Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-direct, Sarah Dougan up
- Corbett's error on that slide. He was doing 12 hour shifts putting this together, working weekends.

I trust that she's going to get Corbett to clarify the ambiguities around the clincher 12.30 SG - KM call ' I know' versus the WA cell pings on the map down to ABC Licqours. ( Corbett tried to explain that to Rash earlier but it wasn't crystal clear)

Sarah - put the slides back up please!! eg WA to Dan makel asking about his whereabouts for murder planning. ( legal eagles on WS, surely Sarah can republish those during redirect or is it not allowed?)

------
Redirect:
ETA - yes Sarah Dougan has asked. Hurrah. If you're not a techy juror, IDK if it's still clear enough tho??

ETA - Dougan also did a good job clearing up Rushbaum's misleading claims on the ' erase this text' segment of cross

ETA - Dougan also described rashbaum's slide of May 2014 calls between the A's as ' random messages' but then Dougan on redirect shows the context by publishing Dan's motions to compel his wife to produce her financials. Dougan publishes 4 filings by Dan from end of April to early may. May 7th is date Wendi's atty tries to withdraw from her case. Dougan emphasises significant issues were occuring in the divorce fight at this time

In middle of redirect Rashbaum asks for a sidebar. Charlie had been looking deflated while Sarah was redirecting Corbett

Last edited:
i lost track of what Rash & corbett were saying while I was reading Ws posts.
Are these slides Rash's slides or an early Corbett slide presentation?View attachment 457233
Yes. It shows they all talked to each other in the months before the murder. I think he’s trying to show that this was normal, because it wasn‘t a day related to the murder. And it is normal. For people who are planning a murder. There’s your redirect. JMO.

ETA- I have to say, the case is so much clearer when the state is on. Rash just confuses and confuses. I wonder if the jury feels the same way. The state just makes sense. Rash you keep wondering how it all fits together. I get that he’s relying on that confusion, but hopefully the jury will just understand the state’s case better and not worry about the confusion. Glad the state has the last word.

Re-direct, Sarah Dougan up
- Corbett's error on that slide. He was doing 12 hour shifts putting this together, working weekends.

I trust that she's going to get Corbett to clarify the ambiguities around the clincher 12.30 SG - KM call ' I know' versus the WA cell pings on the map down to ABC Licqours. ( Corbett tried to explain that to Rash earlier but it wasn't crystal clear)
Is it impossible WA could have notified anyone of what was going on at DM's house? She would have gone by at 12:40ish approximately, but KM said "I know" to SG at 12:30p. What is the clincher with this call and how did KM know? I am confused.

Is it impossible WA could have notified anyone of what was going on at DM's house? She would have gone by at 12:40ish approximately, but KM said "I know" to SG at 12:30p. What is the clincher with this call and how did KM know? I am confused.
This is just soooo close in time, can’t there be a margin for error? It’s too coincidental that she’s on that street around the same time that Sig is calling Katie and Katie says (supposedly) she already knows.

This is just soooo close in time, can’t there be a margin for error? It’s too coincidental that she’s on that street around the same time that Sig is calling Katie and Katie says (supposedly) she already knows.
yes that's what Dougan just tried to get Corbett to explain for juror.
It's critical to any future prosecution of Wendi too
Clearly it needs to be explained again, maybe in closing?

recess til 12.30 says Judge E
That jury must desperately need a break. Rash was making me zone out so IDK how they feel

yes that's what Dougan just tried to get Corbett to explain for juror.
It's critical to any future prosecution of Wendi too
Clearly it needs to be explained again, maybe in closing?
Or, maybe she just had no sense of direction/took a shortcut/liked to drive that way to come to terms with the divorce. (Never noticed how many different explanations she gave for this driving route.)

Can you imagine if they had just arrested and tried all these people together (or close in time)? The only thing they have now that they didn’t then is the Dolce enhancement. Katie almost got convicted without it. They would’ve all been sitting there pointing fingers at each other.

Dolce Vita transcript allowed in since Katie has authenticated, judge ruled. The whole purpose of calling Katie was to get this in. That’s the only good thing Katie had to offer the state. Rashbaum could be overheard on the mics talking to his co-counsel saying he actually prefers the transcripts - anyone catch that??

Rashbaum smiles too much for my liking.
Like Brer Rabbit?

Or, maybe she just had no sense of direction/took a shortcut/liked to drive that way to come to terms with the divorce. (Never noticed how many different explanations she gave for this driving route.)
I never understood why she did this. It shows she knew something was happening, but wasn't sure if it was real this time. She said she saw the road block from Centerville Rd. If anyone knows the area, it would be impossible to see a roadblock from that vantage point. Does she expect 12 people that live in the county to believe that?

Rushbaum starting cross of Mr Bump
why hasn't Georgia published the video clip of the Bump now? Anybody know? Think I heard her admit them

Also

At last Georgia objects ' mischaracterisation of the evidence ' ( Rash claimed that KM said yesterday that she was no longer in receipt of $ from Charlie in the months after the hit

Thought we were on recess until 12:30? So…they didn’t photocopy the paper, so Charlie didn’t do it. Got it.

it’s a good thing I’m not on a jury- I come in with a presumption of guilt! I know it’s wrong. But the state doesn’t usually bring a case, let alone going to trial, if it doesn’t think there’s enough evidence to convict. People aren’t just minding their own business and suddenly put on trial. Usually. JMO

ETA- if they were so amenable to being extorted, so frightened that they paid, why didn’t they just pay the alleged SECOND blackmailer?

deleted because....

apparently it's common for a prosecutor not to publish the tapes/bump wire taps while the undercovers/FBI agent involved is in the box.
Expected that FBI Sandford will be involved in exposition of that evidence this afternoon

ETA
Janssen also says that state should've probably redirected to clean up Jimenez's many ' Don't Know' responses to Rashbaum's cross
He also opines that it's a win for Rashbaum that he got the Dolce FBI undercover to say that no, he couldn't hear what was being said in the restaurants Dolce Vita, even though he was only 10 feet away

Last edited:
I love the judge. What a great smile!

deleted because....

apparently it's common for a prosecutor not to publish the tapes/bump wire taps while the undercovers/FBI agent involved is in the box.
Expected that FBI Sandford will be involved in exposition of that evidence this afternoon

ETA
Janssen also says that state should've probably redirected to clean up Jimenez's many ' Don't Know' responses to Rashbaum's cross
He also opines that it's a win for Rashbaum that he got the Dolce FBI undercover to say that no, he couldn't hear what was being said in the restaurants Dolce Vita, even though he was only 10 feet away
Isn’t that kind of negated by Katie saying that it’s accurate? Or then we have to believe Katie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59