FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CA said he should have trusted his gut and left the country. DA & HA tried to flee. Why (if you don't mind me asking) would WA not be considering the same vein to avoid prosecution? I can not see the benefit of staying, getting arrested, huge legal expenses, trial and possibly being found guilty of being complicit in a murder for hire. (I wrote "possibly" because of hung jury, mistrial, meteor strike etc.)
We are dealing with quite a broken, maladjusted and unstable woman. She's completely deluded and has convinced herself she is innocent. That voice we all have our inner monologue that advises us, guides us, stops us from doing stupid things, makes us feel bad, or in WA's case tells us we're guilty and we need to run, well her inner monologue has been pretty much silenced.

So she is living her life like an innocent person would. She has told her lawyer she is innocent, because that's what she believes, she'd not trying to sneak her way out of being prosecuted, she's a lawyer, she believes in the law and she knows she can't be arrested because she didn't do anything wrong, there is no evidence.

It's like an athlete that takes performance enhancing drugs and wins an Olympic gold. Most of us wouldn't do that because our inner monologue would remind us daily how we cheated, well like WA, their inner monologue has been silenced...

Even when she is arrested, she'll still convince herself she won't be successfully prosecuted. The penny will drop after a few years of sitting in a prison cell, appeals exhausted..

And this is where her lawyer, John Lauro, (and CAs and DA's lawyers) is probably falling short. Speculative on my part, but I feel that he's probably forgotten what his main role as a criminal defence attorney is, act in his clients best interests.. I feel that he's constantly reassuring WA. stroking her fragile ego, telling her she has nothing to worry about, the state's case against her is weak, making her feel good.

I say that because if he had given her the brutal truth, she would have already unalived herself, fled to Mexico or tried to make a deal with the State. What JL needs to say to her is, imagine you're 20 years deep into a life sentence, you find a time machine and come back to this point. Do you do anything different? So that's what's stopping her fleeing, completely 100% deleuded.

I'm most excited to hear DA's explanation for "this TV is 5" and the even more obscure "they are repairing bridges" which caused CA to reprimand her "stop with the nonsense!"
I remember that. At one point it seems to me like she was trying to use some kind of coded language about the dental practice to cover that they were talking about how Katie was trying to figure out who was behind the bump.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but Rashbaum can no longer

It was one of the post-bump calls. CA phones DA and HA and tells them to stop stressing etc
Thanks.
These poor jurors. They're going to spend half of the trial wearing headphones trying to decipher jail calls, wire-taps, veiled language and coded references.

when they'd much prefer deciphering Donna diaries 2012 - 16, recently produced from a Miami lawyer's safe.....
( Rashbaum to Donna ' Just don't write anything down' )

I remember that. At one point it seems to me like she was trying to use some kind of coded language about the dental practice to cover that they were talking about how Katie was trying to figure out who was behind the bump.
I think you are right. In dentistry though, bridges don't get repaired. (A broken bridge is replaced)

Ignore the yellow arrow and just focussing on the top line note. The ' Wendi - here in town' caught my eye

Returning to the topic of the rumour of a move to Texas and the fact that she's rented out the apartment, is it possible that WA was already using a second place of residence, out of town? Already by June 2023, a few months before CA's trial was due.

It's probably a nothing burger but it's just not the way I'd write it if my daughter who lived in my town was simply coming back from a trip. ( It's the language I'd use if my daughter was not often in town)
Maybe her current bf already has another place, 'out of town'

View attachment 521584

Source for the screenshot is Donna's 2022 -23 planner. I'll post the other STS screenshots in a separate post
returning to this point because I just remembered that in the ' 85 tagged items' list ( mentour Lawyer's discovery of items tagged by TPD's LEO, as transcribed onto WS last week ) it has the following in Donna's diary:

‘ Fill out long term guest form for wendi’
( have googled that. it's a thing. how it relates to Wendi's whereabouts & how much time she spent at her condo.... who knows?)

returning to this point because I just remembered that in the ' 85 tagged items' list ( mentour Lawyer's discovery of items tagged by TPD's LEO, as transcribed onto WS last week ) it has the following in Donna's diary:

‘ Fill out long term guest form for wendi’
( have googled that. it's a thing. how it relates to Wendi's whereabouts & how much time she spent at her condo.... who knows?)
Perhaps possibly it’s a form that the new Vietnam place requires? OR- they had intended for her to live in their condo when they left, possibly, and so they had to fill out a form. Or maybe so she could come and go as needed to take care of things for them? Or- Could we have solved the mystery of the “move to Austin?” Did they think she would move in to their place?

ETA- they seemed to have counted in their daughter to be their point person in Miami to take care of things after they left. To me, this demonstrates a total lack of awareness of how this would look for Wendi. Could they really have believed she’d never be tied to this crime, that they had kept her out of it sufficiently? That helping them after they fled wouldn’t be considered being an accessory? They really seem to me to have no idea about what is going on with “the case,” or what “the case” even is! As Donna says in one of her texts (or open mic calls), there is no case, the case is over, this has nothing to do with the case (but they need her help with extradition law).

Last edited:
What's this about diaries?
Sorry, I meant planners/calendars

BTW Just started listening to that latest STS - to see what they had unearthed from the discovery - here's a couple of items which were new. ( New to us here)
I cannot read most of it myself - low definition & scrawly hand writing - but that 'Zelle' ref and 'Tell Wendi' stood out for me. Maybe other members can have a go at deciphering these images Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 11.32.02.pngScreenshot 2024-08-02 at 11.36.07.png

Edit
Here's the link for the show. It's rather scrappy- host seems to be sick and there are more screenshots/evidence in the episode but I'm trying to skip through it tbh. )

Listening and typing so just heard another snippet. One of the STS Patreon members observations was just read out. Apparently Donna was calling the cemetery - where she'd bought their plots - to see if she could sell the plots! No dates were given for that calendar entry

Last edited:
ZZ (( :)))
"but Rashbaum can no longer" ???? Did I miss something? No longer what?
I think I was about to write:

Rashbaum can no longer claim DA was going to Vietnam on a holiday as he previously claimed on an STS interview with Joel. DA's messages about emergency visas to Vietnam and google searches for countries that don't extradite to the USA means they will have to admit she was attempting to flee and go with she feared she'd face a biased Tallahassee jury..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back