GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long-ish article in the Miami Herald about the Adelson family.

I don't think there's much new info here for veteran trial watchers, but I did find this bit interesting:

Former neighbors won’t talk. Donna’s friends seemed to have disappeared. Their former rabbi, who was contacted by the Herald, also declined to speak about a family that was part of their temple for years. The Herald was unsuccessful in reaching her defense attorney.

Also, I'm not sure if the below picture has been previously published. I've never seen it before.image.jpeg

Re listening to WA initial interview with the detective. Shortly after learning Dan has been shot, WA says,
" he wouldn't do this to himself" more than once.... implying suicide. She had no info, nor did she ask, where he was shot. Did she have 1st hand knowledge he was shot in the head

I don't think there's much new info here for veteran trial watchers, but I did find this bit interesting:

Former neighbors won’t talk. Donna’s friends seemed to have disappeared. Their former rabbi, who was contacted by the Herald, also declined to speak about a family that was part of their temple for years. The Herald was unsuccessful in reaching her defense attorney.

Also, I'm not sure if the below picture has been previously published. I've never seen it before.View attachment 465395

Good looking family but looks are deceiving.

Speculation re possible additional evidence the State may have:

Lunch friends: Wendi said she often met her friends on Friday. How often? Where did they usually meet? How unusual was it for last minute plans to be made? What was Wendi’s affect like at the lunch? (Possibility that last minute arrangements were because tv repair guy came/left early and she then hastily arranged some kind of alibi witnesses — not just computer records — for later)?

TV repair guy: can he definitively state that it was DA (not Wendi) who made the appointment? (Not sure that has been established yet?) What was Wendi’s affect like that morning? What was she doing while he was there? Anything odd?

Just my random thoughts and wonderings. JMO.
snipped by me

Can only help with the item in bold above

TV repair man stated that she seemed really upset that day, when Georgia asks about that wendi first can't remember and then she either 'recovers' or recalls her script and claims it was about swimming.

Worth watching a few minutes either side of the clip
(She also accepts it was a last minute lunch, which she was querying during the Isom interview)

Last edited:
Thanks for that link @ch_13

Benjamin Graber is all over it
'....the only person who has gone public with support for the Adelsons'

'Harvey acted as a treasurer for one of Graber’s election campaigns, and was also involved in supporting a new school of dentistry at Nova Southeastern University.'

“I’ve been watching this from afar and waiting for someone to speak up. Finally, I felt I had to say something,” said Graber. “This is just impossible. They would never have done this.”“They are what I would call a ‘five-star’ family.”

Graber said. “Harvey is like in a daze, teary eyed, choking up. He told me ‘I don’t know what’s going on here, but I can tell you this – none of it is true.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article282527083.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Lunch friends: Wendi said she often met her friends on Friday. How often? Where did they usually meet? How unusual was it for last minute plans to be made? What was Wendi’s affect like at the lunch? (Possibility that last minute arrangements were because tv repair guy came/left early and she then hastily arranged some kind of alibi witnesses — not just computer records — for later)?

TV repair guy: can he definitively state that it was DA (not Wendi) who made the appointment? (Not sure that has been established yet?) What was Wendi’s affect like that morning? What was she doing while he was there? Anything odd?

Any friends she called on her bourbon-Trescott-Mosaic journey: how unusual was the interaction?

WA cell data: does the download verify her testimony that she frequently deletes messages? I think it came out during testimony that she deleted a message that day — were any other messages deleted?

one of the lunch friends, Silberman, is on the witness list.

Any friends she called on her bourbon-Trescott-Mosaic journey: how unusual was the interaction?

WA cell data: does the download verify her testimony that she frequently deletes messages? I think it came out during testimony that she deleted a message that day — were any other messages deleted?

DBM

snipped by me

Can only help with the item in bold above

TV repair man stated that she seemed really upset that day, when Georgia asks about that wendi first can't remember and then she either 'recovers' or recalls her script and claims it was about swimming.

Worth watching a few minutes either side of the clip
(She also accepts it was a last minute lunch, which she was querying during the Isom interview)

Yes, I know it was a last minute lunch plan -- interested in the friends' perspective on it. And would like to know first hand from first repair guy about that morning.

Last edited:

Also, I'm not sure if the below picture has been previously published. I've never seen it before.View attachment 465395
This photo is everything.

About how she said he wouldn’t do this to himself, maybe she was told they would make it look like a suicide? she didn’t know that they didn’t find the gun, or that they shot him through the windshield. That’s all I can think of to explain it.

About how she said he wouldn’t do this to himself, maybe she was told they would make it look like a suicide? she didn’t know that they didn’t find the gun, or that they shot him through the windshield. That’s all I can think of to explain it.
It struck me as a diversion tactic. Trying to take a turn off course...JMO.

mini- me s
( Except for Rob who's old enough to choose his own clothing)
Why are all of them dressed up but Wendi is wearing a scrunchie and like some kind of vest and a t-shirt? This looks like a special family occasion. To me she doesn’t fit. And why does Charlie look so different? The rest look the same, but I wouldn’t have recognized him. Wendi is almost taller than him in the picture, but she’s younger.

Florida Politics has an article about Graber. All is not as it seems with him, according to the article.
Liking the title of the article too

'Ben Graber reconnects with Adelson Family after long hiatus to field test nonsensical new defense theory'

'Graber represented himself as a friend of the Adelson family for 40 years. Not so.

Graber had no personal contact with the Adelson family for decades — 25-plus years — prior to penning this misguided attestation of their collective innocence. In fact, before Graber reached out to Harvey last week to offer his “assistance,” he had to contact another person to get Harvey’s number.'

vs Graber in Miami Hearld
'
That makes it hard for Graber, who knew the Adelsons for 40 years, to fathom how a family he considered pillars of the community would be at the center of the most notorious murder-for-hire plot in Florida in the last decade.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article282527083.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
It must have stuck out to the cops right away as an odd thing to say. I thought they told her he had “been shot.” That doesn’t sound like what they would say if it was a suicide.
Yes, Isom seemed to pause when she offered her suicide not possible idea. I think she said it twice. I think he tried to cut off her not helpful suicide talk. Seemed like he didn't want to reveal too much evidence but said wtte someone intentionally shot Danny.

Yes, Isom seemed to pause when she offered her suicide not possible idea. I think she said it twice. I think he tried to cut off her not helpful suicide talk. Seemed like he didn't want to reveal too much evidence but said wtte someone intentionally shot Danny.
And then she asks if they will come after her kids and he says there’s no reason to think that. But she keeps bringing it up, she says she’s so afraid, she even says it to Jane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87