GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty positive that the officer was questioned fairly pointedly as to the location of the tape. I think it was CAs trial but I’ve been watching the 1st 2 trials lately so not exactly sure which one. Anyway during his testimony I think he said the tape was 4-5 houses down … he was then reminded of a previous statement where he said it was 2 houses down. He was a little unsure and couldn’t really answer the question if I remember correctly.
It doesn’t really matter because Wendi herself said she could see the tape. Accordihg to maps I have seen, you have to drive pretty far down Trescott before you could see the tape. And the officer said the house could be seen from where the tape was, and that there were law enforcement and emergency vehicles which could also be seen from where the tape was. I am sure they will try to discredit the officer like they did at Charlie’s trial, but I don’t think it will matter, especially if they show maps. Even assuming the tape was 4-5 houses down, the officer testified you could see the house from where the tape was, and Wendi said, on the day of the murder, that she had seen the tape.

It seems the State really works toward a speedy trial for Donna Sue Adelson.

The arraignment is still set for the 12/12/2023 08:30AM /ROOM# 3B but the State has added recent 11/9/2023 – 12/01/2023 Jail Call records in the on going discovery process.

It is amazing that Donna Sue Adelson seems to keep making compromising statements in these Jail calls. These are not privileged Call with her counsel.

I wonder to whom she is talking. It is my hope she talks to Wendi and Harvey in these Jail call records.

It is my hope 2 MORE Justice for Dan Markel are in the making.

Attachments

• jail calls nov - dec 2023.png
    jail calls nov - dec 2023.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 87

The arraignment is still set for the 12/12/2023 08:30AM /ROOM# 3B but the State has added recent 11/9/2023 – 12/01/2023 Jail Call records in the on going discovery process.

It is amazing that Donna Sue Adelson seems to keep making compromising statements in these Jail calls. These are not privileged Call with her counsel.

I wonder to whom she is talking. It is my hope she talks to Wendi and Harvey in these Jail call records.

Yes I didn't expect the inclusion of calls as late as December 1st.
As many as 67 calls selected as relevant. Amazing! ( From 11 November onwards. She was arrested 13 November)

Sadly, I don't believe Wendi is stupid enough to incriminate herself during a jail call but OFC I hope I'm wrong on that and that the shock of Donna's capture destroyed all self-control.

re the 14 Nov search warrant and a detail in there ( screen grabbed below)

The item seems to be more specific and detailed than previously made public.

Already public:
- KM proffer 1 & 2 already been released to public ( Not No.3) moldy money etc
- KM testimony at the last trial ( iirc - maybe it had been washed by DA)

Does anybody recall
- KM saying that CA told her prior to 18th July that it had been washed?
- Also that he'd stated it had been washed at ' their condo'
- Also, which condo in July 2014 ? ( prior to Icon)

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.42.40.png

ETA: It would take too long for me to go find the timestamp of the KM testimony to substantiate my recollection of what KM speculated, so the Tally Democrat's reporting will have to do

'She said it was moldy and thought perhaps that his parents had literally washed it.' Magbanua flips: Web of lies and phone records dominate Day 3 of Charlie Adelson trial

the proffers are not in post-able links

Last edited:
Oh my, incriminating jail calls from DA, lots and lots of them, in a short time. Talk about being the icing on the cake! Hoping, with quiet confidence, for information incriminating HA and WA. I'm hoping for a judicial domino, one thing leading to the next. Finally

I’m pretty positive that the officer was questioned fairly pointedly as to the location of the tape. I think it was CAs trial but I’ve been watching the 1st 2 trials lately so not exactly sure which one. Anyway during his testimony I think he said the tape was 4-5 houses down … he was then reminded of a previous statement where he said it was 2 houses down. He was a little unsure and couldn’t really answer the question if I remember correctly.
I don't know what prudent mother would turn her car around and drive away when encountering a police road block on the street her children spent the night.

TPD Officer Brannon testimony from the 2nd day of CA's trial:

10:22 a.m.: Jury returns from a brief break, prosecution calls Brannon to the stand​

The prosecution calls TPD Officer Bill Brannon to the stand. He responded to the scene of Dan Markel’s murder on Trescott Drive in 2014.

His patrol car was blocking Trescott Drive near Centerville Road that day, he said.

“From the roadblock where you were positioned, could you see the crime scene?” the prosecutor asked.

“Yes,” he said.

She asked if it would have been obvious to someone approaching him that law enforcement was at the Markel house, and he said yes.

The defense objected, citing speculation, and Circuit Judge Stephen Everett sustained the motion.

Cappleman projected an image of a red Honda Odyssey on a screen and asked Brannon if the car approached his roadblock on Trescott Drive that day.

“It appears to be a vehicle I saw approaching the scene that day,” he said.

He said he was familiar with that type of car. His wife used to drive the same model, and now his daughter does, the officer testified.

Brannon told the jury the car didn’t stop or ask about the crime scene.

The defense briefly cross-examined Brannon, saying a forensic investigator on the scene estimated the roadblock was five to six cars away from Markel’s home, while Brannon said it was three or four cars away.

Cappleman returned for questioning, and asked him, regardless of the number of houses, was the crime scene and home visible where the roadblock was.

Brannon said it was visible from his viewpoint.

Then, he was released from the court, meaning he won’t be asked to testify again.

Stupid question - but is the assumption that the calls contain something incriminating? All 67 of them??

Stupid question - but is the assumption that the calls contain something incriminating? All 67 of them??
67 calls referenced, from 11 November onwards. She was arrested 13 November.

11-13 Nov. How many calls pre-arrest to Charlie? Unknown.
13 Nov - Dec 1st . Proportion of calls to others, apart from Charlie. Unknown.

what do we already know about Charlie's calls, after his conviction but in the week prior to Donna's arrest?
86 apparently. ( CA-DA)

So, am assuming a proportion of the 67 must be related to fleeing (and suicide)
No idea what the next batch are about ( Leading up to 1st Dec. To Harvey, Wendy, other acquaintances and friends??? )

Last edited:
67 calls referenced, from 11 November onwards. She was arrested 13 November.

11-13 Nov. How many calls pre-arrest to Charlie? Unknown.
13 Nov - Dec 1st . Proportion of calls to others, apart from Charlie. Unknown.

what do we already know about Charlie's calls, after his conviction but in the week prior to Donna's arrest?
86 apparently. ( CA-DA)

So, am assuming a proportion of the 67 must be related to fleeing (and suicide)
No idea what the next batch are about ( Leading up to 1st Dec. To Harvey, Wendy, other acquaintances and friends??? )

Interesting! So DA can’t speak with any potential witnesses… that eliminates WA and HA at least. And she’s not able to speak with CA right? And her attorney convos are private, so I wonder who she’s talking to on all those calls after Nov 13. ??

Interesting! So DA can’t speak with any potential witnesses… that eliminates WA and HA at least. And she’s not able to speak with CA right? And her attorney convos are private, so I wonder who she’s talking to on all those calls after Nov 13. ??
Your guess is as good as mine

at that first appearance in Leon County , 21 Nov, she was only limited by....

'Jones told Adelson she couldn't contact the victim's family, any co-defendants or any witnesses listed in the probable cause affidavit of her arrest.' No bond: Donna Adelson has first hearing in Leon County in Dan Markel murder case

probable cause aff - arrest - no witnesses listed
Donna Adelson’s arrest papers detail suicide, ‘getting things in order’ and plan to flee following son Charlie’s murder conviction

OTOH:
Later published witness list. HA & WA are listed as Cat A witnesses but only on state's demand for discovery

Your guess is as good as mine

at that first appearance in Leon County , 21 Nov, she was only limited by....

'Jones told Adelson she couldn't contact the victim's family, any co-defendants or any witnesses listed in the probable cause affidavit of her arrest.' No bond: Donna Adelson has first hearing in Leon County in Dan Markel murder case

probable cause aff - arrest - no witnesses listed
Donna Adelson’s arrest papers detail suicide, ‘getting things in order’ and plan to flee following son Charlie’s murder conviction

OTOH:
Later published witness list. HA & WA are listed as Cat A witnesses but only on state's demand for discovery
Ah ha…. Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member