DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue here.

I keep reminding myself they (CA+DA+HA) knew their calls were recorded!! With that said, (26:38-11/7) Donna+Harvey claim the Markels only visited the boys 1 time and it was for a 'photo-op' to make them (The Markels) look good, for Charlie's arrest 12 hours later. Didn't hug or kiss the boys ... wanted nothing to do with them? How weird Lincoln thought they were because he didn't even know them.

Donna, Donna, Donna ... you are a special kind of evil.
Can anyone else please tell me which YT video has the conversation about the Markel’s visit with the boys or I’d possible post the link? I have listened to the calls on different YT channels but have not heard that conversation. Thanks very much!

Can anyone else please tell me which YT video has the conversation about the Markel’s visit with the boys or I’d possible post the link? I have listened to the calls on different YT channels but have not heard that conversation. Thanks very much!
It’s a call on November 7 that is 26:38 in length. Talk about the Markel’s’ visit begins around the 14:00 mark

Last edited:
This bolded quote was posted elsewhere but is it accurate and does anyone remember in which call it took place ?

Charlie explicitly says Wendi “couldn’t help herself going over to the crime scene AFTER talking with both of us”

If true, the door is closing on Wendi ...

This bolded quote was posted elsewhere but is it accurate and does anyone remember in which call it took place ?

Charlie explicitly says Wendi “couldn’t help herself going over to the crime scene AFTER talking with both of us”

maybe he just means after talking to both of them separately that morning, as seen in the call logs? ( Claims that they talked about TV repairs, Charlie's fight with Katie)

I think he is trying to say what the evidence showed/what the jury thought. The state showed that she spoke with both of them that morning, and the state showed that she drove by the scene. Charlie keeps quoting Georgia talking about the drive-by, saying “she couldn’t help herself.” I don’t think he intends to say that it’s true, only that it’s what the jury may have thought. He’s not actually saying that she couldn’t help herself after talking to them, at least not how I interpret it.

I think he is trying to say what the evidence showed/what the jury thought. The state showed that she spoke with both of them that morning, and the state showed that she drove by the scene. Charlie keeps quoting Georgia talking about the drive-by, saying “she couldn’t help herself.” I don’t think he intends to say that it’s true, only that it’s what the jury may have thought. He’s not actually saying that she couldn’t help herself after talking to them, at least not how I interpret it.

Certainly could be as you say - I am a little behind and don't remember the call logs but I thought WA had talked to both CA/DA prior to the murder. And if CA told her it was going down that morning after Dan left the gym, I can see WA driving to Trescott to make sure. Seeing the police tape would have confirmed it for her.

I may be reading too much into it but when Charlie is going on and on about Wendi driving past Trescott an hour after the murder. He’s double speaking for obv reasons - he’s being recorded. On the surface he’s saying it’s too coincidental to be viewed as an innocent thing etc etc but what he’s really doing is venting his spleen on Wendi and saying what in the eff was she thinking!?? How could she do something so stupid?

JMO

Certainly could be as you say - I am a little behind and don't remember the call logs but I thought WA had talked to both CA/DA prior to the murder. And if CA told her it was going down that morning after Dan left the gym, I can see WA driving to Trescott to make sure. Seeing the police tape would have confirmed it for her.
That is certainly what a lot of people believe happened. I just don’t think Charlie is actually saying that is what happened. It’s confusing, because he seems to be saying that this is what it LOOKS like. But he’s not admitting anything, in my opinion.

I may be reading too much into it but when Charlie is going on and on about Wendi driving past Trescott an hour after the murder. He’s double speaking for obv reasons - he’s being recorded. On the surface he’s saying it’s too coincidental to be viewed as an innocent thing etc etc but what he’s really doing is venting his spleen on Wendi and saying what in the eff was she thinking!?? How could she do something so stupid?

JMO
Yes. To me he is saying that it is in fact all a big coincidence, but simultaneously he is saying that it is just too much of a coincidence to be believed.

JMO
100%. JMO.

For those interested, Janine Driver is on Court TV analyzing Wendi's body language during the police interview.
Janine believes Wendi was not involved in the murder.

All I can think about is Donna telling Wendi to be a "great actress" and "I know you can do it".

I don’t want to offend anyone who likes her but I think Janine Driver is trafficking in junk science and looking for clicks. I like The Behavior Panel even though I think body language reading is junk science - I think they offer interesting insight into human behavior. Janine Driver can’t touch them with a 10 foot pole. JMO

Wow… yeah I’m watching Jeanine Driver on Court TV too and she is doubling down after watching Wendi’s police interview. She believes Wendi is being authentic and is not involved in the murder. Wow.

I just can't buy into Wendi's "grief" about the shooting given the litigious divorce and DM doing everything possible to make her miserable.

I don’t want to offend anyone who likes her but I think Janine Driver is trafficking in junk science and looking for clicks. I like The Behavior Panel even though I think body language reading is junk science - I think they offer interesting insight into human behavior. Janine Driver can’t touch them with a 10 foot pole. JMO
My thoughts exactly regarding Ms.Driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx