GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM and BBM -

If you go to www.sunbiz.org and look him up, apparently he's created an LLC for each property owned. Quite a collection.
Yeah, the financial records of these people are interesting, IMO. In that recent discovery order, there is info on the bank accounts for the A family. It seems to indicate that each one had multiple bank accounts alone and with the other parties, in various combinations.

Strange that a guy like CA with his $ would drive a Ferrari and not own a more upscale property close to the beach.
The only thing I can see that Whale Harbor offers is easy access to I-95 which Charlie would be using daily in work travels.

The Whale Harbor prop likely has deeded access to the canal behind the house with eventual access to the New River
and Ft Lauderdale beach. But that's a long boat ride.
Agree. Very surprised. Also, at of his purchase, prices were much more reasonable than they are now after Covid. Prices have gone through the roof . I agree with Joel in what he said- it's a surprising neighborhood & home for a guy making 3 mil a year. Not bad, it's just there are so many other areas you'd expect with that cash flow. I know that whole area very well.

Agree. Very surprised. Also, at of his purchase, prices were much more reasonable than they are now after Covid. Prices have gone through the roof . I agree with Joel in what he said- it's a surprising neighborhood & home for a guy making 3 mil a year. Not bad, it's just there are so many other areas you'd expect with that cash flow. I know that whole area very well.

When I lived in Broward, access to a deep water canal was a huge premium that larger boat owners would pay. It wasn't uncommon to have an average house on such a canal along with a $500K boat docked outside. Clearly they were splitting their payments across the house and the boat.

Last edited:
This would be big if it's the SG murder weapon but I'm wondering why this wouldn't have been publicized. Madison County would have been on their route back to Miami.
In the old Chuck Collins interview ( Judy of AALegal Focus, maybe a year old?) he said that during the treks to scour bridges and rivers, LE did find a gun at one point, albeit an unrelated gun after a river search.

Last edited:
Mentour Lawyer has re- uploaded the full Tamara Demko interview if anybody hasn't seen it.
It's from July 19th 2014 and she'd been at Wendi's on the 18th and the 19th.

Especially worth watching if you ever thought Harvey was involved in the plan, from the outset

Sister of Kath Magbanua ( She's inside for employer embezzlement or similar. @Seattle1 added a link about her convictions a couple of weeks ago, although I wouldn't be able to re-find Seattle's post now. )
Re old bf - who do you mean? If you just add initials, I'll be able to work that out

BTW is there anybody here with the state's old discovery witness list for Charlie's prosecution? Just wanted to compare who was new on the State's Nov 2023 provisional list for Donna.
It's always nice to have family close by.

This would be big if it's the SG murder weapon but I'm wondering why this wouldn't have been publicized. Madison County would have been on their route back to Miami.
I recall there was a weapon recovered when investigators were talking with LR (he took them to several bridges) but I believe the condition was such that it had been underwater for decades rather than a couple of years.

Also, I think "weapon recovered" versus "the weapon" has been put before every grand jury -- typical padding of evidence by a prosecution. JMO

Sister of Kath Magbanua ( She's inside for employer embezzlement or similar. @Seattle1 added a link about her convictions a couple of weeks ago, although I wouldn't be able to re-find Seattle's post now. )
Re old bf - who do you mean? If you just add initials, I'll be able to work that out

BTW is there anybody here with the state's old discovery witness list for Charlie's prosecution? Just wanted to compare who was new on the State's Nov 2023 provisional list for Donna.
Actually, it was KM's sister-in-law (Samantha). I don't think KM has any sisters -- only brothers.

SIL said KM introduced her to a 'healer' that she ended up sending the guru $600K of the stolen funds! I have no doubt that KM wasn't receiving a kickback from the healer -- no doubt whatsoever. KM is well greased scammer. JMO

I'd forgotten who decides punishment in Florida but was reminded that similar to Federal Courts, the State Court uses a felony scorecard to determine where in the State wide sentencing guideline range the defendant falls.

In comparison to State Statutes that for example, mandate life in prison for murder, sentencing via the scorecard and sentencing ranges can often times come off as brutally unfair. WA State also uses a scorecard and I personally find it difficult for a first time murderer with a score of zero to fall on the low side of the range and be sentenced to only 130 months (10.8 years) for murder! (See the link below for more on understanding the Florida scorecard).

It seems that only in cases for capital murder does the jury decide punishment (which can be overruled by the Court). And as of April 2023, a unanimous vote by the jury is no longer required for the death penalty after the state legislature passed a bill allowing a judge to impose death if at least eight out of twelve jurors agree.

O/T-- During CA's trial, I was also watching a Texas trial (Kaitlin Armstrong convicted of Murder-1) where Texas gives a defendant the option to choose the jury to determine the defendant's punishment versus the Court (default).

Mentour Lawyer has re- uploaded the full Tamara Demko interview if anybody hasn't seen it.
It's from July 19th 2014 and she'd been at Wendi's on the 18th and the 19th.

Especially worth watching if you ever thought Harvey was involved in the plan, from the outset
This was a great interview. Tamara was a great friend to Dan and was spot-on from day 1. Today I've been replaying FF Wiretaps Playlist. Ughhhhh ... someone put me out of my misery! The that both CA + KM spew (spue?) is mind numbing. If I hear the word "like, one more time, I may vomit!! (spew!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC