FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that got me was Donna at CA’s house the night of the murder before KM got there. I wonder if they know how often DA went to that house before. And this was like at 9pm. Wasn’t it around 7pm when WA called DA to notify her of the murder and request that they come up to Tally? She says she’s going to go up the next day, I think. And then she drives to CA’s house?
I think she was dropping off the payoff. I wonder if she put that cash right into the washing machine? Perhaps, she is the one that staples money.

CA was making $3.5M/year
Extraction if needed - $800
Bone Graft if needed - $600
Implant - $1,600
Crown (Done by Regular Dentist) - $1,600 - Not Included
So $3,000 Gross on every Implant
Assuming 260 working days/year
About 5 Implants/day
To get to $3.5M Gross/year

I really didn’t understand where they were getting 2k a month for KM and why she lied about it. How did this never come up in previous trials? What is it that Rash thinks he has discovered?
IIRC
On re-direct of the financial investigator yesterday, Dougan got the F.Inv to concede that the $2k a month cash was not monthly sums of $2K cash, it was coming in dribs & drabs every week and sometimes amounted to less than or more than $2K.

( Earlier on cross Rashb had got KM to deny that she ever received $2K monthly & thus he could present this as another Katie lie. Rashb's tactics worked)

The thing that got me was Donna at CA’s house the night of the murder before KM got there. I wonder if they know how often DA went to that house before. And this was like at 9pm. Wasn’t it around 7pm when WA called DA to notify her of the murder and request that they come up to Tally? She says she’s going to go up the next day, I think. And then she drives to CA’s house?
scroll to 4hrs 23 mins and video has a time-stamp of 7.09pm for WA calling DA . I have no idea if the timestamp is accurate.

The DA text to CA around 9pm. The screengrab is in the WS post linked below
Outside your house around 9pm but preceded by a text asking CA to call DA at 7.12pm: FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Last edited:
I think she was dropping off the payoff. I wonder if she put that cash right into the washing machine? Perhaps, she is the one that staples money.
It's really awkward. Rashb will exploit all the inconsistencies on stapled and unstapled cash.
Additionally some cash was damp ( washed?) but other witnesses did not testify to receiving damp money. ( Not LR nor the extra portion SG gave to LR)

The expenses cash wasn't stapled. ( $7k)
Luis's cash was stapled.
June recalled stapled cash at CA's home. Katie didn't refer to stapled cash yesterday iirc.
The financial investigator testified to messages between the 3 Adelson's which seemed to involve all 3 moving cash around to cover business shortfalls. All 3 had ready access to piles of cash at different places

( BTW Tim Janssen while wondering out loud during a 'Live' wondered if the cash had been buried somewhere. Personally I just think that after eg. steaming it, somebody had immediately put it into the ziplock without fully drying it hence the mold testified to by KM)

Anyway whatever the case, it is odd that any cash would need to be dropped off by DA & HA. You'd think they'd have sorted this all out before the evening of July 18th

Last edited:
CA was making $3.5M/year
Implant - $1,600
About 5 Implants/day
Court heard that he also had other investments.

CA was making $3.5M/year
Implant - $1,600
About 5 Implants/day
He had other sources of income , I’m sure.

So I guess Katie DID get a cut of the 100k since she noted the money was damp. Plus she got “employment” checks, health insurance, car, trips etc. She tries to minimize her involvement but she received more money than Sigfredo and Garcia. Her entire motivation was money! Who knows how long she was supposed to get “employment” checks and what else

IIRC
On re-direct of the financial investigator yesterday, Dougan got the F.Inv to concede that the $2k a month cash was not monthly sums of $2K cash, it was coming in dribs & drabs every week and sometimes amounted to less than or more than $2K.

( Earlier on cross Rashb had got KM to deny that she ever received $2K monthly & thus he could present this as another Katie lie. Rashb's tactics worked)
Yes, this is a dirty tactic Rash uses on cross. He gets someone to admit something that isn’t true. Then he gets another witness to tell the actual truth (or the state does), and then impeaches the previous witness with it. “So, if she testified that she DID NOT get 2k a month, that would be a lie, right?” He did this a lot, and it was very successful with Katie. He also claimed that Charlie told the TV joke at the dinner with LaCasse and got her to say she didn’t remember that, because it didn’t happen. “But if he were to say he heard that joke, he would by lying?” “Yes.” It’s all underhanded, and it makes people look like liars. I wonder how it is playing with the jury?

scroll to 4hrs 23 mins and video has a time-stamp of 7.09pm for WA calling DA . I have no idea if the timestamp is accurate.

