GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard about any proffers to SG. I thought the deal with Riviere was enough to find SG guilty, and that KM was the focus of proffers, since she was the link to CA.

IMO, the state wouldn't want to make a sweet deal with the man who actually fired the bullets into Dan's head.

JMO
They have done before, which I find abhorrent and strange.

They have done before, which I find abhorrent and strange.

I think we've all followed cases where sometimes the prosecutor does make a deal with the devil, and they are the first to admit this. In this case, it would never happen given LR as their eye witness, and an excellent witness at that. IMO, SG is an addlebrained druggie, a loose canon, with nothing more to offer. However, If I had to guess, I think he's likely the parent that's in contact with his children. JMO

So the police now have DA's phone, HA's phone was also taken as were 2 more Iphones from their residence as well as an iPad. I would be very surprised if they had managed to completely delete all relevant texts, whatsapp data, photos, emails, documents etc. They have made mistake after mistake.

my two cents?

snitches in the Adleson circles. ( The Tip off. 'Hurry! Donna is off to the airport')

see something, say something. This time, somebody actually did. Well done that guy.

there's a ton of people across TA and Sth FLA who kept their heads down and mouths shut for years. they all have a snippet or two, even if it's just odd things that WA or DA said or did

If I was Wendi or Donna Adelson, I'd be worried that the dam might break, that loyalty falls away.
eg. I've got around 50 old pals on my old Team Wendi TA group and a similar number in the post 2014 Sth FLA group.
eg I'm Donna. Scores of friends of the family who might become less loyal now they see that sign approaching- 'Game Over'
Post a paean in that paper re Donna's frailty. She's a victim etc
Of course, why didn't I even consider that? Things change, the reason some people might have been giving them the benefit of doubt may change, and of course, CA's conviction and DA's arrest are big changes. What will happen next?

So the police now have DA's phone, HA's phone was also taken as were 2 more Iphones from their residence as well as an iPad. I would be very surprised if they had managed to completely delete all relevant texts, whatsapp data, photos, emails, documents etc. They have made mistake after mistake.
This really gives me hope of further arrests.Clearly the prosecution has ample evidence to convict DA, and I'm not suggesting that they would ever rest on their laurels, but this shows that they feel their job is not done yet. Even if every skerrick of evidence had been deleted up until DA's arrest, I can't believe that HA would have been so scrupulous in his deleting since.(He must be reeling, surely)

Of course, why didn't I even consider that? Things change, the reason some people might have been giving them the benefit of doubt may change, and of course, CA's conviction and DA's arrest are big changes. What will happen next?
It was only FWIW speculation but who knows?
At Donna's arrest, some legal eagles and beagles on STS had already said that a motion for change of venue was a given, just cause the potential jury pool in TA is small. Small county

Also on same channel, more recently, the host had said that recently he'd recently heard from a lot more people who knew the A's. They talked but they didn't want to appear on camera. ( It was at the start of that episode where he interviews Ryan Fitzpatrick and Joel Lipoff)

side issue - I can understand why people don't want to go public but in true crime we're used to cases where everybody tries to get their 15mins of fame. I appreciate their desire for privacy, if they know anything, however small, they should just speak to LE in confidence and let LE decide if it's relevant.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Can you post the link for this please?

Agree, they're bound to have left something recoverable if they kept their old Iphones.

What is up with that Joel guy on Surviving the Survivor podcast? I watched one today, and he spent the first 15 minutes or so complaining and whining about his wife going out with girlfriends. Even his mother couldn’t soothe him, he went on & on. Is that his sense of humor or what is up? What do y’all think about him and his shows about the Adelsons? During this show, he went on a drive by the Adelson’s condo and Charlie’s house. He actually knocked on several doors in Charlie’s neighborhood to ask questions. I thought that was a bit strange. Funny though that Charlie had a big dog named Bubbles. lol.
I think Joel's schtick is playing up being a neurotic jewish husband and son and it isn't an act. I really like his show and find him (and his mom) sincere, intelligent and entertaining. I did see the show where he complained about his wife and I agree it wasn't his finest moment. Give him another chance.

This really gives me hope of further arrests.Clearly the prosecution has ample evidence to convict DA, and I'm not suggesting that they would ever rest on their laurels, but this shows that they feel their job is not done yet. Even if every skerrick of evidence had been deleted up until DA's arrest, I can't believe that HA would have been so scrupulous in his deleting since.(He must be reeling, surely)
No, there have been other mistakes with the Adelson's and their phones. On the day of the murder WA deleted the appointment with the Geek Squad and deleted some messages from her phone (which were recovered) including the "so sweet" text she sent to CA. So it seems even when it mattered most (on the day of the murder) they were incapable of being disciplined and diligent with their communications.

It's been one of those weeks that it's been difficult feeling excited that I'm going to be spending most of the day being a dentist. As I've dragged myself out of bed, I have more than once reminded myself that this would be a problem CA would be happy to have at the moment, and got on with the day.

Quite a long time ago,I worked at a public clinic, whose patients included the inmates of a local juvenile detention centre. In Australia, locking up people under 18 is a very late resort. I don't know what the kids I saw had done, but I presumed it must have been fairly serious. They were handcuffed for the visits, and had two guards in the surgery with them. None of them ever gave me any problems, and I didn't feel scared of them in that situation.

Charlie would never be allowed to work in a dental clinic in prison. Not even as a steri nurse. The most extreme ending I've seen to a dental career in my quite long dental career.

What is up with that Joel guy on Surviving the Survivor podcast? I watched one today, and he spent the first 15 minutes or so complaining and whining about his wife going out with girlfriends. <RSBM for focus> He actually knocked on several doors in Charlie’s neighborhood to ask questions. I thought that was a bit strange. Funny though that Charlie had a big dog named Bubbles. lol.

I think Joel's schtick is playing up being a neurotic jewish husband and son and it isn't an act. I really like his show and find him (and his mom) sincere, intelligent and entertaining. I did see the show where he complained about his wife and I agree it wasn't his finest moment. Give him another chance.

He and his wife (who more or less produces the show) transitioned from broadcast reporting, so they rely on some “old school” reporting practices like knocking on neighbors’ doors. He was clear in that they weren’t part of a media scrum; did not trespass on anyone’s property; and respected everyone’s wishes to not appear on camera or be attributed quotes. I respect that approach as it’s distinct from re-reporting MSM accounts with opinions thrown on top.

Mileage definitely varies on TC channels. I’m not always a fan of the panel approach, but overall find STS to provide value, especially in cases local to them (FL). I also appreciate that Joel (the host) is transparent about sourcing — he protects his sources but will generally describe the sourcing and how “confirmed” the sourcing is by MSM standards.

MOO.

They can find deleted things. They showed Wendi a deleted text at one of the trials.
Years after lawyering up and with the full knowledge of how LE can access deleted data, it’s unfathomable to me that the devices were not professionally wiped clean.
Years after lawyering up and with the full knowledge of how LE can access deleted data, it’s unfathomable to me that the devices were not professionally wiped clean.

off topic

did you see that Graber appears to have written a book about the female orgasm? ( I was going to crack some jokes about that, but I'd better not)
COTTONWEAVER Is nothing sacred? If he ever testifies as a character witness, I think I'll turn off my TV.
Hi there JerseyPride! Welcome & Nice to have you posting

It is strange how gaudy with cheap and tasteless ornaments seemingly from the 1980s Charlie’s house looks like.
Was not it reported that Charlie has made over a couple of millions $$$ per year?

The house is for sale and listed at zillow as of today 11/30/2023.

Attachments

• Charlie's house.png
    Charlie's house.png
    780.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online