GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case screams "obsessed" on so many levels...and I'll take obsessed sleuth every time! I spent countless (more than CA spent talking to DA) hours relistening and reading. First WA's police station "talk." (BTW the first and last time she ever spoke to LE without attorney representation....hmmmm.)
"Danny didn't treat me well and I'm so scared that maybe someone did this, not because they hate Danny--and I think they thought it was good somehow."
WA was smart, solved the case faster than JL. Motive, aloof killer (someone who didn't know him?) & relationship all in one sentence.
Just…who would say something like this, unless they actively wanted the police to think it was someone she knew who did it for her? And why would she have wanted the police to think that? In my opinion she was setting Charlie up. It’s weird.

My gut tells me that WA was totally unprepared for Isom descending on her at Mosaic, being driven to the police station, the request for her phone ... and she unraveled. JMO and speculation.
That may be true. But she does sound, to me, like she has things she wants to get across to him. I think she may have been prepared to talk to police at some point, but she may have thought she would have more control over how and when. She definitely seems to me to be surprised with how they picked her up and took her with them. Perhaps she thought they would call her in or something. Or come to her house. The affidavit for the search warrant of Harvey’s phone says that while on the scene after the murder, they found out about the divorce and then began trying to locate her. They also saw her car, or a car that looked like hers, drive by the scene, and they were looking out for it. By the time they got to her at the lunch, they already knew a lot. She probably didn’t anticipate all that. Isom doesn’t let on that he knows anything at all, he lets her tell him about the divorce and she spontaneously volunteered that she drove down Trescott. When she gets to that, he presses her on why. Because he was prepared. Police don’t do anything that’s not on purpose.

Last edited:
Well part-time gyno's opinion piece made it to Yahoo news. BTW, it doesn't get any easier to read it again...I tried, ugh! (As stated previously, anyone can write a fairytale.) But take time to read the comments...I think some of them should be members of WS.
So this great loyal, loving, matriarch of a successful family....literally dumps her son the same day he is convicted and makes plans with her husband to flee the country? I have imagined DA using the speaker of her cell phone as she assured CA for 30+ hours (in her soothing oil slick voice) we love you and will fight like crazy to get you exonerated, while packing her suit case and nodding to HA when he holds up the shirts he should take.
And, and, and this case was NEVER about CA's obsession for KM...he literally dumped her 6 weeks after the murder. It was about the money and controlling other people. CA /DA have an evil request. Katie sets the price, Katie finds the killers, Katie delivers the payout the morning after she and CA celebrate with xanax and sex.
final sentences in one of those comments

' In any event, his opinions are meaningless. Responsible adults will sort this out.'

You guys remember how Charlie stated that he has a lot of Adelson relatives during the trial? Well, the Adelson Family is buying the majority stake in the Dallas Mavericks from Mark Cuban. I don't know if there's any relation--just thought it was interesting. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

You guys remember how Charlie stated that he has a lot of Adelson relatives during the trial? Well, the Adelson Family is buying the majority stake in the Dallas Mavericks from Mark Cuban. I don't know if there's any relation--just thought it was interesting. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.
Different Adelson entirely.

That may be true. But she does sound, to me, like she has things she wants to get across to him. I think she may have been prepared to talk to police at some point, but she may have thought she would have more control over how and when. She definitely seems to me to be surprised with how they picked her up and took her with them. Perhaps she thought they would call her in or something. Or come to her house. The affidavit for the search warrant of Harvey’s phone says that while on the scene after the murder, they found out about the divorce and then began trying to locate her. They also saw her car, or a car that looked like hers, drive by the scene, and they were looking out for it. By the time they got to her at the lunch, they already knew a lot. She probably didn’t anticipate all that. Isom doesn’t let on that he knows anything at all, he lets her tell him about the divorce and she spontaneously volunteered that she drove down Trescott. When she gets to that, he presses her on why. Because he was prepared. Police don’t do anything that’s not on purpose.
Yes, sounds like you agree with me. If she knew about the plot she would certainly expect to be called by LE. But not prepared for Isom at lunch, phone request, car towing. They were all over her. JMO.

Yes, sounds like you agree with me. If she knew about the plot she would certainly expect to be called by LE. But not prepared for Isom at lunch, phone request, car towing. JMO.
Yep. To me, in the interview, she sounds shocked that they found her. She asks how, and they don’t tell her. She repeats it to Jane, how they just found her.

Yes, sounds like you agree with me. If she knew about the plot she would certainly expect to be called by LE. But not prepared for Isom at lunch, phone request, car towing. They were all over her. JMO.
that feels right

Although she'd factored-in a same-day police interview, the speed surprised her
next, she was also freaked out at how they'd tracked her to the restaurant

If that's right I wonder if that intersects with how the Sth Florida plans kick-in? Did Donna expect to get the notification call earlier in the day? ( They couldn't set-off until they got the notification call)

7.09pm was when WA called DA from TPD ( according to video timestamp.) Maybe WA didn't expect to be without her phone for so long?

I wish I could remember CA's work schedule for that day. Had he been anticipating he would be cancelling his late surgery that day?
DA - CA text at 8.59pm. 'outside your house' ( mad scramble to deliver cash. 'Lay-over' in Orlando)

Last edited:
that feels right

Although she'd factored-in a same-day police interview, the speed surprised her
next, she was also freaked out at how they'd tracked her to the restaurant

If that's right I wonder if that intersects with how the Sth Florida plans kick-in? Did Donna expect to get the notification call earlier in the day? ( They couldn't set-off until they got the notification call)

7.09pm was when WA called DA from TPD ( according to video timestamp.) she' didn't expect to be without her phone for so long)
I wish I could remember CA's work schedule for that day. Had he been anticipating he would be cancelling his late surgery that day?
DA - CA text at 8.59pm. 'outside your house' ( mad scramble to deliver cash. 'Lay-over' in Orlando)
Interesting! Katie testified that Donna had washed the money.

Last edited:
Events are running fast and concurrently in Donna Adelson’s case:

1. Search warrants are on-going
2. Arraignment is still scheduled for 12/12/2023
3. But the Discovery Process has already started!

Attachments

• Donna Discovery Process .png
    Donna Discovery Process .png
    111.3 KB · Views: 73
Events are running fast and concurrently in Donna Adelson’s case:

1. Search warrants are on-going
2. Arraignment is still scheduled for 12/12/2023
3. But the Discovery Process has already started!
What does that document mean?

Interesting! Katie testified that Donna had washed the money. She wouldn’t have just started washing it at 7pm. And Sig called Katie at 12:30, and Charlie might have called Donna after that (I forgot if he did). Maybe hypothetically the plan was for Wendi to drive by and then notify them that the deed had been done. But you’re right, they took her phone. They waited a long time to finally take the phone, and to give it back. That might have been intentional.
Oh gosh yes had forgotten about that - 12.30.

So everybody in Sth FLA knew early on, but obviously Donna & Harvey couldn't set off for TA until quite late.

Set aside the issue of whether cash was washed that day or not - just for now - we probably all agree that Donna dropped off some or all $$ that night.

according to Sergeant Corbett Charlie & Donna use more voicecalls than texts that evening ( roughly 7-9pm)

The morning after the murder, Charlie’s phone stopped receiving or sending out messages. Corbett testified it was consistent with Charlie “dumping” the phone.

So onto the next, more topical topic - isn't it more likely that Charlie also got his mom to dump her phone too? Or did she keep the handset? ( Search warrant - 2 Apple I phones found at the home Nov 14th 2023)

It's Sheldon Adelson's wife Miriam. Hopefully no relation.

Somewhat related, I was walking home from the train station two nights ago and I saw the flashing lights of first responders in the general vicinity of my house about 4 blocks from where I was standing. I immediately (and without even thinking) called my house to make sure everyone was ok. It turned out, someone two houses down had a medical incident. I later thought of WA’s testimony and it became even less believable to me. I cannot imagine waiting until I walked another few blocks to confirm that everyone was ok, let alone deciding to start walking in the other direction and brush it off mentally. No freaking way.
I read there were 15 emergency vehicles there and 19 first responders. The place would have been buzzing with lights and activity.

And the police had already been informed about what car she was driving (White Honda Odyssey) in case it was seen near the crime scene, hence the reason the car stood out to the police officer who saw it at the crime scene. So they knew the ex-wife had turned up at the crime scene and hot-tailed it out of there. She was a suspect from day 1.

Joel on STS said that Charlie’s CURRENT girlfriend is living at his house. And this girlfriend isn’t the mother of his son. Ummmm Charlie has a current girlfriend? Who is this girl and why is she with Charlie??
He’s been in jail for a year and a half. And this person did not show up at the trial, as far as I know. maybe this is someone he was dating at one time who is taking care of the house in his absence until they can sell it.

Talking about CA’s house:

SBM

I agree completely.

What surprised me the most was the kitchen. That is not a playboy’s kitchen. It is not a wanna-be gangsta’s kitchen. It is certainly not a maestro’s kitchen.

It’s a little old lady’s kitchen! I wonder what person in his life could possibly have influenced that…

Strange that a guy like CA with his $ would drive a Ferrari and not own a more upscale property close to the beach.
The only thing I can see that Whale Harbor offers is easy access to I-95 which Charlie would be using daily in work travels.

The Whale Harbor prop likely has deeded access to the canal behind the house with eventual access to the New River
and Ft Lauderdale beach. But that's a long boat ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910