FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the podcast…

I don’t understand how, hypothetically, the death of an EX spouse would prevent someone from taking a planned trip with their father.

I don’t understand why, hypothetically, the death of an EX spouse could require someone to move in with their parents until they could get back on their feet, when the person had been functioning on their own as a single parent living independently in their own home since the divorce.

I don’t understand how the death of an ex-spouse could be more destabilizing for the former spouse than the divorce itself was.

I find it interesting that the people participating in the writing workshop do not appear to ask these questions
Sorry my last reply was unclear.
Wendi herself said that the trip to Peru was during the summer.
the point is that there wasn‘t much time left after the murder for the trip.
and Dan was going to be taking the boys to Canada for 2 weeks THAT summer.
those are the 2 weeks Wendi was to be away with her father.

So the conclusion is that the Peru trip was approaching.
Any proof of this?

Ahh yes, the podcast. I believe Wendi claimed the trip was inspired by Harvey 's " brain cancer/tumor?"...& has been debunked by her former classmate/friend. He informed on a YouTube appearance that she literally stole that story as her own from another mutual friend .
When I said 2 places I didn’t mean 2 places in the podcast.
She mentions the trip in the podcast AND on the witness stand.
I don’t have the time right now but I’ll post the timestamp later. I’ll find it.

Can you attach a time stamp for her mention of trip with father? " where WA said to Det Isom about father's birthday trip? I don't want to listen to the whole thing again, again & again. Thank you in advance.
I spent last night cataloging info about the Machu Picchu trip and am providing links from WA's podcast 2015. Her story is Episode #6: click on start arrow in the laptop drawing to listen
"I was a professor at Florida State University College of Law. I was so proud to be a public interest lawyer and a mentor to my students. The novel I wrote about my client's stories had just been chosen as the common read for all first year students at FSU. In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker and then I was supposed to take my brain cancer surviving, just turned 70 father on a trip to Machu Picchu and I don't get to complain that I didn't get to do any of those things because I am alive."
The FSU commencement was August 2, 2014 (I've provided a link to the commencement it is 32 pgs)
Florida State University Commencement Ceremony Summer 2014 | DigiNole
Hope that helps with timelines.
Per JR interview on STS @38:00 to 41:00
"The podcast that she did where the writing was so disgusting and dispicable--the way she talked about Danny. And the other thing that like people never bring up is, she talked about wanting to take her recently cancer surviving Dad to Machu Picchu. He never had cancer. There was no brain cancer. In fact, that was someone else's parent who died of brain cancer. One thing Wendi does--she likes to gather other people's stories and use them as her own."
My point?? From Paella to Machu Picchu... interesting birthday gifts. Which one would you remember?

Good point. But I guess what I’m trying to say is that I don’t see how any of that would have had to change with Dan’s death. I don’t get the pressing need to move down to be closer to them BECAUSE of Dan’s death. Her particular circumstances do not seem, in my opinion, to have changed with the death such that her whole life needed to be upended.

As has been discussed here and elsewhere, the death did remove any obstacle to moving down. But in my opinion, it did more than that. To me, it seems to have conveniently provided some kind of justification for the move, in the name of “safety,” or “help.” Possibly, it was felt that an immediate move after the death would look too suspicious, especially since her circumstances vis a vis parenting arguably had not really changed, and so the references to safety, and needing to be near her parents, began almost immediately, in the police interview. Her testimony on the stand as I recall was that she went to South Florida after the murder because she needed the help of her parents - but, as you point out, she was already getting that. A murder would, conveniently, raise issues concerning safety in Tallahassee, which could serve as another justification for the move. Hypothetically, and just my opinion, of course.
Ok but you need to differentiate Coral Springs from South Beach. worlds apart.
The only reason that I’m bringing up about the Peru trip is that Wendi claimed she was supposed to go with her father there and I am casting doubts on that and that there wasn’t enough time.
It would just be another lie. I am sure the state knows.

And yes, that could have been the birthday gift and since she said it was a gift, why on the stand did she claim she didn’t remember what his birthday gift was from her?

I listened to the podcast months ago -many channel hosts didn’t even know about it and that she said ‘a professional” killed her husband in 1/2015 months before the first arrest.
I thought she didn’t know anything about the case?

Did she say there that she didn’t go because her dad had a cancerous brain tumor?
I’m going to let others respond for a while because I don’t like to “hog” a comments section.

The only reason that I’m bringing up about the Peru trip is that Wendi claimed she was supposed to go with her father there and I am casting doubts on that and that there wasn’t enough time.

And yes, that could have been the birthday gift and since she said it was a gift, why on the stand did she claim she didn’t remember what his birthday gift was from her?

I listened to the podcast months ago -many channel hosts didn’t even know about it and that she said ‘a professional” killed her husband in 1/2015 months before the first arrest.

Did she say there that she didn’t go because her dad had a cancerous brain tumor?
I’m going to let others respond for a while because I don’t like to “hog” a comments section.
Others are always free to chime in!

When I said 2 places I didn’t mean 2 places in the podcast.
She mentions the trip in the podcast AND on the witness stand.
I don’t have the time right now but I’ll post the timestamp later. I’ll find it.
Got the podcast EPISODE 6 info...it is right at the beginning of "her story" and very fluid comment. (I get the feeling the episode will get scrubbed soon.)
In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker and then I was supposed to take my brain cancer surviving, just turned 70 father on a trip to Machu Picchu and I don't get to complain that I didn't get to do any of those things because I am alive."
www.writingclassradio.com

Writing Class Radio SEASON 1

In the pilot episode, Andrea Askowitz, your teacher, will explain why YOU too can become a writer. Allison Langer, co-producer and a student in the class, tells her story from her very first writing class.

Got the podcast EPISODE 6 info...it is right at the beginning of "her story" and very fluid comment. (I get the feeling the episode will get scrubbed soon.)
In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker and then I was supposed to take my brain cancer surviving, just turned 70 father on a trip to Machu Picchu and I don't get to complain that I didn't get to do any of those things because I am alive."

In the pilot episode, Andrea Askowitz, your teacher, will explain why YOU too can become a writer. Allison Langer, co-producer and a student in the class, tells her story from her very first writing class.
How has this not been taken down by now? Is the writing class still going on?

ETA, I can’t even, with the hacky writing. JMO.

Can you attach a time stamp for her mention of trip with father? " where WA said to Det Isom about father's birthday trip? I don't want to listen to the whole thing again, again & again. Thank you in advance.
I spent last night cataloging info about the Machu Picchu trip and am providing links from WA's podcast 2015. Her story is Episode #6: click on start arrow in the laptop drawing to listen
"I was a professor at Florida State University College of Law. I was so proud to be a public interest lawyer and a mentor to my students. The novel I wrote about my client's stories had just been chosen as the common read for all first year students at FSU. In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker and then I was supposed to take my brain cancer surviving, just turned 70 father on a trip to Machu Picchu and I don't get to complain that I didn't get to do any of those things because I am alive."
The FSU commencement was August 2, 2014 (I've provided a link to the commencement it is 32 pgs)
Florida State University Commencement Ceremony Summer 2014 | DigiNole
Hope that helps with timelines.

I may have had that wrong. After seeing Knitpicker’s post I’m not sure if she said it during her police interview but I remember hearing her speak of that trip.

When I first heard that recording I was astounded, dumbfounded , nauseated, etc when Wendi said that it was a professional or a hitman. When I listened to it, it was well before anyone was arrested and they had nothing in the news about who was thought to have done it. They were speculating about lots of possibilities, including a disgruntled student. How did Wendi know that it was a hitman. I don’t live in Tallahassee, but would have a hard not convicting her if I was on the jury and that was played along with the timing when that class took place! Wonder if Georgia and her team have interviewed anyone in that class?

Hopefully, someone saved it.

GC: Did your Dad get any big gifts for his 70th?
WA: I don't remember.
GC: Did you... So there was no big lead up and discussion about some big gift that you were involved in at least?
WA: I don't remember, I don't remember if I gave him a present. I hope I did.
GC: Do you remember what anybody gave him for that birthday?
WA: I really don't.
GC: Was the murder of DM your Dad's big gift?
WA: Of course not. That's a horrible thing to say.
Beginning at 8:01 of this link..Great highlights
PS I find this summation to be fascinating on how fluidly WA denies something in one sentence and then says the opposite in the next. In the above link...now she doesn't even remember any gifts, planned or un-planned. Examples "I wasn't upset./ Oh yeah I was upset", "I never said that./I repeated "the joke" (So she did say it, duh?) Just a reminder...this video is the 3rd time WA is testifying. So it really makes me wonder if WA is being truthful about never talking to CA about KM's involvement in the murder plot. For example: Hey Charlie, remember your girlfriend KM? I sunbathed with her on the beach on Father's Day 2014 and she was just convicted in the murder-for-hire plot of my ex-husband. Charlie isn't that a cosmic coincidence?
Joan of Snark needs to take a break...coffee anyone?

GC: Did you... So there was no big lead up and discussion about some big gift that you were involved in at least?
PS I find this summation to be fascinating on how fluidly WA denies something in one sentence and then says the opposite in the next. In the above link...now she doesn't even remember any gifts, planned or un-planned. Examples "I wasn't upset./ Oh yeah I was upset", "I never said that./I repeated "the joke" (So she did say it, duh?) Just a reminder...this video is the 3rd time WA is testifying. So it really makes me wonder if WA is being truthful about never talking to CA about KM's involvement in the murder plot. For example: Hey Charlie, remember your girlfriend KM? I sunbathed with her on the beach on Father's Day 2014 and she was just convicted in the murder-for-hire plot of my ex-husband. Charlie isn't that a cosmic coincidence?
She also says in Charlie’s trial that she just found out who killed Dan that day. BUT she has already testified in two prior trials, one of which led to the conviction of the shooter, and one which led to Katie’s conviction. Was she asked whether she was aware of the arrests of Katie and Sig when they happened, and what she may have thought about that?

She also says in Charlie’s trial that she just found out who killed Dan that day. BUT she has already testified in two prior trials, one of which led to the conviction of the shooter, and one which led to Katie’s conviction. Was she asked whether she was aware of the arrests of Katie and Sig when they happened, and what she may have thought about that?
wasn't she saying that she'd only heard of Charlie's defense theory that day?

Right. That would have been a good question for Georgia to ask!
”Are you saying you didn’t even discuss Katies arrest? Or wondered what she had to do with the murder??”
we know the answer.

potentially, that sounds promising.
Yes I believe they feathered a nest for Wendi in advance, in preparation for her move to S FLA but I didn't know which condo, leased before Fathers Day

maybe @amicuscurie wish comes true? ( They've been raising the issue of dates for that Condo for a while)

100 S Pointe Dr Miami Beach FL 33139 - address for Continuum building but yes, it's where the photo of WA, KM and Jacindra was taken on fathers day 2014
Old 18th Jan post

spooky! FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

New upload from Mentour Lawyer on 24th JanScreenshot 2024-01-25 at 22.57.07.png

Mentour Lawyer, screenshot on the State's discovery on the condo. @newbysleuther and @amicuscurie

Anyway, Charlie will have an answer but.... am self censoring

Last edited:

I was just listening to her on the stand, and Georgia seems to ask her if she knows who did it, and she says she found out today. Of course, that may not be exactly what she meant, because you’re right, she said earlier that she found out the defense theory that day.

Old 18th Jan post

spooky! FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

New upload from Mentour Lawyer on 24th JanView attachment 477768

Mentour Lawyer, screenshot on the State's discovery on the condo. @newbysleuther and @amicuscurie

Anyway, Charlie will have an answer but.... am self censoring
So they did perhaps spend Father’s Day there, when that picture was taken of Katie and Wendi? Katie said the picture was take at Continuum, and Wendi said It was taken on Father’s Day. Harvey’s Birthday was a couple of weeks later. It is reasonable to think that the paella birthday party could have been at that same condo.

Interesting that Harvey’s name is on the lease. Wendi says in her police interview that Charlie had gotten them a condo. Maybe he got the condo in Continuum before that, and then Harvey got this one after that? Maybe Harvey took over the lease from Charlie In May, 2014? Donna’s emails refer to Harvey selling the practice to Charlie in 2013, and Wendi says in her police interview that Charlie got them a weekend place because Harvey had “semi-retired” to Miami Beach on weekends. Maybe they started spending weekends there earlier than May 2014, and then they got this place.

Still strange that they would have all lived together in a 2 BR. Are we sure that this wasn’t meant to be another weekend place? Are we sure they never all lived together in Coral Springs? I believe they did not sell the Coral Springs house until 2015. Wendi says in the writing podcast that she has been living with her parents for a year and is about to start a new job in Miami, so that leads me to believe that she started the job in Miami in the fall of 2015. In my opinion there would not have been a need to live full time in Miami before that. It is also a little unusual to rent a place on MiAmi Beach for the summer, but I guess if you live elsewhere in South Florida the heat doesn’t bother you

Last edited:
Right. That would have been a good question for Georgia to ask!
”Are you saying you didn’t even discuss Katies arrest? Or wondered what she had to do with the murder??”
we know the answer.
WA's use and derivative use immunity no doubt circumscribed the areas of questioning at trial. Particularly questions whose answers would not be all that probative of the guilt of the particular defendants on trial at the time.

So they did perhaps spend Father’s Day there, when that picture was taken of Katie and Wendi? Katie said the picture was take at Continuum, and Wendi said It was taken on Father’s Day. Harvey’s Birthday was a couple of weeks later. It is reasonable to think that the paella birthday party could have been at that same condo.

Interesting that Harvey’s name is on the lease. Wendi says in her police interview that Charlie had gotten them a condo. Maybe he got the condo in Continuum before that, and then Harvey got this one after that? Maybe Harvey took over the lease from Charlie In May, 2014? Donna’s emails refer to Harvey selling the practice to Charlie in 2013, and Wendi says in her police interview that Charlie got them a weekend place because Harvey had “semi-retired” to Miami Beach on weekends. Maybe they started spending weekends there earlier than May 2014, and then they got this place.

Still strange that they would have all lived together in a 2 BR. Are we sure that this wasn’t meant to be another weekend place? Are we sure they never all lived together in Coral Springs? I believe they did not sell the Coral Springs house until 2015. Wendi says in the writing podcast that she has been living with her parents for a year and is about to start a new job in Miami, so that leads me to believe that she started the job in Miami in the fall of 2015. In my opinion there would not have been a need to live full time in Miami before that. It is also a little unusual to rent a place on MiAmi Beach for the summer, but I guess if you live elsewhere in South Florida the heat doesn’t bother you
The Coral Springs home was sold 8/2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member