GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
STS was pretty spicy tonight. Joel tried to head off the brewing Carl Steinbeck allegations that Tim Jansen is "on the take" and is being secretly paid by the Adelsons to parrot their talking points. Now, that allegation is completely baseless and borderline deranged and so Tim Jansen should be given an opportunity to respond. However, Joel went about it in such a weaselly way - he wouldn't use Carl Steinbeck's name but he basically took credit for giving Steinbeck a platform and growing his Youtube Channel.

Karen Cyphers, to her credit, basically forced Joel to "name" Carl Steinbeck and defended Carl's record on predicting the convictions against Charlie. She also questioned how Tim could know that Wendi was seeking advice from some Atlanta attorney who specializes in Kastigar. Fair enough.

But the idea that an attorney who doesn't believe that the State has enough evidence yet to convict Wendi must be "on the take" or "has a hidden agenda" is ludicrous given that the State has not yet charged Wendi. I mean, this is a proposition that is self-evident, not a conspiracy.

STS was pretty spicy tonight. Joel tried to head off the brewing Carl Steinbeck allegations that Tim Jansen is "on the take" and is being secretly paid by the Adelsons to parrot their talking points. Now, that allegation is completely baseless and borderline deranged and so Tim Jansen should be given an opportunity to respond. However, Joel went about it in such a weaselly way - he wouldn't use Carl Steinbeck's name but he basically took credit for giving Steinbeck a platform and growing his Youtube Channel.

Karen Cyphers, to her credit, basically forced Joel to "name" Carl Steinbeck and defended Carl's record on predicting the convictions against Charlie. She also questioned how Tim could know that Wendi was seeking advice from some Atlanta attorney who specializes in Kastigar. Fair enough.

But the idea that an attorney who doesn't believe that the State has enough evidence yet to convict Wendi must be "on the take" or "has a hidden agenda" is ludicrous given that the State has not yet charged Wendi. I mean, this is a proposition that is self-evident, not a conspiracy.
Regarding Wendi, not sure if it was tonight's show, but Tim made an interesting point that the State thought it needed Wendi's testimony in the last 3 trials -- primarily for motive. Maybe the State will call Wendi again in Donna's trial. If/when they no longer need her as a witness, maybe she'll be charged. JMO.

Regarding Wendi, not sure if it was tonight's show, but Tim made an interesting point that the State thought it needed Wendi's testimony in the last 3 trials -- primarily for motive. Maybe the State will call Wendi again in Donna's trial. If/when they no longer need her as a witness, maybe she'll be charged. JMO.
Yes, and there is a deep poetic justice in Wendi being forced to testify against her entire crime family until everyone is convicted and she’s the last Adelson standing. And once she’s exhausted her usefulness to the State, they turn their guns on her. That’s my hope. And we are closer than ever to it coming to fruition.

This summary of information is the best read ever!! It helped me piece together questions I had and some info I had forgotten. It has so many "ah-hah's!" I'm going to print it out and refer to it often. (So dont say you haven't been warned ;);).)
This was my first "Ah-hah!" :— Before the murder, he and Wendi had met Katie Magbanua and Charlie Adelson for dinner in Miami, where Katie talked about Sigfredo Garcia’s criminal history, and, after dinner, Charlie bragged about having connections on “both sides of the track.”
So how does this fit into dinner convo? I work the front desk of a dental office and I stay away from my Baby Daddy because he has an extensive criminal record. A really bad dude from the other side of the tracks. BTW, he is at home watching the kids while I'm having dinner with you.
After dinner Charlie brags about his connections?? I am beginning to think CA, WA & KM were already making plans and confirming poor JL was going to be their patsy/sacrificial lamb.

At least three Grand Jury panels have seen the evidences of Dan Markel’s murder thus far. It is a fact that neither of these three panels have had charged Wendi and/or Harvey of 1st degree, conspiracy, and solicitation to commit murder. I have read posts and seen law educated people on YouTube videos affirming that Wendi and Harvey will never be charged.

“Wait a minute”, I say. While the State does not have enough to charge 1st degree, conspiracy, and solicitation to commit murder upon Wendi and Harvey, it appears there are enough evidences to bring lesser charges. Thrice on the witness stand Wendi has contradicted herself, it seems. Perjury is a felony carrying a max of 5 years. The recording of Charlie and Harvey’s secret talk at the Japanese restaurant seems to be an evidence of accessory after the fact (murder) for Harvey, given that Charlie is now convicted of 1st degree murder.

“So, why is the State not acting on those lesser charges?”, I ask. Perhaps because the investigation is continuing (said Georgia) and the State hopes for heavier charges in the future.

New evidences could avail by the day the demand for discovery process is completed in Donna’s case, it seems. For example, a lot of electronic data have been downloaded from Donna’s i phone by now; and, some newly discovered items such as emails might be against Wendi or Harvey therein. And I am going to be bold. It is my expectation that Donna will get into some sort of plea agreement to save her big ego from going to trial. This will happen if only the State gets extra evidence against others.

Toward more Justice For Dan, it is hoped that Wendi and Harvey will be indicted by the start of next year.

Last edited:
Any next court dates for Donna? TIA! :)

Upon arriving in Leon County around 1:30AM on Tuesday, statute required DA make her first appearance in court within 24-48 hours.

Accordingly, on Tuesday, DA appeared before Circuit Judge Jason Jones and ordered Donna Adelson held without bond on the murder charge ($25K bond set for each of the lower charges).

Although it appeared from today's hearing that DA is expected to be arraigned before Judge Everett (Leon County District Court), no date was mentioned but this generally takes place about 3-4 weeks following the first appearance.

It's also possible DA's defense will request another bond hearing for DA's attorney to argue (unsuccessfully) for DA's release on reasonable bail. I also suspect DA will seriously begin lawyer shopping now that she's in Tallahassee. MOO

State Attorney, 2nd Judicial Circuit > Victim Services > Services > Understanding the Criminal Justice System

At least three Grand Jury panels have seen the evidences of Dan Markel’s murder thus far. It is a fact that neither of these three panels have had charged Wendi and/or Harvey of 1st degree, conspiracy, and solicitation to commit murder. I have read posts and seen law educated people on YouTube videos affirming that Wendi and Harvey will never be charged.
Snipped for focus ( & cause obviously I agree with the rest of your post)

But the state wouldn't previously have been taking a presentment to the GJ for cause for Wendi or Harvey in the first place, so why would a GJ indict them?

On the second point, is the missing clause ' ...based on the known evidence as it stands today' or something to that effect?

Or a "friend" of SG/LR is knocking at your door or following you ?
Agree. On top of the rubbishing of the Latin Kings during his trial, she may also be concerned that 'family friends' and people who'd formerly been in contact with the family are now willing to betray confidences to the State's Attorney.

Third risk imo, after Charlie has been sentenced and transferred, the extortion demands for Charlie's protection might also start coming in.

Last edited:

“Wait a minute”, I say. While the State does not have enough to charge 1st degree, conspiracy, and solicitation to commit murder upon Wendi and Harvey, it appears there are enough evidences to bring lesser charges. Thrice on the witness stand Wendi has contradicted herself, it seems. Perjury is a felony carrying a max of 5 years. The recording of Charlie and Harvey’s secret talk at the Japanese restaurant seems to be an evidence of accessory after the fact (murder) for Harvey, given that Charlie is now convicted of 1st degree murder.

“So, why is the State not acting on those lesser charges?”, I ask. Perhaps because the investigation is continuing (said Georgia) and the State hopes for heavier charges in the future.

New evidences could avail by the day the demand for discovery process is completed in Donna’s case, it seems. For example, a lot of electronic data have been downloaded from Donna’s i phone by now; and, some newly discovered items such as emails might be against Wendi or Harvey therein. And I am going to be bold. It is my expectation that Donna will get into some sort of plea agreement to save her big ego from going to trial. This will happen if only the State gets extra evidence against others.

Toward more Justice For Dan, it is hoped that Wendi and Harvey will be indicted by the start of next year.
Wouldn't Wendi, have deleted everything that would implicate her mother on her mothers phone? Even “new” emails and such?

And just as Karen was really making headway, Joel cut her off, protecting TIm. He would never have done that to a man.

Agree. This is the same as social security death benefits the children are receiving where social security pays the benefits to WA for the care of DM's sons.
Could be why she is working only part time now. I’d think she can use the 5K a month towards a mortgage? The boys surely have enough $ for their future with the 2.7 mil life insurance policy. (what a horrible exchange for their fathers life)
Ironic she wanted to move to Miami for better employment and higher salary.

It was indeed cowardly of Joel not to call out Carl. Carl made those comments/accusations about Tim publicly and he should expect a public response. Then when Karen called it out, Joel backtracked a bit saying it wasn’t necessarily about Carl! Huh? Again, cowardly. I think Karen’s comment and Joel’s weasel backtracking upset Tim. I’m getting tired of Tim myself because I’ve been overexposed to him but as an insider he has been a great resource for the audience. I think Joel needs to give him a break! Carl is way outta line imo.

JMO

Agree with both of you. Everyone knew who Joel was talking about, and I think he was trying to not be confrontational. Regardless, the whole thing is ridiculous. Everyone wants the same thing. A’s convicted. At times, I have thought that Tim has sounded like he is giving defense talking points. However, it is important to the dialogue to give other points of view. Mostly, he has been talking about how guilty Charlie and Donna are. But if people are just an echo chamber of not hearing one opposing view, then they will be really upset if W is never charged or if a jury hangs. They will be blindsided when one of those two things might happen because they never listened to anything else other than this is a slam dunk against her. It isn’t. And the fact that she is attractive does matter because look at the Casey Anthony trial.

I think that he probably rushed to be the first to give the news that WA consulted with that Atlanta attorney, and was over-the-top in making that perhaps a bigger issue than it really is in his excitement to be the first to say it. I don’t have a problem that I’m sure he speaks to everyone from both sides up there. He is part of a very small-knit community. He knew that when Donna got arrested. He surely does not have to reveal who he is talking to.

I always loved hearing Carl’s reasons why WendI should be indicted. I enjoyed and subscribed to his channel with his brother. But I actually stopped watching because his rhetoric got too much a couple weeks ago starting with saying that WA could off her and her children over this. Carl has attacked Tim on the air on STS. Going back even a few months ago, he accused him of having secret communications back then. STS has been the best show with having a range of people who are very knowledgeable discussing the issues. It’s ridiculous that it’s getting ruined with now people fighting, taking sides.

I just wish it could go back to how it has been- enjoying their shows with all that the guests have to bring to the table. I just don’t see how Carl ever goes back on that show though now.

Last edited:
And just as Karen was really making headway, Joel cut her off, protecting TIm. He would never have done that to a man.
It’s really interesting to hear that because I actually thought just the opposite. As you can probably tell from my name, I’m a woman :). I actually thought in real time that the only reason he let her go on and on, and she was really going in on them very aggressively, was because she was a woman, the only woman on the panel on that. If it was a man, I think he would’ve cut that off way earlier. I remember thinking exactly the opposite watching that. She was just really going in with such fervor, and that he was letting her because he was being deferential since she was a woman. He was letting her go on & on and then I think he was saying his wife was texting him to reign that attack in because it got to be beyond. Not enjoyable to watch on a show that’s supposed to be enjoyable.

Last edited:
I actually will once in awhile clear off a rolling cart I use for craft and sewing supplies and turn it into a bar cart. It ain’t swanky at all, but it’s still fun! My favorite thing to make in the autumn is an Iowa City Oatmeal meal cookie cocktail. THE BEST! Google the recipe. Sorry OT!

So glad Donna is on her way to Tally!
Thanks for the tips. I have been wanting a "utility cart" on wheels that has a wood top and adjustable legs and you can use it for "projects" (of which I have many, in various stages of non-completion)! That is a great idea. I am making cocktails for Thanksgiving dinner. (Oh, we will be having food, too . . . at some point!) Trader Vic's Samoan Fog Cutter. Will try your Oatmeal Cookie Cocktail, as I'm sure it way healthier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member