Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CB has written many letters to various people since he has been incarcerated. Would the psychiatrist be allowed access to them for insight or would that be forbidden due to copyright?

CB has written many letters to various people since he has been incarcerated. Would the psychiatrist be allowed access to them for insight or would that be forbidden due to copyright?
Good point; although I've no idea what the copyright law states. But the trial reveals that correspondence in the form of a list of items he wanted removed from his house given by CB to his girlfriend was in police files.
If the court has agreed expert access to the files, does that have precedence? No idea.

Anyway, in yet another example of the mysteries being enacted in the Braunschweig court it can be seen that even witnesses for the defence have momentary lapses of one kind or another.
On the tenth day of the trial
Snip
Love affair in the Algarve: Christian B.'s ex-affair testifies
Braunschweig. Despite her 17-year age difference, the woman was attracted to the younger man. Did she help destroy evidence?

Woman from days together in Portugal cannot remember list

When the witness was questioned about prison visits to Christian B., she revealed large gaps in her memory.
She was shown, for example, a list that the defendant is said to have written in Portuguese custody.
On it were things that were to be brought out of his house.

The woman stated that she did not know the list, and that she should not have taken anything out of the house.
However, investigation files show that it was she herself who gave the list to the Federal Criminal Police Office.
During earlier interrogations, she is also said to have said: "I didn't understand why we should get all this out."

Even if so, it is sometimes beneficial for us to be reminded every so often of exactly how bestial CB's crimes are as well as the lasting effects they have on the survivors.

He broke that woman's jaw at some stage of the degrading punishments he inflicted on her, which resulted in her being made fearful in her own home and unable to sleep without a light on in her room for the rest of her days.
Well said. I think the dangerousness of CB & the pain & he’s caused many people, is something that people don’t quite connect with. It’s not a nasty prosecutor & a crusade against Prince Charming.

‘Copyright’ - that made me chuckle & then frown. Because I wouldn’t be surprised if their system protected a suspect from an expert talking about their letters to the media without their consent.

I guess we won't know, depending on how wide or narrow the remit is,also it may not be the particular field of the Dr. From the BZ report CB would not see him so he's only left with the case files of previous convictions of which he determined CB does not have a sexual sadism disorder nor is he a core paedo, make of it what you will.

Let's say he could access the letters that came into the public domain... but I'm not sure how helpful they'd be since the ones I recall reading are where he's protesting his innocence and accusing those investigating him of having a grudge against him and trying to fit him up. I would have thought the Buchs (if they form part of the files he's accessing) would offer more of an insight into CB than any letters he's sent since the Buchs were for his own writing 'pleasure' rather than written with a view to other people reading them.

Let's say he could access the letters that came into the public domain... but I'm not sure how helpful they'd be since the ones I recall reading are where he's protesting his innocence and accusing those investigating him of having a grudge against him and trying to fit him up. I would have thought the Buchs (if they form part of the files he's accessing) would offer more of an insight into CB than any letters he's sent since the Buchs were for his own writing 'pleasure' rather than written with a view to other people reading them.
We've never heard the result of, if the evidence from the factory is to be heard.

Last edited:
‘Copyright’ - that made me chuckle & then frown. Because I wouldn’t be surprised if their system protected a suspect from an expert talking about their letters to the media without their consent.

It is the cavalier appraisal of the evidence already given which was used to justify the withdrawal of the arrest warrant which probably goes a long way to reinforcing your opinion.
One finds it mystifying in the first instance and doubly so that the protest against such prejudice against the victims of crime was ultimately allowed to stand despite the cases still having life in them yet and months down the line of testimony still to be heard.

Snip
Today, the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office submitted a request for recusal against the professional judges of the 2nd Criminal Chamber in criminal proceedings to the Braunschweig Regional Court due to concerns of bias due to the allegation of several acts against sexual self-determination.

The reason for this is the decision of the 2nd Criminal Chamber of 03.07.2024, by which the arrest warrant of 18.11.2022 against the accused was lifted.
In the opinion of the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, this decision documents circumstances that give rise to the assumption that the Criminal Chamber has already reached a conclusive conviction by ignoring the arguments of the public prosecutor's office on the question of crime and guilt, which can no longer be shaken by the still outstanding taking of evidence.

For the public prosecutor's office, there is no doubt that the chamber is not prepared to even deal with the submissions of the public prosecutor's office. It is therefore to be seriously feared that the Chamber has already formed its opinion on the question of crime and guilt and thus long before the conclusion of the main hearing, which is not to be concluded until October, and that the further taking of evidence will not change this. From the point of view of the public prosecutor's office, this is an unjustified presumption of the result of the taking of evidence.

The right to be heard granted to the public prosecutor's office was clearly only of a formal nature. The public prosecutor's office was given the opportunity to comment on the defense's application for the arrest warrant to be lifted. However, the submissions of the public prosecutor's office were not taken up at any point in the reasons for the decision. The Chamber did not deal at all with the arguments of the public prosecutor's office that would have prevented the arrest warrant from being revoked. Therefore, the public prosecutor's office fears that the chamber has not taken note of the statement.

In view of all the above, from the point of view of the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, there is a serious concern of partiality, against the background of the presumption that the Criminal Chamber has already committed itself to an acquittal of evidence and that the evidence still outstanding is no longer relevant and can no longer influence the Chamber's assessment.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong because I have not studied his writings in any great detail ... but wasn't the material in the books written as depraved 'conversations' to a fellow collaborator on the dark web where discussion took place alluding to child victims and getting rid of evidence?

Certainly his fixation which you mention of investigators "having a grudge against him and trying to fit him up" is worthy of expert evaluation.
My opinion

Last edited:
I'm certain the Buchs will be part of the police files and will remain so even if they are not permitted to be used in a court of law.

For general info, the Buchs are a collection of physical notebooks and sketchpads in which CB documented and illustrated his sexual fantasies.

We've never heard the result of, if the evidence from the factory is to be heard.
I'm certain the Buchs will be part of the police files and will remain so even if they are not permitted to be used in a court of law.

Were the Buchs part of the factory haul? Or did they come from some other search? I've had a google but can't find any mention of them in the factory haul.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I have not studied his writings in any great detail ... but wasn't the material in the books written as depraved 'conversations' to a fellow collaborator on the dark web where discussion took place alluding to child victims and getting rid of evidence?

Certainly his fixation which you mention of investigators "having a grudge against him and trying to fit him up" is worthy of expert evaluation.
My opinion

My opinion
It's possible that the Judge in question is annoyed that Wolters has declared CB guilty in the MM case..bypassing the judge and the presenting of evidence

It's possible that the Judge in question is annoyed that Wolters has declared CB guilty in the MM case..bypassing the judge and the presenting of evidence
Don't see why should be. There is no prospect of a trial in the foreseeable future , so no judge to feel slighted over a premature declaration of guilt.

Your synopsis could provide the answers to one or two extraordinary issues which featured in this case.
I haven't bothered to analyse the inexplicable path the judge has followed by giving leeway to the promotion of materials which concern only the MM case and nothing else'

Investigators both from the BKA and SY were allowed to be called as witnesses to this trial and in both instances were put in the position of having to point out that they were unable to address the curiosity about the MM case because
  • it is not the concern of this trial which features five unconnected cases
  • it is still an active case and as such debars investigators from discussing it
  • no indictments have been made
The trial judges knew this and they knew that the MM case was not a feature in any one of the five indictments CB is facing .. yet they allowed the MM case to be hijacked and in turn be allowed to hijack the cases they should be considering.

Even to the extent of allowing a private detective employed by MM's parents to be called to the stand.

The judges in the Braunschweig court allowed these witnesses to be called on one pretext or another but the bottom line being interference in matters of no concern to them and certainly not interference in the prosecution of a case which may never be prosecuted. To the neglect of the current five indictments legitimately their concern.
My opinion

The eagerness of the defence to get their hands on anything to do with the MM case is almost palpable and it seems the Braunschweig judges have swallowed the defence thought process hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:
For general info, the Buchs are a collection of physical notebooks and sketchpads in which CB documented and illustrated his sexual fantasies.
Where does this come from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch
Back