FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his license was suspended - but I can not find my notes for that... So do not think he can practice in the prison.
The other prisoners might not care.... Even if they can get someone to evaluate a tooth problem, they'd be ahead. Plus, he can be removing infected teeth, cleaning, all kinds of stuff where the other inmates will like his services. I can see him having a very successful gig in general pop.

HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY MINUSFOUR!!
Years ago, I had read about high suicide rates of certain professions: Yet year after year, both dentist and doctor remain among the occupations with the highest suicide rates. It seems as though in the United States, jobs requiring significant levels of aptitude, sacrifice, and education seem to be those with above-average risk of suicide.
In terms of profession, is the stress the same in every country? I would love your feedback when ever you have a chance. And always happy you are sharing with us!
Suicide might just be more conspicuous in those professions, perhaps because of the preferred forms of self-death, e.g. guns and narcotics. Many folks in those professions know how to be successful at it. I would imagine suicide rates in other populations are vastly undercounted.

And then there's the matter of what constitutes "suicide". Alcoholism? Drug use? Skiing down Everest? Sky diving? Driving at high speed? Driving a motorcycle? Purposely driving into objects? Hanging out with the wrong people?

1. (Is this tertiary hearsay? lol). I read where Fanci F said that, re WA’s boyfriend George/Jorge… he’s not a billionaires son but an immigration client of hers, a bit older and with a son. Did anyone hear that? I think it was from her live last night.
snipped

Just had a thought re that question.

Didn't Donna ( on a jail call) or a WS-er who posted about Ruth or Phil's recollections about a visit say that when the grandparents got to meet the boys, that Donna took another boy with her? Maybe there's something there - same boy? I can't recall the details now but somebody else might be able to

snipped

Didn't Donna ( on a jail call) or a WS-er who posted about Ruth or Phil's recollections about a visit say that when the grandparents got to meet the boys, that Donna took another boy with her? Maybe there's something there - same boy? I can't recall the details now but somebody else might be able to
Interesting!

The other prisoners might not care.... Even if they can get someone to evaluate a tooth problem, they'd be ahead. Plus, he can be removing infected teeth, cleaning, all kinds of stuff where the other inmates will like his services. I can see him having a very successful gig in general pop.
I have a feeling the Latin Kings aren't big fans of CA.

But where would he get the instruments to do dental work in prison? I guess he could have “make shift” instruments but — yeowch -anyone can pull a tooth! When we lived overseas as a kid I remember my sister tying a string to a door knob and the other end around my tooth — and then slamming the door!

New call uploaded 9th November - 19m long
( All these calls follow on from the earlier one with Donna where Donna warned him to stay upbeat on calls in order to get off suicide watch so not a lot of drama since then. Definitely not a must-listen call imo - rehashing same old....)

This is the female friend who's moved to Atlanta. ( Named either Skye or Scot? Judy from AALegal Focus had already uploaded it)
She's speaking to CA while her boyfriend is in the car with her so she's not a current GF of Charlie's. She watched all of the trial but not once does she challenge him on his rewriting of history when he complains about the trial.

Last edited:
snipped

Donna said Wendi brought someone with her, a “big guy” who has a son the same age as one of Wendi’s sons. I don’t think she said another kid was there, just this “ big guy.” It was not Jorge, or Donna would have said she brought Jorge. Donna says that Wendi took this guy with her so she would “feel more comfortable.” To me, this reminds me of how she took Jeff LaCasse with her when she had to see Dan.

snipped

Hi again. Was just thinking… did Donna go too when Ruth & Phil got to visit the boys?

Hi again. Was just thinking… did Donna go too when Ruth & Phil got to visit the boys?
Edited!

No, according to the conversation we all had on WS. Wendi ' supervised' it.
They all went to what was described as an ' eatery' and it was only an hour long and we all were discussing those aspects. ( No idea who was the source of all these details. Somebody on WS?)

Then, another time, Donna mentions this visit in a jail call, although with fewer details. She said to Charlie that she'd asked the boys separately how it went. Then Donna nastily claims the Markels obviously took photos of themselves with the boys for PR purposes. ( I remember this better because I posted the call link etc)

Last edited:
yes, according to the conversation we all had on WS.
They went to what was described as an ' eatery' and it was only an hour long and we all were discussing those parts. ( No idea who was the source of all these details. Somebody on WS?)

Then, another time, Donna mentions this visit in a jail call, although with fewer details. She said to Charlie that she'd asked the boys separately how it went. Then Donna nastily claims the Markels obviously took photos of themselves with the boys for PR purposes. ( I remember this better because I posted the call link etc)
The visit I've heard about -- Donna was not present (at 16:17 below.) Donna says that she talked to WA and the boys about the visit. Immediately before the 16:17 mark, Donna says that WA brought friends of theirs for the visit -- a big guy who has a kid the same age as Lincoln. JMO.

I can't wait to hear from the TV repairman. I reckon it's going to be almost the final piece to the puzzle. He arrives and is completely bewildered why WA wants to try and repair this crappy TV, she is told within 5mins it's not repairable and he can't leave as she keeps him talking, cracking jokes about TV presents and hitmen, then gets really upset. 45mins later he manages to escape, shaking his head in confusion at her bizarre behaviour...
I just started following this case recently and have been trying to watch all the trials and get caught up. Do you know if they have ever verified that a TV repairman actually came to WA's that morning or is that just the code her mom used to let her know the guys were in town and the hit would be happening that day? Thanks so much!

I just started following this case recently and have been trying to watch all the trials and get caught up. Do you know if they have ever verified that a TV repairman actually came to WA's that morning or is that just the code her mom used to let her know the guys were in town and the hit would be happening that day? Thanks so much!
It was clear from questions asked by the State in CA's trial that the State has verified that the tv repairman did go to WA's house that morning.

It was clear from questions asked by the State in CA's trial that the State has verified that the tv repairman did go to WA's house that morning.
Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 18.33.21.png

I can't find the other pages of it but this was from a TPD document release years ago. ( it doesn't have details of WA making hit-man joke to him but it's only 1 page long & first interview)

Also, I have no idea if there were follow-up interviews which elicited extra info so it's a FWIW post but might be of use to @rebelchild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA