GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Mentour Lawyer also said the same, he speculated that Rashbaum covered so many topics on cross for the same reason.

he's also done an update on Kastigar but it's at the very tail end of his video on Wendy's Isom interview
Interesting. That makes sense about Rashbaum's cross. Maybe trying to use Kastigar more as a sword than a shield. I'm sure Georgia picked up on this. JMO.

Interesting. That makes sense about Rashbaum's cross. Maybe trying to use Kastigar more as a sword than a shield. I'm sure Georgia picked up on this. JMO.
Still not seeing how the state would want to use anything she said, because to me it was all completely self-serving and could never lead them to any evidence they might want to use. But, hey, let them try to raise it, it might delay the proceedings for a while, if that’s what they’re after. Definitely not “years and years“, as some have said. What are they going to argue, that the state can’t bring up the fact that the store clerk complimented her on her eyes? That the state can’t bring up the fact that Donna made banana bread?

yes i recall that and if the prosecutors wanted to do that again they would have to put Wendi on close surveillance , just because of the stunt Harvey & Donna pulled. (It appears that if it hadn't been for the tip-off, they'd have already been in Dubai or Vietnam)
I think this is a somewhat likely scenario.

Still not seeing how the state would want to use anything she said, because to me it was all completely self-serving and could never lead them to any evidence they might want to use. But, hey, let them try to raise it, it might delay the proceedings for a while, if that’s what they’re after. Definitely not “years and years“, as some have said. What are they going to argue, that the state can’t bring up the fact that the store clerk complimented her on her eyes? That the state can’t bring up the fact that Donna made banana bread?
Ok... I was only commenting about how Kastigar might be affecting Wendi's testimony. Was not commenting about the State's case or whether a Kastigar defense might succeed.

Ok... I was only commenting about how Kastigar might be affecting Wendi's testimony. Was not commenting about the State's case or whether a Kastigar defense might succeed.
Yeah, I get why they would try to get her to say stuff so the state couldn’t use it. But it didn’t work. They got her to say stuff, alright, but nothing the state could use.

I think the reason why WA isn't under arrest is a strategic one, not because they don't have a strong enough case. DA wasn't going to be arrested when she was, her attempt to flee the country forced the State's hand. So I think they are just biding their time. A few people have pointed out, they could be waiting till after Xmas, for the sake of the boys. They could also be waiting to interview DA and reinterview CA prior to his sentencing to see if they have anything to say. I don't think the State needs to offer up any deals, but if they're cute about it, they could get WA and save themselves a lot of time and money on DA's trial. e.g they offer to giver DA a lighter sentence if CA rolls on WA. 100% he would take this, if it means he can save his Mum. I'm sure he's already been informed about how much she is struggling in jail. None of us want to see DA get a light sentence, but lets but real, if she gets 10 years (which is very light IMO) she gets out at 83. But there is very little chance with her fragile mind and aging body she makes it that far. It might sound appealing to her and CA though?
Hanukah is early this year! So if they’re waiting for the winter holiday, it could be soon.

I think I recall Ruth Markel being interviewed recently and she said a visit was scheduled for December. Hanukkah is from Dec. 7-14.
interesting.

I know Wendi previously allowed a visit for the optics of it- because a trial was imminent and she was due to testify - but who here believes that this visit is going to go ahead?

I’m trying to imagine being the person having to go line by line through Wendi’s testimony when they’re drafting up the filing of charges…I imagine GC will be making sure there will be no holes to be poked.

I didn’t know this till recently, GC is an FSU alumni, Jeff Lacasse is an FSU professor too (gee Wendi didn’t stray too far from the local pond did she?? ) and so is SA Jack Campbell! It’s got to be so cathartic as fellow Noles to see the Adelsons land themselves behind bars, one by one.

That just makes me realize what an epic mistake it was for the Adelsons to use their Miami attorneys and Rashbaum from NY. They “tried that in a small town” and they continue to suffer the consequences, love that for them.

I think WA will let the visit happen. I think she needs to randomize the pattern of visits to be able to claim that there was nothing punitive in her behavior around Markel visits with the boys. It is probably too late to establish that in a way that negates the cruel way they were treated after Dan's death. I think WA will try to draw a sharp line between herself and CA and DA, and if being nice to the Markels accomplishes that goal, then I think she might entertain the idea. On some level, WA knows she has to separate herself from the CA and DA train cars. She is watching the cars in front of her go over the cliff, and I think she is coming to the realization that she can go over that same cliff, or cut them loose.

Does anyone think WA would be feeling so desperate that she and DA and HA made plans for WA & the boys to reunite “safely” elsewhere? I don’t think so really but it makes me wonder.
Also regarding Rob, WA said in the police interview I think it was, and then CA when he was on the stand, that Rob and his family came down for HA’s 70th b-day party. That was so surprising to me as I thought they were completely estranged. He was on some podcast talking about the family. Would love to listen to that but I don’t know where it is. JMO

Does anyone think WA would be feeling so desperate that she and DA and HA made plans for WA & the boys to reunite “safely” elsewhere? I don’t think so really but it makes me wonder.
Also regarding Rob, WA said in the police interview I think it was, and then CA when he was on the stand, that Rob and his family came down for HA’s 70th b-day party. That was so surprising to me as I thought they were completely estranged. He was on some podcast talking about the family. Would love to listen to that but I don’t know where it is. JMO
On the podcast, he did talk about how he HAD spoken to them since the murder. So the complete estrangement might not have happened until after the murder. So he might have come to H’s bday.

ETA- on one of the tapes, Donna and Charlie talk about Rob, how he never tells them when he is going to be in Ft. Lauderdale. She says that they drove to visit Rob when he and his family were in Naples (on the West Coast of Florida). She talks about how he is distant when he talks to her, how she talks to his wife sometimes. So there was some communication after the murder and prior to the arrests in 2016.

On the podcast, he did talk about how he HAD spoken to them since the murder. So the complete estrangement might not have happened until after the murder. So he might have come to H’s bday.

ETA- on one of the tapes, Donna and Charlie talk about Rob, how he never tells them when he is going to be in Ft. Lauderdale. She says that they drove to visit Rob when he and his family were in Naples (on the West Coast of Florida). She talks about how he is distant when he talks to her, how she talks to his wife sometimes. So there was some communication after the murder and prior to the arrests in 2016.
I thought he became estranged once he upset WA by asking too many questions about DM's murder. I think he was asking too many difficult questions of her.

That site says last sold in 2015 so I bet that it is from sale of their home at that time (just a guess though). It would make sense that they moved in 2015 and I would bet it had to do with getting the boys into the best schools available...still just my guess.
Yes I think it must be.

Was just looking for a podcast for WS-er Misy and came across this photo of Wendi in the podcast.
Same wall background & glimpse of the fire. ( Also a tennis court can be seen in the exterior shots. In that new Miami Herald piece, it says that Harvey installed a tennis court when Rob showed an interest in tennis)
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...W-14th-Ct_Coral-Springs_FL_33071_M62848-83695 Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 19.30.39.png

' The couple bought a five-bedroom home on a cul de sac in Coral Springs. When their son Robert expressed an interest in tennis, Harvey installed a tennis court in the backyard.'

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article282527083.html#storylink=cpy

Yes I think it must be.

Was just looking for a podcast for WS-er Misy and came across this photo of Wendi in the podcast.
Same wall background & glimpse of the fire. ( Also a tennis court can be seen in the exterior shots. In that new Miami Herald piece, it says that Harvey installed a tennis court when Rob showed an interest in tennis)
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...W-14th-Ct_Coral-Springs_FL_33071_M62848-83695 View attachment 465658

' The couple bought a five-bedroom home on a cul de sac in Coral Springs. When their son Robert expressed an interest in tennis, Harvey installed a tennis court in the backyard.'

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article282527083.html#storylink=cpy
I think they officially moved in 2015 but they may have been spending time in Charlie’s beach condo as well before they officially moved. Interesting that the house, according to the listing, is within walking distance of an elementary school and has 5 bedrooms, more than enough for Wendi and the boys to each have their own. (In the pictures, one of the rooms appears to be for a young child, maybe the boys?). It’s probably near the same elementary school Wendi went to. But they sold it and moved to a two-bedroom condo, one for H&D and one for W and the boys, also across from an elementary school. I think, but of course don’t know, that W must have wanted to be in a more sophisticated and happening, less suburban place to work and meet successful eligible men, and they may have liked the neighborhood from when they stayed at Charlie’s place.

Last edited:
I think they officially moved in 2015 but they may have been spending time in Charlie’s beach condo as well before they officially moved. Interesting that the house, according to the listing, is within walking distance of an elementary school and has 5 bedrooms, more than enough for Wendi and the boys to each have their own. (In the pictures, one of the rooms appears to be for a young child, maybe the boys?). It’s probably near the same elementary school Wendi went to. But they sold it and moved to a two-bedroom condo, one for H&D and one for W and the boys, also across from an elementary school. I think, but of course don’t know, that W must have wanted to be in a more sophisticated and happening, less suburban place to work and meet men, and they may have liked the neighborhood from when they stayed at Charlie’s place.
I think that photo of Wendi is pretty old. Could have been taken in the noughties ( It appears in a documentary where they are covering her engagement)
The piano is also in the pix - you mentioned one recently - so I think this is definitely their furniture and styling. ( Their formative and family years would've been 80s? Style evocative of that period)

I think that photo of Wendi is pretty old. Could have been taken in the noughties ( It appears in a documentary where they are covering her engagement)
The piano is also in the pix - you mentioned one recently - so I think this is definitely their furniture and styling. ( Their formative and family years would've been 80s? Style evocative of that period)
Dbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members