FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An attorney I will not name just said recently on STS that he knew them both and they were always laughing and affectionate and he doesnt believe that she wasn’t in love with him, or didn’t find him attractive. Kind of shocking.
I watched that one but I don't think he knew either of them well at all. Oftentimes I wonder re the show ' why are you asking X about Y when it's not their wheelhouse?'

However back on the Sunpass issue - and Floridians or ex Floridians can fact check this :
Donna's sunpass not registering as they left home to travel to Wendis on 14 July means nothing even if that's what defense will try to suggest ( Because she could've paid cash at toll, or used another vehicle, or used somebody else's sunpass )

Last edited:
I watched that one but I don't think he knew either of them well at all. Oftentimes I wonder re the show ' why are you asking X about Y when it's not their wheelhouse?'

However back on the Sunpass issue - and Floridians or ex Floridians can fact check this :
Donna's sunpass not registering as they left home to travel to Wendis on 14 July means nothing even if that's what defense will try to suggest ( Because she could've paid cash at toll, or used another vehicle, or used somebody else's sunpass )
The 18th you mean?

The Sun pass issue is moot anyway. LE have confirmed that DA's phone pinged outside CA's house at 8.57PM, and then was pinging off towers in Orlando around 1.30AM. So their movements can be proved.

Cash stopped at tolls January 2014

Yes, a lawyer can absolutely argue that. Rashbaum sort of has, IMO, by saying he can’t get a fair jury because people are talking about the case online, hasn’t he?). Not sure what the remedy would be for the argument that the internet in general has prejudiced the client- you can’t put a gag order on the whole internet and you can’t just throw out the case pm can you? Can you try ti find a venue where people aren’t on the internet as much? I really don’t know. But I do think we will be seeing more of the type of arguments Rashbaum is making with regard to Prejudicing the potential jurors. We want justice, but we also want it to be fairly achieved, and not vulnerable to appeal.
So far behind on reading, but I love the fact the public has access to information on the internet. We get safety notices, warnings, Amber alerts, endangered adults, traffic reports and a host of other benefits. Up until then, we received "sanitized" information from a newspaper thown on our front porch, or 30 second sound bites (with a 7 second delay) from someone reading a script.
Sure attorneys "can argue" it prejudices their case...heck they can argue anything! If we believed Rashbaum's last arguments, every murder for hire plot can now be attributed to gangs cornering unsuspecting citizens in extortion plots. Oh brother. The A's got years (lots of years btw) when the powers that be claimed they had no involvement via internet, newsprint, radio. I'd rather have more information (pro & con) and be able to make my own choices. back to catching up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back