The DA text to CA around 9pm. The screengrab is in the WS post linked below
Outside your house around 9pm but preceded by a text asking CA to call DA at 7.12pm: FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15
Rash said in his opening that Charlie was notified at 7pm, and then Katie came over around 9. He’s seen all the evidence and made his puzzle pieces fit. But he didn’t account for them knowing about Donna showing up at 9 Before Katie did. Im sure he will try to explain it away as her consoling her son because this murder happened.

So I guess Katie DID get a cut of the 100k since she noted the money was damp. Plus she got “employment” checks, health insurance, car, trips etc. She tries to minimize her involvement but she received more money than Sigfredo and Garcia. Her entire motivation was money! Who knows how long she was supposed to get “employment” checks and what else
Of course! Money is the motivation for murder for hire. Unfortunately it’s also the motive for extortion. Such a ridiculous theory.

It's really awkward. Rashb will exploit all the inconsistencies on stapled and unstapled cash.
Additionally some cash was damp ( washed?) but other witnesses did not testify to receiving damp money. ( Not LR nor the extra portion SG gave to LR)

Luis's cash was stapled.
June recalled stapled cash at CA's home. Katie didn't refer to stapled cash yesterday iirc.
The financial investigator testified to messages between the 3 Adelson's which seemed to involve all 3 moving cash around to cover business shortfalls. All 3 had ready access to piles of cash at different places

( BTW Tim Janssen while wondering out loud during a 'Live' wondered if the cash had been buried somewhere. Personally I just think that after eg. steaming it, somebody had immediately put it into the ziplock without fully drying it hence the mold testified to by KM)

Anyway whatever the case, it is odd that any cash would need to be dropped off by DA & HA. You'd think they'd have sorted this all out before the evening of July 18th
That’s why I think they took it away to wash it and/or staple it and then brought it back. JMO, but i think they were concerned about fingerprints on it. I think they had a lot of cash on hand and they kept it stapled in bundles of 1K for counting purposes. But when they were giving people smaller amounts for “incidentals, “ it wasnt stapled. They only gave the killers the payoff in stapled money because it was such a large amount.

Rash said in his opening that Charlie was notified at 7pm, and then Katie came over around 9. He’s seen all the evidence and made his puzzle pieces fit. But he didn’t account for them knowing about Donna showing up at 9 Before Katie did. Im sure he will try to explain it away as her consoling her son because this murder happened.
Yes I'm just going back to check what Rash said at link

-Rash says DA called him ' around 7pm'
- Rash then waffles on about CA cancelling his plans ( dinner w a friend) & claims KM arrived around 11pm.
- Rash also keen to introduce that CA was late home from work, CA leaves Jupiter around 8pm
( I would've thought Rash might know state knows D&H arrived - discovery- but just didn't include that in his opening but yes ofc Rash will be able to claim consoling Charlie face to face)

At 36m 58 secs here:

I can't recall what Corbett said yesterday about KM phone pings to give exact time KM arrives at CAs. Maybe somebody else caught it? I don't want to have to replay Corbett testimony.
( If there's ever another Adelson prosecution for Markel, I'll follow it on WS next time - so that we can add timelines & easily accessible resources)

Last edited:

Luis's cash was stapled.

Maybe the cash was pulled together for the payoff following the first trip to Tallahasse. It wasn’t used then and mold developed while waiting for the payoff that followed the second trip.

Rashbaum would have known. He would have gotten all the text messages -- including the one that indicates her showing up at Charlie's -- from the State in discovery. I'm sure he has all the cloud/cell data that the State has. JMO.

I don't buy her "I didn't take the plea because I would have had to give up SG". Sure, she was. She was holding out for a huge pay off. I bet she thought she was set for life once she got acquitted. If she really cared about SG or her kids, she would never have been involved in such a plot. Her love for money is off the charts. These jurors have to be sickened by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800