Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This makes me so sad. Everything about it is so horrific. Melissa must have been terrified when she realized what was happening.
What a beautiful and compassionate soul she was.
She certainly deserved to live happily ever after. Then this monster steals her life
and upends the lives of her loved ones, her friends, her co-workers and her neighbors.
What a nightmare!
We really do live among evil, depraved people who have a blatant disregard for the sanctity of human life. This perp certainly has poor impulse control. I wonder if this was his first assault/ murder or if he just became more brazen after getting away with prior evil.
Imho

This is just a devastating crime, on so many levels.

JMO, it's beyond sobering to realize how easily someone can become prey, especially women and children. It feels cruelly unjust to me, our vulnerability to predators. Murders like this one - to be targeted, selected and killed in the environs of your home base - how can any one of us ever really guard against such a possibility? Why should we have to?

And yes, The Gift of Fear, sure, useful reading. But what if only what happened that morning was all that was different from any other day? What if she had never laid eyes on him before? What would have triggered her intuition?

IMO, Melissa Jubane seemed to have been living her life with focus and meaning: long, long partnership culminating in their recent wedding; professional nursing career and all the years of school leading up to that; apartment in a nice, seemingly secure building; a pet, a captivating future and the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Where in that portrait is there the need or even the space to be mindful that monsters are everywhere? What kind of armor is so heavy that it can keep you safe but also let you breathe, let you live?

I feel so bad for all who have lost her.

What a very sad case. This reminds many other people here in Oregon of another case of a young married woman giving a friend a ride to work who lived in the same apt complex as her in Gresham, Oregon and he killed her. That motive in that case was obsession because he got rejected for his advances so when this case blew up a few days ago, that was my thought what happened here too. The suspect use to live in Newberg ( my hometown now after moving away from Portland) and a lot of his family are healthcare professionals and still live in Newberg. Our community is supporting his family members because they are victims as well. I have encountered many of them when I had medical visits . RIP Melissa, you did not deserve to die.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back