GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the back-and-forth here regarding what CA knew or did not know about WA driving on Trescott. She said it in her interview, but the question is, when would he have had access to know it. I also think it would require a look into the Tallahassee Democrat, and what they reported along the way to know the timeline of when CA possibly would be aware that WA said that because I think we all can see that she would be the type to lie to him.

He's claiming he didn't know until years later. What is also interesting in one of the tapes I heard was that he talks about that katie saying she knew could not have come from Wendi's phone because the ping from the tower showed Wendi was like 5 miles away from Trescott at the time. No one thinks that WA told KM it's done. W would've only told C, but the question is how is that communicated. Did she text something in WhatsApp? Did they all have a burner phone (a very smart thought by folks here) just for that our purpose?

That has always been perplexing. How did katie know? The fact that Georgia didn't ask that at trial also shows either the answer didn't help, or she's saving it. I don't think it was in katie's proffers either. That to me is one of the biggest questions and riddles from this whole case. Assuming that Rivera heard correctly, how did katie know? did Georgia not bring it up at the trial because that's opening up the can of worms to show that W was a part of the conspiracy? She is saving that for Wendi's trial?

Does anyone know what W's phone pings show following 11 AM?
I agree. I'll try and work on this if I have time today.

Thank you

So if we take Charlie's claims at face value, Wendi kept it from him for around 5 years
2019 trial Brannon testimony ( at 33m)

Wendi has been listening to these new jail calls at the same time as we have.
This must be a sore that Charlie will keep picking at.
Not surprised Wendi wants to be a trustee for Roman

Cross posted with @Missyrocks5 . Yes good idea, re Tallahassee Democrat
Too bad he was alerted to look for her car, (given make model and color),yet when he saw it he didn’t think to get the plates.
Major missed opportunity.

I will, too, I guess it's looking for when that video of Wendi's interview was released, probably by mentor lawyer, and then any reporting on it, which would probably be in the TD. But also, it occurs to me as I'm writing this, look at how Sigfredo's first lawyer was speaking to KM. I would bet that Wendi's interview was in any discovery request that Sigfredo's attorney made back in 2016. Unless we were able to access the docket for Sigfredo's case, I don't know how we would know that for sure otherwise.

Still, I highly doubt that Charlie didn't know until recently. I absolutely believe that Sigfredo's lawyer would make a discovery request, found out, and that got to katie who then told Charlie. I bet he's known since 2016-2017, and that's assuming that Wendi lied to her family not telling them. Maybe she really did tell him she was on Trescott early on.

They all lie.

[URLunfurl="true"]The Dan Markel Case: Video Of Wendi Adelson Reacting To His Death; Charlie Adelson Joking About Hiring A Hitman - Above the Law[/URL

@cottonweaver I just did literally a two second Google and came up with David Latt's article on his Above the Law blog where he says that ABC filed a public records request and got a copy of W's interrogation. It is in that article that he says he always thought she was not involved, but now does. The point being, though, of course, that ABC released that video in August 2016 and that's just a public records request.

Again, the lawyers would've filed a request for production that could've yielded this information even earlier. That info would've gone straight to Katie, who would've told Charlie. I think Charlie saying he didn't know W drove on Trescott, he only found out years later is the equivalent of WA saying that she knew nothing and just found out about the bribery of Charlie at his trial.

When you think about it, all they did was reinforce the lies on those tapes. CA is laying out over and over again the state's case, and why the jury would've found him guilty. There were too many coincidences that no one would believe it possible. He was then lying and arguing that they really were all coincidences that were innocent, Of course, we all believe that's a lie. I think they all lie so much, they're not even sure what the truth is anymore.

Last edited:

I just did literally a two second Google and came up with David Latt's article on his Above the Law blog where he says that ABC filed a public records request and got a copy of W's interrogation. It is in that article that he says he always thought she was not involved, but now does. The point being, though, of course, that ABC released that video in August 2016. And that's just a public records request.

Again, the lawyers would've filed a request for production that could've yielded this information even earlier. That would've gone straight to Katie, who would've told Charlie. I think Charlie saying he didn't know W drove on Trescott, he only found out years later is the equivalent of WA saying that she knew nothing and just found out about the bribery of Charlie at his trial.

When you think about it, all they did was reinforce the lies on those tapes. CA is laying out over and over again the state's case, and why the jury would've found him guilty. There were too many coincidences that no one would believe it possible. He was then lying and arguing that they really were all coincidences that were innocent, Of course, we all believe that's a lie, I think they all lie so much. They're not even sure what the truth is anymore.
Agree and good work!
A liar does come to believe his lies.
Oh what a tangled web we weave…

I will, too, I guess it's looking for when that video of Wendi's interview was released, probably by mentor lawyer, and then any reporting on it, which would probably be in the TD. But also, it occurs to me as I'm writing this, look at how Sigfredo's first lawyer was speaking to KM. I would bet that Wendi's interview was in any discovery request that Sigfredo's attorney made back in 2016. Unless we were able to access the docket for Sigfredo's case, I don't know how we would know that for sure otherwise.

Still, I highly doubt that Charlie didn't know until recently. I absolutely believe that Sigfredo's lawyer would make a discovery request, found out, and that got to katie who then told Charlie. I bet he's known since 2016-2017, and that's assuming that Wendi lied to her family not telling them. Maybe she really did tell him she was on Trescott early on.

They all lie.
Yes agree. A big reason Wendi avoided Isom is bc she knew how incriminating the Trescott passing was.
Do you think she may have thought they had her plates?

Thank you

So if we take Charlie's claims at face value, Wendi kept it from him for around 5 years
2019 trial Brannon testimony ( at 33m)

Wendi has been listening to these new jail calls at the same time as we have.
This must be a sore that Charlie will keep picking at.
Not surprised Wendi wants to be a trustee for Roman

Cross posted with @Missyrocks5 . Yes good idea, re Tallahassee Democrat. Luis could have been mistaken in his interpretation
Agree and good work!
A liar does come to believe his lies.
Oh what a tangled web we weave…
Thank you. You raise a good point. Remember, she was shocked that they found her at the lunch with her friends. She asked how did they know where she was. So I think you raise a good point. Maybe she did blurt that out, thinking that they had been tracking her somehow. And yes, liars. What a tangled web...

They all lie

Thank you. You raise a good point. Remember, she was shocked that they found her at the lunch with her friends. She asked how did they know where she was. So I think you raise a good point. Maybe she did blurt that out, thinking that they had been tracking her somehow. And yes, liars. What a tangled web...
In the midst of her total anguish at the precinct , she asked Isom “How did you know I made last minute lunch plans”?”How did you know I have a lot of friends”?
She is beyond cunning and sharp even under the most dire circumstances.
If you read Ruth’s book, it’s unimaginable that she would treat a mother who just lost her son, With contempt instead of love for another human being.
Ignoring her at memorial and back at the house, and preventing Ruth from seeing the boys saying ”they are busy”
Busy..a day after their father’s memorial?
She was driving to South FL with her parents.
That is a heart of stone. Of course ,it’s not evidence for court, but evidence of a condition of the heart.

For me, the most logical explanation is that he did not hear correctly, and that KM did not say that.
when asked how he knew, he said “I was sitting right there”. He seemed sure. We know it’s easy to hear someone talking on a cell right next to us especially if she said it loudly. She denies this on her proffer, bc it goes along with her story of less involvement,

[URLunfurl="true"]The Dan Markel Case: Video Of Wendi Adelson Reacting To His Death; Charlie Adelson Joking About Hiring A Hitman - Above the Law[/URL

@cottonweaver I just did literally a two second Google and came up with David Latt's article on his Above the Law blog where he says that ABC filed a public records request and got a copy of W's interrogation. It is in that article that he says he always thought she was not involved, but now does. The point being, though, of course, that ABC released that video in August 2016 and that's just a public records request.

Again, the lawyers would've filed a request for production that could've yielded this information even earlier. That info would've gone straight to Katie, who would've told Charlie. I think Charlie saying he didn't know W drove on Trescott, he only found out years later is the equivalent of WA saying that she knew nothing and just found out about the bribery of Charlie at his trial.

When you think about it, all they did was reinforce the lies on those tapes. CA is laying out over and over again the state's case, and why the jury would've found him guilty. There were too many coincidences that no one would believe it possible. He was then lying and arguing that they really were all coincidences that were innocent, Of course, we all believe that's a lie. I think they all lie so much, they're not even sure what the truth is anymore.
Good work!
So Charlie did lie & exaggerate.( lied in call 6, Nov 8th.)
He said first time he heard of this Trescott drive-by was when he was listening to Brannon ( which would be 2019) However, this info was actually available to his lawyers from 2016, according to your digging

Yes I agree with you on second para, it's all mostly BS

------------
I still haven't finished playing the call.
Get out your smallest violins. He's moved onto an ex GF in 2013, called Junko and his lost opportunity to marry, settle down, raise kids and use his air miles to travel to Japan 1st Class as she'd wanted. He's whining that he has now amassed 2.5 million AirMiles he can't use.
According to Charlie he worked like a dog, 6 days a week, made it off his own back, never screwed anybody over.... and he concludes this with:

'.....nobody was helping me nobody was doing S_ _ _ for me....
yeah...... you know if I asked my sister for something it was to translate something into Spanish. That was the big ask ' (1 hr 36m, 6th call on 8th Nov)

he's definitely bitter about helping Wendi ( one for Georgia's files?)

The closest Charlie and Donna get to remorse is agreeing on regret ' If only .... could travel back in a time machine to 2013' ( Not 2014 ;)

Last edited:
In the midst of her total anguish at the precinct , she asked Isom “How did you know I made last minute lunch plans”?”How did you know I have a lot of friends”?
She is beyond cunning and sharp even under the most dire circumstances.
If you read Ruth’s book, it’s unimaginable that she would treat a mother who just lost her son, With contempt instead of love for another human being.
Ignoring her at memorial and back at the house, and preventing Ruth from seeing the boys saying ”they are busy”
Busy..a day after their father’s memorial?
She was driving to South FL with her parents.
That is a heart of stone. Of course ,it’s not evidence for court, but evidence of a condition of the heart.
Indeed. Very good points. She is like Ice. She, most definitely, nor do they, have any regrets whatsoever. She is still snippy and snarly at the prior trials equivocating over any kind word to say about DM. And that is 8 or 9 years later. They all absolutely can't stand him or his family. For her, she was a little softer at CA's trial, but anything like they asked at KM's trial, Danny was a wonderful father – she says, with a smirk, he was a very good father. The A's are still in these Nov tapes sounding nasty about the Markels. The only regret any of them have is that they got caught. Evil.

For me, the most logical explanation is that he did not hear correctly, and that KM did not say that.
when asked how he knew, he said “I was sitting right there”. He seemed sure. We know it’s easy to hear someone talking on a cell right next to us especially if she said it loudly. She denies this on her proffer, bc it goes along with her story of less involvement,
Very interesting viewpoints. I don't know. I certainly do believe that Rivera is the most honest in his testimony of any of them. I believe Rivera said, and my memory may be wrong so please correct me if so, didn't he say that after Sigfredo hung up with katie, Sigfredo was asking how did she know? That would seem to definitely back up that he heard correctly.

I do think we will only get the answer at a potential trial of Wendi. I think Georgia is saving all that. I just though can't figure how Wendi could've called or texted or WhatsApp to communicate to CA that it was done without them having that in digital footprint. Then CA would've had to communicate that to KM. No way would Wendi call KM. It seems implausible that all 3 of them had a burner phone just to communicate that, and yet SG and KM were using their regular phones to speak to each other about it right after. Which takes me back to being completely flummoxed.

:DGood work!
So Charlie did lie & exaggerate.( lied in call 6, Nov 8th.)
He said first time he heard of this Trescott drive-by was when he was listening to Brannon ( which would be 2019) However, this info was actually available to his lawyers from 2016, according to your digging

Yes I agree with you on second para, it's all mostly BS

------------
I still haven't finished playing the call.
Get out your smallest violins. He's moved onto an ex GF in 2013, called Junko and his lost opportunity to marry, settle down, raise kids and use his air miles to travel to Japan 1st Class as she'd wanted. He's whining that he has now amassed 2.5 million AirMiles he can't use.
According to Charlie he worked like a dog, 6 days a week, made it off his own back, never screwed anybody over.... and he concludes this with:

'.....nobody was helping me nobody was doing S_ _ _ for me....
yeah...... you know if I asked my sister for something it was to translate something into Spanish. That was the big ask ' (1 hr 36m, 6th call on 8th Nov)

he's definitely bitter about helping Wendi ( one for Georgia's files?)

The closest Charlie and Donna get to remorse is agreeing on regret ' If only .... could travel back in a time machine to 2013' ( Not 2014 ;)
Thank you ;)The smallest of violins. :D Exactly. No doubt he did work. It sounds like he had a pretty grueling schedule of driving every day, which could range from a good 2 hours north from Port St. Lucie all the way down to South Beach, depending on the day. However, he has had so many advantages and privilege to get where he was, starting with how we got into dental school in the first place. The family's $ and surrounding it sounds fishier by the day, but he definitely played hard as we have heard on the tapes. He definitely enjoyed his life. He makes it sound like he's just an every man who got bargain basement deals on his house, cars, boats. Methinks not.

Last edited:
So they bought tickets to Vietnam on Nov 7 but didn’t leave until Nov 14 when DA was arrested at the airport….one week later. Why wait so long?

Someone supposedly tipped the authorities off. Has anyone thought that it could have even been WA, another way to help her immunity from all of this?

Like you said, it’s every man or woman out for themselves after Charlie’s conviction.

(Apologies if this has already been brought up. Haven’t read all posts)
The only reason I can think of is they needed more time to put their affairs (estate, trusts etc) in order. I think the phone calls support this theory. Why they haven’t done this in the 9 years they’ve had is wild to me! They really are delusional and thought they would never be arrested/convicted. JMO

I've seen the back-and-forth here regarding what CA knew or did not know about WA driving on Trescott. She said it in her interview, but the question is, when would he have had access to know it. I also think it would require a look into the Tallahassee Democrat, and what they reported along the way to know the timeline of when CA possibly would be aware that WA said that because I think we all can see that she would be the type to lie to him.

He's claiming he didn't know until years later. What is also interesting in one of the tapes I heard was that he talks about that katie saying she knew could not have come from Wendi's phone because the ping from the tower showed Wendi was like 5 miles away from Trescott at the time. No one thinks that WA told KM it's done. W would've only told C, but the question is how is that communicated. Did she text something in WhatsApp? Did they all have a burner phone (a very smart thought by folks here) just for that our purpose?

That has always been perplexing. How did katie know? The fact that Georgia didn't ask that at trial also shows either the answer didn't help, or she's saving it. I don't think it was in katie's proffers either. That to me is one of the biggest questions and riddles from this whole case. Assuming that Rivera heard correctly, how did katie know? did Georgia not bring it up at the trial because that's opening up the can of worms to show that W was a part of the conspiracy? She is saving that for Wendi's trial?

Does anyone know what W's phone pings show following 11 AM?
I don’t think Katie knew. I think this is just something Katie may have said, or Rivera may have thought she said, just like how he said Katie told them “the lady” they saw on Trescott walking with he kids was Wendi. That has been shown to be impossible, as the kids were at school at the time they allegedly saw Wendi. So I, personally, would take anything Rivera says Katie said with a grain of salt. Katie may have actually said these things as a way to make herself sound like she was in control, or a way to make them think Wendi was watching them. But they do not necessarily have to be true for her to have said them.

The records shown at this last trial seem to me to show that Wendi left her house a little before or a little after 12:30 and was not at Trescott until about 12:35. The timing of Sig’s 12:30 call to Katie is simply not consistent with Wendi having already driven by the scene before that and told Katie and/or Charlie that the murder had been done. Charlie says this on one of the calls, he appears to have paid attention at trial.

Last edited:
In case this is helpful -- starting at 8:33:05 is Sgt Corbitt's testimony re the KM/SG 12:30pm call and Wendi's whereabouts around mid-day.

He said the KM/SG 12:30 call was 20 seconds long and that WA started a lengthy phone call in the general vicinity of her home at 12:31 pm.

I think LR misheard or there was a miscommunication on the 12:30 call -- based on the records and testimony, it does not seem possible that WA could have communicated anything to anyone about Trescott before the 12:30 SG/KM call because she apparently was not at Trescott until after that call took place. JMO.

Last edited:
In case this is helpful -- starting at 8:33:05 is Sgt Corbitt's testimony re the KM/SG 12:30pm call and Wendi's whereabouts around mid-day.

He said the KM/SG 12:30 call was 20 seconds long and that WA started a lengthy phone call in the general vicinity of her home at 12:31 pm.

I think LR misheard or there was a miscommunication on the 12:30 call -- based on the records and testimony, it does not seem possible that WA could have communicated anything to anyone about Trescott before the 12:30 SG/KM call because she apparently was not at Trescott until after that call took place. JMO.

I don’t think Katie knew. I think this is just something Katie may have said, or Rivera may have thought she said, just like how he said Katie told them “the lady” they saw on Trescott walking with he kids was Wendi. That has been shown to be impossible, as the kids were at school at the time they allegedly saw Wendi. So I, personally, would take anything Rivera says Katie said with a grain of salt. Katie may have actually said these things as a way to make herself sound like she was in control, or a way to make them think Wendi was watching them. But they do not necessarily have to be true for her to have said them.

The records shown at this last trial seem to me to show that Wendi left her house a little before or a little after 12:30 and was not at Trescott until about 12:35. The timing of Sig’s 12:30 call to Katie is simply not consistent with Wendi having already driven by the scene before that and told Katie and/or Charlie that the murder had been done. Charlie says this on one of the calls, he appears to have paid attention at trial.
That really is the only thing that makes sense. That he was mistaken. Based on what we know currently.

What a catch- @cottonweaver , ‘the little author could not help herself’- sounds like CA is saying Wendi knew. I think they are ruminating on the points that took CA down that were ‘coincidences’ that all added up. They have to ruminate, they have no control at this point so cannot move on, so just go over and over what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx