GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM -

Are we sure she was leaving or just returning from her little sojourn in Italy ?
That's what YT streamers were alleging. Which is why I put allegedly. I heard they were in Italy too. But that also was not confirmed. I honestly think she and Harvey were trying to flee to a country maybe Israel or Costa Rica.

What about WA and HA? Any idea what they are waiting for there?
I don't think they have enough on either of them to overcome, reasonable doubt with the top level attorneys they have. Maybe there is a lot of evidence out there that we don't know about, so it could happen. But otherwise, I think it ends with Donna. JMO

I don't think they have enough on either of them to overcome, reasonable doubt with the top level attorneys they have. Maybe there is a lot of evidence out there that we don't know about, so it could happen. But otherwise, I think it ends with Donna. JMO
Maybe the Markels will bring a civil suit. There ought to be some consequences.

It follows that this was an "out of county warrant" because the arrest warrant would be from Tallahassee and she's currently being held in Miami-Dade (i.e., awaiting transport to Tallahassee).

This was the same for the co-defendants when they were arrested.

That's what YT streamers were alleging. Which is why I put allegedly. I heard they were in Italy too. But that also was not confirmed. I honestly think she and Harvey were trying to flee to a country maybe Israel or Costa Rica.

I can't wait to find out the final destination printed on her airline ticket (assuming she was flying out)

Maybe the Markels will bring a civil suit. There ought to be some consequences.
True. I always wondered about this, but they said that the Markels never filed a civil suit because Wendi is dangling being able to visit the boys over them. If they filed a wrongful death case, she would absolutely never allow them to see the boys. She is dangling that carrot over them, so I don't think that they ever will.

I can't wait to find out the final destination printed on her airline ticket (assuming she was flying out)
Yeah have the rumors that DA and HA were in Italy ever been confirmed? Bc she could have been arrested coming into the airport not seeking to leave it (STS just pointed this out). Given that the Italy trip was not confirmed, I'd still lean toward flight. This happened less than two days before the grand jury met. That can't be a coincidence. And it just doesn't seem to make sense that they would *return* to the US if they knew the grand jury was meeting soon, esp given that they are presumably well advised by pricey lawyers.

True. I always wondered about this, but they said that the Markels never filed a civil suit because Wendi is dangling being able to visit the boys over them. If they filed a wrongful death case, she would absolutely never allow them to see the boys. She is dangling that carrot over them, so I don't think that they ever will.
At this point, in my opinion, she has little reason to offer visits anyway. I would not think there have been many visits, period, but I don’t know, of course, just my opinion.

Yeah have the rumors that DA and HA were in Italy ever been confirmed? Bc she could have been arrested coming into the airport not seeking to leave it (STS just pointed this out). Given that the Italy trip was not confirmed, I'd still lean toward flight. This happened less than two days before the grand jury met. That can't be a coincidence. And it just doesn't seem to make sense that they would *return* to the US if they knew the grand jury was meeting soon, esp given that they are presumably well advised by pricey lawyers.
How could they have been allowed to leave the country, come on? They arrested her at the airport, they obviously were alerted to the possibility of her leaving. If she had tried to go to Italy last week, why wouldn’t they have arrested her then?

I've seen zero evidence of an Italy trip. None.

Makes much more sense she was fleeing. imo

ETA: I understood what you were saying and I actually should have said "I agree with you"

Last edited:
How could they have been allowed to leave the country, come on? They arrested her at the airport, they obviously were alerted to the possibility of her leaving. If she had tried to go to Italy last week, why wouldn’t they have arrested her then?

I didn't say they had, only asking whether the rumors (mentioned many times including just now by Tim Jansen on STS). Numerous people on these posts and on Twitter have referred to it. I can't tell if this is just an example of people repeating some falsehood that catches on or if it's confirmed. People started saying this before Charlie's conviction and it seemed more plausible then. To be clear: I'm not trying to advance this as a true fact, just trying to (quoting Brandt from Big Lebowski) confirm or disconfirm that information.

I didn't say they had, only asking whether the rumors (mentioned many times including just now by Tim Jansen on STS). Numerous people on these posts and on Twitter have referred to it. I can't tell if this is just an example of people repeating some falsehood that catches on or if it's confirmed. People started saying this before Charlie's conviction and it seemed more plausible then. To be clear: I'm not trying to advance this as a true fact, just trying to (quoting Brandt from Big Lebowski) confirm or disconfirm that information.
Yeah, stuff gets repeated. Jansen is already talking about their “trip to Italy” like it‘s fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3