FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about the "I know" comment. Perhaps KM told SG " call me once it's done", and the phone call from him itself was an indicator that he completed the job. She just blurted out what she knew before she picked up the phone.
Thank you. We know that SG/LR headed for the interstate immediately following the shooting and kept their phones turned off until they were about two hours away from Tallahassee. I imagine KM waiting around all morning and not hearing from SG until sometime after 1PM probably had her very paranoid and she was probably worried SG might say more than she felt safe on a phone call that might be intercepted, and said "I know" just to silence him. These two are like dim and dimmer. :rolleyes:

"I sat on a bench last week to watch the boys play. An older woman commented to me on how adorable my boys are and asked "what does your husband do?" I hate this question. I haven't yet said "he doesn't do much because he's dead." But I think it sometimes."

- Wendi Adelson, 10 months after Dan's brutal murder.
I love that Georgia will be able to play that podcast at Wendi's trial, it shows her true colors.

I can't watch the first couple hours but here's link for day 5 live feed for those who can watch

PS Looks like Judy from AAlegal Focus is spectating today ( a few rows behind CA)

Last edited:
He seems to have gone to a greater extent to defend WA and DA actions than CA. It's almost as if he were told that CA is toast, but make sure the rest of the A's are clear. I guess I expected the defense attorney to throw WA and DA under the bus to defend CA.
I have interpreted his arguments this way as well. Especially Wendi. Even GC had a few questions to Wendi “Why did Mr Rashbaum ask you all those questions? Are you on trial today?”

Wondering if the court will unseal Katie's proffer after a verdict in this trial. Seems like it probably will. Since Katie wasn't asked for a lot of details on the stand here, would be interesting to see what she said in the proffer after she "came clean."

GC just asked the government witness after the Matsuri video was played, something like, "what does it mean to be made during an undercover operation" and it means that they've been found out. But they never followed up with anything about that. Did GA and HA realize they were being surveilled? It didn't seem like it.

GC just asked the government witness after the Matsuri video was played, something like, "what does it mean to be made during an undercover operation" and it means that they've been found out. But they never followed up with anything about that. Did GA and HA realize they were being surveilled? It didn't seem like it.
I think they mention it on the tape, but you couldn’t hear it.

Thinking ahead here. Gary Cohen - the lawyer who is very close to the Adelsons, and who put together a $1M partner-track offer from his firm for Wendi to try to help her in her relocation application - he is on Charlie's witness list. He was also "consulted" about the $1M bribe the Adelsons were prepared to make to Dan to allow Wendi to relocate. He is on the witness list for the Defense.

What are the chances that he is going to come to court and say that Charlie was being extorted since 2014 and met with him about it?

Rash said in his opening that when they “extorted“ him after the murder, they gave him 48 hours to pay. He got that from this call, where Charlie says “they give you 48 hours.“ Charlie said that because he thought he knew how blackmailers operate. Now, Rash is going to use it to show that Charlie had been extorted and given 48 hours. Rash has gone through every call like this.

ETA: same with “if you into who it is, it’s very easy.” Rash will argue that Charlie knew who it was in the prior attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny