FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we decided Tutu means owl? If so maybe it’s as simple as Luis seeing an owl, taking a pic of it and saying to Sig hey look tutu there you are! Best friends & all. But can I ask… why did KM make Luis take it down immediately so as to not divulge their location? Are there no owls in Miami? (legit asking). MOO TIA
I think possibly that Instagram might have been able to reveal/track the location, or possibly KM believed it would be traceable.

Don’t want to beat this dead horse, (ok, obviously I do, sorry), but there’s no point to sending a coded message to someone with a near-zero likelihood of seeing it, when there’s also very little likelihood that you, yourself, are even aware that the code takes the form of an animal in a photo you also likely haven’t seen.

ETA- my college logo is an eagle. I often wear stuff with eagles, not necessarily from the college itself with the exact eagle mascot.
But it doesn't represent your school if it's not their exact animal. My daughter's college did have an "unofficial logo" with an owl, but it's very difficult to find any merch, or even good pictures of it, and very few people even know of it, so it doesn't represent the school. The official mascot is a griffin, and usually paired with the name of the school and it's colors.

I will never get over how Donna PICKED Dan for Wendi and then, essentially, bullied him TO DEATH!!!
I think Donna was incredibly jealous of Dan and of Wendi for different reasons. Do we know if she will be psychologically evaluated? Because that is one report I would LOVE to read. She is obsessive, nasty, controlling beyond measure, narcissistic... if she's not happy, NOBODY IS HAPPY! taken to the extreme... unbelievable to me. She's like a Disney villain almost. Even looks like one.

I will never get over how Donna PICKED Dan for Wendi and then, essentially, bullied him TO DEATH!!!
I think Donna was incredibly jealous of Dan and of Wendi for different reasons. Do we know if she will be psychologically evaluated? Because that is one report I would LOVE to read. She is obsessive, nasty, controlling beyond measure, narcissistic... if she's not happy, NOBODY IS HAPPY! taken to the extreme... unbelievable to me. She's like a Disney villain almost. Even looks like one.
It’s crazy. I doubt anyone would have met up to her standards year after year…

I think the owl shirt issue is a non-issue. Along with the "bulleit" bourbon, some people seem to be reading way too much into things, IMO.
I thought that the brand name of the bourbon was a little too coincidental, until we discovered that it is a real brand. However, the question remains as to why she couldn't have purchased it after her lunch date. That's why I believe the trip to that liquor store is a poor attempt at an alibi for her drive by of Dan's house.

Although this link isn't Gigi from Pretty Lies, am posting it cause it's got great audio.
Only the first few mins are on Susan
the hot mic:

7th Nov
on Susan & Rick 'setting things up for Roman' on Harvey speaking about the work the pair had done on the wills, 19m 14 secs-

Just to note again, that no channels' subtitles are accurate, all done with AI, but reasonable most of the time

@Missyrocks5 Agree with you on the other post too. If it hadn't have been for the tip-off etc. ( Despite what Donna says about live monitoring I doubt state's attorney has enough spare staff to commit to 24-hour live monitoring of calls. With Charlie, he's was on the phone from 4am breakfast until 10.30pm lights out on some days )
First one: Susan and Rick are effectively accessories, no??
Second one: 8 min in... TV set... cannot tell if CODE or REAL tv set...

In my opinion there is nothing to the owl shirt. Coincidence. What possible purpose could the choice of shirt had in relation to the conspiracy? How could it have served as some kind of “signal” to the killer(s) if they never saw it?

How would Luis/Sig/Katie have known, in advance, that there would be an owl, in a particular tree, right near where they were located, at a particular time, such that Luis could photograph it? (They wouldn’t.) And why would he say that Katie got angry that he did that and told him to take it down?

The reason the drive-by, for example, might be less easy to dismiss as a coincidence is because criminals do sometimes drive by the scene, and because Wendi has had several different explanations for it. It seems to have raised suspicions, and there could be a possible crime-related explanation for it (she couldn’t help herself.)

By contrast, with the owl, the alleged crime-related explanations some people cite for it to me make no sense, as I explain above. Also, criminals aren’t known to use t-shirt codes, or take pictures of wildlife. Indeed, if the owl had not been in that tree, the crime could still have occurred, and Wendi still might have worn that shirt. The cops did not ask her about her shirt that day, the state has never asked her about it, and if they didn’t find it suspicious, neither do I.
Could not agree more.... the owl talk is getting a bit out of hand lol

But it doesn't represent your school if it's not their exact animal. My daughter's college did have an "unofficial logo" with an owl, but it's very difficult to find any merch, or even good pictures of it, and very few people even know of it, so it doesn't represent the school. The official mascot is a griffin, and usually paired with the name of the school and it's colors.
Mine doesn’t really have an official eagle, it’s just the name of the team and so they have stuff with different eagle designs. But there’s not a specific character with a name or anything, so we just tend to collect eagle stuff.

Mine doesn’t really have an official eagle, it’s just the name of the team and so they have stuff with different eagle designs. But there’s not a specific character with a name or anything, so we just tend to collect eagle stuff.
My daughter's school does have a name for their owl, but not a real design per se. But if you are wearing a generic eagle shirt, no one would identify it with your school, unless it's something specific- i.e. the Philadephia Eagles football team.

around 11 mins in, wendi says the exact same thing about whatsapp in katie's trial that she says in charlie's trial. like.. she rehearsed for sure. it's word for word. and the same outfit, which will never NOT creep me out!!! does she not realize she's showing her hand constantly with these sorts of details? this woman is delusional, just in a different way than her mom! her testimony reminds me of alec murdaugh saying the exact same sentence AGAIN and AGAIN on the stand.

also at 22 mins in... "you knew jeff lacasse was leaving on the day of the murder at the TIME of the murder?"
wendi: I don't think I did.

That's a weird response!

Charlie's face at 3mins in at Wendi's book that is "based on a friend of hers"
"I forgot what university the character's husband teaches at..."
"It's FSU."
"Ya, that sounds right!"

She is so used to people in her personal life buying her lies that she doesn't realize what a bad liar she is lol!

Last edited:
WA may have sent a selfie to KM CA DA and HA via whatsApp confirming the hit and she saw it with her own eyes before lunch and before the PoPo interrogation.
Remember, KM said she already knew when SG phoned her after the hit. How did she know? WA told her. IMO
and, DA didn't seem "shocked" when WA told her from the PD, IMO
A selfie that included a police car & crime scene tape?

Like JL said in one of his interviews he was beginning to recognize when she lied and that’s his possible explanation for the no contact for a week email from WA. He suspected that she didn’t want to be around him after the 18th because it was to the point where he “could read her really well”. He also said that he felt like no one in her life was with her enough to see behind the curtain. He theorized that those people were limited to himself, Danny & possibly the “other” boyfriend (Sack (sp?)). Jmo

My daughter's school does have a name for their owl, but not a real design per se. But if you are wearing a generic eagle shirt, no one would identify it with your school, unless it's something specific- i.e. the Philadephia Eagles football team.

around 11 mins in, wendi says the exact same thing about whatsapp in katie's trial that she says in charlie's trial. like.. she rehearsed for sure. it's word for word. and the same outfit, which will never NOT creep me out!!! does she not realize she's showing her hand constantly with these sorts of details? this woman is delusional, just in a different way than her mom! her testimony reminds me of alec murdaugh saying the exact same sentence AGAIN and AGAIN on the stand.

also at 22 mins in... "you knew jeff lacasse was leaving on the day of the murder at the TIME of the murder?"
wendi: I don't think I did.

That's a weird response!

Charlie's face at 3mins in at Wendi's book that is "based on a friend of hers"
"I forgot what university the character's husband teaches at..."
"It's FSU."
"Ya, that sounds right!"

She is so used to people in her personal life buying her lies that she doesn't realize what a bad liar she is lol!
nFSU. The N is super important /s

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this “inside joke.” What is so funny/relevant about an owl to this case, other than Luis having randomly photographed one, which, again, I don’t believe Wendi would have known about?
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she wore a shirt with the mascot of her college. A lot of people do that. Unless you mean that it’s a coincidence that Luis took a photo of an owl, and the owl is the mascot for Wendi’s college. I do believe that is a coincidence.
Yes, probably a coincidence. But I definitely could see Wendi wearing an owl shirt if she knew about the owl photo. An inside joke to herself as a sick joke/laugh.

Like JL said in one of his interviews he was beginning to recognize when she lied and that’s his possible explanation for the no contact for a week email from WA. He suspected that she didn’t want to be around him after the 18th because it was to the point where he “could read her really well”. He also said that he felt like no one in her life was with her enough to see behind the curtain. He theorized that those people were limited to himself, Danny & possibly the “other” boyfriend (Sack (sp?)). Jmo
I believe WA dumped JL, took her walk with Janine ( friend who she planted jealousy /stalking ideas of JL & joined her during police interview)& feigned larengitis the week of the murder so she could avoid people & be packing up the house for her impending move back to Miami.

A selfie that included a police car & crime scene tape?
NO. I suggested that WA may have sent a selfie of herself, wearing the symbolic owl t-shirt, verifying she saw with her own eyes, that the hitjob did in fact occur. The selfie may have been sent via WhatsApp to KM and/or the Adelson Team of conspirators (CA, DA, HA) "or" recovered from her cell/computer and not brought into evidence yet. Remember when SG phoned KM, KM already knew the hitjob occurred, how could that be? IMO, WA is a part of the events of that day, it was pre-planned, they knew the time it would occur. She is the one who told everyone about DM, JL and children schedules and the best time to perform the hitjob. Why did her conspirators rent a car like JLs? Another coincidence? Doubt it. WA very much involved with the hitjob. IMO
The video interrogation tapes permitted us to see the clothing she wore that day, what a coincidence, an owl!

NO. I suggested that WA may have sent a selfie of herself, wearing the symbolic owl t-shirt, verifying she saw with her own eyes, that the hitjob did in fact occur. The selfie may have been sent via WhatsApp to KM and/or the Adelson Team of conspirators (CA, DA, HA) "or" recovered from her cell/computer and not brought into evidence yet. Remember when SG phoned KM, KM already knew the hitjob occurred, how could that be? IMO, WA is a part of the events of that day, it was pre-planned, they knew the time it would occur. She is the one who told everyone about DM, JL and children schedules and the best time to perform the hitjob. Why did her conspirators rent a car like JLs? Another coincidence? Doubt it. WA very much involved with the hitjob. IMO
The video interrogation tapes permitted us to see the clothing she wore that day, what a coincidence, an owl!
Oooohhhh! I think you're onto something. I think it's much more likely that she intentionally wore the owl shirt to signal that the hit was complete, rather than as a nod to Brandeis University.

Oooohhhh! I think you're onto something. I think it's much more likely that she intentionally wore the owl shirt to signal that the hit was complete, rather than as a nod to Brandeis University.
This only makes sense if you assume she knew about Luis’s random sighting of an owl, all photographic evidence of which was deleted immediately, and that even if she did, the conspirators would understand this random reference.

Last edited:
Cross exam of Luis R at5:25 minutes
GC: When did you turn your cell phones back on?
LR: I think right away I think
GC: After leaving Tallahasse
LR: Yah if I remember. I don't really remember but, it got turned on
GC: Sometime after the murder they got turned back on
LR: Yah.
GC: ok, Do you remember what who made the first phone call out of the two of you?
LR: Uh I didn't make no phone call, he did.
GC: Who did he call?
LR: I think he called Katie. Or he called katie, He called Katie. He called Katie.
GC: He called Katie and were you able to hear the conversation with Katie
LR: Yes, Ma'am
GC: And what was that conversation
LR: He told her everything is done....and she like "I know" (mumbles) and the money...

GC: Ok, I'm going to back up just a little bit. How did she know it was done?
LR: I think she, she got a phone call right away, before we did.
GC: Alright. But, somehow she indicated she knew.
LR: Yes.

GC: Alright and you asked about the money. Did you personally ask about the money or was that Garcia? Who asked about the money
LR: It was Garcia
GC: What did she say about the money?
LR: You'll get it tomorrow.
My point is GC is making the point Katie was very aware the murder had occurred very soon after it occurred...so aware and confident that she says "You'll have your money tomorrow!!!!!! Doesn't sound like extortion, if she already knew in advance the money was a sure thing from the get- go.

It is so hard to transcribe because it goes so fast..so excuse if I missed an uh, hmm,ah, or ok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member