FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. She fled to South Florida after leaving the divorce papers on an empty mattress in an empty home when DM returned from a trip. He was gobsmacked. She was never planning on returning to Tallahassee until a Tallahassee judge made her return.

She does the blinking again when asked whether she thought Charlie was serious about the hit man. It is very noticeable, because she doesnt do it on every question. Also, every time someone mentions Donna and her emails, Charlie laughs. Finally, those blue shoulders- I can’t even. Is it padded? Is it football season? Snarky, I know.

Wow. I give Georgia high marks for that cross. ... I love it that she now gets to go back to the office with her team to prepare for the re-cross tomorrow. Attorneys LOVE when testimony of an important witness is interrupted by the end of the day recess. Of course, you can also bet her attorney will be meeting with Charlie's team tonight to try and anticipate what Georgia may do.

In my opinion this was a huge blow to the defense. There have been TWO trials and THREE convictions and the jury is supposed to believe that Charlie didn't tell Wendi that the murderers were extorting him??? On opening Charlie's attorneys said Donna was writing the checks and we'd hear about why the checks have sequential numbers so apparently Donna was aware of the extortion but somehow doesn't tell the Wendi -- let alone the police. SHEESH.

Wendi's ditzy wide-eyed affect is so annoying. Her voice rising at the end of her sentences, making them questions. JMO.

That's upspeak, very common among teenagers in the 90s, and Coral Springs kids were no different (I lived in the area at the time and remember commonly hearing it). I guess it carries over to adulthood and it should have been caught and corrected during her mentioned full-paid scholarships but maybe it returns during high-pressure situations.

The atty cross examing WA should be on the prosecution team.

We’ve all heard the wire taps between Charlie and Donna. They talk about and share EVERYTHING. Not once did they ever discuss being blackmailed or extorted. The police listened for years, and probably still are! This defense is hogwash.

We’ve all heard the wire taps between Charlie and Donna. They talk about and share EVERYTHING. Not once did they ever discuss being blackmailed or extorted. The police listened for years, and probably still are! This defense is hogwash.
Excellent point. And how they''ll explain Dolce Vita... I can't imagine. JMO.

She didn’t “get offered” a job in Miami. Donna arranged that, I think. Donna refers to it in her emails, about how this lawyer they know in Miami has agreed to hire her as a favor. That lawyer is on the witness list. I wonder if the state will call him to testify that Donna arranged the job offer. Or, maybe the defense will call him? They mentioned it in their opening and on cross of Wendi. They must think it’s important that she had this job offer there. I can’t figure out why. But from Donna’s emails, I believe that this guy was a family friend doing Donna and Harvey a favor, and not Wendi pursuing or being offered a job in Miami. They were doing it to provide an argument to support the relocation motion. She wasn’t relocating because she got a job. She was given the job offer because she wanted to relocate. Side note: I could be totally wrong in this, so don’t quote me, but I believe that this lawyer who offered her the job may be a relative of a victim in a family murder-for-hire case. (He wasn’t involved in the murder at all. I want to make that clear. It is a fairly well known true crime case.). I wonder what he is thinking about all this.

also- Charlie has been sitting in jail for over a year. He claims he didn’t commit murder, he just knows who did and was being blackmailed. Are we to believe his lawyers waited until trial to inform the prosecution of this? He’s guilty of a lesser offense! He couldve pled! He didn’t have to be in jail! Why did they wait until the first day of trial to say what “really happened?” They could’ve cleared it up as soon as he was arrested. I mean, maybe you roll the dice and don’t take a plea when you know you didn’t do a murder, hypothetically. But if you can plead to a lesser charge??? The lawyer should at least have brought it up to him.

Yes, also WA couldn't remember if KM was at HA's 70th birthday party but perhaps KM was there and has supplied the relevant details of what took place during the celebration.
that's what I was thinking

Surely nobody else will have told Georgia the detail on the 70th birthday present? if otoh Georgia was bluffing it was a damned fine bluff

I missed Rushbaum's questions at the end of day but came back just as Judge was booming ' Recess , Begone' and then caught Wendi smirking at her brother as she left the courtroom.
Doesn't she worry that one of her sons might see that on Youtube in a few years time? Such freaks

Excellent point. And how they''ll explain Dolce Vita... I can't imagine. JMO.
Exactly. He’s sitting discussing the murder with the alleged blackmailer/extortionist about how the police don’t have evidence to arrest him and if they did - he’d already be on a plane, and asks Katie to avoid a police interview —all the while - we are suppose to believe she is extorting him and his family. OMG this is RICH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo