FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
James from Mentour lawyer put up a video late last night-with great commentary on the hearing and also read more of the conversation between Harvey and Scott Radius. Great info.

It is surprising that Scott and Harvey continued to converse in 2024 , when Harvey knew it was Scott who turned Donna in. That was strange.
Harvey wanted Charlies money back, but Scott said ownership could be transferred to his son, but that Scott was in no position to buy out Charlie’s share- seems Scott and other investors (or maybe just one other?) were part of it.
Still baffling is the fact that no documentation or paperwork exists. Scott said Charlie wanted that.
Perhaps Donna knew that as she was making payments, but Harvey didn’t.
Seems Charlie would have been sure he was never going to be arrested or convicted (I;d have to check to see when he bought the villa in 2022-I think prior to his arrest?-maybe someone knows so I don't have to go back)purchasing a villa with a completion date in 2024.
Two years after his arrest.
Before the arrest, Donna could have been posing as Harvey in conversation with Scott. Discussing hotels, airlines, etc.

Does anyone remember that when Donna was arrested, I believe it was announced that Scott said he has had no contact with Donna in 10 years except one short conversation?
Hypothetically, what makes more sense, buying a villa in Vietnam after you’re arrested, or before?

Hypothetically, what makes more sense, buying a villa in Vietnam after you’re arrested, or before?
I was in a rush to get out of the house or I would have gone back to find out when it was purchased. ML went over that last week. That was part of Donnas planner. Of course it would have been logical before, But I didn’t remember the date the payments started.

Yes, I don’t recall Charlie specifically saying he told Donna he was being extorted by the Latin Kings – but I don’t think it really matters if he specifically 'named' the gang. I believe the defense will 100% be selling the story that Donna was in fear the moment she heard Charlie was being extorted. That will be one of the main pillars of their argument.
I believe it would be disingenuous for the defense to claim he was in fear “of gangs” from the day of the murder, or that Donna was in fear “of gangs” from the moment he told her he was being extorted. It is possible they could argue they were in fear of murdering thugs, and perhaps that is a distinction without a difference.

But I think it does make a difference, because “gang members,” to me, is an inherently inflammatory and prejudicial term to use. And in my opinion any claim that either Donna or Charlie were in fear of “gang members” from the day of the murder is not supported by the evidence that I’ve seen.

The evidence that I’ve seen, including Rivera’s own testimony, is that Sig was not in a gang, and that although Luis was in a gang, he did not go along to Tallahassee pursuant to his role in the gang, this was simply a personal thing he did with Sig. Luis was expressly asked about this, as I recall, and he testified that the Latin Kings were in no way involved in the murder.

The only evidence I’ve seen as to any gangs being involved in this case is Charlie’s testimony in this trial that while in the car outside Dolce Vita - nearly two years later and conveniently when the FBI was not able to record him - Katie told him that Luis was a Latin King and was involved in killing Dan and extorting him. This testimony, in my opinion, is self-serving.

The claim by Charlie that he’s currently being threatened in prison by angry gang members, in my opinion, is simply an effort to bolster Donna’s defense. It’s certainly possible that they might be upset that Charlie accused them of extortion, but, for me that’s not easy to believe, given that the ONlY time he alleged that any gang member extorted him was in his (in my opinion self-serving) testimony about what Katie said to him in the car outside Dolce Vita.

Last edited:
I was in a rush to get out of the house or I would have gone back to find out when it was purchased. ML went over that last week. That was part of Donnas planner. Of course it would have been logical before, But I didn’t remember the date the payments started.
Exactly. Hypothetically, why buy a place to flee after you’re arrested? Hypothetically, why flee after you’re acquitted? Something is not adding up for me with this.

Last edited:
Exactly. Hypothetically, why buy a place to flee after you’re arrested? Hypothetically, why flee after you’re acquitted? Something is not adding up for me with this.
Looks like January 22, 2022 was the purchased date. I thought it was very close to his arrest.
So he may have thought it would be ready to flee too but he got arrested. I believe April 2022. I know it was around the time of B’s Bar Mitzvah.
I wouldnt even begin to try and read his mind.

Here’s the reference—the photo is not uploading,
It states the purchase date .

@ 3:33 timestamp

I believe it would be disingenuous for the defense to claim he was in fear “of gangs” from the day of the murder, or that Donna was in fear “of gangs” from the moment he told her he was being extorted. It is possible they could argue they were in fear of murdering thugs, and perhaps that is a distinction without a difference.

But I think it does make a difference, because “gang members,” to me, is an inherently inflammatory and prejudicial term to use. And in my opinion any claim that either Donna or Charlie were in fear of “gang members” from the day of the murder is not supported by the evidence that I’ve seen.

The evidence that I’ve seen, including Rivera’s own testimony, is that Sig was not in a gang, and that although Luis was in a gang, he did not go along to Tallahassee pursuant to his role in the gang, this was simply a personal thing he did with Sig. Luis was expressly asked about this, as I recall, and he testified that the Latin Kings were in no way involved in the murder.

The only evidence I’ve seen as to any gangs being involved in this case is Charlie’s testimony in this trial that while in the car outside Dolce Vita - nearly two years later and conveniently when the FBI was not able to record him - Katie told him that Luis was a Latin King and was involved in killing Dan and extorting him. This testimony, in my opinion, is self-serving.

The claim by Charlie that he’s currently being threatened in prison by angry gang members, in my opinion, is simply an effort to bolster Donna’s defense. It’s certainly possible that they might be upset that Charlie accused them of extortion, but, for me that’s not easy to believe, given that the ONlY time he alleged that any gang member extorted him was in his (in my opinion self-serving) testimony about what Katie said to him in the car outside Dolce Vita.
Another subject- do you remember Marcia Rodriguez from KMs trial? She was supposed to be a witness at DAs trial
She was the expert at cell phone extraction.
Seems DR is barking up the wrong tree w/ extractions.
I don’t want to give him ideas- is it possible he he missed her testimony/
I understood she was coming out of retirement for this trial..
And was hoping she had more re Wendi.
None of the newbies know of her -and i have never heard her mentioned by people.

Obviously it’s a silly story that no one bought, but Charlie claimed Katie’s ‘friends’ threatened to kill him if he didn’t pay them a 1/3 of a million dollars – fear was a big part of Charlie’s double extortion defense. I would bet anything that ‘fear’ will also be a major component of Donna’s defense – stressed more so than in Charlie’s trial. Whether they work in the ‘gang’ angle / reference remains to be seen. I do believe they will work that in to the story, however it’s not necessarily critical to specify a ‘gang’ was extorting them – simply that they were being ‘extorted’ by someone threatening to kill them (or at least Charlie) has the same impact. Opinions may vary on that point.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - Donna Adelson was back in court Friday morning, less than two weeks before the start of her murder and conspiracy trial.

State prosecutors allege Adelson conspired with her son, Charlie Adelson, to kill her former son-in-law, Dan Markel, in July 2014. Markel was a young father who worked as a law professor at Florida State University in Tallahassee.

Jury selection for the 74-year-old’s trial starts September 17.

Updated: 22 hours ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae
Back