GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

11/29/23

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (COURT TV) — Charlie Adelson reportedly made 86 calls to his mother in the days following his conviction and leading up to her arrest.

According to the Tallahassee Democrat, in the seven-day span between Charlie Adelson’s Nov. 6. murder conviction and Donna Adelson‘s Nov. 13 arrest, Charlie spent 2,118 minutes — which is 35 hours — on the phone with Donna and/or whoever was using her iPhone.

11/29/23

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (COURT TV) — Charlie Adelson reportedly made 86 calls to his mother in the days following his conviction and leading up to her arrest.

According to the Tallahassee Democrat, in the seven-day span between Charlie Adelson’s Nov. 6. murder conviction and Donna Adelson‘s Nov. 13 arrest, Charlie spent 2,118 minutes — which is 35 hours — on the phone with Donna and/or whoever was using her iPhone.
It must be killing him not being able to talk to her

Strange that a guy like CA with his $ would drive a Ferrari and not own a more upscale property close to the beach.
The only thing I can see that Whale Harbor offers is easy access to I-95 which Charlie would be using daily in work travels.

The Whale Harbor prop likely has deeded access to the canal behind the house with eventual access to the New River
and Ft Lauderdale beach. But that's a long boat ride.
Charlie had a lot of investment properties as well, I believe, and he rented some them out. I believe that he also, at some point, either bought or rented a weekend bachelor pad on South Beach in a really nice luxury condo building that his parents used as well. So if he wanted to show off an upscale place near the beach, he had that, too.

(Digression: I say this about the beach condo because there was a text shown at trial where Donna asks him if he will be using the apartment that weekend. This was before the parents moved to the Icon full time, I believe. I think they didn’t move there full time until Wendi moved down and they sold the Coral Springs house. Anyway, if I heard correctly, Katie testified that the photo of her and Wendi on the beach was taken at that other building, not the Icon.)

I really think he just didn’t care how nice his house was as long as it had a place to dock his boat and a pool, all of which would probably impress the kind of people he hung out with. He was a young playboy, so he probably thought he didn’t need much more than a place to crash. He was working all the time and not spending a lot of time at home.

Remember, this is a guy who evidence shows refers to buying a house as getting married and says he doesn’t want to do either thing. I think the Whale Harbor property suited his purposes just fine. He spent money on other things, cars, travel, the swanky weekend beach pad etc.

Last edited:
[...]
On behalf of Donna, Marissel Descalzo should:
1. Waive the reading of information and indictment - Florida RCP 3.160(a)
2. Write a Not Guilty Plea - Florida RCP 3.170
3. Participated in Discovery Process - Florida RCP 3.220, and
4. Request cancellation of the arraignment of 12/12/2023.
Events are running fast and concurrently in Donna Adelson’s case:
1. Search warrants are on-going
2. Arraignment is still scheduled for 12/12/2023
3. But the Discovery Process has already started!
I wonder what drives the unusual chronology in the court’s docket.
Could it be the case that Donna Adelson does not help her Attorneys building a vigorous defense in a timely manner.
Or, could it be the case that the State hastens their steps toward future objectives.
For whatever the reason, I foresee a speedy trial (absent ad hoc occurrence) for Donna Adelson, as opposed to the 18 months continuance in Charles Adelson’s case.

IMHO, a speedy trial is better given (a) the preparedness of the State after three related priors, and (b) the long 9 years of anguish endured by Dan Markel's friends and family.
MORE Justice for Dan Markel.

Question about KM. She’s filing an appeal (or maybe has already filed it?) …. Now saying she’s innocent. This is per her recent testimony in CA’s trial… during cross. What were the grounds for the appeal? Does anyone know? TIA

what exactly happened in 2016? Leo wanted them arrested. I know Meggs prevented it but what were the details if you know?
Good summary at the link below.

I think that the recent arrest of DA was not necessarily due to new evidence but more experience in 2023 with the evidence and how the killing went down than in 2016. A good prosecutor knows they only get one bite at the apple, and there's no statute of limitations on murder.

Question about KM. She’s filing an appeal (or maybe has already filed it?) …. Now saying she’s innocent. This is per her recent testimony in CA’s trial… during cross. What were the grounds for the appeal? Does anyone know? TIA

KM filed her appeal on 1/19/23 and her initial brief on 9/20/23. The Court granted the appellant a 60 day extension of time to 12/19/23 to file answer brief.

(The entire file 5K+ pages is available at the link below).

In summary, the appellant provides the following grounds for the appeal .. (when all else fails, blame WA):

1701410829188.png

1701410925607.png

Talking about CA’s house:

SBM

I agree completely.

What surprised me the most was the kitchen. That is not a playboy’s kitchen. It is not a wanna-be gangsta’s kitchen. It is certainly not a maestro’s kitchen.

It’s a little old lady’s kitchen! I wonder what person in his life could possibly have influenced that…
Omg I thought the same thing about his kitchen! LOL! When I saw it - I thought “no way!”

In the DA criminal case, filed 11/30/23: State's Answer for Demand for Discovery and Demand for Notice of Alibi.

CLEARSKIES1 Just when I thought I was tired enough to get some sleep, I saw the attachment you provided..OMG!! Can hardly wait: June is Category A witness..very interesting. And who is Sammantha M listed as inmate#C50274??? (yep same last name as KM! This just gets curious by the day.) Lots of familiar names on those pages...even an old bf.
G'night.

CLEARSKIES1 Just when I thought I was tired enough to get some sleep, I saw the attachment you provided..OMG!! Can hardly wait: June is Category A witness..very interesting. And who is Sammantha M listed as inmate#C50274??? (yep same last name as KM! This just gets curious by the day.) Lots of familiar names on those pages...even an old bf.
G'night.
Sister of Kath Magbanua ( She's inside for employer embezzlement or similar. @Seattle1 added a link about her convictions a couple of weeks ago, although I wouldn't be able to re-find Seattle's post now. )
Re old bf - who do you mean? If you just add initials, I'll be able to work that out

BTW is there anybody here with the state's old discovery witness list for Charlie's prosecution? Just wanted to compare who was new on the State's Nov 2023 provisional list for Donna.

Last edited:
Youtube channel True Lifestyles got hold of cell check logs for DA and goes over what was on them in her four minute video. FWIW in one cell check she was reported naked in her cell singing.
FWIW, just want to add that having seen a few suicide watch logs in the past, that this one - imo- isn't particularly dramatic and the way the log is written is sequential.
For example - Not meant to be interpreted as singing while naked.

Of course she might end up that way, given time.

G'night.
There’s a reference to a gun recovered.

Charlie had a lot of investment properties as well, I believe, and he rented some them out. I believe that he also, at some point, either bought or rented a weekend bachelor pad on South Beach in a really nice luxury condo building that his parents used as well. So if he wanted to show off an upscale place near the beach, he had that, too.

RSBM and BBM -

If you go to www.sunbiz.org and look him up, apparently he's created an LLC for each property owned. Quite a collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee