever WA/DA wanted or said, there is no evidence that they met with the killers, or gave direct instructions to the killers, or promised/gave money to the killers. Therefore, they are not legally responsible for the murder.

It's also possible that they were manipulated by CA, who was in the dominant personal/social/ financial position to them both.

JMO

Just my opinion, but I don't think prosecutors will go after WA, and probably not DA. IMO it's already been a huge struggle to get KM and, they hope CA. Those two were the ones who made the murder happen, along with the driver and shooter.

A trial is to punish actions, not thoughts or words. Whatever WA/DA wanted or said, there is no evidence that they met with the killers, or gave direct instructions to the killers, or promised/gave money to the killers. Therefore, they are not legally responsible for the murder.
I believe you misunderstand the law as it applies to the facts here. There is more than sufficient evidence to support a verdict against Donna Adelson and several practicing attorneys have explained this while commenting on the evidence during this trial. Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, and nobody can know for certain what the state will do, but the consensus among legal commentators seems clearly that the evidence would support a charge if the prosecution should choose to pursue one.

A trial is to punish actions, not thoughts or words. Whatever WA/DA wanted or said, there is no evidence that they met with the killers, or gave direct instructions to the killers, or promised/gave money to the killers.
Not sure about this one. You sign checks to a woman you know is/has orchestrated a murder, you're in it too. I have high confidence she will be charged and found guilty.

It's also possible that they were manipulated by CA, who was in the dominant personal/social/ financial position to them both.

JMO

IANAL but if DA helped advance the murder in any way, this fits the definition of "Conspiracy to Commit Murder". This would include being involved in the discussion of the murder, and perhaps writing checks. I don't believe direct contact with KM/SG/LR would be needed for a conviction, which would be a 30 year sentence (based on what KM and SG received).

Also JMO.

I've finally finished Wendi's police interview (probably my 4th time). Wendi The Real Victim (tm) makes me nauseous and so it actually took me a couple days to get through it. There's so many interesting parts but most have been analyzed before.

But this one, is interesting. She is basically foreshadowing how the kids will be cut out of Ruth and Phil Markel's lives. She had previously noted in the interview how the parents will suspect that she was responsible and she even named relocation as the reason. Anyway, here she is..

Wendi: "plans are..funny. All kinds of plans that will not be happening. I was taking my dad on a trip for his 70th birthday on the two weeks when Danny goes with the kids to Canada. I was thinking about that before, of like, if the situation were reversed, I want to make sure that his family has access to the kids. You know? That they can like, feel like....I didn't have a good relationship with them before - they are pretty difficult people. But these are their grandkids, you know? um, so I want to make sure that they can have a relationship with them."
Victims Advocate: "that will be good too, because that will be like giving them (the boys) a relationship with their Dad."

---
Why is this interesting? She complains on her 2015 podcast that she's not allowed to complain that she had to cancel a trip with her "brain-cancer surviving father" to Machu Picchu because of Danny's death. Leaving aside the fact that Harvey never had brain cancer - here is Wendi, 4 hours after learning he was shot and she has already cancelled the 70th birthday trip without even talking to Harvey about it. Weird. Seems like an avenue worth exploring....

Secondly, she couldn't remember what she got Harvey for his 70th birthday and was horrified when she was asked if the gift was Dan Markel's murder. She remembered they had Paella at his 70th birthday, but she couldn't remember this trip. Which seems like an obvious thing you would remember if it was true, but maybe something you'd forget if it was a lie.

Finally, she has the NERVE to plant the seed with police at how difficult Ruth and Phil are, which the world now knows is a massive lie. She's pandering to the victims advocate in how her priority is making sure they have a relationship but 24 hours later, she's making and cancelling plans for Ruth to see the kids before fleeing Tallahassee like an embassy evacuation, without giving them the courtesy to see or say goodbye to their grandkids, THE DAY AFTER THEIR SONS FUNERAL, the son that her family has murdered. This is some really sick stuff. Telling police that you want your kids to have a relationship with their grandparents on their murdered father's side is a super weird thing to even say. That is the norm and expectation - unless...you already have plans to flee and sever ties.

