WI WI - Ben Wilberding, 21, Tomahawk, 24 May 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's my Uncle! Someone knows something and they aren't cracking. I feel it in my heart that Artie did it. Why else would he have had bens ID and social security card? Just wish there was a crack in the case SOMEWHERE!

That's my Uncle! Someone knows something and they aren't cracking. I feel it in my heart that Artie did it. Why else would he have had bens ID and social security card? Just wish there was a crack in the case SOMEWHERE!

Do you know whether that older man/surrogate father is still alive? It would be interesting to know his name and background.
Kraemer and Wetenkamp went to the house of the friend, an older man and surrogate father to the Wilberding siblings.

Arthur "Art" R. Wilberding's (Jr) above obit shows he died Saturday, December 24, 2022 at age 53.

His father, Arthur H. Wilberding, died March 14, 2001.

IMO, it's interesting that the Chicago Tribune Sat, Mar 17, 2001 Page 72 (Historical Newspapers from the 1700's-2000s - Newspapers.com) states that the father moved back to Roselle, IL, to care for his mother, Bernice, five years before his death on March 14, 2001. That would be 1996, coincidently the same year that Ben Wilberding disappeared. I wonder how close the date that he moved back to Illinois was to the date that Ben disappeared?

Bernice died 24 Feb 2007, according to Ancestry.com, at age 91.

In doing a newspaper address search of W7894 Hwy CC & W7564 Hwy CC, Tomahawk, WI, Ben's address at the time he disappeared (Newspapers.com), the
Merrill Foto News, Wed, May 01, 1996 Page 4, shows a Johnny Robles reported a house burglary at W7894 Hwy CC. I wonder if that burglary tied in with Ben's disappearance on Saturday, May 24th, 1996? And why would he report a burglary at Ben's parents' house? He was married in 1994 to Jessica Ann Jahn in Tomahawk, WI. Arthur H. Wilberding, Ben's father, was married to a Betty Lou Jahn. I would assume Johnny Robles was related to the Wilberdings thru marriage. According to Milwaukee County Case Number 1986CF004814A State of Wisconsin vs. John Robles aka Johnny Robles, he was one of three people arrested on drug charges in Milwaukee in 1986.

Ben worked at Hurd Windows & Doors, 1815 Water St, Merrill, WI.

Another Tomahawk man, Robert W. Cartwright, went missing in 2012 and was never found. He lived in Merrill, from 2000 on, for several years, W5990 Hillside Dr, Merrill, WI. It would be interesting to find out as to where he worked in Merrill, though I see no connection between either case and there's a 4 year time difference.

wilb.png

Arthur "Art" R. Wilberding's (Jr) above obit shows he died Saturday, December 24, 2022 at age 53.

His father, Arthur H. Wilberding, died March 14, 2001.

IMO, it's interesting that the Chicago Tribune Sat, Mar 17, 2001 Page 72 (Historical Newspapers from the 1700's-2000s - Newspapers.com) states that the father moved back to Roselle, IL, to care for his mother, Bernice, five years before his death on March 14, 2001. That would be 1996, coincidently the same year that Ben Wilberding disappeared. I wonder how close the date that he moved back to Illinois was to the date that Ben disappeared?

Bernice died 24 Feb 2007, according to Ancestry.com, at age 91.

In doing a newspaper address search of W7894 Hwy CC & W7564 Hwy CC, Tomahawk, WI, Ben's address at the time he disappeared (Newspapers.com), the
Merrill Foto News, Wed, May 01, 1996 Page 4, shows a Johnny Robles reported a house burglary at W7894 Hwy CC. I wonder if that burglary tied in with Ben's disappearance on Saturday, May 24th, 1996? And why would he report a burglary at Ben's parents' house? He was married in 1994 to Jessica Ann Jahn in Tomahawk, WI. Arthur H. Wilberding, Ben's father, was married to a Betty Lou Jahn. I would assume Johnny Robles was related to the Wilberdings thru marriage. According to Milwaukee County Case Number 1986CF004814A State of Wisconsin vs. John Robles aka Johnny Robles, he was one of three people arrested on drug charges in Milwaukee in 1986.

Ben worked at Hurd Windows & Doors, 1815 Water St, Merrill, WI.

Another Tomahawk man, Robert W. Cartwright, went missing in 2012 and was never found. He lived in Merrill, from 2000 on, for several years, W5990 Hillside Dr, Merrill, WI. It would be interesting to find out as to where he worked in Merrill, though I see no connection between either case and there's a 4 year time difference.

View attachment 529671
I'm still pretty solidly convinced Arthur Jr. did it, and that something went wrong with the search. Maybe the trailer was moved after they buried Wilberding under it. They should check that property again, not just there, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla
Back