FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be what Mentour Lawyer was talking about last night. He said Donna’s lawyer on the Zoom looked furious when the extortion card was played, as if that card was supposed to be reserved for Donna. You’re right that it could have worked for Donna, but it’s not going to work for Charlie.

Too bad the Zoom was not recorded. I would have liked to see the reaction myself.
Interesting...could it be that Donna came up with the theory to apply to herself, and that she didn’t know Charlie was going to adapt it and use it at trial? Charlie does laugh whenever anyone mentions how crazy Donna is. Maybe he’s turned on her.

I’m in central time. Woke up at 8:02 and it had started. It’s 8:31 here now.
Thanks

Didn't realise that they had already started!

ugh her voice already!
Rushbaum: You were picked-up by Isom at the restaurant who'd told you something had happened.
WA: Yes

( A few hours later in the interview room she told Isom that when she'd been in the car she'd worried that she was a suspect herself. Isom had not told her that her husband had been shot until she was being interviewed) I wish the state would use some of the interrogation tape. I know Isom isn't testifying in this trial)

Last edited:
OMG- Wendi appeared to be sitting directly in front of the Markels this morning. The look on Mr. Markel’s face was not good. Does she have to sit there because she is a state witness and that’s the state side?

oh, she was in a book club. And her friend was moving there. And she was dating men. So, of course, she couldn‘t have wanted to move. Nah. (Plus, isn’t the theory that Donna was really driving the move?)

After DM was murdered, once parents had got to WA's house next morning. Her parents were scared and frantic & coudn't sleep, Dad couldn't get police protection
Rushbaum: Your father planted a chair in the front of your window so nobody could come shoot up the house, correct?'
WA : Right

We've not heard the claims about this 'security ' vigil before.

Leaving TA on 21st July. Kids clothes she took - pyjamas and swimsuits, expected to be back in TA in a day or two. ( later got a friend surname Keener go back to the house to get more stuff after she'd ' ultimately, much later' decided she wasn't returning to TA.

( We heard a few years ago that the parents car was crammed with stuff but I can't recall who we heard that from.Anybody recall? )

Thanks

Didn't realise that they had already started!

ugh her voice already!
Rushbaum: You were picked-up by Isom at the restaurant who'd told you something had happened.
WA: Yes

( A few hours later in the interview room she told Isom that when she'd been in the car she'd worried that she was a suspect herself. Isom had not told her that her husband had been shot until she was being interviewed) I wish the state would use some of the interrogation tape. I know Isom isn't testifying in this trial)
She has qualified immunity. So they may be saving some questions for when she doesn’t.

After DM was murdered, once parents had got to WA's house next morning. Her parents were scared and frantic & coudn't sleep, Dad couldn't get police protection
Rushbaum: Your father planted a chair in the front of your window so nobody could come shoot up the house, correct?'
WA : Right

We've not heard the claims about this 'security ' vigil before.

Leaving TA on 21st July. Kids clothes she took - pyjamas and swimsuits, expected to be back in TA in a day or two. ( later got a friend surname Keener go back to the house to get more stuff after she'd ' ultimately, much later' decided she wasn't returning to TA.

( We heard a few years ago that the parents car was crammed with stuff but I can't recall who we heard that from.Anybody recall? )
Ruth Markel’s book says the house looked bare when she went there after the funeral

Why do they think Wendi wouldn’t have continued to make plans with friends in Tallahassee for beyond the murder date, and that this somehow exonerates Charlie? In the first place, her relocation motion had been denied, as far as she was concerned she was staying there. In the second place, she might not have known about the murder. In the third place, even if she knew, then what was she supposed to do, say “I can’t make plans with you because I won’t be living here because of the murder?” Is this all theyve got? That she had friends in Tallahassee and bought a plane ticket?

also, why would Siggy take it upon himself to kill Dan if he hated Charlie? What is Yardbird so important? It’s entirely plausible he was stalking Katie, and he was lurking at Yardbird. How does that exonerate Charlie? They tried this with Katie, too. It didnt work. Is it because it’s the only time it can be shown that Charlie, Katie, Wendi and possibly Sig may have met? Is it because LaCasse remembers it so they’re stuck with it? I always wonder why they attribute significance to some things.

Last edited:
so she's just lied by denying that she was on the dating site ' OK Cupid' while she was dating Lacasse?
Georgia reminds her that her phone was downloaded

Objection. Improper impeachment. Sustained. struck.

A few mins later, when Georgia asks more about it, she's now not clear when she was on it. So slippery

ETA
I heard ' Harvard Lawyer Lee' say, last night, how struck she was re WA's skill at answering. Arrrgh @WA, not Lee Wallace

Last edited:
She has qualified immunity. So they may be saving some questions for when she doesn’t.
yes, looking at the chat now, I see AALegalFocus is also saying she thinks that

ETA
A bit more chat from a lawyer's perspective-
Re WA only working part time and raising money for non profit - AA Legal Focus replies ' that means she's unemployed' LOL
imo WA ought to be unemployable by anyone in legal sphere. period

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members