GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Doting' grannies, 'doting' mums & sisters..... so much for unconditional love huh?

OFC it can't be corroborated & the Markels have to be very sensitive ( they still want to have a relationship w Dan's sons in the future ) but the word on the various shows dedicated to this case is that the boys have been alienated by the Adelsons.

Also, at one point Charlie mentioned in the wiretaps that the Undercover might well be a PI hired by the Markels & because we've been told at least one of the boys communicating with Charlie in prison prior to trial, I can imagine Wendi & Co spinning a Markel conspiracy to the two boys. ( 'The Markels are the source of all our troubles, it's their fault')

But, I don't see how you can maintain that today. Wendi had to have told those boys earlier in the month that Grannie & Pops were only taking a long retirement trip/ vacation but the boys are going to see that they only bought 1 way tickets - how can they miss the news today/ internet?
People see what they want to see. Again this is their family, the only one they know. It is very hard to admit something like this to yourself.

Since she is having a hearing today - I shall post this to keep my notes straight.

Tuesday, November 14th:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ am ET) - FL - Daniel Eric Markel (41) (shot to death July 18, 2014, Tallahassee) - Donna Sue Adelson (73) arrested by FBI @ So. Miami airport (11/13/23) on out-of-County warrant from Leon County arrest Warrant #FW231o2353 & facing murder, conspiracy & solicitation charges. No bond. Held at Miami-Dade County Jail (Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center).
Donna Adelson & Harvey Adelson were in the process of boarding an 8pm one way flight to Vietnam Monday night, according to State Attorney Jack Campbell, before she was arrested. Harvey was not arrested. “When we found out they bought tickets to Vietnam with a stop in Dubai, we talked with our law enforcement partners & found out how difficult it would be to bring her back,” said Campbell. “So this definitely sped up our timeline.” Her case will be taken to the grand jury, according to the state attorney. Campbell added that Donna was trying to flee & that her trip to the airport will be part of the state's evidence against her.' The United States does not have an extradition treaty with Vietnam.
11/14/23 Update: First appearance hearing on 11/14/23.

Last edited:
I don't know if they were advised by counsel but it was not a great move to pick the most incriminating flight plan possible: one way ticket to a country without extradition via another country without extradition. That really helps the case against her.

I was surprised to see how steely and calm DA appears in her mugshot and in the court appearance. Charlie looked haggard and defeated when he was arrested. I guess that means DA is really the tough guy in the family. Hell, maybe she'll end up running whatever ladies' prison she ends up in.

The big question now is how this arrest affects future events. Will Donna or Charlie find prison/jail so intolerable that they'll crack and sell out WA or HA? Will WA be so worried about her mom in jail that she'll confess? Will Charlie sell out Donna to save his mom? No easy options here but my guess is that if WA and CA can tolerate incarceration they won't flip because that would mean selling out WA, and even if they're pissed at her, they won't want to rob the kids of their mom.

I think they all had some degree of knowledge in this plot. I think two did the leg work while the others weren't as privy to the specific details. Basically, just do what you think is best for the family, but I don't want to know the how. I will never believe WA and HA were completely in the dark. I think they knew something was going down, but didn't know the where and how.......just the when. JMO
I agree they tried to keep WA and HA out of it, and it’s possible CA didn’t know a lot of the detailsl. But I think at some point they had to clue everybody in, maybe they needed them. Evidence was presented at trial which shows HA is in front of Charlie’s house with DA the night of the murder.

Use him as a bartering tool. Bring him in for questioning, threaten him with various charges and he'll roll over. He knows his wife is going down for the rest of her life and doesn't make any sense for all of them to do life. One of them will roll over. I think it will most likely be WA. She knows her Mum and brother are never getting out of prison, she might as well. I'm guessing HA's lawyer will tell him to no comment and not to be intimidated with various threats and not to roll over. His lawyers know the case is weak, but if WA is arrested as well. The dynamic changes. He and his lawyers know WA may accidentally or "accidentally" implicate him, so get in first. He had the least involvment so makes sense to offer him a deal as opposed to the other repulsive human beings.
I think it is a race between WA and CA as to who comes in first. Her lawyers may be advising her to try to get a deal or plead to a lesser charge before he flips. JMO

Oh c’mon y'all we haven't yet considered that there may be a TRIPLE extortion at hand. Donna and Harvey were just trying to get away from mastermind Katie Magbanua, after all, look at what she had done to Dan…and then Charlie!

This is all just a big misunderstanding, Katie and the cops are working together to frame the Adelson family. Donna is completely innocent and fears for her life now that the Latin Kings are salivating at the thought of whacking her son behind bars…Katie set up Dan, then Charlie, and now Donna! It's all a big racket. At the end of the day, if ultra-orthodox Dan had just not tried to take Donna’s Sunshines away, none of this would be happening!! /s

;)
dbm

Charlie talked to Donna every single day from April 2022 through November 2023. She will never talk to Charlie again.

She will never be free again.
Now that is just sad. Sad because why do these people ("these people") choose to do things that will totally screw up their lives -- effectively ending their lives as they had been living them? Hubris -- I think it is pure and simply that they have so much money, they figure that can do whatever the want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3