Last edited:
the consensus among legal commentators seems clearly that the evidence would support a charge if the prosecution should choose to pursue one.
On technicalities, but would the prosecution proceed or jury convict on legal technicalities. IMO would be a long shot and prosecution would not risk it and be seen to 'go after' either.

JMO.

There are quite a few mob bosses sitting in jail on conspiracy or racketeering charges for ordering hits on their rivals, yet they never met with the killers, gave direct instructions or gave money.

There are quite a few mob bosses sitting in jail on conspiracy or racketeering charges for ordering hits on their rivals, yet they never met with the killers, gave direct instructions or gave money.
Precisely my point, prosecutors were unable to charge mob bosses with anything until they created RICO statutes (Racketing and Corrupt Organizations).

So then, all the prosecutors need to prove is that the Adelson family was engaged in making money through illegal activities, such as prostitution, human trafficking, drug trafficking, illegal weapons trade, or counterfeiting.

I don't see dentistry on the list.

Precisely my point, prosecutors were unable to charge mob bosses with anything until they created RICO statutes (Racketing and Corrupt Organizations).

So then, all the prosecutors need to prove is that the Adelson family was engaged in making money through illegal activities, such as prostitution, human trafficking, drug trafficking, illegal weapons trade, or counterfeiting.

I don't see dentistry on the list.

Those aren't the only crimes that can be charged under RICO statutes-as evidenced by the RICO laws in Georgia. I'm quite sure that conspiracy to murder would be included. And apparently the state of Florida does have RICO laws.

Last edited:
On technicalities, but would the prosecution proceed or jury convict on legal technicalities. IMO would be a long shot and prosecution would not risk it and be seen to 'go after' either.

JMO.
Most definitely NOT technicalities. Tim Jansen, a very respected trial attorney who practices in Tallahassee says he has seen MANY criminal prosecutions brought and completed with LESS evidence than that available against DA>

The killers actually lost track of Dan on the first trip after he dropped the kids off at the daycare. On the second trip, either they got lucky and didnt lose him or someone tipped them off that his route was daycare > gym > home. Those 2 locations are pretty far from each other.

I'm trying to find the Magbanua>Sigfredo call details from the morning of the murder to test the possibility that Charlie might have told Magbanua about Dan going to the gym that morning (after DM's voicemail to Wendi). Of course, the police and FBI will have already figured this out, but it would be interesting for those of us in the dark to know...
If they were following him they would’ve known his route. They waited at each location for him to come out.

Those aren't the only crimes that can be charged under RICO statutes as evidenced by the RICO laws in Georgia. I'm quite sure that conspiracy to murder would be included.
Yes, but it has to be associated with racketeering in order to apply RICO statutes.

We just went through the murder conspiracy trial of Lori Vallow. She and Daybell have not been charged under RICO. Many people on websleuths believe other assiciates must have known, but no one else was charged.

JMO

Yes, but it has to be associated with racketeering in order to apply RICO statutes.

We just went through the murder conspiracy trial of Lori Vallow. She and Daybell have not been charged under RICO. Many people on websleuths believe other assiciates must have known, but no one else was charged.

JMO
How are you defining "racketeering"?

JMO
Donna wrote and signed checks, there is evidence to suggest she was at Charlie’s house the night of the murder to drop off the money. She doesn’t get a pass.

ETA Donna was driving this. Read her emails. She sounds positively unhinged, and consumed with hatred for Dan and the desire for Wendi and the boys to move to South Florida.

Most definitely NOT technicalities. Tim Jansen, a very respected trial attorney who practices in Tallahassee says he has seen MANY criminal prosecutions brought and completed with LESS evidence than that available against DA>
Circumstantial evidence IS evidence. Very rarely is there a ton of direct evidence, such as fingerprints, DNA, a gun, or a videotape of someone committing the murder. Most everything else is circumstantial, and it’s enough to convict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper