FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendi told the hitman ‘joke’ not Jeff’s chilling and serious version – there is a major distinction. I think you are missing my point. I’m no trying to discredit Jeff, you don’t need to be a social worker or have a background in psychology to piece together that Charlie was a suspect if you heard what Jeff heard. DAYS before the murder Jeff was told that Charlie had seriously looked into hiring a hitman. He said it was chilling and made his stomach flip AND a few months prior he spent time in a hot tub with Charlie hearing stories firsthand about how he abused woman and hated Dan Markel with a passion. I think Jeff’s exact words were “I heard him say a hundred times how he wanted to kill Dan Markel”. My post was not meant to open up a debate on details or facts because we can all interpret events differently if we are willing to look at them objectively.

No, I guess I don't get your point. I wasn't debating fact, simply trying to answer the question you posed: "why is everyone giving Jeff credit for ‘solving’ the murder – isn’t this simple intuition based on what he was told?"

My answer was that it wasn't just that he told the cops what he knew. JL was extremely eloquent in his police interviews and was able to provide real insight into the characters of Charlie, Wendi and the other Adelsons.

And no, most people would not be that articulate in describing another person's psyche. JL's psychology background was definitely helpful here. (For example, calling the family 'enmeshed'. That's straight out of a psych textbook and it perfectly describes the family dynamic.)

If you watch other police interrogations, you'll see what I mean. In comparison to how JL carefully and thoroughly elucidated his thoughts, most people are terrible at explaining themselves. They only tell bits and pieces of a story and the investigators have to drag out the details by painstaking questioning. (One current example involves the three dead bodies found in a Kansas City backyard. The story of the person living at that residence has been coming out in dribs and drabs with additional and sometimes contradictory details appearing almost every day. The resident and/or his attorney is terrible at explaining what happened and the contradictions make him seem even more guilty.)

Ok, i’ll bite. I was listening to some of the jail call and bump calls, particularly the “hot mic” call. On one of the bump calls, Charlie says to Donna that if they told Wendi, she would go to the police. This is strange to me. Why would Charlie think Wendi would go to the police if he knew Wendi herself was involved?

Later in the call, Donna says she wanted to go to the police, but Harvey said not to because they needed to protect Wendi, and she would be scared if she knew what was going on. This can be read different ways. Maybe Harvey wants to protect Wendi because she is involved. But- why does Donna say he is only worried about protecting Wendi? Wouldn’t he, assuming all of them are involved, want to protect all of them? Why does he even appear to indulge Donna’s suggestion to go to the police? Why wouldn’t he say “are you crazy?” instead of “ no, we have to protect Wendi?” This whole call is bizarre, to me. It is possible they know they are being recorded, and so they are trying to explain to the cops why they haven’t gone to the police. (Because reporting this extortion would scare Wendi.) But it’s still strange.

Then on the hot mic call, Donna seems to be incredulous that Wendi hasn’t even wanted to speak to Charlie, and she doesn’t understand why Wendi doesn’t want to talk to them. If Wendi was in on this with all of them and thus at risk herself, wouldn’t Donna get why Wendi doesn’t want to talk about it? And then, when she is reading Wendi’s text denying any involvement, she has these little asides, like “didn’t say she was.” Could Donna actually believe that Wendi was not involved, or not enough to implicate her legally? Could she believe that Charlie bears all of the responsibility for this, and so Wendi owes him a phone call, and there’s no harm in her calling him?

Hear me out: it appears to me that these people took every effort to keep Wendi out of the direct planning and execution of the murder. Thats what is frustrating a lot of us, it seems- the fact that there just isnt a lot of evidence on Wendi’s participation in the conspiracy, though much of her behavior suggests prior knowledge. Could it be that Donna, Charlie, and Harvey think that Wendi was NOT technically “involved” by their own definition, even though she might have had some knowledge?

Could it be that they have all along been keeping her under some “wink wink, don’t ask what we’re doing, do what we tell you” policy? Could it be that Wendi has been relying on their discretion and protection, and may have agreed to the murder only on the condition that they would leave her out of it? That would explain the defensive tone of that text from Wendi. We have seen that it appears Donna’s mouth may get her into trouble sometimes. Could it be that Donna told Wendi more than she was supposed to, or asked her to do more than she wanted to, or somehow keeps dragging her into this when she is trying to keep herself out of it?

Just something to think about. Please note: in my opinion, this does NOT excuse Wendi from, if she did know, stopping this from happening and/or distancing herself from her family and cooperating with the state. And, of course, there may be more evidence of her participation in the planning than we know about.

I don’t think we can’t draw and definitive conclusions from anything they said in any of the phone calls – jailhouse or otherwise. In one of the ‘bump’ calls Charlie even said to Donna ~ ‘you didn’t do anything wrong’, and they were also talking in code, so yes they suspected that their calls may have been being monitored so we can take everything they said with a grain of salt. As far as the ‘hot mic’ call, Donna was speaking to other people outside of the family that were in the room, so take anything she said there with a grain of salt as well.

I agree it appears to that they took every effort to keep Wendi out of the direct planning and execution. What’s also interesting is we have no evidence that Wendi was part of any of the ‘post bump’ strategizing. As far as Wendi’s behavior, it strongly suggests that at a bare minimum on the day Dan was murdered that she knew her family was very likely behind it. Maybe she knew prior, or was directly involved but you can make the case she was not a direct participant if you are willing to take an objective look.

I also agree strongly agree with your last paragraph. In any scenario, at a minimum, she made conscious decision to stand behind her family and there is NO WAY if she wasn’t directly involved, did she not know her family was involved at some point either prior to, day of, or shortly after the murder.

I don’t think we can’t draw and definitive conclusions from anything they said in any of the phone calls – jailhouse or otherwise. In one of the ‘bump’ calls Charlie even said to Donna ~ ‘you didn’t do anything wrong’, and they were also talking in code, so yes they suspected that their calls may have been being monitored so we can take everything they said with a grain of salt. As far as the ‘hot mic’ call, Donna was speaking to other people outside of the family that were in the room, so take anything she said there with a grain of salt as well.

I agree it appears to that they took every effort to keep Wendi out of the direct planning and execution. What’s also interesting is we have no evidence that Wendi was part of any of the ‘post bump’ strategizing. As far as Wendi’s behavior, it strongly suggests that at a bare minimum on the day Dan was murdered that she knew her family was very likely behind it. Maybe she knew prior, or was directly involved but you can make the case she was not a direct participant if you are willing to take an objective look.

I also agree strongly agree with your last paragraph. In any scenario, at a minimum, she made conscious decision to stand behind her family and there is NO WAY if she wasn’t directly involved, did she not know her family was involved at some point either prior to, day of, or shortly after the murder.
I agree. I used to believe there was a way to look at this as though her family did this behind her back, and she didn’t realize what had happened until she got to the police station and thought “oh, no, they actually did it.” However, the text shown at Charlie’s trial where she asks if Dan is going to be home because she wants to have the kids (on a day she was already supposed to have them) made me think otherwise. It’s only one text, yes, but in my opinion it’s pretty damning when coupled with all of the behaviors on the day of the murder and just prior, and the many inconsistent statements about those behaviors which seem to suggest prior knowledge.

ETA: When Charlie tells his mother “you didn’t do anything wrong,” though he may be speaking for the benefit of the police listening in, in my opinion it’s also possible that he may believe that, or want her to believe that. He may be thinking that because she didnt hire or pay the killers, doesn’t know who they are, only wrote a few checks, that she’s not a implicated. I’m not saying he’s right, but in general some people are capable of endless amounts of self- deception and ignorance of the law and police methods. In my opinion this crime may have been set up by Donna and Charlie with Charlie as the fall guy for the family if things went south, and Wendi and Harvey kept out of it (to varying degrees of success).

No, I guess I don't get your point. I wasn't debating fact, simply trying to answer the question you posed: "why is everyone giving Jeff credit for ‘solving’ the murder – isn’t this simple intuition based on what he was told?"

My answer was that it wasn't just that he told the cops what he knew. JL was extremely eloquent in his police interviews and was able to provide real insight into the characters of Charlie, Wendi and the other Adelsons.

And no, most people would not be that articulate in describing another person's psyche. JL's psychology background was definitely helpful here. (For example, calling the family 'enmeshed'. That's straight out of a psych textbook and it perfectly describes the family dynamic.)

If you watch other police interrogations, you'll see what I mean. In comparison to how JL carefully and thoroughly elucidated his thoughts, most people are terrible at explaining themselves. They only tell bits and pieces of a story and the investigators have to drag out the details by painstaking questioning. (One current example involves the three dead bodies found in a Kansas City backyard. The story of the person living at that residence has been coming out in dribs and drabs with additional and sometimes contradictory details appearing almost every day. The resident and/or his attorney is terrible at explaining what happened and the contradictions make him seem even more guilty.)

Sorry, I didn’t mean to accuse you of starting a debate :). I agree he was extremely eloquent in his police interviews while giving his account of things based on his firsthand knowledge, and yes, not everyone could articulate things so clearly. Your point is well taken, but I don’t think someone necessarily needed Jeff’s credentials to suspect Charlie simply based on the hitman story and conversation in the hot tub alone. Also, he dated Wendi for several months and had firsthand knowledge and gave plenty of examples of how Wendi’s parents treated their adult child – the fact that he described the family as ‘enmeshed’ based on his background in social work and his education is not surprising. That’s not meant to take anything away from him because it seems by all accounts that he had the family ‘enmeshment’ label correct. Hard to argue with that ‘opinion’ after reading Donna’s emails and listening to many of the wiretapped calls between her and Charlie. Maybe someone without Jeff’s credentials or education would not have used the term ‘enmeshed’ but would have made it clear that the family dynamic was not normal.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to accuse you of starting a debate :). I agree he was extremely eloquent in his police interviews while giving his account of things based on his firsthand knowledge, and yes, not everyone could articulate things so clearly. Your point is well taken, but I don’t think someone necessarily needed Jeff’s credentials to suspect Charlie simply based on the hitman story and conversation in the hot tub alone. Also, he dated Wendi for several months and had firsthand knowledge and gave plenty of examples of how Wendi’s parents treated their adult child – the fact that he described the family as ‘enmeshed’ based on his background in social work and his education is not surprising. That’s not meant to take anything away from him because it seems by all accounts that he had the family ‘enmeshment’ label correct. Hard to argue with that ‘opinion’ after reading Donna’s emails and listening to many of the wiretapped calls between her and Charlie. Maybe someone without Jeff’s credentials or education would not have used the term ‘enmeshed’ but would have made it clear that the family dynamic was not normal.
It still puzzles me that the cops made no attempt to contact Charlie or even investigate him at all or speak to anyone he knew about him. I don’t know how easy that would have been to do, but Jeff and Wendi herself each brought him up. Perhaps the South Florida cops could have done some asking around. They could have at least looked into him a little more than they did, it seems to me.

I agree. I used to believe there was a way to look at this as though her family did this behind her back, and she didn’t realize what had happened until she got to the police station and thought “oh, no, they actually did it.” However, the text shown at Charlie’s trial where she asks if Dan is going to be home because she wants to have the kids (on a day she was already supposed to have them) made me think otherwise. It’s only one text, yes, but in my opinion it’s pretty damning when coupled with all of the behaviors on the day of the murder and just prior, and the many inconsistent statements about those behaviors which seem to suggest prior knowledge.

ETA: When Charlie tells his mother “you didn’t do anything wrong,” though he may be speaking for the benefit of the police listening in, in my opinion it’s also possible that he may believe that, or want her to believe that. He may be thinking that because she didnt hire or pay the killers, doesn’t know who they are, only wrote a few checks, that she’s not a implicated. I’m not saying he’s right, but in general some people are capable of endless amounts of self- deception and ignorance of the law and police methods. In my opinion this crime may have been set up by Donna and Charlie with Charlie as the fall guy for the family if things went south, and Wendi and Harvey kept out of it (to varying degrees of success).

Re the text on the Dan’s ‘travel plans’ the week of the 14th - I believe that’s the only ‘new’ piece of evidence on Wendi that’s been introduced in the past two years.... I agree with you that it’s fair to question it and it does raise suspicion the only problem is like most of the other indicators of her guilt its not conclusive proof. I understand you can couple all of the behaviors together and be highly suspicious – but can you be certain? That’s the underlying issue – many trust their gut when looking at these behaviors and there is a lot of emotion with these ‘gut’ instincts based on many factors.

It still puzzles me that the cops made no attempt to contact Charlie or even investigate him at all or speak to anyone he knew about him. I don’t know how easy that would have been to do, but Jeff and Wendi herself each brought him up. Perhaps the South Florida cops could have done some asking around. They could have at least looked into him a little more than they did, it seems to me.

Fair criticism. If you are questioning that, you should be questioning the decision not to sign off on Charlies arrest affidavit in 2016. The answer might be related.

Re the text on the Dan’s ‘travel plans’ the week of the 14th - I believe that’s the only ‘new’ piece of evidence on Wendi that’s been introduced in the past two years.... I agree with you that it’s fair to question it and it does raise suspicion the only problem is like most of the other indicators of her guilt its not conclusive proof. I understand you can couple all of the behaviors together and be highly suspicious – but can you be certain? That’s the underlying issue – many trust their gut when looking at these behaviors and there is a lot of emotion with these ‘gut’ instincts based on many factors.
No, I can’t be certain. Certainly there could be an innocuous explanation. If Dan had not been killed, I certainly would believe the innocuous explanation was the correct one.
To date I have seen no evidence of Wendi‘s hiring or paying the killers or helping others to do so. However, that text could be construed as evidence of an act done in furtherance of the conspiracy, or an act intended to cause the death of the victim. The jury would not necessarily agree but could be asked to consider it.

..... subject of Jl's credentials & actions. Geesh, every mother-in-law would be thrilled to have his
vocabulary to describe the unhealthy dynamics of the "A" family. He had so many questions and bad vibes the more he was drawn into the hub of the wheel. I can't fault the man in any way for being emotionally divided...
the seduction of new love/physical attraction/ mutual interest, friends, job schedules etc... I don't care how book smart... feelings of love can derail anyone's judgment, for a while.
But MY POINT (Lol, I guess I don't have to say "feel free to disagree or correct info") In all of DA's and CA's phone calls can I recall any criticism of JL. NEVER ONCE DID THEY DISPARAGE JL or his testimony. They criticized Tally community, jurors, prosecutors, WA's book, & WA's drive by...hmmm? Along the same vein KM seemed to be off limits, too. But not for the same reason as Jeff...KM was their willing accomplice. (And KM's life sentence can mean 50 years or more behind bars. For DA the same sentence will be much shorter time behind bars... the scales of justice appears to favor the elderly.)

Last edited:
No, I can’t be certain. Certainly there could be an innocuous explanation. If Dan had not been killed, I certainly would believe the innocuous explanation was the correct one.
To date I have seen no evidence of Wendi‘s hiring or paying the killers or helping others to do so. However, that text could be construed as evidence of an act done in furtherance of the conspiracy, or an act intended to cause the death of the victim. The jury would not necessarily agree but could be asked to consider it.

My last thought, I wonder if Wendi had a habit of ‘verifying’ if Dan had plans to travel leading up to his weeks? If that was the only single week she inquired, I agree it’s very suspicious. I know he did travel a lot, and with his immediately family in Canada and girlfriend in NY, I bet in-between semesters, he had plans or was planning to travel with the boys in the summer when he had custody. Based on what we know about their ongoing ‘legal’ battles, and the terms they were on, I doubt he proactively disclosed any of his travel plans to Wendi until necessary or unless she directly asked.

My last thought, I wonder if Wendi had a habit of ‘verifying’ if Dan had plans to travel leading up to his weeks? If that was the only single week she inquired, I agree it’s very suspicious. I know he did travel a lot, and with his immediately family in Canada and girlfriend in NY, I bet in-between semesters, he had plans or was planning to travel with the boys in the summer when he had custody. Based on what we know about their ongoing ‘legal’ battles, and the terms they were on, I doubt he proactively disclosed any of his travel plans to Wendi until necessary or unless she directly asked.
Had he been planning to travel during her scheduled overnight, he would likely have told her, in my opinion. As you say, at some point it would have been necessary. Perhaps she asked first, but it seems unlikely to me that each party would have been required to ask each week if the other party was traveling. Presumably the state knows if there are similar texts or if that one was unique.

Wendi said she planned to take her father away to Peru for 2 weeks for his birthday (no mention of Donna).
she said it was when Dan was going to take the boys to Canada to see his family,
That had to be happening from july 20th-mid august because Kindergarten would have started for Benjamin mid August as it does in S Florida.
So there wasn’t a lot of time left.

So yes he had those plans for Canada I would say within 2 weeks after the week of his death or even sooner.
Another reason why the murder had to happe…and soon.

I have wondered if it was confirmed that trip was bought and paid for by Wendi.

Or, am I overthinking this, and they are in fact speaking this way because they know they are being recorded?
I think the fact that they consistently left their homes and went to noisy restaurants and to outside tables on windy days- the several times the prosecution has shared what was recorded - is clear evidence they thought it was highly likely they were being recorded. As CA pointed out in one of his jail calls to his mother, the fact that Wendi would be driving by her marital home in the immediate aftermath of the shooting was telling and he thought that the possibility that this ‘coincidence’ would be seen by the jury as improbable and not remotely believable.

Wendi said she planned to take her father away to Peru for 2 weeks for his birthday (no mention of Donna).
she said it was when Dan was going to take the boys to Canada to see his family,
That had to be happening from july 20th-mid august because Kindergarten would have started for Benjamin mid August as it does in S Florida.
So there wasn’t a lot of time left.

So yes he had those plans for Canada I would say within 2 weeks after the week of his death or even sooner.
Another reason why the murder had to happe…and soon.

I have wondered if it was confirmed that trip was bought and paid for by Wendi.

I do recall her mentioning her Dad’s birthday trip in her interview with Isom. If there was no hard date set, perhaps that’s why she was probing about Dan’s travel plans if her plan was to travel the same week or weeks that Dan traveled? Although if that were the case, you’d think she’s just ask him directly when he was planning the ‘Canada’ trip, but I do get the feeling clear and direct communication is not one of her stronger qualities :)

I don’t believe Wendi will be indicted. She will remain an unindicted co-conspirator. Based on everything I’ve seen, my conclusion is that this crime was primarily instigated by Donna, with Charlie as her lieutenant. Just like Donna micromanaged Wendi’s meeting and marriage to Dan and Wendi went along with it….Wendi went along with Mommy Dearest leading up to the hit. She wanted out of Tally no doubt. But it was Donna that threw fuel on the fire and without Donna’s interference Dan would be alive!

I’m basing this on the evidence we’ve seen SO FAR. As well as what has come out of Georgia’s mouth during questioning and closing argument at Charlie’s trial. It is clear to me that the state does not believe Wendi masterminded or actively plotted this murder. They believe she knew about the plan.

Either way, I do not believe the state/Georgia thinks she can convict Wendi. Again, I’m basing this on what we’ve seen so far. Unless Georgia is holding on to bombshell evidence that implicates Wendi….which I sincerely doubt.

Harvey is also unlikely to be indicted. I believe Donna’s trial will be the last one in this saga.

JMO

I don’t believe Wendi will be indicted. She will remain an unindicted co-conspirator. Based on everything I’ve seen, my conclusion is that this crime was primarily instigated by Donna, with Charlie as her lieutenant. Just like Donna micromanaged Wendi’s meeting and marriage to Dan and Wendi went along with it….Wendi went along with Mommy Dearest leading up to the hit. She wanted out of Tally no doubt. But it was Donna that threw fuel on the fire and without Donna’s interference Dan would be alive!

I’m basing this on the evidence we’ve seen SO FAR. As well as what has come out of Georgia’s mouth during questioning and closing argument at Charlie’s trial. It is clear to me that the state does not believe Wendi masterminded or actively plotted this murder. They believe she knew about the plan.

Either way, I do not believe the state/Georgia thinks she can convict Wendi. Again, I’m basing this on what we’ve seen so far. Unless Georgia is holding on to bombshell evidence that implicates Wendi….which I sincerely doubt.

Harvey is also unlikely to be indicted. I believe Donna’s trial will be the last one in this saga.

JMO

My only hope for a Wendi indictment is based on DA being indicted a week after CA's conviction. So maybe there's a chance WA is next after DA's trial, assuming she is found guilty ? I agree HA will not be indicted.

JMO
I more or less agree with you. I think Wendi knew about the plan, took a backseat and let CA and DA drive the murder. Although she would have contributed in the planning by providing some information to CA/KM e.g DM's movements on the day of the murder. So she is complicit in the murder of DM, but can the State prove it? With the evidence we know they have at the moment, I don't think so. But I believe more incriminating evidence will surface during DM's trial, specifically digital evidence. All we need is one text message or one phone call and WA goes down with the ship. If she called or texted KM on the day of the murder she's toast.

I also believe GC is very committed to seeing justice served. WA belongs in jail and if the state can't indict her on murder charges, GC will get her on perjury or unpaid parking tickets or something. She will not rest until WA is behind bars.

LE have in their possession the data retrieved from WA's phone in 2014, DA's phone, HA's phone, HA's Ipad and 2 x Macbooks one purchased in 2013, 8 months prior to the murder. These dimwits are not smart enough to cover their tracks. Even when they know LE are listening in on their calls, they are still blabbing their mouths. So there will be something on those devices. One of those laptops is probably HAs. Imagine LE retrieving 10 years of internet search history. All we need is one search for "how to remove fingerprints from money" or something like that.

Last edited:
I have wondered if all the curfufle about where they would enroll Ben for kindergarten was driven by WA assuming they would no longer be in Tally. Wasn’t WA unwilling to commit to DM’s preferred school? That’s not surprising considering their dynamics but WA might have been procrastinating if she knew she was going to be moving. OMO. Just a thought.

From Sept 8th 2016 when TPD issued their PCA against Charles Adelson to April 20th 2022 when the SAO2FL obtained a Grand Jury indictment, we have seen 5 years and 7 months worth of pseudo-sleuthing arguments, from both sides for or against an eventual arrest and conviction of any one Adelson. Now, Charles Adelson is in state prison and Donna Adelson is in county jail.

Same, we see the hundreds of pieces of casuistry, for or against an eventual arrest of the State labeled unindicted co-conspirator Wendi Adelson, especially from the November month conviction of Charles Adelson and arrest of mother Donna Adelson for 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and solicitation to commit the murder of Wendi Adelson’s ex-husband Dan Markel.

1. Who was the motor driving Charles Adelson to cajole Katherine Magbanua to recruit Sigfredo Garcia from Thanksgiving 2015 to July 2016 to kill Dan Markel?
2. Who was the taskmaster whipping the already elderly Donna and Harvey Adelson to drive miles in the evening to deliver wet $$ cash as blood payments, according to Magbanua testimony and cellular phone travels evidence disclosed by the State?
In terms of circumstantial evidence, IMHO the State has far more undisclosed relevant items as compared to the hundreds of pieces of sophistry exchanged in varied fora thus far against Wendi Adelson. What the State does not have yet is a single physical evidence, which is required for 1st degree murder indictment, as argued by ex SA Willie Meggs in 2016. IMHO, this single physical evidence is forth coming!

The following is my speculation. I foresee a rough timeline as follow:
1. IMHO, despite Dan Rashbaum’s pretense as he did with Charles Adelson, his cash cow Donna Adelson is going to waive her right for speedy trial and her attorneys will beg for continuances.
2. As time progress, more discovery items are still forthcoming including more class A witnesses. Such eventually that Dan Rashbaum might have to recuse himself as attorney no matter how sweet the $$ cash are when he would be listed as witness, IMHO.
3. Ex ante, Donna Adelson’s "independent" attorney would slow walk her process. Charles Adelson would hard press his appeal attorney to hasten his appeal process. IMHO, more and more Adelson wealth will go to the drains toward the billable hours of the shroud justifications and obscure actions of these three sets (a lot !!!) of “super” attorneys.
4. IMHO, ex post Donna Adelson would be eventually convicted and Charles Adelson’s appeal would eventually fail. Then, multiple pieces of physical evidence would accumulate such that the SAO2FL would go to a Grand Jury to petition for two more indictments.

I spent time writing this long post to convince you sceptic people that Justice Will Fully Prevail. Wait and see!

Last edited:
<modsnip - not an approved source>. I’m trying to view things objectively and I will admit that in the past I have considered the possibility that Charlie & Donna did not involve Wendi in their sinister plans. I am fully aware of ALL the reasons that everyone believes Wendi was involved because they are drilled into everyone’s head by those the follow the case and those that dedicate countless hours on various social media outlets hosting channels or moderating forums. I am sure this post will compel people to want to list the reasons she was involved. As I said I’m aware of everything and I’m not trying to start a debate just sharing some thoughts – so you don’t have to list all the reasons she is guilty :).

Had it not been for Jeff Lacasse, I think things may be viewed differently. Jeff Lacasse told the detectives within minutes of his police interview to ‘investigate’ Charlie. I have nothing against Jeff, but why does everyone seem so amazed that he ‘suspected’ or had the foresight to mention to the detectives that Charlie was likely involved? Wendi literally told Jeff the SAME week that Dan was murdered that Charlie looked into hiring a hitman! I see many people state ‘Jeff solved the crime’ within minutes of his police interview. He said what Wendi told him the week of the murder was ‘chilling’ and made Jeff’s ‘stomach flip’ so why is everyone giving Jeff credit for ‘solving’ the murder – isn’t this simple intuition based on what he was told?

IMO because most give Jeff all this credit for ‘solving’ the murder and being so perceptive, everything else Jeff said while looking in the rearview mirror is held with such high regard and opinions of certain events or actions may have been unfairly formed as a result. If we stick to the high level facts we know with a VERY high degree of certainty that Charlie, Donna, Katie, Sigfredo, & Luis ALL played a part in Dan’s death and should be held accountable. Wendi may have played a part in the planning or was aware, but that is speculation based on the evidence. Again, I am aware of everything listed as indicators of Wendi’s involvement and all the ‘coincidences’ – I think the usage of the word ‘coincidences’ when listing some of the case ‘facts’ or ‘details’ is being used improperly. I agree there are some events that we could call ‘coincidences’, but many that people cite as a coincidence are merely just events. My rant is not to say I think Wendi is innocent, and I sure some will view it that way, just starting to question things after hearing other perspectives with the recent coverage by other channel’s taking a fresh look.
Your post is a reminder of how difficult it will be for the state to overcome the reasonable doubt standard if the new channels following this case still doubt Wendi's involvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member